Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

How come when ole was at the helm it was coaching but now it's not.
I'm sure no one on earth would have said RR was the man to sort out the team...Also, after 3-years and hundreds of millions spent; we still looked shite under Ole. I think that's time enough to get your ideas across.

Luckily, he's an interim and we have a brand new manager at the end of the season.

R'hllor

JM crew have nothing on this bunch, actually thought that wouldnt be possible but here we are, take a bow.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
But the same people who had an issue with 'Ole inners' etc, are the ones throwing around 'cultists' etc. I'm not under it enough to get over it, but the levels of hypocrisy are hilarious.
- a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular thing.

That's exactly what the Rangnites are. There's no basis whatsoever for the credit he is getting for the behind the scenes stuff. Yet they are loathe to attribute any blame to him for the shocking performances that he was brought in to address. Help me make that make sense.

Zen86

Who said they did? Your issue was the 'people like me kept bringing Ole up' and no one said 'we should have kept Ole'. Fact is, they did, with obvious caveats. By virtue of brining up Ole, people are going to counter the bullshit argument, and take a swipe at Ole. Soooo, 'people like me' will keep bringing up Ole, as long as Ralf is used as a weird way to absolve his 3-year tenure.

It's also worth mentioning that the initial post of yours I quoted, alluded to Ole's reign, which is why my response mentioned him. It really wasn't a big deal, you could have admitted you were wrong and moved on. My initial response also invited a discussion but you decided to get narky and personal, and mention 'posters like me'. Have a read back, it's all there. Obviously the topic of Ole is a sore point for you and you don't want to discuss in a civil manner. That's your call; but calling Ralf a 'hipster German' or whatever, shows a huge lack of self awareness on your part, considering how protective you were of Ole. It's not really the way to post, to get any kind of nuanced debate going.
Do you even know how what you’re arguing about? :lol:

You were trying to tell me about all these posters who think Ole shouldn’t have been sacked, I said there aren’t any. Even the most ardent Ole inner doesn’t think that. It’s just you, distorting peoples posts to suit this little crusade of yours. And that’s basically all you’ve done throughout this exchange, distort the discussion, post nonsense, and try to take the moral high ground in the process. Oh, and let’s not forget claiming victory in every other post like some fecking gimpy neck beard. Seriously

As for my original post, it was this:

It’s those that were adamant all our previous woes we’re due to rubbish coaches and no tactics. Struggling to come to terms with the original German hipster tactician doing a really shit job.
Is that absolving Ole’s reign? :lol: Well, I’m sure you’ll no doubt twist it into that. I don’t even have to mention him by name these days for you to emerge out of the shadows with your totally unbiased ‘I have no horse in the race’, ‘just telling it like it is’ bullshit, as per usual.

Ole’s gone. Six months ago. I think it’s you who’s actually never managed to quite get over it as you’re still going around preaching how you’re fighting the non-existent Ole-Inner boogeyman.

If people want to point out that we’re still shit despite the change in management, then I think they’re more than entitled to after the last 6 months. As for me, I actually find it comical the level of demented excuses posted for Ralf in this thread, mostly by those who branded all our woes on ‘no tactics’ and other moronic one liners. As I mentioned before, this guy was supposed to be the heralded chosen one and the depths some people on here are going to obfuscate his performance is mental.

Anyway, always a pleasure @Robbie Boy

Robbie Boy

- a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular thing.

That's exactly what the Rangnites are. There's no basis whatsoever for the credit he is getting for the behind the scenes stuff. Yet they are loathe to attribute any blame to him for the shocking performances that he was brought in to address. Help me make that make sense.
Fair enough.

I agree he hasn't done a good job from a coaching POV. But I don't think Ole did either. Every manager post-Fergie, bar Moyes, has had a weird **** following on here. I don't get any of it; for me, they've all failed.

Robbie Boy

Do you even know how what you’re arguing about? :lol:

You were trying to tell me about all these posters who think Ole shouldn’t have been sacked, I said there aren’t any. Even the most ardent Ole inner doesn’t think that. It’s just you, distorting peoples posts to suit this little crusade of yours. And that’s basically all you’ve done throughout this exchange, distort the discussion, post nonsense, and try to take the moral high ground in the process. Oh, and let’s not forget claiming victory in every other post like some fecking gimpy neck beard. Seriously

As for my original post, it was this:

Is that absolving Ole’s reign? :lol: Well, I’m sure you’ll no doubt twist it into that. I don’t even have to mention him by name these days for you to emerge out of the shadows with your totally unbiased ‘I have no horse in the race’, ‘just telling it like it is’ bullshit, as per usual.

Ole’s gone. Six months ago. I think it’s you who’s actually never managed to quite get over it as you’re still going around preaching how you’re fighting the non-existent Ole-Inner boogeyman.

If people want to point out that we’re still shit despite the change in management, then I think they’re more than entitled to after the last 6 months. As for me, I actually find it comical the level of demented excuses posted for Ralf in this thread, mostly by those who branded all our woes on ‘no tactics’ and other moronic one liners. As I mentioned before, this guy was supposed to be the heralded chosen one and the depths some people on here are going to obfuscate his performance is mental.

Anyway, always a pleasure @Robbie Boy
Cheers. Just a misunderstanding on your part.

Yeah, thankfully Ole is gone. Ralf will be soon, so time to look forward. Here's to hoping for a brighter future bud.

DSG

I'm sure no one on earth would have said RR was the man to sort out the team...Also, after 3-years and hundreds of millions spent; we still looked shite under Ole. I think that's time enough to get your ideas across.

Luckily, he's an interim and we have a brand new manager at the end of the season.
Bizarre post. We were all optimistic when he was hired in December. We were 3 points off of 4th. If you were the one person who thought we had no chance of top4 with any interim manager, you were one of just a handful, I’m sure.

He’s been truly awful. All managers, interim or permanent, inherit a squad. They are expected to get better results than the previous manager. He hasn’t, he’s actually been quite a bit worse. The Mitten article exposes behind the scenes what we’ve seen on the field.

I agree with you that it is lucky he’s an interim. I can’t wait for him to feck off to Austria.

Robbie Boy

Bizarre post. We were all optimistic when he was hired in December. We were 3 points off of 4th. If you were the one person who thought we had no chance of top4 with any interim manager, you were one of just a handful, I’m sure.

He’s been truly awful. All managers, interim or permanent, inherit a squad. They are expected to get better results than the previous manager. He hasn’t, he’s actually been quite a bit worse. The Mitten article exposes behind the scenes what we’ve seen on the field.

I agree with you that it is lucky he’s an interim. I can’t wait for him to feck off to Austria.
Who said we had no chance of top-four?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Are you on some Rangnite crusade or something? You just don't seem to be able to cope with anybody saying anything negative about the fraud. You're even trying to drum up support in other threads from anyone who will listen. It's all very weird.

Can't you not just accept that there are some people out there who think Rangnick is crap and are not buying his BS?

izec

Doesn’t really fit with the lazy players narrative very well though does it?
Yes, the players definitely aren't lazy :lol:

They all eat healthy, do extra work in the gym and are burning with workrate under every manager, except Rangnick… oh wait.

Robbie Boy

Are you on some Rangnite crusade or something? You just don't seem to be able to cope with anybody saying anything negative about the fraud. You're even trying to drum up support in other threads from anyone who will listen. It's all very weird.

Can't you not just accept that there are some people out there who think Rangnick is crap and are not buying his BS?
I don't actually care about him :lol:

He hasn't done a good job as coach. Neither did Ole, but he had 3-years and 300 odd million to spend. I just want to look towards the future and be done with 9-years of shite managers :D

AndySmith1990

Coining the term "Rangnite" is also weird.
Can't you also accept that there are some people who don't think he's a fraud?

Oh wait we're on the Internet, of course no one can accept each others opinion.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Coining the term "Rangnite" is also weird.
Can't you also accept that there are some people who don't think he's a fraud?

Oh wait we're on the Internet, of course no one can accept each others opinion.
I quite like the term Rangnite. Hope it catches on. :)

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I don't really rate Andy Mitten as a journalist. He's got good connections but I don't think he is a particularly insightful person. I'd trust him to report the news, not really interested in his opinions on it though.

Plus some of those journos have really got their bread and butter from getting sources close to players and the club. So you have to take what he says with that in mind.

stevoc

Doesn’t really fit with the lazy players narrative very well though does it?
It perhaps doesn't no though I do think we definitely do have some lazy players and some players with bad attitudes but it's been overblown on here in recent months to the point where apparently almost the entire squad is lazy and have attitude problems.

Clearly the squad has some bad apples. And clearly this squad and this manager are a bad fit to the point where almost the entire squad looks demoralized and/or unmotivated. Even Cavani who's supposedly regarded as an ultra professional everywhere he's been checked out after Xmas.

Last edited:

Fluctuation0161

He's not a fraud. Any interim manager was never going to command the same authority as a permanent. He wasn't able to make a single signing. He is taking the club on the first steps to a new style of play which our current crop of players don't suit.

Yes, he has made mistakes as manager but his track record is in building successful clubs. I'm glad he's seen our squads weaknesses first hand.

A-man

I had really high expectations and believed in him, but now I must say he is probably my biggest disappointment of this season. Seems like an academic with good theory, but don’t know how to apply it outside the university walls.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He’s been a massive disappointment. I find it hilarious that so many on here claim that the club were not interested in him finishing top 4 and it’s all about his consultancy role.

I doubt anybody will be listening to him after he’s failed so badly as the interim, least of all ETH.

SteveCoppellFan

I thought the Ole threads were a shitstorm. This thread takes the cake.
This.

If people spent as much time and effort on themselves as they do whimpering on the internet then they would be in a much better place.

Ralf in obviously ;)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I thought the Ole threads were a shitstorm. This thread takes the cake.
Absolute fecking madness.

I can only assume the energy is completely manufactured because this current incarnation of United doesn't deserve such levels of excitement that are being generated in this thread. Every page seems to ratchet up, to the point where some people are just bending reality and making shit up. It's more entertaining than the garbage this team has shown this season, that's for sure.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Yet more gibberish. You don't get a medal for pointing out what's wrong with United, a blind monkey could tell you that. God forbid we get the interim manager to win a football match though.
Well clearly, knowing what is wrong with MUFC and how to solve the issue is something we've been trying to do for almost 10 years.
We've spent over £1Bn attempting to win the league and we have failed.
So, suggesting that it's easy to say what is wrong at MUFC, is wrong. Apparently, in 9 years, we haven't been able to find a solution and still don't have one. IMO, ETH (who some are hoping will be the answer), will be fired in less than 3 years, just like all the previous managers have. I hope I am wrong, though.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Absolute fecking madness.

I can only assume the energy is completely manufactured because this current incarnation of United doesn't deserve such levels of excitement that are being generated in this thread. Every page seems to ratchet up, to the point where some people are just bending reality and making shit up. It's more entertaining than the garbage this team has shown this season, that's for sure.
:lol:

Funny post.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
4 points needed from 3 games for Europa. I know winning football matches isn't his forte by any stretch of the imagination but a win and a draw will do. I hope I'm not asking for too much.

stevoc

4 points needed from 3 games for Europa. I know winning football matches isn't his forte by any stretch of the imagination but a win and a draw will do. I hope I'm not asking for too much.
Well we've averaged 1 win every 4 games since January and last time we won was 4 games ago so we might just be in with a chance.

But if we don't manage it, it's ok qualifying for the Europa League was always a long shot anyway Ralf took over anyway.

Mercurial

Looking at the low tally for #3 & #4 makes it evident just how awful we are to not have won just a few or more of our matches vs bottom teams under the Professor Emeritus. Team literally downed tools on his gegenpress and persona. So sucky that we are missing out on CL vs this weak London opposition. For all the hype surrounding him, RR has been a horrible horrible coach for us. Also the idea that reaching top 4 wasn't the goal I just call bs on that, It was more likely than anything a major goal for his tenure. He had the misfortune to have met his match and got bested by the erratic MUFCboard and our 'coach slayer squad', and ultimately got exposed hard at the top end. Only hope left from all this is some wishfull thinking he at the least got some shakedowns going behind the scenes that might make a positive impact.

DSG

You said no one thought Ralf could fix the team and improve performances… Really? Look back at this thread, everyone was optimistic.

It’s like you are straddling the line between defending Ralf, but admitting he’s been awful as a manager. The thread is about his performance as a manager, not as a consultant, not his press conference performances.

That’s why it was a bizarre post.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Well we've averaged 1 win every 4 games since January and last time we won was 4 games ago so we might just be in with a chance.

But if we don't manage it, it's ok qualifying for the Europa League was always a long shot anyway Ralf took over anyway.
:lol: We had someone in this thread saying they still would support Ralf if he had lost all the games (which would've meant relegation). The sheer delusion knows no bounds.

Kellyiom

He's not a fraud. Any interim manager was never going to command the same authority as a permanent. He wasn't able to make a single signing. He is taking the club on the first steps to a new style of play which our current crop of players don't suit.

Yes, he has made mistakes as manager but his track record is in building successful clubs. I'm glad he's seen our squads weaknesses first hand.
This is what I feel. I'm no RR acolyte or Ole fan, I just think asking about RR's management skills is the wrong question. I think he was brought in to identify what was wrong, all the grubby aspects of the squad and its failures whether tactically, strategically or behind the scenes.

Hopefully, that will be the case and ETH will make good use of it and hit the ground running.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This is what I feel. I'm no RR acolyte or Ole fan, I just think asking about RR's management skills is the wrong question. I think he was brought in to identify what was wrong, all the grubby aspects of the squad and its failures whether tactically, strategically or behind the scenes.

Hopefully, that will be the case and ETH will make good use of it and hit the ground running.
He was brought in to get the best possible results in the remainder of the season. The same as if we went for Rudi Garcia or any of the other options.

Robbie Boy

You said no one thought Ralf could fix the team and improve performances… Really? Look back at this thread, everyone was optimistic.
No idea what you're on about tbh. The post I responded to was a general post about people saying a better manager could do better with this team, during Ole's reign. They did indeed say that, but absolutely no one would have thought Ralf Rangnick was the answer. Some favoured Conte, some Poch and most ETH.

RR came in as an interim, and has generally been poor. We're getting ETH so no need to froth at the mouth about RR on a daily basis. You can keep coming at me swinging but you'll keep punching air buddy.

So, in answer to my question? I certainly didn't say anything whatsoever about RR and top 4. More gaslighting.

Last edited:

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Wow this thread. It’s like a metaphor for the season, the anti Rangnick sentiment is just like comedy now so keep it going cos we all need a laugh, the sheer amount of vitriol is spectacular.

Also who made ‘Rangnite’ into a thing? I’m glad he’s going just so that term can die the death it so richly deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.