Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pscholes18

Apparently i read a report that Ronaldo actually approved, so I don't think it's him that's upset at all, he's a professional after all, I can guarantee I know some of the players who would complain though
Good to hear if true....Ronnie is the last player who should be consulted about the hiring of a new manager.

pseudo_canadian

The players are pissed? Oh boo hoo maybe now they'll have to work. Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that the players feel entitled to be annoyed about this? They should be concentrating on their game not throwing tantrums because they weren't consulted about the new interim manager, the dressing room needs sorting big time, get rid of these personalities who think they are entitled everything
Any player complaining about this is a huge pussy

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Klopp saying we will be organized now with Rangnick is an insult to ole. Basically saying we had no sense of direction at all under him. Which we didnt.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mendes according to reports was trying to influence the board to appoint one of his clients.
Yeah, RMC named him and said that most of the names in the press were coming from agents in particular Mendes.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

The players are pissed? Oh boo hoo maybe now they'll have to work. Does anyone else find it incredibly annoying that the players feel entitled to be annoyed about this? They should be concentrating on their game not throwing tantrums because they weren't consulted about the new interim manager, the dressing room needs sorting big time, get rid of these personalities who think they are entitled everything
Not at all.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Some of this lot are really precious.

rooneyberbatov

I think one of the most exciting things about him is his eye for young players. He has a really nice record with his signings: Mane, Kimmich, Sabitzer. Let's hope he'll bring some talented players in.

mu4c_20le

By annoyance I assume someone like Lingard probably typed WTF???? followed by some emoji's in the Whatsapp group. Personally I wouldn't take these sources that seriously or literally.

SATA

I always thought Kimmich is a Bayern Munich product through and through, didn’t know he used to play for Stuttgart and Leipzig as well

HisNameIsEarl

I'd rather think it refers to the communication after the decision was made. You wouldn't like to get such information from the news, instead of being informed personally, would you? I can understand the irritation somewhat, as the news were leaked before everything was fixed and officially communicated. Though I don't think it was disrespectful towards the players, the leaking was rather the issue here. Bad communication anyway.

bosskeano

who gives a flying crap if the players are upset about not being told or consulted about the interim manager being brought in....if they did their job properly they and the club wouldn't be in this situation

tweed

Does any one know if he was ever courted by Bayern and if not why not? I know they have been through a number of coaches in the last 15years some better than others so wondering why he was never given the job as he has the qualifications . is it because of him being a manager for shalke or bayern not needing a manager with a too much a of a free spirit? interested if someone with bundesliga knowledge could enlighten me.

pascell

who gives a flying crap if the players are upset about not being told or consulted about the interim manager being brought in....if they did their job properly they and the club wouldn't be in this situation
They need to be shown the door then. Why should players be involved in the process, makes no sense, no player should be having any bit of influence on the decision, Ronaldo included.

Pronewbie

Peep
Some of the leaks coming out of the dressing room remind me of a very childish, gossipy team that I used to manage. Wonder if they were overly mollycoddled by Ole. Or maybe it's just a sign of the times.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Anyone else slightly worried about how the media are hyping up this guy? Every article i've read, every news segment on TV, even on the radio, journo's, ex-pundits, ex players all singing his praises (heck, even opposition fans on social media think this is a good appointment). I guess years of suffering post-fergie and countless false down's have left me feeling slightly apprehensive that this will all end tits up!

Delano

Thing is, the players who are moaning will be found out and be out on their arse in no time.

That's what the two year guarantee provides over someone who'd be hired to do a hatchet job.

Infestissumam

Does any one know if he was ever courted by Bayern and if not why not? I know they have been through a number of coaches in the last 15years some better than others so wondering why he was never given the job as he has the qualifications . is it because of him being a manager for shalke or bayern not needing a manager with a too much a of a free spirit? interested if someone with bundesliga knowledge could enlighten me.
he was a candidate in 2019 when they sacked Kovac, but Rangnick declined. It would have never worked either because Hoeneß and Rummenigge are way too involved ... they would have never given Rangnick the keys.

funnily enough, one of those articles from 2019 I've just found mentions that Man United was interested in Rangnick :lol:

Dante

Average bang

Good.

United's biggest problem since 2013 has been the extent of player power in the dressing room. It's what sunk three of our last four managers: Moyes (players better than his previous Everton side but underperformed on the same tactics and missed out on top 4), Mourinho (reports of players downing tools towards the end) and Ole (players failing to follow the same instructions that got them 2nd last season). Arguably, the AdM failure was part of what sunk LvG as well, but that's more debatable.

The squad need to know that no single one of them is bigger than the club. I hope RR drums that into them from day 1.

The appointment of the new manager isn't their pay grade. I wouldn't expect to be consulted on my next manager either.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't believe most of the 'leaks' over the past couple of months but I don't care what the players think. They've been a disgrace this season.

izec

Cant wait for them to finally start some work. We have some children in the dressing room. Never happy.

Revaulx

By annoyance I assume someone like Lingard probably typed WTF???? followed by some emoji's in the Whatsapp group. Personally I wouldn't take these sources that seriously or literally.
Indeed.

Anyway, Lingard works hard and follows instructions. I’m sure he’ll get a lot more game time in the coming months.

tweed

he was a candidate in 2019 when they sacked Kovac, but Rangnick declined. It would have never worked either because Hoeneß and Rummenigge are way too involved ... they would have never given Rangnick the keys.

funnily enough, one of those articles from 2019 I've just found mentions that Man United was interested in Rangnick :lol:
Thank you kind sir

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Some of the leaks coming out of the dressing room remind me of a very childish, gossipy team that I used to manage. Wonder if they were overly mollycoddled by Ole. Or maybe it's just a sign of the times.
Bunch of teenagers who see themselves above anything else. Time to ground them. I have full confidence that Rangnick will not be played and will be very tough to all of them. He has nothing to lose

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
In the early 2000s it would have been a theoretical possibility, but it simply did not happen, don't think there was a specific reason for it, he wasn't that successful that it would have been a no brainer for them. Later on Bayern subscribed to van Gaal's philosophy, which was quite opposite to Rangnick's, so they would not have been a good match based on that, and also Rangnick evolved more to be working on board-level and Bayern don't sign external guys for that, they employ their ex players there to keep some club DNA (at the moment Kahn as CEO and Salihamidzic as DoF, obviously in earlier years Rummenigge and Hoeneß were the main guys here). There have been some rumours as mentioned, but I think due to these reasons it never happened.

Dante

Average bang
I think that's just the dressing room culture. It's probably been passed on from season to season ever since the club lost Fergie's iron fist in 2013.

I always understood Ole's cultural reset to be about solving this kind of problem (amongst other things). Obviously, the job isn't completely done yet. But I'd bet the Solksjaer's players weren't the ones doing most of the self-entitled whinging. Even though the likes of Bruno and Ronaldo have massive egos, they've always been very openly deferential to the boss.

Camilo

Who is this guy?! Some retiree from. Russia?! Clueless. Big Sam was available, total joke.

Big Andy

Bloke
That's how I feel about it. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary in the next few weeks/months. I mean, it can't get any worse I suppose. If they just run more, I'd be over the moon!

But I do think there's going to be a few hasty judgments when things haven't changed THAT much over the next few weeks.
My view is that we are too passive without the ball. Losing it then just ambling back or not even bothering.

Rangnick's philosophy is to win the ball back within 8 seconds of losing it. His training at RB Leipzig has a ticking clock on the training ground, whereby the team in possession had 10 seconds to have a shot at goal, or for the defending team to win it within 8 seconds, if the defending team win the ball they then have 10 seconds to score and the other team have 8 seconds to win it back. HE said that this can be trained to become second nature to a player in as little as 3 weeks.

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others

Indeed. Bayern believes strongly in separating coaching from personnel management. Since LVG implemented it in 2009, the club has adopted an overarching tactical DNA based two top talented wingers, and not even Pep was allowed to change that fundamentally. Hence, RR coming in and shaking up things according to his beliefs, was always a no-no.

MattyLT

sounds like a savior in human form

(...)

sounds like exactly what has been missing

(...)

we are about to see that the correct answer is a massive amount of influence.

(...)
I can't follow it word for word until the 'hit back' part, but from what I'm hearing: 'We can talk all we want and the others can talk all they want - just do it'.

(...)

Hit back with everything you have, cause where we want to go, you get nothing for free! Nowhere! So now go outside and GET what you want!'

(...)

So that this becomes your body's and mind's standard mode of operating

(...)

sounds very sensible and very promising for the long term.
we will be organized now

(...)

we had no sense of direction at all
Anyone else slightly worried about how the media are hyping up this guy?

(...)

all singing his praises

(...)

years of suffering
I don't know if you guys are history buffs or not, but I'm getting some really bad vibes off of this German fellow. Bad vibes, I tell you!

Status
Not open for further replies.