Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshanks

Really hope he's taking training tomorrow.

As I go about my Monday I want to know that those players are getting the reality check of a lifetime, as well as leathered with proper tactical information probably for the first time in ages.
Doubt there will be training tomorrow, suspect there will be a rest day after todays match. Then two sessions Tuesday and Wednesday before arsenal on Thursday.

It may take a little time for Ralf to get his philosophy across especially as we move into the very busy Christmas period were there won't be alot of time inbetween games.

MattofManchester

Doubt there will be training tomorrow, suspect there will be a rest day after todays match. Then two sessions Tuesday and Wednesday before arsenal on Thursday.

It may take a little time for Ralf to get his philosophy across especially as we move into the very busy Christmas period were there won't be alot of time inbetween games.
It may take a little more time than that, as it seems me have quite a myriad of players who don't seem to work as hard as they should. Rangnick and the like will push them to their limits.

I do wonder how some players are going to react to it all.

the_cliff

I've heard that he won't be in charge for the Arsenal game ? is that true ? Not looking forward to Arsenal with this terrible football that we're playing atm.

croadyman

I've heard that he won't be in charge for the Arsenal game ? is that true ? Not looking forward to Arsenal with this terrible football that we're playing atm.
Well Disco (stupid name) said that a couple of days back. Unfortunately I fear he's right on this and won't be in charge until Sunday.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Really hope he's taking training tomorrow.

As I go about my Monday I want to know that those players are getting the reality check of a lifetime, as well as leathered with proper tactical information probably for the first time in ages.
We ain’t even signed him yet. So no he won’t be.

the_cliff

Well Disco (stupid name) from The Mirror said that a couple of days back. Unfortunately I fear that he's right on this and won't be in charge until Sunday.
Yeah well I guess it is what it is. Not much I suppose Rangnick can do in a couple of days anyway.

That Arsenal game is a very big game for us, a lot of people here are underestimating the importance of that fixture. It's a must win.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

Well done United for not fixing all this in the International break
This.

Whoever the feck on our board voted and decided to stick with Solskjaer over the international break and let him go on a 9 day holiday needs their head examined. It was painfully obvious what needed to happen after City.

Now we’ve got games thick and fast with no international breaks to carry out a smooth transition. Great going United. You finally made a good decision but boy did you arrive at it late and pick the worst possible time to carry it out.

copen1945

United got a point against Chelsea by not playing pretty football. I doubt the incoming interim manager would manage a point despite playing beautiful and progressive football. I would rather take results and points than style.

croadyman

If he were to stay on beyond the summer, or we appoint a manager with a very similar philosophy and demands, the World Cup could actually be quite a blessing for us, with them afforded loads of time to work with all the players not going, especially the younger players.
Who would you say has got a very similar philosophy to him on our shortlist, on the other hand maybe Ralf has someone in mind for the role not yet thought about

Blood Mage

The board had a whole ass international break to get this sorted but they desperately wanted their mate Ole to hang on. Bunch of clowns. Now we have to put up with Carrick's shithouse tactics against Arsenal too.

Dominos

This.

Whoever the feck on our board voted and decided to stick with Solskjaer over the international break and let him go on a 9 day holiday needs their head examined. It was painfully obvious what needed to happen after City.

Now we’ve got games thick and fast with no international breaks to carry out a smooth transition. Great going United. You finally made a good decision but boy did you arrive at it late and pick the worst possible time to carry it out.
I've thought about this so many times and I still cannot get my head around how this can be possible.

You would think to get into a position of power at a multi-billion pound business you need even the most basic common sense. Did anyone in that boardroom point out the obvious to them that if they're going to sack him after 1 more bad result anyway then he's basically already gone and there's no chance he can see out the season? Did they discuss the implications of trying to get a manager in during a busy run of fixtures vs during a 2 week international break? And when these questions were raised, who on earth has tried to justify keeping him?

This level of stupidity will grate on me for a long time.

dave1956

Read an article in the Guardian's sport pages that he has all ready requested training videos, match videos and players performance data. These requests have been agreed by the board and supplied.
It also stated that one of the conditions of him becoming manager/coach was that he brought with him 2 coaches with whom he has worked with for a number of years and are fully intune with his methods and systems.

croadyman

The board had a whole ass international break to get this sorted but they desperately wanted their mate Ole to hang on. Bunch of clowns. Now we have to put up with Carrick's shithouse tactics against Arsenal too.
Yeah like so many have already said this went on two weeks longer than it should. So neglecting to not spend international break getting him in place.

croadyman

Read an article in the Guardian's sport pages that he has all ready requested training videos, match videos and players performance data. These requests have been agreed by the board and supplied.
It also stated that one of the conditions of him becoming manager/coach was that he brought with him 2 coaches with whom he has worked with for a number of years and are fully intune with his methods and systems.
Presumably Kornetka and this sports scientist guy mentioned on Stretford Paddock

Eddy_JukeZ

Whoever was responsible for not sacking Ole prior to the international break should be sacked and relieved of duties.

It's disgraceful how we screwed up something so obvious and simple.

croadyman

Whoever was responsible for not sacking Ole prior to the international break should be sacked and relieved of duties.

Yeah that extra game he was given is why we find ourselves 5 adrift of top 4 rather than 2

HailtotheKing

Yeah, they desperately didn't want to sack him, that's why. Thankfully, we caved and conceded another two extra goals in the last minute, otherwise, he'd probably still be here. Because I'm not sure even that Watford loss would've been enough. Let's all just celebrate the fact he's gone now, and look forward to our new future which is a hell of a lot rosier. And let's be thankful that Carrick got us into the next round of the Champions League and just got a point off Chelsea. He's righted the ship when we could've been absolutely sunk.`And if he gets 3 points against Arsenal, he will have done us proud.

edcunited1878

Everyone agrees Ralf is the superior manager to Ole, however he and his main staff can still produce consistent results while implementing key tactical adjustments.

United are currently 5 points adrift of 4th, without any serious undefeated run thus far. He'll stick to a midfield 3 or a creative system that ensures United have numbers in central midfield, yet a solid shape for the benefit of the team.

There's enough talent to get positive results and the coaching coming in will provide consistent shapes and demands for short term, intermediate, and long term benefit.

United should still finish in the top 4 with Ralf as interim manager. Too much talent on hand, coupled with Ralf and the small distance to top 4.

HailtotheKing

Everyone agrees Ralf is the superior manager to Ole, however he and his main staff can still produce consistent results while implementing key tactical adjustments.

United are currently 5 points adrift of 4th, without any serious undefeated run thus far. He'll stick to a midfield 3 or a creative system that ensures United have numbers in central midfield, yet a solid shape for the benefit of the team.

There's enough talent to get positive results and the coaching coming in will provide consistent shapes and demands for short term, intermediate, and long term benefit.

United should still finish in the top 4 with Ralf as interim manager. Too much talent on hand, coupled with Ralf and the small distance to top 4.
Yes, assuming we beat Arsenal. If they win, they go 8 points clear. West Ham too. That's a fair bit of ground to make up just for 4th. That's why it's vital we beat them. So we definitely can't play like that on Thursday.

edcunited1878

Yes, assuming we beat Arsenal. If they win, they go 8 points clear. West Ham too. That's a fair bit of ground to make up just for 4th. That's why it's vital we beat them. So we definitely can't play like that on Thursday.
That's not a lot of ground considering United have already played City, Liverpool, and Chelsea through 13 weeks.

United don't have to beat Arsenal, just need points. A full result would be fantastic, but every point counts when you're chasing. Cannot afford defeats for a while. West Ham have Brighton, Chelsea, Burnley. Likely to drop some points. Arsenal have United, Everton, Southampton. United have Arsenal, Palace, Norwich.

sp_107

This.

This is the reason we fallen behind so much over last 8 years, Look at chelsea on how they act if they want to get rid of their manager....No one from previous manager coaching staff stays at club

If the coaching staff failed with previous manager means they should be acountablefor teams bad displays too and leave the club.

HailtotheKing

That's not a lot of ground considering United have already played City, Liverpool, and Chelsea through 13 weeks.

United don't have to beat Arsenal, just need points. A full result would be fantastic, but every point counts when you're chasing. Cannot afford defeats for a while. West Ham have Brighton, Chelsea, Burnley. Likely to drop some points. Arsenal have United, Everton, Southampton. United have Arsenal, Palace, Norwich.
Ok and haven't Arsenal already played City, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs also?

SAF is the GOAT

Any idea when he's going to get the work permit ? and be in Carrington for the team's practice ?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This is starting to feel a bit like the Sancho transfer.

We're all super excited but by the time United sort their shit out, the initial excitement and opportunity to give him the first game at OT against our old whipping boys is gone.

Literally, it has all the hallmarks of a transfer saga.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

I agree.
I'd classify that as misconduct. The board need to make decisions that show responsibility towards the shareholders of the company and by delaying the sacking AND sending Ole on holiday when our performances were rock bottom is totally unacceptable.
The board members who sanctioned that should be removed from the board.

minoo-utd

Why it’s taking too much time than expected? I wish we have him by Arsenal game because we can’t look again at home like such cowards!

RedDevilRoshi

I agree.
I'd classify that as misconduct. The board need to make decisions that show responsibility towards the shareholders of the company and by delaying the sacking AND sending Ole on holiday when our performances were rock bottom is totally unacceptable.
The board members who sanctioned that should be removed from the board.
It showed that the board had no intention of sacking Ole. Even if he had lost narrowly to Watford, he would still be here. The tipping point for them was when Watford scored two goals in injury time to turn the scoreline from 2-1 into 4-1.

For me, he should have gone after the Aston Villa defeat.

Annoyed that Rangnick will unlikely be in charge for the Arsenal game and won’t have much time in the training ground as the games are coming very thick & fast now.

Amir

This is starting to feel a bit like the Sancho transfer.

We're all super excited but by the time United sort their shit out, the initial excitement and opportunity to give him the first game at OT against our old whipping boys is gone.

Literally, it has all the hallmarks of a transfer saga.
It's been three days since the reports we've agreed a deal with him. Three days.

I wonder how people here today would have survived actual sagas. Shearer, Ronaldinho, Berbatov, Tevez...

Long Time Red

It showed that the board had no intention of sacking Ole. Even if he had lost narrowly to Watford, he would still be here. The tipping point for them was when Watford scored two goals in injury time to turn the scoreline from 2-1 into 4-1.

For me, he should have gone after the Aston Villa defeat.

Annoyed that Rangnick will unlikely be in charge for the Arsenal game and won’t have much time in the training ground as the games are coming very thick & fast now.
He should of gone after we failed to get through the group stage of the Champions League stage last season.

That should be fatal for any United manager.

Guardiola has never failed to get through the group stage in his entire career, Klopp has never failed at Liverpool and even Lampard managed to get Chelsea through both times.

It should of have never gotten to the stage where we lose a Europa League final.

And it should definitely never got to a stags where we're getting trounced by Liverpool, City and Watford...

Hopefully the idiots on the board have finally learnt a valuable lesson that "time" is for incompetent manages who aren't up to the job as Tuchel has shown.

MUFC OK

Compared to recent United, eg against Liverpool, City, Watford etc it was decent. I'd say solid. We set up for a 0-0.

Compared to where we should be and the opposition, pretty rubbish. Only one team interested in playing football with some quality and finesse. We went for the underdog tactics again.

I said this many times under Ole, but you will know we are back when we go out against a top level team and we're there ones dominating periods, probing their defence with good, intelligent possession, creating openings through smart movement and intelligent passing.

We saw none of that today. I'm not saying this as a stick to beat Carrick with, but that's what this performance was today. We've had loads of these over the last 3 years. Let's call a spade a spade.
This shouldn’t be too much to expect but today, under carrick it was probably never realistic.

edcunited1878

It's been three days since the reports we've agreed a deal with him. Three days.

I wonder how people here today would have survived actual sagas. Shearer, Ronaldinho, Berbatov, Tevez...
And he has to be officially released by Lokomotiv who had a match on Thursday, get his coaching staff signed off by their current clubs, all their paperwork, travel/work permits to and for UK, family to sort, etc.

Things worth doing require time. There's been significant movement within 72 hours, and it'll be a week Monday since the rumors started picking up pace.

Rightnr

Rumour is he won't take charge until CP. Now I am not sure where you did your maths but that's not 3 days.

Manager appointments are not usually slow, just look how quickly OGS was in the job.

edcunited1878

Rumour is he won't take charge until CP. Now I am not sure where you did your maths but that's not 3 days.

Manager appointments are not usually slow, just look how quickly OGS was in the job.
He was officially and seriously linked Monday last week. The acceptance was rumored to have been done around Thursday at the latest. Then 72 hours later was the Chelsea match.

United aren't just replacing Ole, but also coaches and support staff for Rangnick. Don't think Rangnick or any of his potential coaches have ever worked in the UK. Plus there's probably separate working visas or contracts because interim manager is only 6 months or so. Then as advisor or consultant might not be located full time within Manchester/UK.

Rightnr

He was officially and seriously linked Monday last week. The acceptance was rumored to have been done around Thursday at the latest. Then 72 hours later was the Chelsea match.

United aren't just replacing Ole, but also coaches and support staff for Rangnick. Don't think Rangnick or any of his potential coaches have ever worked in the UK. Plus there's probably separate working visas or contracts because interim manager is only 6 months or so. Then as advisor or consultant might not be located full time within Manchester/UK.
To be fair, this isn't unreasonable but it feels longer because this should have been done over the international break and now we have a game every 3/4 days.

Ugh, I just want a clean slate already.

Status
Not open for further replies.