Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The best of all the possible interims.

I am genuinely thrilled. Gives the perfect set up or preparation for Poch, or hopefully Ten Hagg.

Drainy

With every page in this thread, the hyping grows and grows :lol:

Ralf fecking Rangnick, you could not make it up..

'The father of Gegenpressing', Lord help me, that is a cringe sentence of words

Guess "the father of TSG Hoffenheim" doesn't sound impressive enough
I think in fairness the excitement is less for this season and more for the reforms the club will be making from an off the field technical perspective, at least I hope thats the expectation.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It gets better and better… apparently he’s bringing Lars Kornetka with him to be his assistant, never heard of him but I know his coaches will be a lot better then what we currently have. Will he bring his own coaches aswell as keeping the current ones? I assume because he’s just interim until the end of the season he won’t be able to get rid of anyone.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
This is interesting. Looks like he’s been on the club’s radar for a while now. Makes you then wonder why we didn’t consider bringing him in before?
My view is the keys have now been handed over to Murtough, Fletcher and the rest of the football people to make the footballing decisions. The fact Murtough and Fletcher led the search and landed on Rangnick speaks volumes.

Someone

Something
Best option currently. In a desert of incompetence we needed someone who knows what he's doing. So I'm happy that he's staying beyond this season.

Robertd0803

The decision making from the club has been getting and better for a few years now.

I think some fans need to update their material. Still judging the club on what was happening five years ago.
Theres been plenty of woeful decisions as well recently lets be fair.

Regardless of that though, the past 8 years has made me a little cynical so when a really positive and encouraging decision like this is made it can be hard to believe.

This is really exciting though and the sort of move we have all been crying out for.

Verward

Very good move by the board. Excited to see what he can do with our talented team. Manchester United is back. (haven't I heard that before :) )

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A bit off topic and I may have already asked you this but I'll ask it again to pique my curiosity - are you a United fan, or just a football fan? For some reason I always assumed you supported a French club but just had a vested interest in English football and/or United for some reason.
A United fan and a football fan. As a kid I used to follow Monaco because I loved Henry and Trézéguet but never cared much about the club itself, on the other hand when I first saw Giggs I was hooked to the club and the player.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
I said in another thread, the ideal scenario is we get Ralf R now, then in the Summer Ralf chooses the manager and he chooses Ten Hag.

Ralf is a football man, though and through. He won't bow to the likes of Woodward and his cronies. They'll either accept his footballing decisions or he'll leave.

IMO, medium-term, this is the guy (along with the new manager in the Summer) who can get us going head to head with MCFC, CFC and LFC. He won't accept failure.

His focus is fast passing, attacking football. He dislikes side/back passes. When we have the ball, he insists on fast forward passing. He believes that the GK is the weakest player on the ball, so he doesn't like the GK to see much of the ball.

You want fast tempo, hard pressing, relentless attacking football?
Ralf is your man.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think McKenna will stay. I know this forum shits on him but he was an exceptionally highly rated coach who is still very young and was thrust from the great job he did with our youths into the senior tactical and coaching voice at the biggest club around ridiculously quickly with very little support once Jose left. Working with Ralph could be great for him. Phelan will be off though I reckon.

Oh and for all those shitting on Murtough and Fletcher:

Apokalips

Very excited about his appointment. My main concern is how he will get players like Martial, Greenwood and especially Rashford to press in a coordinated manner. Others may disagree, but I have noticed Rashford being very lazy with pressing from the front and tracking back for quite a while, even more under Ole compared to other managers but most were blaming it on him being injured or overworked. This hasn't changed even after he came back from injury.

Our fullbacks are also not his ideal kind of fullbacks and then you have McFred. The fullback part would be a concern of any manager out there anyway. Look at most top teams, most of them have ones which are very capable in the attacking department and are very technically gifted which we completely lack in Shaw and Wan Bissaka.
I think these players should want to be the best they can be and probably are willing learners, but the problem is Ole didn't teach much and wanted them to go and "do their magic". Martial and Rashford had no issues under a task master like LVG so I don't think they inherently are lazy despite their recent behaviours and Martial's body language.

I really hope he comes in and cracks the whip and we see our best players show their potential.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Why many are so excited that much? Can you tell us more about this guy! Has he won something big ? Or managed a top side?

I saw few didn’t want Valverde although he won la liga and the C.L but cheer for this guy? Yes his famous interview was really top notch and he is surely has some ideas to implement but why all the fuss about?
Just to put this into Kitchen Nightmare terms: Valverde is the managerial equivalent of a struggling restaurant replacing a poor chef with a decent chef. Rangnick on the other hand, is like a struggling restaurant bringing in Gordon Ramsay to totally uproot the entire business from top to bottom.

MUFC OK

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
I said in another thread, the ideal scenario is we get Ralf R now, then in the Summer Ralf chooses the manager and he chooses Ten Hag.

Ralf is a football man, though and through. He won't bow to the likes of Woodward and his cronies. They'll either accept his footballing decisions or he'll leave.

IMO, medium-term, this is the guy (along with the new manager in the Summer) who can get us going head to head with MCFC, CFC and LFC. He won't accept failure.

His focus is fast passing, attacking football. He dislikes side/back passes. When we have the ball, he insists on fast forward passing. He believes that the GK is the weakest player on the ball, so he doesn't like the GK to see much of the ball.

You want fast tempo, hard pressing, relentless attacking football?
Ralf is your man.
Good analysis. Hope he has a say in picking the next manager. I think he can implement some ideas fairly quickly, these players are dying to be coached. A bit like a dog who hasn’t had a walk in 2 months.

OverratedOpinion

Could potentially be looked at as the man who brought United into the modern era of football if he is given enough trust. Looking at some of his previous quotes I would be shocked if he didn't have very honest communication regarding the level of control he requires to be effective in the football executive role.

I am excited to have him as a coach but even more excited for the 2 years that will follow.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

You really dislike him dont you?

Brophs

The One and Only
I'm a cynical old cnut, but "consultant" sounds very much to me like a guy who'll ultimately be paid to have his opinions ignored, before being paid off to leave.

humdinger

Didn't really know much about him before reading some of the articles and watching the videos others have posted, but I'm now really sold on this. His philosophy seems very aligned with the club and it seems like they have done a lot of due diligence and come up with a pretty sensible outcome.

Genuinely excited by this, it'll be bumpy as such a shift in playing style but can't wait to see it in action

RUCK4444

He'll have a plan on how to get the best from this squad in the next 6 months and how to develop it in January.

It's great he's staying on as we have that stability now. We can make signings knowing that they are part of the long term vision
This. This is what I like most about this, if he’s here to provide continuity going forward we can act in these next transfer windows with that direction/game-plan in mind which is huge.

If this works well we will have a head start on the tactics with the squad and also in recruitment ready for the next manager to take over. Which would be the single best piece of club management from the board since forever.

Monger

I find it hard to believe that Ralph appointment is Murtagh and Fletchers decision as at the end of the season he is clearly after their jobs.

I really hope this doesn't end up like LVG appointment and throwing the baby out with the bath water and forcing a philosophy he doesn't have the players to play.

Certainly more exciting than Valverde though

Godfather

I'm a cynical old cnut, but "consultant" sounds very much to me like a guy who'll ultimately be paid to have his opinions ignored, before being paid off to leave.
Let's hope our board isn't stupid enough to ignore him

bakalopp

I am 100% sure that he will bring one CM in January, at least. I am excited about that

Marwood

I think these players should want to be the best they can be and probably are willing learners, but the problem is Ole didn't teach much and wanted them to go and "do their magic". Martial and Rashford had no issues under a task master like LVG so I don't think they inherently are lazy despite their recent behaviours and Martial's body language.

I really hope he comes in and cracks the whip and we see our best players show their potential.
Not sure that's entirely fair on Ole. He got the team counter attacking to a very high level. It was capable of causing any team problems. He did teach them that.

The problem came when he tried to move on from that and discovered he hadn't bought the players who could go beyond counter attacking.

I'm hoping there aren't huge expectations of Rangnick to totally change our style. The players are what they are.

He'll improve the current first XI to some extent but for a real, permanent change he'll need new playing talent.

el3mel

Didn't you want us to stick with Ole?

Zlatanator

Gegenpressing is being widely used by the rest, I hope he brings Giganticpressing :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.