Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

led_scholes

I m usually in favor of playing kids. But not today. What would be the point for them to play in an embarrassing defeat.

Foxbatt

Ole is not good enough to manage Manchester United. Based on all the evidence we have he is better than Ragnick. Ole probably would have gotten a run out of this squad where we looked decent as he tended to.

If Ragnick played an important role in getting ETH and he ends up being good then it was worth it. If we could have gotten him anyway then we may as well have kept Ole for the rest of the year.
He was sacked because he could not get a run out if this squad. Otherwise he would still have been here. At least Ralf has shown everyone how gutless these feckers are and if ETH comes he knows that he needs to sell most of them.

reddevil702

tactically we're no different under Ralf than Ole. Difference is the players seemed to care under Ole, they've checked out under Ralf.

el3mel

Rashford aside from this season was always quite reliable for Ole. Like I said, it was just a terrible season and once Ole lost the only good part of himself at United it was a losing battle. RR, I don’t know what to think. If he’s trying a Mourinho tactic of this is the shit i have to use to the United board he’s doing great but otherwise I think he’s been exceptionally poor.
There's no doubt Ralf has been a huge and complete failure. He has done a godawful job as an interim.

Just don't really think Ole had a good man management of the players under his disposal. He kept the morale up by being friendly to such players, sure, but his man management and handling players was just another sort of favoritism of players over others inflating his favorites egos way too much and it was going to backfire at one point.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The players are inept and not capable to follow his instructions and implement it on the pitch.

Simple as.
The manager is inept and incapable of coaching the players to follow a plan, in fact he doesnt even have a plan. The managers main job is to lead players in a direction and to get them to buy in to that plan. If they arent playing well its because his instructions to the players are hopeless and his coaching sessions are useless. This guy is a fecking clown, nearly as bad as Ole.

OverratedOpinion

He was sacked because he could not get a run out if this squad. Otherwise he would still have been here. At least Ralf has shown everyone how gutless these feckers are and if ETH comes he knows that he needs to sell most of them.
Ralf has shown that by not being as good at working with the same tools.

Ole got plenty of runs out of them. I am not saying Ole should be our manager, I am just saying that the aim of replacing someone not good enough is generally to get someone better not worse.

SeanyC

Will it be Ten Hag or Ten Nil? All seriousness Ralf feel sorry for him, a Sunday league team would put up a better fight than this lot

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Let’s follow that line of logic…. At what point is the manager responsible for results? Let’s say we literally bring in Mr Bean to manage the team and the results slide further… to relegation… can we at least partially blame the manager at that point?

if we had Sir Alex Ferguson at his absolute fecking apex, could he get top 4 with this squad and win a trophy? I believe he could.

The players aren’t good enough, but Ralf isn’t either, and that’s a fact.
I get what your saying but how many times can we keep sacking managers because the players are useless and won’t play for them? LVG, mourinho and Solskjær all got the same… I understand Solskjær being sacked because he wasn’t good enough but the players can’t just decide when to turn up and when not to. There getting paid a lot of money and in 90% of our games these season there’s be no effort from them at all. Im 100% sure the manager isn’t telling them to show no effort every game? That’s down to the players. There so lazy… that’s why ralf can’t play his usual style of play with these bunch of crap.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone still defending RR well all I can say is credit to you for showing support because Jesus Christ if there's one manager post Fergie who's done nothing to deserve that support it's this fella

DSG

Agree. As he eloquently put in his most recent interview: United have recruited poorly for years, we've suffered from not identifying prospects for the way we want to play. The club hasn't even known how they want to play.
Of course, if he comes here and fails (he has) he has to say that doesn’t he? His entire business and consulting company rests on this fact. He’ more motivated than a manager, even, to blame the players. If he doesn’t, then this failure is his failure, and suddenly, he doesn’t have any clients.

It’s pretty obvious stuff if you look at it logically.

I get what your saying but how many times can we keep sacking managers because the players are useless and won’t play for them? LVG, mourinho and Solskjær all got the same
This "how many times" line doesn't hold up to scrutiny at all, either.

We have not sacked managers at a particularly high rate since Fergie left - can't be arsed to dig up the specific numbers again but teams like Barca, Chelsea and Bayern have had as many or nearly as many changes as we have since 2013, all while actually winning stuff.

The far likelier explanation, which has been backed up by all our ex-managers' careers after leaving the club, is that none of them were good enough.

This year will be an interesting litmus test because we're finally bringing in a manager another top club would actually look at - if we're still doing terribly under Ten Hag, I'll have enough faith in the manager's ability to back him over our players. None of his predecessors have done anything to earn that leeway, especially not Rangnick.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The manager is inept and incapable of coaching the players to follow a plan, in fact he doesnt even have a plan. The managers main job is to lead players in a direction and to get them to buy in to that plan. If they arent playing well its because his instructions to the players are hopeless and his coaching sessions are useless. This guy is a fecking clown, nearly as bad as Ole.
I beg to differ.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Anyone still defending RR well all I can say is credit to you for showing support because Jesus Christ if there's one manager post Fergie who's done nothing to deserve that support it's this fella
Don't know if anyone could of put it any better.
Never understood the hype about RR when he joined, his CV is mediocre at best.
Our fans criticized Ole for his mediocrity, nothing wrong with that, but give RR 10 years and I don't think he can finish 2nd, not once.

DSG

I get what your saying but how many times can we keep sacking managers because the players are useless and won’t play for them? LVG, mourinho and Solskjær all got the same… I understand Solskjær being sacked because he wasn’t good enough but the players can’t just decide when to turn up and when not to. There getting paid a lot of money and in 90% of our games these season there’s be no effort from them at all. Im 100% sure the manager isn’t telling them to show no effort every game? That’s down to the players. There so lazy… that’s why ralf can’t play his usual style of play with these bunch of crap.
This is a philosophical question. I would argue that great managers elevate player performances. SAF, Tuchel, Klopp, Zidane, Ancelotti… etc. secondly, these players perform decently well for their national teams.

It’s okay to blame both Ralf and the players because they are so bad right now, it has to be multiple factors.

lsd

The Oracle
It's a bit like when we signed Maguire. The first ten pages are full of posters saying fantastic news this is all we ever wanted then reality slowly sinks in till we get to "why won't he just go away" ?

AndySmith1990

It's a bit like when we signed Maguire. The first ten pages are full of posters saying fantastic news this is all we ever wanted then reality slowly sinks in till we get to "why won't he just go away" ?
If only we signed Maguire on a 6 month contract

flappyjay

All those managers haven't managed the same group of players. I think each brought in atleast 8 players.

cyberman

Should have had a go. Playing like this guaranteed a loss, it made no sense. It’s like a boxer with a bad left hook deciding to throw nothing but left hooks all fight .

Jacob

Of course, if he comes here and fails (he has) he has to say that doesn’t he? His entire business and consulting company rests on this fact. He’ more motivated than a manager, even, to blame the players. If he doesn’t, then this failure is his failure, and suddenly, he doesn’t have any clients.

It’s pretty obvious stuff if you look at it logically.
Or, its the truth?

Moyes - shit
Van Gaal - shit
Mourinho - shit
Ole - shit
Rangnick - shit

See any pattern yet?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Beg to differ all you want the ugly truth is he has made absolutely zero improvements to how we play, to players form, to providing a clear platform. Absolutely nothing.
Turd cannot be polished.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
More how we pressed in those 30 minutes, it was exciting stuff. Whether they were shit or not, we put the effort in and we have hardly seen it since.
When is the "we played exciting stuff for 30 minutes vs Palace" trophy parade?

The United

Yup. that's the weirdest part of it with him.

Though it is not totally a surprise because the fans were/are fully out to get players at this point so the focus on whoever managing probably gets some leeway.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This is a philosophical question. I would argue that great managers elevate player performances. SAF, Tuchel, Klopp, Zidane, Ancelotti… etc. secondly, these players perform decently well for their national teams.

It’s okay to blame both Ralf and the players because they are so bad right now, it has to be multiple factors.
Fair point.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Spot on.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Absolutely clueless to bring on Hannibal in such a situation. Kid at fault for the fourth goal. Really terrible for his confidence.

el3mel

5-0 and 4-0, with 5 minutes left for them to add the 5th if they want.

I swear I have never seen us being humiliated like this both home and away by Liverpool in one season.

This season is really the worst of it all.

It makes Moyes season looks good. At least back then we lost 1-0 and 3-0 only.

Man I'm starting to miss Moyes.

acnumber9

Said that Saturday wasn’t the time to throw young players in. Sends Mejbri on while losing 3-0 to Liverpool.

BlueHaze

Had 100 opportunities to give Hannibal a debut and he gives it when 3-0 down to scouse cnuts. Managerial IQ from this guy is on par with Ole.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Thank feck we didn’t make this idiot permanent manager. Absolutely clueless! Hope he fecks off back to Russia and takes 90% of this squad with him.

AndySmith1990

Thank feck we didn’t make this idiot permanent manager. Absolutely clueless! Hope he fecks off back to Russia and takes 90% of this squad with him.
Why would he take any of this squad with him? He obviously wouldn't sign a single one of them had he actually built this team

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he’s got to ring the changes next match. hannibal should have shown him that there are some players at the club that care and deserve the minutes. feck everyone who started that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.