Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

I honestly cannot believe how bad it's been.

Even the most cynical negative Utd fans couldn't have imagined this season. I've never been so happy for a season to end.
I actually had relatively high hopes for the season :lol:

I didn't rate Ole, but I felt with the players we signed, we would actually do well. Even when Ole finally got sacked, I didn't envisage things being so utterly shite under Ralf. I honestly lost interest in this season months ago. I've never missed as many United games in my life, as I have this season. I'm not even annoyed tbh, it's just total apathy.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Really interesting stuff in that Athletic article about Rangnicks heavy reliance on Kornetka.

Not sure what Laurie Whitwell would have to gain from making it up either.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Really interesting stuff in that Athletic article about Rangnicks heavy reliance on Kornetka.

Of course he hasn’t made it up. He’s saying shit people don’t like though so they’ll continue to live in cuckoo land about how Ragnick is singlehandedly saving the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Darren Fletcher to be reported learning on the job as Technical Director of Manchester United. Only we'd hire personnel to 'learn' on the job. The state of the club ffs
The role he has is quote nuanced. Also Cech is new to his role at Chelsea. As is Edu at Arsenal. There's Abidal at Barcelona and VDS at Ajax. Oh, and Nedved at Juventus too.

Art

Art the artist
The role he has is quote nuanced. Also Cech is new to his role at Chelsea. As is Edu at Arsenal. There's Abidal at Barcelona and VDS at Ajax. Oh, and Nedved at Juventus too.
Almost every club you've mentioned bar Arsenal have their shit together in how their club is run. Don't see VDS or Nedved on the touchlines screaming instructions do we ?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Almost every club you've mentioned bar Arsenal have their shit together in how their club is run. Don't see VDS or Nedved on the touchlines screaming instructions do we ?
Fletcher is only doing that for interim capacity. He wouldn't do it if Carrick and Mckenna didnt leave and he wont do it for Ten Hag. Its not part of his job description.

Hes actually very qualified for the technical director role, as much as anyone I have named in the list. But what makes me taken back is your insinuation that we are the only club giving such roles to ex players?

Classical Mechanic

If he’s made up all the shit in that article then he’s got a fecking fertile imagination and should probably look at a career in literature.

UpWithRivers

Nope. You don't get to put this on the Germans. Klopp and Tuchel are obviously going to be complimentary when asked, but that's about it.
But what really should have given you pause is that of all posters here, the German ones were clearly the most reserved, cautionary, or puzzled about this Rangnick saga. Not just me, also @do.ob , and even @stefan92 who as a Hannover fan understandably is fond of Rangnick wasn't among the most enthusiastic. We all knew Rangnick wasn't really all that, at that level, and usually German posters defend and promote all things German.

It's you who generated the hype all by yourselves. Because you wanted it so much. You were lapping it all up. You didn't want to hear anything else.
You're talking about two separate things. 1) Is he the father of gegenpressing or not 2) Is he any good as a manager.
We started with 1 and you called him a fraud and it all started with a poster saying he doesn't even know how to get a team to press. My point is - how is that possible if he is the father of gegenpressing? And if he is useless then yes I blame the Germans because why did you say this if it isn't true?

On point 2 - Is he any good as a manager? That's a different debate. But since you are the German experts I ask - how sht is he when you say he is no good. I don't think anyone thought he would be the next Klopp. But we expected , again 'The father of gegenpressing' to at least be able to but together a functioning team that can press. To me its the fault if the players but let me know if its otherwise and he's just a fkn clueless with a fancy gegenpressing label that the Germans all know means sht

Al-T

Hopefully he has done some solid work behind the scenes and that will be his legacy. As a coach, (presumably tasked to get United top four) he's been a total disaster.

Since taking over, he's somehow contrived to make this poorly coached/motivated/ underperforming group of players even worse. Six months of pure gash.

Josh 76

Hopefully one day in the future when Utd have won the PL or CL, Ten Haag will say, “I just want to say a big thank you to Ralf for all the work he put in behind the scenes in his role as interim manager. Without him, we would never have won this title.”

The United

More and more shit will come out.

It will be easier to do it now since the season has ended and it was just a disaster. Can't blame him entirely though. Whoever thought of hiring him and putting him in this circumstance will learn from it hopefully.

Someone

Something
I like him but he failed completely. The task of challenging for top 4 was achievable, but I don't think he really managed to win over the players or make a big impact. We can blame it on the players but at the end of the day we hired him to do something and it didn't happen.

DavelinaJolie

Reading the article it appears a good deal of it was given out by people close to Rangnick.

Ultimately it reads like he mirrored the indecisiveness of the club, and wilted a bit dealing with the players.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m not sure but he might be our worst ever manager

L1nk

I’ll be honest it doesn’t sound good for next season if a bug chunk of these players stay

Laurencio

I’ll be honest it doesn’t sound good for next season if a bug chunk of these players stay
Could just as easily be damage control by Rangnick. He had plenty of opportunities to bring in younger players to make up for a lack of physicality - he chose not to do that.

He must have thought that the quality of the players involved would be enough to secure results despite their lack of pressing ability or w/e, but clearly he could hardly have done worse if he put faith in younger lads and had some of them recalled from loan.

AndySmith1990

Could just as easily be damage control by Rangnick. He had plenty of opportunities to bring in younger players to make up for a lack of physicality - he chose not to do that.

He must have thought that the quality of the players involved would be enough to secure results despite their lack of pressing ability or w/e, but clearly he could hardly have done worse if he put faith in younger lads and had some of them recalled from loan.
How would bringing in younger players improve anything? Our academy isn't filled with world class talents who can instantly cut it against senior pros in the league, despite what some would like to believe

captaincantona

How would bringing in younger players solve a physicality issue? (Shoretire, Fernandez, Amad, Savage all very noticeably lightweight... even Hannibal looked slight today. If he just played the kids he would be slaughtered for that too.

united for life

He took over an underperforming team and made it even worse. I’m not a fan of him with his constant blame game. He is part of this underperforming set up. The team’s performances under him are the worst I have ever seen in my 26 years supporting the club. Zero energy, zero passion, clueless tactics, players lost. The players are to blame, but he’s equally failed

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It’s an absolutely incredible article. So much stuff in it. Nobody comes out of it looking good. And the Ronaldo stuff is a fecking huge worry if he’s still here next year.
It is. He thinks he's undroppable which will cause problems from the start for Ten Hag.

Dan_F

Yeah he was so blindsided by Carrick leaving he allowed McKenna to leave shortly after.

This shit is only being spun now because everything went spectacularly tits up.
The club tried to convince both to stay. This was also reported at the time by The Athletic, and to be fair to Mitten, he said right from the week they left it was an issue.

I don’t know how anyone could read that article and produce that opinion.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
If you dont get Buy In then you will fail. One of the most important tasks any new manager has is to get Buy In to what you are doing. if you fail at that you are already failing your job. You are a manager, you have coaching staff to do the coaching of your ideas, your job is the managing part and Buy In is one of your most important management jobs.
The guy Failed massively.

Canucantona20

Ragnick has not done a good job results wise. Bit I appreciate the brutal honesty from him, which is needed during this time. Hopefully the club will realize the mistakes of the past and allow ETH to flourish

Tiber

" Not only was he new to the Premier League, remarking early on how teams at the bottom were even hard to beat, but so too were Armas, Sharp and Lense. At the 1-0 win at Carrow Road, Armas expressed surprise at the speed of the contest"

"Rangnick sought and received advice from Sir Alex Ferguson. Armas met Ferguson in his lounge after the Young Boys game and explained his history as a player at Chicago Fire and managerial stints at New York Red Bulls and FC Toronto. A glint in his eye, Ferguson smiled and said words to the effect of: “You’ll need more than that here, son."

Ralf and his whole crew are much better suited to the Russian league.

Status
Not open for further replies.