Ralf Rangnick's consultancy role has been scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Rangnick is genuinely the worst appointment this club has ever made, he’ll definitely go down as the most pointless at the very least. Yes he highlighted the many issues surrounding the club but at the cost of our season which was more than salvageable when he took over.
Definitely should have gotten an actual manager to be interim. If we wanted to fix things behind the scenes we should have hired a full time consultant and made everything transparent to him. Instead we pressed self destruct and our fans lept it up because of our dislikeable players.

Shark

@NotShark
Another total disaster of a decision to add to the neverending list since SAF's retirement.

Elcabron

He was never employed to consult for Ten Hag so I don't get the Ten Hag references.
I hope Murtough knows what he's doing because to me it looks like a club not willing do what is necessary.
Agree, Murtogh is making all the big decisions, his decision to bring in Ralph was a poor one.

IrishRedDevil

Bizzarre.

Hopefully ten Hag has requested another consultant, meaning Ralf had to leave.

Otherwise, what was the point?

Laurencio

We probably landed Paul Mitchell for the recruitment role, at which point Rangnick would just be in the way.

OmarUnited4ever

Hopefully things workout for ETH, hopefully the correct decisions are made with regards to recruitment and long term planning.

I must admit, RR appointment as Interim was not a good choice, he struggled and didn't know what to do at all, the story of him getting advice from someone in Moscow is telling!!!!

A season to truly truly truly forget and erase from our memories

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we're going to continue being Blank Slate FC, I don't think ETH will last very long
Unfortunately you might right, we'll bouncing from manager to manager in the hopes of getting the next Fergie.

Let's hope it's one step back and two steps forward

Ralph1386

ETH clearly decided he doesn’t want to work with him and that’s fair.
We don’t know that. Maybe it’s the club that told ETH that they didn’t want to keep Ragnick. And ETH just went with it as I doubt he’d want to rock the boat so soon into his tenure.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We probably landed Paul Mitchell for the recruitment role, at which point Rangnick would just be in the way.
I might be mistaken but I thought I read the Mitchell thing fell through? Didn’t he sign or get elected on the Board somewhere else? Might be mistaken amidst all the chaos and rumors though.

RORY65

Mitchell's already been confirmed as part of Monaco's board going into next season, Rangnick leaving isn't due to someone else coming in (although there apparently may be a new deputy football director) but because it was a completely botched arrangement in the first place.

caid

Just dumb. We desperately need guys like Rangnick in the background. Ah well, back to Richard fecking Arnold or whatever accounting / marketing staff are around making decisions. I'm sure that will end well.

Castia

How? his consultancy role was a non-job basically, he was clearly going to have no say in anything major except give his input. Before we all overreact at least give Murtough and Ten Hag the summer.
Oh I’m being patient, the summer has barely started but we’ve needed a midfielder for 2 years now and our grand plan is to put a bid in for a player who doesn’t want to leave (De Jong)….I’m just getting Fellaini vibes.

Chase a player all summer we know isn’t leaving then end up paying 65m Ruben Neves because we’re desperate.

The whole point of Ragnick was his consultancy role for me, the squad needs rebuilding and that’s what he does best. I mean he literally hasn’t managed in years why the feck did we appoint him?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
This is interesting. Him being on the pay role stopped him from talking mad shit about what has happened this season. Nothing stopping him now.
I'm sure everyone who has anything to do with United has to sign a confidentially contract saying they can't disclose what goes on behind closed doors. Very little has come to light since SAF retired except for a few comments made by LVG when we all know encyclopedias could of been written by past players/managers alike.

mu4c_20le

We don’t know that. Maybe it’s the club that told ETH that they didn’t want to keep Rangnick. And ETH just went with it as I doubt he’d want to rock the boat so soon into his tenure.
Every time he's asked about Rangnick he seems dismissive, so the latter seems unlikely.

Counterfactual

Can we not laugh at Liverpool for five fecking minutes without a reminder of our own issues?

What was it... "decisive and relentless decision making"? Fine, but they need to be the right decisions!

mu4c_20le

Just dumb. We desperately need guys like Rangnick in the background. Ah well, back to Richard fecking Arnold or whatever accounting / marketing staff are around making decisions. I'm sure that will end well.
Rangnick was never going to be making any decisions in any capacity :lol:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
So that 5 months of shite football, shite results, our worst ever points return, all leading towards him advising the board on football matters, was for feck all?

Chairman Steve

I imagine that they’re close to hiring for that deputy football director spot soon, so that person and Murtough would be running the show. I don’t get the impression Ralf would have been that involved in first team affairs and he would have been more about improving the football board (for lack of a better phrase) like helping find people to replace our dinosaur head scouts and introducing an element of autonomy within the club for the future scenario that an entire season doesn’t go out the window because whoever the first team head coach is at the time sucks and needs to be replaced.

Best case scenario is they’re further along than they expected to be and have the ideal candidates lined up for positions in the club and therefore Ralf wasn’t really needed anymore.

Hopefully ETH can get the on-pitch stuff done and Murtough does it for the off the pitch stuff. We desperately need to revamp our recruitment side of things if they didn’t have a dossier on Nkunku of all players supposedly. Please identify players that ended up at Red Bull Leipzig or Salzburg when Ralf ran their show and then went on to become stars for the elite clubs.

El Jefe

Haha I knew it. fecking fraud so happy we let him go.

It was obvious he was a cnut of a man who not only failed but rubbed everyone the wrong way.

Get fecked and enjoy exposing the Austrian NT.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I actually can’t believe I fell for it all

Thought Ralf coming in was all part of the master plan for ETH to eventually work alongside each other. Ralf will get his ideas across this season and they will be primed for the new manger to take over seamlessly.

Turns out neither ever even met and it was just bundled together as always

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Good riddance. Best news since Madrid’s CL win.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
How? his consultancy role was a non-job basically, he was clearly going to have no say in anything major except give his input. Before we all overreact at least give Murtough and Ten Hag the summer.
Yes, but there was acknowledgement from the club that his appointment was based on him moving into an advisory role. Now that hasn't happened, this 5 months was an utter waste of time and horrendous decision making on full display yet again from the people at the top.

Fooza

our club = clown.gif

Wasted a season

Why doesn't the caf have clown emojis? Should have had one for years

flappyjay

It was a demand from Rangnick, not from United.

United eventually gave in because they wanted Rangnick as manager, not because they were desperate for a consultant.

The consultancy role was never a requirement on the job spec.
That's how I remember it too.

Bratt

We are a fecking joke of a club. Nothing have changed. Absolutly nothing. It still sick to the core. United have no clue how to plan anything other than a sircus show. Yes he has never been a top class manager, but its not what he is. He is a builder of clubs.

Im convinced this summer will be a joke like before. Chasing players who doesnt want to come or bringing in players who doesnt suit the way we want to play.

Just bend over United and get fecked yet again by every top club out there.
Strange post coming from someone who supports Liverpool.

Long Time Red

So we don't want him in capacity he's actually good at? Sometimes I wonder if the club really wants to improve.
What is it Rangnick was going to do exactly?

ETH says I want a defensive midfielder, recruitment staff identify best prospects, ETH decides which player fits best with the Fletcher's/Murtough's approval and then the club buys that player.

Where does Ralf fit into that process, is he some brilliant player evaluator?

If he was why hadn't a more prestigious club signed him up in that role already?

Reality is Rangnick offers nothing as a consultant and it was only attached as a way to get him to sign up as interim.

flappyjay

Ralf was hired to be manager and try and get top 4. That was his objective. There was talk of him staying on as a consultant but let’s be real… that was more likely used to justify the interim short term nature of his contract.

He failed dismally as manager and whilst he probably is more suited to a consulting role… the idea that this was why we hired him is nonsense. It’s pure deflection to excuse how bad he was doing as manager. Like yeah, he’s getting terrible results but what a great job he is doing exposing how shit we are. Laughable really. I can’t lose any sleep over this.
Exposing everything every man and his dog knew by the way.

Smithy89

Oh I’m being patient, the summer has barely started but we’ve needed a midfielder for 2 years now and our grand plan is to put a bid in for a player who doesn’t want to leave (De Jong)….I’m just getting Fellaini vibes.

Chase a player all summer we know isn’t leaving then end up paying 65m Ruben Neves because we’re desperate.

The whole point of Rangnick was his consultancy role for me, the squad needs rebuilding and that’s what he does best. I mean he literally hasn’t managed in years why the feck did we appoint him?
I totally get and have been on the side that the club is useless, and maybe people's frustrations are aimed more towards the overall running of the club rather than being upset Ralf is gone, so i do get that.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I dont blame the board on this one. I'm sort of relieved to see rangnick go because I think his role would have just been added read tape if he was no in synch with ETH.

Also, it seems like he wanted to have the Austria job and keep the consulting role which is not ideal

Rangnick was also disastrous as an interim. Fancy YouTube clips do not make you a good administrator.

Ralph1386

our club = clown.gif

Wasted a season

Why doesn't the caf have clown emojis? Should have had one for years
This was always their intention. They wanted to throw the season away as soon as things unravelled with Ole, even though the season was very salvagable back in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.