Rangnick - "Apart from goalkeeping we need to improve all areas of our squad" | Muppets amass

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have a feeling that he’s felt it’s falling on deaf ears internally so he’s going public to heap pressure on.

Shark

@NotShark
Mostly because I can’t believe how a manager who has been a disaster is being treated like he’s doing something fantastic for Man United. I’m just raising the Mourinho comparison to show the difference in how Rangnick is being perceived.

Saying everyone around you is shit when you’re doing a terrible job isn’t something I believe should be lauded. Why say it now? What benefit do we get from this just before we go to Anfield?
Rangnick was never going to be our long term manager, that was established from the very beginning and he's not been able to make any signings of his own. To add to it he's taken over a complete mismatch of a squad with horrendous attitudes for the most part from being treated like royalty by the previous guy.

Greck

When Mourinho said things like this he was toxic. When Rangnick says it he’s loved for it.
Mourinho said it after spending 500m. Can you imagine how tone deaf this would be after all that?

acnumber9

You don’t think there is a serious problem with the structure of this club and team?

We have been calling for things to change for years and we still have people moaning when somebody is trying to address it.

These are incredibly positive and far more diplomatic than dragging individuals through the mud in public.
Yes, there is. I’m not complaining about him trying to address problems. What I’m complaining about is him throwing the players to the wolves to protect himself from the shit job he’s done. He doesn’t have to name individuals when he says the whole team needs replacing apart from the goalkeeper. fecking hell.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's gone all in- two footed- to the board
This tweet is interesting. I think someone like Nkunku fits what he’s talking about there. I don’t really see where he completely fits, but as a potential player he’s probably too quality for Rangnick to tell the club to overlook

Deery

Dreary
The way Rangnick is going on I think he’ll get the boot rather than a consultancy job, not that I disagree with him but I doubt the board will.

acnumber9

Rangnick was never going to be our long term manager, that was established from the very beginning and he's not been able to make any signings of his own. To add to it he's taken over a complete mismatch of a squad with horrendous attitudes for the most part from being treated like royalty by the previous guy.
He’s not going to be our long term manager because he’s nowhere near good enough to be. The squad is far from great. It’s also far from as bad as it’s looked since he took over.

Deery

Dreary
A manager criticising the squad, how novel.
It doesn’t bode well for a big game against Liverpool and potential 4th place push.

“Oi lads, by the way, you’re all shit”…

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yes, there is. I’m not complaining about him trying to address problems. What I’m complaining about is him throwing the players to the wolves to protect himself from the shit job he’s done. He doesn’t have to name individuals when he says the whole team needs replacing apart from the goalkeeper. fecking hell.
Thank you. End of.

Well done Ralf. Thank feck he’s aware of what needs to be done.

Zen86

It doesn’t bode well for a big game against Liverpool and potential 4th place push.

“Oi lads, by the way, you’re all shit”…
I've been informed that Ralf's actually doing us a favour by showing the world how shit we are.

acnumber9

Mourinho said it after spending 500m. Can you imagine how tone deaf this would be after all that?
He didn’t spend £500m. It’s irrelevant though. Either publicly saying the players are shite is a problem or it isn’t.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’d imagine he means a player of a certain level here where you just need to go for them irregardless of style. I imagine Rice would be one, as he’d fit in any system and he may be a generational CDM talent. I’d have thought Haaland would fall in this category but he’s clearly City bound.

I wonder who Ralf would be referring to here. Guess we’ll have to wait till the window opens :wenger:

izec

I've been informed that Ralf's actually doing us a favour by showing the world how shit we are.
The world sees that on a weekly basis. Nobody watches a game of United and thinks we are a good side.

This is him most likely putting pressure on the board to change things, which should be to no surprise to any United fan. Our board is stuck in 2002 and change resistant.

Lemoor

He’s said they’re all shit. You don’t need to name drop for it to be negative. How about his role in how shit we’ve been since he took over? Considerably more shit than we were under Carrick.
Saying that we need to improve in all areas other than goalkeeping doesn't mean that every player outside of goalkeepers is shit.

Trex

Which players did he sign that he made personal attacks on and what did he say? Why does he need to do it in public before we play Liverpool? The mental gymnastics on show here is quite impressive. Rangnick really has done a number on people.
Pogba the virus? Rangnick is saying what most people agree on, do you think we have any chance of winning today regardless?

Deery

Dreary
It’s very strange management, just after a moral boosting 3-2 win he decides to put the boot in before a really hard game against Liverpool.

I’ve mentioned before some of his managerial decisions have been questionable, but was told I’m wrong Ralf is a genius, I’m not so sure.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I mean, we're losing 2 midfielders and 2 forward for free, plus we have one other forward not playing due to being a scumbag. Plus our defenders are shit. We need a massive overhaul.

acnumber9

Pogba the virus? Rangnick is saying what most people agree on, do you think we have any chance of winning today regardless?
Did Mourinho actually publicly call Pogba a virus? I thought if our fans agreed then he should be praised for saying it?

I don’t think we have a chance regardless. A big part of that is the shit manager we have in charge. That aside, I think it’s better if our manager doesn’t make that considerably less likely by bashing the entire squad first.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Woolworths hypothesis confirmed. Ageing formerly successful company starts to coast and fail due to lack of ambition and accountability. Sets in like a rot and spreads throughout the entire club. Either they listen or we’re fecked.

izec

Our season is realistically done because Rangnick couldn’t muster the same response from the players that Carrick did.
For 3 games. Ole did it for half a season even. And we gave him the perm job. That turned out well.

Carrick with a couple of years as assistant under failing managers and the buddy of the players sure would have gotten us the desired success. Jesus Christ.

You would be slating Carrick currently if he was the manager.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
He loves talking, we all know that. That was obvious for anyone who didn’t already know him prior to joining United from his first few press conferences and the interviews where he told everyone for how long and at what time his conversation with Martial took place.
I just hope he is better this time at implementing it. On the pitch he couldn’t implement anything he previously talked about.

crossy1686

career ending
The way Rangnick is going on I think he’ll get the boot rather than a consultancy job, not that I disagree with him but I doubt the board will.
With the general consensus agreeing with Ralf I think it would be a very bad PR move to sack him for saying something everyone else is thinking

Shark

@NotShark
He’s not going to be our long term manager because he’s nowhere near good enough to be. The squad is far from great. It’s also far from as bad as it’s looked since he took over.
The squad has some individually good/great players(in Ronaldo's case). However building a squad that can actually play football together with a clear and enforced brand of football in mind is a different story and takes a truck load of skill and talent. SAF built multiple title winning teams in his time here, Klopp could do it time and time again at Liverpool no doubt. This is why it was a terrible idea to persist with Ole for three years.

acnumber9

For 3 games. Ole did it for half a season even. And we gave him the perm job. That turned out well.

Carrick with a couple of years as assistant under failing managers and the buddy of the players sure would have gotten us the desired success. Jesus Christ.
I’m not advocating Carrick for the job full time. I’m saying it’s possible to get better results than Rangnick has. Rangnick is a bluffer and he’s pulled the wool over peoples eyes because they aren’t prepared to admit that maybe they were wrong.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It doesn’t really matter that he had nothing to do with signing them. Mourinho got shit for complaining about Martial, who he didn’t sign, didn’t want, and wasn’t allowed to sell. I just think the free pass Rangnick gets is a joke.
You've totally missed the point here. Why bring Martial up when you can bring up Lukaku, or Mkhi, or Pogba, as in, the players he did sign and then shat on, which was my whole point. He also didn't inherit a squad mid season that had totally capitulated.

You defense of Jose is fecking weird. The man was toxic and criticised individuals in order to absolve himself from any blame at all. Clearly Ralf isn't doing the same thing here and is pointing out our shortcomings and what needs to be addressed.

acnumber9

The squad has some individually good/great players(in Ronaldo's case). However building a squad that can actually play football together with a clear and enforced brand of football in mind is a different story and takes a truck load of skill and talent. SAF built multiple title winning teams in his time here, Klopp could do it time and time again at Liverpool no doubt. This is why it was a terrible idea to persist with Ole for three years.
I don’t expect miracles from him. I did expect some kind of competence. He’s failed even at that.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I mean, there are lot more pressing issues. With a decent back four and midfield, whatever perceived deficiencies in DDG’s game will be even less noticeable
I disagree. It’s the opposite, with those deficiencies it doesn’t matter who you have a CB or midfield we will always be weak to ball in behind and set pieces/crosses too. Shot stopping alone isn’t enough.

RopersReturn

By definition, modern physicality as displayed by Liverpool and City, is to keep the ball, steal the ball, press the ball, move constantly. Also tackles have become something of the past, ie if you’re having to tackle the ball off an opponent then you’ve already done something wrong.

We have a goalkeeper who stays on his line, partnered with a slow, low central defence, creating a familiar stodge in deep areas. The central midfield is poor at forward passing, a disastrous blockage in a team where the attack (which stays upfield) is our only real strength. As for pressing high, well, we do have this one guy who’s very good at finishing.

Reactions: Cheimoon

crossy1686

career ending
I mean, we're losing 2 midfielders and 2 forward for free, plus we have one other forward not playing due to being a scumbag. Plus our defenders are shit. We need a massive overhaul.
Yep, whether you agree or not the following players won’t be here in the summer:

Pogba
Matic
Mata
Martial (maybe)
Cavani
Greenwood
VDB (maybe)
Henderson
Ronaldo (maybe)
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Jones

Three players this summer just won’t cut it unfortunately, not if we want to finish anywhere near the top 6.

Deery

Dreary
With the general consensus agreeing with Ralf I think it would be a very bad PR move to sack him for saying something everyone else is thinking
Maybe through fan logic, but from a business stand point it could be very damaging saying all your players are shit and need sold.

acnumber9

You've totally missed the point here. Why bring Martial up when you can bring up Lukaku, or Mkhi, or Pogba, as in, the players he did sign and then shat on, which was my whole point. He also didn't inherit a squad mid season that had totally capitulated.

You defense of Jose is fecking weird. The man was toxic and criticised individuals in order to absolve himself from any blame at all. Clearly Ralf isn't doing the same thing here and is pointing out our shortcomings and what needs to be addressed.
When did he shit on Lukaku? He fecking loved Lukaku.

I’m not defending Mourinho, he went too far and sulked, actively looking to get sacked. What I’m saying is why is Rangnick revered for it? I think you’re being kind to Rangnick. He’s covering his own arse when he talks about missing the players from the West Ham game.