Rangnick press conference | Middlesborough (H) | FA Cup

romufc

Exactly. Goldbridge is an extention of the Sun newspaper or the Daily star. He just gets the made up stories and bitches and moans about things that he knows fk all about and everyone eats it up. Its quite clever though. He knows how to pander to the armchair incel football community.
Exactly, all his followers lap it up and have a go at the board and the club. Its actually quite sad.

The board have been pretty bad in the past but look at Donny, Martial leaving, shows that they are not holding players for the sake of it.

It makes no sense loaning a player to lose him for free, there might be a time where we need him in the next 3/4 months.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This really doesn't look good for Lingard. On the one hand he talks about wanting to leave to get football before the world cup. On the other, yes you were denied your move, but there's more opportunity for you here now and he may well have started tomorrow. It paints him as a very fragile personality

Beans

Supports
Neutral
As I said, he’s as tactful as he’s honest. He’d shrug his shoulders and come up with something that sounded truly sincere but was actually rather non-committal ;)
True, he's so calm, I'm still mind blown from the arrests, he handled it brilliantly.

United in sin

It's baffling alright! As you say, 2 weeks off in the sun in Dubai, looks like he is having a good time. That should be plenty of time to sort his head and I would've expected him to be raring to go and get back into the team! I'm not surprised he didnt want to move to west ham, its all so cushy here isnt it.
Cushy it is. Jones is the poster boy for just how cushy it is here considering how he likes to turn down offers to start afresh somewhere else

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Look at his words: "we [...] as the board". So he includes himself here and it is likely that this means him, Fletcher, Murtough, Arnold or something like that. Definitely doesn't sound like he wasn't involved in the final decision.
He's probably using 'the board' the same way that people use 'senior management' at my work: basically whoever is above you in the hierarchy.

NewYorkRed

Classic Lingard, absoultely useless. He infuriates me more than any other pro athlete. His attitude stinks; entitled brat.

DavelinaJolie

Exactly, all his followers lap it up and have a go at the board and the club. Its actually quite sad.

The board have been pretty bad in the past but look at Donny, Martial leaving, shows that they are not holding players for the sake of it.

It makes no sense loaning a player to lose him for free, there might be a time where we need him in the next 3/4 months.
I watched that channel quite a bit as a news agregator and yes, he's a sh*t stirrer. Finally had enough and will probably just re-sub to the Athletic when there's a good offer on again. He spends transfer windows pumping up unsubstantiated rumours from his buddy and no name journalists, whilst Athletic Journalists (which he repeatedly calls mouthpieces for the club) repeatedly say it's unlikely the club will bring anyone in. No one gets brought in and he rages. He's a rage merchant and divisive.

romufc

I watched that channel quite a bit as a news agregator and yes, he's a sh*t stirrer. Finally had enough and will probably just re-sub to the Athletic when there's a good offer on again. He spends transfer windows pumping up unsubstantiated rumours from his buddy and no name journalists, whilst Athletic Journalists (which he repeatedly calls mouthpieces for the club) repeatedly say it's unlikely the club will bring anyone in. No one gets brought in and he rages. He's a rage merchant and divisive.
Exactly. I don't get why the need to rage over not signing Zakaria or Kamara. I would be really surprised if he or any United fan have watched regular games of these players, not just CL games.

Any player can look good in a 10 min youtube clip, If someone made a McTominay compilation, I bet everyone would want him as a signing.

Then fans come out with, if we don't get top 4 its because we didn't get a DM, false.

At the start of the season, we thought this squad can challenge for the title or try to, all of a sudden we can't challenge Spurs, Arsenal or West Ham?

The board get blamed for signing Donny for the sake of a transfer, but fans like him lose their shit when they don't bring a player for the sake of it. Its doom and gloom in either case for them.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Exactly. Goldbridge is an extention of the Sun newspaper or the Daily star. He just gets the made up stories and bitches and moans about things that he knows fk all about and everyone eats it up. Its quite clever though. He knows how to pander to the armchair incel football community.
And you know all this because you have a direct line to the United board?

And of course, we cannot have a 'knowledgeable' post like this without some general insults to make the poster who's clueless seem superior somehow.

Speako

Almost painfully honest. I hope his gf doesn't ask if he really loves her!
“Well like I said, you deliver what’s expected in the kitchen and the bedroom areas, and this brings clarity to my feelings on the matter. It is important now that these standards are maintained”

Reactions: Fortitude

Smores

Exactly. I don't get why the need to rage over not signing Zakaria or Kamara. I would be really surprised if he or any United fan have watched regular games of these players, not just CL games.

Any player can look good in a 10 min youtube clip, If someone made a McTominay compilation, I bet everyone would want him as a signing.

Then fans come out with, if we don't get top 4 its because we didn't get a DM, false.

At the start of the season, we thought this squad can challenge for the title or try to, all of a sudden we can't challenge Spurs, Arsenal or West Ham?

The board get blamed for signing Donny for the sake of a transfer, but fans like him lose their shit when they don't bring a player for the sake of it. Its doom and gloom in either case for them.
Who would want us to bring in someone for the sake of it? What does that even mean?

"Nah i think he's worse than our current lot but i really want us to spend money pointlessly"

romufc

Who would want us to bring in someone for the sake of it? What does that even mean?

"Nah i think he's worse than our current lot but i really want us to spend money pointlessly"
We don't know how good Zakaria is ? So bringing him in would be bringing a player because he is the name on twitter.

I have seen alot of people on twitter screaming for us to sing him before the window closed.

Smores

We don't know how good Zakaria is ? So bringing him in would be bringing a player because he is the name on twitter.

I have seen alot of people on twitter screaming for us to sing him before the window closed.
Unless you expect fans to scout players as extensively as a professional scout of the club would then this doesn't make any sense. They wanted to sign him because they believed he'd be better than the current options, it isn't 'for the sake of it'.

We don't know whether they're correct in that, we don't know if the club made an assessment or if they did whether that's correct either. The only way 'for the sake of it' makes any sense is if you we just assume the club have done everything 100% as they should with 100% accuracy in their decision making, only then would the suggestion of a signing when we didn't make one be for the sake of it.

As far as i'm concerned we had a vital need which we didn't fulfil, given the clubs record i'm fairly confident that we didn't take all the correct decisions.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Was Greenwood a factor in keeping Lingard?
This reads like the main reason Jesse stayed is cos Newcastle never paid. If it was about Mason he wouldn't preface his reply by saying: 'In a way.' Then go on to not being able to reach an agreement to part with Jesse.

UpWithRivers

And you know all this because you have a direct line to the United board?

And of course, we cannot have a 'knowledgeable' post like this without some general insults to make the poster who's clueless seem superior somehow.
You're saying I cant say he doesnt know anything because I dont know anything? :lol: Basically using my argument against Goldbridge against me? Hilarious! The difference being that Im not spouting all this hatred on a youtube channel with a million followers and pretending its fact. But sorry I insulted Goldbridge I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I like your insight.
Any worse than yours? Insinuating Jones stayed at the club because it’s a “cushy” number is immature at best.
he stayed at the club because he will get some playing time at United. Why should he uproot his family to somewhere where he’s not sure how much playing time he’d get?
He’s one player in the squad who’s got a great attitude, he will play again for United.’probably this weekend

UpWithRivers

This reads like the main reason Jesse stayed is cos Newcastle never paid. If it was about Mason he wouldn't preface his reply by saying: 'In a way.' Then go on to not being able to reach an agreement to part with Jesse.
This is how I saw it. I think Ralf is being clever. The board couldnt come to an agreement so he had to stay. Ralfs using the Greenwood thing to tell Lingard that he's needed. He's not really wanted but he's there now and he doesnt want to deal with a moody Lingard so might as well get him onboard.

United in sin

Any worse than yours? Insinuating Jones stayed at the club because it’s a “cushy” number is immature at best.
he stayed at the club because he will get some playing time at United. Why should he uproot his family to somewhere where he’s not sure how much playing time he’d get?
He’s one player in the squad who’s got a great attitude, he will play again for United.’probably this weekend
His United career is going nowhere and it's been this way for eons yet some supporters like yourself are deluding yourselves by hanging on to this notion that he might yet resurrect it. He's not even in the managers plans when fit.

We have fringe players begging to be loaned out for minutes at any decent club that will take them and then you have Jones of all people rejecting offers because he thinks he has a right to play for United or a right to demand guarantees for minutes elsewhere. Lingard and VDB have families too, but they have careers to think about. This is part and parcel of the game, moving on and doing what's best for your career. Jones is comfortable at United.

A loan would probably do both him and his family good, even if he didn't get minutes. But no, let's hold on to the hope that he finally gets over his career long fitness issues and finally fulfills his promise after 12 long years at the club

Matst1

wtf? :lol:

Mark Goldbridge is quite smart, its all about clicks, "smash a like" and subscriptions so he regurgitates news and mostly rumors and passes them off as his own. To the uneducated, casual fan he's probably quite informative, if you can get past his petulant moaning. He makes 3-4 videos a day with a breaking news kind of headline, but ends up ranting about the same thing an all of them. He is insufferable.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Also another thing to note is Jones won't get picked for England, so he's under no pressure to play for a WC chance. Probably much better for us to keep Jones with us considering we have Bailly, Lindelof and Maguire and at least two of them always seeming to be one pass away from absolute dumpster fire.

phelans shorts

His United career is going nowhere and it's been this way for eons yet some supporters like yourself are deluding yourselves by hanging on to this notion that he might yet resurrect it. He's not even in the managers plans when fit.

We have fringe players begging to be loaned out for minutes at any decent club that will take them and then you have Jones of all people rejecting offers because he thinks he has a right to play for United or a right to demand guarantees for minutes elsewhere. Lingard and VDB have families too, but they have careers to think about. This is part and parcel of the game, moving on and doing what's best for your career. Jones is comfortable at United.

A loan would probably do both him and his family good, even if he didn't get minutes. But no, let's hold on to the hope that he finally gets over his career long fitness issues and finally fulfills his promise after 12 long years at the club
What’s the point, for a man with a young family, to take a pay cut, move to another country, to sit on a bench there? If I were him I’d have stayed too, not because it’s “cushy” it’s because he’d have to be a moron to go the other way.

Also notable in your other examples is that VDB specifically chose the loan option where he doesn’t have to move house (and will probably still be sat on the bench) and by Ralfs own statement, Jesse up to Newcastle showing interest had shown no interest in leaving this window.

Literally nobody has any notion that Jones is going to be the player he looked as a teenager, they see him as a decent squad option (because we all know what he is capable of when he is fit) who himself knows that the club has shown him loyalty during the roughest of times, and as a result will always give his all, on top of filling a homegrown slot. What’s the downside to having him in the squad?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Hasn't Jones only rejected one loan move? A loan where it appeared he was likely only going to be a backup?

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Cushy it is. Jones is the poster boy for just how cushy it is here considering how he likes to turn down offers to start afresh somewhere else
Yeah, damn that contracted footballer who decided not to uproot his family to facking Bourdeaux for no reason, after living in Manchester for over a decade. It's definitely his fault he got injured and worked very hard to come back from those injuries too.

devips

Yeah, damn that contracted footballer who decided not to uproot his family to facking Bourdeaux for no reason, after living in Manchester for over a decade. It's definitely his fault he got injured and worked very hard to come back from those injuries too.
Absolutely right.

But this guy, I am sure, will appear in another thread spouting the same bs. Sometimes I feel ashamed to co-exist with such fans on this forum.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bordeaux is a nice city, I actually think that he missed on an opportunity from a human standpoint. Now I don't know how easy it would be for his family to join him even for 6 months but I would think that if possible they would enjoy it.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
yeh. He answered that Greenwood piece in short sentence. Then went on rumbling about how the Club couldn't get agreement with other clubs, and he just accepted it (for Lingard to stay).

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What he said about Lingard almost had me lost for words. Posting his Jlingz what's up photos in Dubai, has a chance to play against Boro, and asks for an extension to his holiday.

He is a complete joke.

golden_blunder

Staff

Don’t make assumptions about me. Did I say he could resurrect his long term United career? No I did not. I said that he would get minutes this season at United. And I see no reason why not if he’s fit. This summer is when I assume he will be let go,

golden_blunder

Staff
Also another thing to note is Jones won't get picked for England, so he's under no pressure to play for a WC chance. Probably much better for us to keep Jones with us considering we have Bailly, Lindelof and Maguire and at least two of them always seeming to be one pass away from absolute dumpster fire.
I think most of us have no issue with his ability, it’s the fitness aspect. Real shame. I could have seen him captain under different circumstances