Rangnick press conference | Middlesborough (H) | FA Cup

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He has a consultancy role for 2 years from this summer. Unless he makes a complete hash of things, why wouldn't they?
There are suggestions they’re not heeding his advice, like with Lingard staying. Apparently some reliable journalists have said he wanted a midfielder.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Ralf strikes again :lol:

So how did the club knew about his “personal issue “ unless he mentioned it? No wonder we have been performing like this when primadonnas like Lingard are in our team.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

Nah mate, don't come at us with the same excuse Martial used. They are coming saying to the manager that their head is not in the right place,get their time off, then see how the manager exposes them and start backtracking.

MalaysianRed7

I know who I believe, and it’s not Lingard. Let’s lay out the choice, and it applies for Martial too. The interim manager with no fear of player power because he’s going upstairs anyway, or the frauds on 100k and 250k a week who have openly expressed their wish to leave, including one who posts pictures of himself in another team’s shirt every week?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Getting a bit annoyed with these players coming out publicly and disrespecting the manager like this

Dante

Average bang
Nah mate, don't come at us with the same excuse Martial used. They are coming saying to the manager that their head is not in the right place,get their time off, then see how the manager exposes them and start backtracking.
Sancho was another one who missed a game due to 'personal reasons' (death in the family, I think).

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You're saying I cant say he doesnt know anything because I dont know anything? :lol: Basically using my argument against Goldbridge against me? Hilarious! The difference being that Im not spouting all this hatred on a youtube channel with a million followers and pretending its fact. But sorry I insulted Goldbridge I didnt mean to hurt your feelings.
Well, the guy has sources.

And what you deem 'hatred' is objective criticism that people who haven't got blinkers on can recognise. The guy has been more right about most things in the post-Fergie era.

But keep laughing and so are the Glazers.

Shimo

Getting a bit annoyed with these players coming out publicly and disrespecting the manager like this
If your boss misrepresented you in publicly in a negative way, would you not want the record to be set straight? Comments like that can follow a person around, affect their careers.

Personally wish club had bitten the bullet and taken whatever they were getting for Lingard and moved him for this exact reason, a distraction that is just not needed for the manager. Ragnik needs to just stop being trying to be so transparent in these other players cases, especially when there is a chance of misunderstanding/miscommunication -- even when answering the Sancho absence it brought up questions. Stick to the basic ones like injuries / illness and move on.

Literally no reason for Rangnick to lie...and he doesn't come across as a man who's imprecise with his words.

Some players have become accustomed to pulling this shit and having Solskjaer cover for them. Now that Rangnick just throws it all out in the public domain the backpedalling starts.

Red_toad

And what you deem 'hatred' is objective criticism that people who haven't got blinkers on can recognise. The guy has been more right about most things in the post-Fergie era.

Daily fail, sun and star aren’t really sources. Terrible channel and a whining moaning person who claims to be a fan as a presenter.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If your boss misrepresented you in publicly in a negative way, would you not want the record to be set straight? Comments like that can follow a person around, affect their careers.

Personally wish club had bitten the bullet and taken whatever they were getting for Lingard and moved him for this exact reason, a distraction that is just not needed for the manager. Ragnik needs to just stop being trying to be so transparent in these other players cases, especially when there is a chance of misunderstanding/miscommunication -- even when answering the Sancho absence it brought up questions. Stick to the basic ones like injuries / illness and move on.
What benefit does Ralf have from making it up?

These players have thrown a few managers under the bus, leaked endless list of things to press and go running to social any chance they get. All without any success on the pitch to show for. This club needs to learn to be ruthless, this behaviour would never fly under SAF, why should we accept it now?

prateik

Yeah. I dont see why Ralf would lie. No one cares about Lingard at the club. he is leaving.. the fans are fine with it. Ralf doesnt need to make excuses to not play him.

There is just no more shielding.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah. I dont see why Ralf would lie. No one cares about Lingard at the club. he is leaving.. the fans are fine with it. Ralf doesnt need to make excuses to not play him.

There is just no more shielding.
This. Same with Martial.

Or else there are people are going over Ralfs head telling players and Ralf something different and there’s some kind of communication breakdown

alexanderplatz

Love how Ralf just comes out with the facts and leaves these lads scrambling every time. I think it’s a good example for whoever comes in next and might show the squad that they can’t PR team their way out of acting up behind the scenes.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
2 players till now who have issue with Rangnick comments are Lingard and Martial. Says it all really.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Why would lingard go on twitter to say that? It’s undermining the manager surely?
Not really doing himself any favours.

Newstyle

It’s a twist of words. They are literally saying the same thing, Lingard is off due to “personal issues”.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Why would lingard go on twitter to say that? It’s undermining the manager surely?
Considering how much time him and his camp spend tweeting pictures of him in a West Ham shirt I doubt he cares. This is why you should let go of players who don't wanna be at the club.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Daily fail, sun and star aren’t really sources. Terrible channel and a whining moaning person who claims to be a fan as a presenter.
Nothing in this post is more than the opinion of someone parroting Howson's nonsense.

I am not here to defend him but some of the 'opinions' on his arguments are laughable. Proper pathetic.

the_cliff

So how would the club have known about his 'personal' reasons without Lingard mentioning them in the first place. It's like going to a friends house and saying I'm hungry but getting annoyed when I'm offered food.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's pretty easy to see why, really. It's the same as when Martial did it:
Because Rangnick's statements in his press conferences, however innocuous they are meant, trigger hateful tirades from foaming and unhinged Man United fans directed at the players. Just take a look at the posts in this very thread answering those comments.
These players notice when they're bombarded with abuse after a press conference, and they react to defend themselves.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It's pretty easy to see why, really. It's the same as when Martial did it:
Because Rangnick's statements in his press conferences, however innocuous they are meant, trigger hateful tirades from foaming and unhinged Man United fans directed at the players. Just take a look at the posts in this very thread answering those comments.
These players notice when they're bombarded with abuse after a press conference, and they react to defend themselves.
Unfortunately this is very true. And something RR will have never experienced on this scale.

D. Mungai

So how did the club knew about his “personal issue “ unless he mentioned it?
This.
Many United players have been pampered, not a coincidence that we have never been involved in a title race in 9 years, yet we pay one of the highest wages in the league

Greck

I appreciate the standards he's trying to bring back but Rangnick needs to reconsider his direct approach. Social media will mob these players, the fanbase is huge. I do understand if he's annoyed by players taking time but If they are being toxic don't send even more toxic idiots at them.

Dve

Instead, RR must learn that he cannot sit in pressers and just give away whatever is in his head, line-ups or tactics or what ever. It´s the second time now that a player comes out dismissing things he´s said, which suggest it would be better for everyone if he just shut his mouth.

Red00012

I appreciate the standards he's trying to bring back but Rangnick needs to reconsider his direct approach. Social media will mob these players, the fanbase is huge. I do understand if he's annoyed by players taking time but If they are being toxic don't send even more toxic idiots at them. Maybe things were different in Russia.
No one gives a feck about Martial and Lingard they’ve been stealing a living for 3 years and we are the clowns paying their astronomical wages.

Dve

No one gives a feck about Martial and Lingard they’ve been stealing a living for 3 years and we are the clowns paying their astronomical wages.
So when you have a 30 men squad, half of them are stealing a living? Because they have asked to be benched? I´ve never heard anything else than Lingard working his socks off for earning a place in the team.

Red00012

So when you have a 30 men squad, half of them are stealing a living? Because they have asked to be benched? I´ve never heard anything else than Lingard working his socks off for earning a place in the team.
No but Martial is a lazy sod who can’t be arsed putting in an effort and as for Lingard , putting a picture of himself up on social media in a different clubs jersey that would also help drive home the fact he wants to play for us?

choccy77

What he said about Lingard almost had me lost for words. Posting his Jlingz what's up photos in Dubai, has a chance to play against Boro, and asks for an extension to his holiday.

He is a complete joke.
Amen.

UpWithRivers

Again you say Im not allowed to do something but he is. Can I not objectively criticize him?

The guy has sources. Prove it. And prove those sources have any know how into the financial and business dealings of United. You think the board room minutes are copied and handed out to select people that Goldbridge just happens to know? Come off it. Im not the one who is blinkered here. For example Rio said that he has spoken to Ed Woodward a few times and from what he knows Ed isnt as involved in football matters as much as he is portrayed and in fact he only deals with the financial side. But of course Goldbridge knows someone who knows someone and knows that Ed was making all the decisions all along. :lol:
The guy has been more right about most things in the post-Fergie era. Define more right and define most things. More than the Sun newspaper? Quantify your statement and prove it

Believe it or not I dont actually hate Goldbridge even if he whines a lot and is annoying. As I said he's clever at what he does. But Im not so stupid to see what his angle is. He is playing to base of people that are angry and disappointed (we all are) and feeding that resentment. Thats his playbook. Problem is he has no facts to actually build that resentment on. Its just supposition.

But keep laughing and so are the Glazers. - This is proof of the delusion. Whats the Glaziers got to do with this discussion. Nothing. But somehow if you dont love Goldbridge then you are pro Glaziers and they are sitting in their Ivory tower somewhere laughing! Really?