Ranieri is the new Leicester Manager

m1y2

Bonkers appointment. He'll be gone by November.
Don't think he's suited for the job.
This won't end well.
Crazy appointment. I think they will go down now.
I really like Ranieri, but it's a complete misfit.
You have to ask yourself why.

What a waste of time for everyone involved, he won't last a year and probably gone within the first three months.
Will it be him or Tim Sherwood who is the first to be sacked?
How does he keep getting work?

It's baffling. Does he do good work behind the scenes or something?
some interesting quotes, not sure if it was meant for real @Sam but if it was it was a great call..
I also don't think this is the only thread where Ranieri got smashed before doing anything..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Yeah great call @Sam, really impressive!

Sam

Boooo to the mod who edited my post back :lol: Spoil sport!

But yeah, like most, thought he'd be a disaster. Surely he has to be manager of the year? Even if they do drop off eventually, he's done more then enough to win it I reckon.

Needham

Wouldn't life be odd and cruel if Leicester finish second and Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha sacks Ranieri and brings in Mourinho to win them the league.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
some interesting quotes, not sure if it was meant for real @Sam but if it was it was a great call..
I also don't think this is the only thread where Ranieri got smashed before doing anything..
You can only make a call on the information you have, that is Leicester didnt seem a particularly good team, especially in defence.

And Ranrieri has a fairly dismal record everywhere he has been since he was fired at Cheslea.

Dont forget, there were people last season saying Liverpool and Rodgers where a fantastic set of players and he was a world class manager, despite the evidence of the two previous seasons and look at how that ended up, it turns out that no, liverpool are still an average bunch of players, and Rodgers is still a bit of a twat after all.

Leicester are still an average bunch of players, and Ranieri is still an average manager, they are just having their perfect storm this season.

Gopher Brown

It wasn't a silly thing to say at the time. Hindsight makes everyone look like an arse.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Its great to see Ranieri getting some credit now with Leicester, as a couple of his previous managerial stints have been hugely underated.

His spell at Valencia laid the foundations for the success under Cuper and Benitez that followed. Under Ranieri they were a joy to watch with the likes of Claudio Lopez and Kily Gonzalez tearing teams a new one like Vardy and Mahrez are now with Leicester. They competed admirably with Madrid and Barca and the odd time even dished out a hammering to them.

With Chelsea they improved year after year even before the billions, and he bought the likes of Makelele, Robben, Lampard and Drogba that would become such big players for them. He got criticised for rotating his squad (tinkerman) before it became fashionable for everyone else to do so, and unltimately he wasnt a big enough name for Abramovich, despite only losing the league to the Arsenal invincibles, and making the CL semis.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Its great to see Ranieri getting some credit now with Leicester, as a couple of his previous managerial stints have been hugely underated.

His spell at Valencia laid the foundations for the success under Cuper and Benitez that followed. Under Ranieri they were a joy to watch with the likes of Claudio Lopez and Kily Gonzalez tearing teams a new one like Vardy and Mahrez are now with Leicester. They competed admirably with Madrid and Barca and the odd time even dished out a hammering to them.

With Chelsea they improved year after year even before the billions, and he bought the likes of Makelele, Robben, Lampard and Drogba that would become such big players for them. He got criticised for rotating his squad (tinkerman) before it became fashionable for everyone else to do so, and unltimately he wasnt a big enough name for Abramovich, despite only losing the league to the Arsenal invincibles, and making the CL semis.
Don't think he signed Drogba or Robben

But you can had Cech to the list

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Don't think he signed Drogba or Robben

But you can had Cech to the list
Heres an article on Robben. Ranieri is adamant it was he who recommended Drogba just before he sacked. I forgot Cech, good shout

Ranieri sold Blues to Robben
Arjen Robben has admitted that Claudio Ranieri played a key part in his decision to sign for Chelsea.
The flying winger seemed certain to sign for Manchester United after holding a positive meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson, but The Blues stepped in after The Red Devils stalled over the deal.

Robben still held a preference for Old Trafford, but opted to pledge his allegiance to Chelsea after speaking with Ranieri and Stamford Bridge chief executive Peter Kenyon.

"At the very beginning I had a preference for Manchester because at the time Chelsea were buying a lot of players," said Robben. "It seemed they were buying, buying, buying without any structure and all I knew was that they had a rich man who was buying players.

"Everyone in Holland was amazed at what was going on so we were uncertain. My meeting with Sir Alex Ferguson went very well and I was ready to sign, but PSV and United didn't come to an agreement so we had to talk to Chelsea.

"When Chelsea came in I was impressed by their vision for the club. After some meetings it became clear they had a real structure and wanted to make Chelsea the club of the future.

"I was convinced by Ranieri and Kenyon - they told me the whole Chelsea story and it appealed to me.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/2295819/ranieri-sold-blues-to-robben

zing

Zingle balls

He used to rotate like a mad man at Chelsea and winning the league with Leicester won't retrospectively change the truth.