Ranieri is the new Leicester Manager

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Amazing. Never expected that, but I guess they are paying him well.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Not exactly the up and coming Pochettino style appointment some people were thinking Leicester might go for.

Sam

This won't end well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You have to ask yourself why.

What a waste of time for everyone involved, he won't last a year and probably gone within the first three months.

Van Gaalacticos

Goodbye Leicester City it was nice knowing you.

They are going down, should have gone with Lennon, O'Neill or even Allerdyce if they wanted a chance. Who on earth are these Leicester owners consulting?

I had a look and it seems Ranieri has a highly impressive list of signings and youth products at certain clubs but doesn't really seem to get teams to play to their full potential...anywhere.

Robbie Boy

I doubt this will work out but it's hardly out of the blue, he's been linked since Pearson got sacked.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Snake oil merchant like Sven.

Ringo 07

How Ranieri still gets work is beyond me...He fails everywhere he goes......He lived years in England and can't speak a word of English.....Moyes is like Ferguson when up against Ranieri.....Anyways thank God they didn't get O'Neill because I think he can still do good things with Ireland if given time

Van Gaalacticos

How does he keep getting work?

It's baffling. Does he do good work behind the scenes or something?
He did buy Lampard and bring through Terry at Chelsea...if that was to do with him from looking at his Wikipedia it says he's pretty good at developing players and recruitment - seems a bit dog poo to me though. Awful appointment for Leicester.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Napoli - Fiorentina - Valencia - Atlético Madrid - Chelsea - Valencia - Parma - Juventus - Roma - Inter - Monaco - Greece - Leicester

One of these things is not like the other.

Impulse

Napoli - Fiorentina - Valencia - Atlético Madrid - Chelsea - Valencia - Parma - Juventus - Roma - Inter - Monaco - Greece - Leicester

One of these things is not like the other.
Got it. Greece are a national team. :)

Last edited:

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
For any Chelsea fans wondering, Ranieri is the guy who used to manage your club before you started supporting them.

I don't own the copyright to that one

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I thought he'd retired.

For any Chelsea fans wondering, Ranieri is the guy who used to manage your club before you started supporting them.

I don't own the copyright to that one
I see what you did there!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
proving a lot of people wrong here atm
Not just on here to be fair, but in the media and elsewhere too.

Football Weekly's James Richardson got it spot on at the beginning of the season... how people don't take Ranieri seriously because he's that friendly old Italian bloke, who speaks funny, and says funny things and was called the tinkerman etc. etc.... but actually, if you look at his record (away from Greece) it's not half bad, and he was more then worthy of the job at Leicester.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Bojan11

It was mostly that I am always right idiot who was saying he prefers Clev and Anderson.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
His record in Italy and England was quite good. I don't know why so many people jumped on him at the start of the season.

Dante

Average bang
I've always thought he was a good manager. Badly mistreated at Chelsea, despite laying the foundations for their success (Terry, Lampard, Cech, Gallas, Makalele, etc.).

After Fergie left, I wanted him as our director of football. His tactical choices can be a bit hit and miss, but when he gets it right, he gets it really right. I don't think anybody can deny his eye for talent, though. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather choose to watch over transfer policy.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not just on here to be fair, but in the media and elsewhere too.

Football Weekly's James Richardson got it spot on at the beginning of the season... how people don't take Ranieri seriously because he's that friendly old Italian bloke, who speaks funny, and says funny things and was called the tinkerman etc. etc.... but actually, if you look at his record (away from Greece) it's not half bad, and he was more then worthy of the job at Leicester.
While not a top manager, Ranieri has always been a good manager.

No idea what people were smoking saying that he'll fail, be sacked and that it would have been better for Leicester if they got some dinosaur instead.