Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Fixture list has been too heavy, and typically you shouldn’t need to rotate centre halves. You rotate players that have an explosive element to their game. Besides, this injury isn’t a result of accumulated fatigue, it was how he planted from the tackle. Could have happened at any time.
3 PL games in 7 days for an injury prone player, I think that’s too much. And it’s really impossible to say if this is an injury coming from fatigue or not, as a sprained ankle could basically come from fatigue.

Red-17

and was able to walk off. Bad hamstrings you wouldn't be able to do that?
Ehh you can definitely walk with even a moderate hamstring strain. He wasn't exactly power walking back to the tunnel, and your hamstring doesn't take a whole lot of strain at slower walking speeds.

Red-17

Lindelof is more of a like for like replacement for Varane than Maguire.
In terms of posession and defensive style yes, but Maguire and Varane are by a mile our two best aerial defenders, and set pieces absolutely will be a struggle for us with a pairing of Lindelof and Martinez. We already struggle defending them as it is. Maguire in good form is a better option for our overall team than Lindelof in good form. Whether he can get back there is up for debate, but people are comparing his form in a disastrous squad last year and the early days of this season (where Martinez looked equally poor) are not really being fair in their assessment. If he comes in and has a run of games while still making the same errors, then fair enough, but he deserves a chance to redeem himself when he has obviously shown to have quality at other times of his United and England career.

arthurka

In terms of posession and defensive style yes, but Maguire and Varane are by a mile our two best aerial defenders, and set pieces absolutely will be a struggle for us with a pairing of Lindelof and Martinez. We already struggle defending them as it is. Maguire in good form is a better option for our overall team than Lindelof in good form. Whether he can get back there is up for debate, but people are comparing his form in a disastrous squad last year and the early days of this season (where Martinez looked equally poor) are not really being fair in their assessment. If he comes in and has a run of games while still making the same errors, then fair enough, but he deserves a chance to redeem himself when he has obviously shown to have quality at other times of his United and England career.
No and no. Maguire is never the answer.

Lost bear

Funny, I don’t remember our fanbase being a bunch of racist cnuts. Every fan base has its cnuts. We are no different. But I can’t think of another fan base that is as associated with being horrible racist thundercunts as Chelsea fans. We aren’t even talking about ancient history, they are time and again showcasing cnuty behaviour. Even during a show of solidarity with Ukraine they were shouting Roman Abramovichs name.

So yes, while every club has a groups of brain dead feck wits, Chelsea has far more than it’s fair share.
I think that this is probably correct.

Lost bear

Sad...he was really starting to look good.
Oh, he’s been fecking brilliant of late- such a class act. Terrible shame for us and for him personally. Love the guy, and I’m really hoping it’s not anything too serious.

CloneMC16

Hopefully he's not out for long, but the club has to look for a long-term replacement. His injury record for us is really concerning. We already have multiple other areas that we need signings in, but this is another big issue.

He had a hamstring injury last season, and that kept him out for about 7 weeks. If he has a similar recovery period, he won't get fit until the 3rd week of the World Cup. Hopefully it's better than that and he recovers faster.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Think a hamstring pull would be a good outcome considering how he jarred his knee and his immediate reaction.

Selfishly, it's also good for us that the world cup is approaching. Just a shame that he's likely to miss out.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Dang it. Really sad for the guy. Isn't he France captain also? So then him and Pogba are out of WC? It could be the last era for most of this France squad.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hopefully he's not out for long, but the club has to look for a long-term replacement. His injury record for us is really concerning. We already have multiple other areas that we need signings in, but this is another big issue.

He had a hamstring injury last season, and that kept him out for about 7 weeks. If he has a similar recovery period, he won't get fit until the 3rd week of the World Cup. Hopefully it's better than that and he recovers faster.
He's out for United until the end of the world Cup at the minimum. 3 weeks of fixtures left. The world Cup is a blessing for United here, I hope he isn't fit enough for that but then can come back in time for the Christmas restart.

We have the remaining 2 Europa League games, play Villa in the league Cup, and then play West Ham, Villa and Fulham in the league. West Ham are tough but the rest are the kindest run of fixtures we could've hoped for. Give him 2 months to recover from his hamstring injury and it shouldn't impact us much.

Thiagoal

Then I suggest you remove the rose tinted glasses, to be honest.
I’m assuming you have never been to Old Trafford? If it was a home match and Thiago Silva coming off crying there’s no way the crowd would be booing! Quiet and polite clapping would be my guess! Chelsea are vile!

Real Name

Wc coming soon is a blessing in disguise for use. But not for him unfortunately if he'll miss it.

Kag

We have just 3 PL games until the WC. If it’s a hamstring we’re far from “fecked”, wait with the drama queen stuff till we get more news on the injury.
Hopefully this is the case. If Lindelof and Maguire can’t manage against West Ham, Villa and Fulham (I think) then they can piss off elsewhere.

The Red Thinker

Lindelof is a better partner for Martinez I think.
We become susceptible to long ball tactics because even if Lindelof clears it’s not going far and oppo teams can win the second ball. Going forward we’ll need to be GREAT at second balls and possession efficiency. That will give us controlled wins.

Zetrio2002

I feel bad for Varane but he will probably miss the world cup but be back for United.

Will Singh

If it’s a hamstring then it’s not to bad as there was rumours it’s a ACL injury. Either way I’m gutted for him because of the WC and prey for he’s quick recovery and comes back stronger!

A-man

We might struggle a little aerially, but I think we need to cope with that. Already before Maguire and Martinez had their first game together, I feared the pair of them would be a bad pairing and the matches they’ve played together haven’t really changed my mind (7 goals conceded in 180 minutes). Maguire compensates for Martinez in the air, but that is the only good thing. They are both defenders who attack the ball and opponent in front of them leaving an opening behind them. As ground duels tend to be a 50/50 chance or risk of being overplayed, they both need their partner to be a covering CB who care more about the space behind than the opponent in front of them. Both Varane and Lindelof are that. With Maguire and Martinez there will be the constant risk of them being overplayed without the cover behind.
On top of that I think Maguire is a bit too slow on the ball but that might be improved by instructions, as I don’t think he lacks that ability, just that he sees himself as a ball carrier.

He has started 8 PL matches this season and walked off injured in 2 of them. This must certainly give ETH something to think about. If he wants to continue to play Varane, he needs to rotate more to rest Varane, but also to keep the backups fit and ready and being able to form partnerships.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
WC break will help us but gutted for him as he will miss WC.

Hopefully its small injury

arthurka

Love the guy and think he is amazing but he looks stiff as hell when he moves. Let's all hope this isn't for the season, we need to start looking for a new CB who can play 85-90% of the games.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Good for us but terrible for him to be missing the World Cup especially as it could be his last. Poor fecker.

also shows how ridiculous it is to be having it in November when injuries are so rife.

NoPace

6 games of Lindelof and Maguire until the World Cup break and 2 after.

Then you sell or loan out Maguire - 3 years left on deal so it's fine, to some team that plays a deep line where he can rebuild some transfer value (West Ham, Forest, Brentford and Bournemouth, so basically Forest or West Ham because they can afford it.

And then buy a right sided CB on January 1st. Pay 5-6M extra for it in January but the Maguire loan covers most of that even if it's just his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.