Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
If he's out the world cup that's not too bad for us.. providing he is back soon after, obviously a big blow for him. We should be able to win our next few prem games with Lindelof. Not playing arsenal, city or Chelsea any more...

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I didn't see the match, but I understand that some Chelsea 'fans' actually booed Varane as he walked around the pitch.
That just tells you the standard of the clueless, moronic idiots that some clubs have follow them.
Many clubs have a proud history in the English game, I don't feel that Chelsea are one of those clubs.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I didn't see the match, but I understand that some Chelsea 'fans' actually booed Varane as he walked around the pitch.
That just tells you the standard of the clueless, moronic idiots that some clubs have follow them.
Many clubs have a proud history in the English game, I don't feel that Chelsea are one of those clubs.
Not just boos, they were shouting all sorts of shit and making ‘wanker’ hand gestures at him. Bunch of cnuts really.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Very concerned about Varane's injury. As soon as he planted his foot he grabbed his hamstring. Hopefully it's just a minor strain.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Lads... it's Chelsea.

Just the norm for their fans.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Couldn’t tell if he was crying because he knew it was bad or because he knew he’d miss the World Cup. Will have to see.

Idxomer

They were clapping and cheering for Abramovich a while back, shit club and a worse fanbase.

Thought we spoke about this to death. The days where teams play with a physical monster are gone. Varane isn't great in air either but he is a front foot defender.
Varane isn’t great in the air? He’s our best aerial defender. He wins most of the set pieces that we defend alongside McT.

Thiagoal

I’d personally doubt it was a hamstring as he walked off the pitch without too much trouble. A bad hamstring tear and you’re hobbling and in agony. If it is a hamstring that’s only a small tear then maybe the WC wouldn’t be out of reach. Fingers crossed for him!

Phil

According to Reddit, this says it’s a hammy injury. I have no idea, my French isn’t so hot.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’d personally doubt it was a hamstring as he walked off the pitch without too much trouble. A bad hamstring tear and you’re hobbling and in agony. If it is a hamstring that’s only a small tear then maybe the WC wouldn’t be out of reach. Fingers crossed for him!
What do you think it could be?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Rather Lindelof than Maguire.
Sums up your football knowledge, borderline "ignore" deserving post. But I will give you a chance and benefit of a doubt that it's just a kneejerk reaction, which itself is annoying for a grown-up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If he's out of the world cup then our chances (France) are fecked, too many injuries to many important players right now. Regarding Utd, it , would give him time to come back fit at least

Godfather

Sums up your football knowledge, borderline "ignore" deserving post. But I will give you a chance and benefit of a doubt that it's just a kneejerk reaction, which itself is annoying for a grown-up.
What? I'd rather have Lindelöf too. Don't think it's even up for debate.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I tend to agree with that, I tore my hamstring 3 months ago (minor tear mind) and I could barely walk because the tiniest contraction was painful

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Varane isn’t great in the air? He’s our best aerial defender. He wins most of the set pieces that we defend alongside McT.
Did think it was a bit of a daft comment.

We can clearly get away with a small centre back, but it's ridiculous to suggest no-one in the team has to have any aerial ability.
We already feel a little vulnerable at set pieces, as it's pretty much Varane, McTom (If on the pitch) and Casemiro.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
His injury ruin the game for me, he's going miss world cup isn't he :(

Our defense is fecked as well, what a downgrade Lindell is compared to him and just as we were talking about a spine of varane Martinez and Casemiro's, life comes at you fast i guess.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I was very pro Maguire over Lindelof, but surely you've seen Maguire's form last season was utterly horrendous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You can't second guess injuries.
I've done ankle ligaments before and walked off. Van D did knee ligaments and walked off.
Whereas some players leave on a stretcher and play very quickly.

Best hope is that it's a hamstring of a fairly minor severity.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What? I'd rather have Lindelöf too. Don't think it's even up for debate.
Me three.

BarstoolProphet

My initial thought was PCL, hopefully "just" a hamstring strain. Feel for him, he looked really distressed.

BarstoolProphet

:lol:

I'm no fan of either but I'd rather have Lindelof than Maguire too.

Chief123

:lol:

I'm no fan of either but I'd rather have Lindelof than Maguire too.
Agree with this. Although I'm gutted we've lost Varane again, I've started warming to Lindelof alongside Martinez. Lindelof has done well in recent games. We have a run of fixtures now where we'll dominate posession so it could be time for Lindelof to shine as he is v good on the ball.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
A lot of Chelsea fans are scum, but I think that was a misunderstanding.

He gave the corner flag a whack on the way past out of frustration with the injury, but some of them took that as him slapping the Chelsea crest on the flag.

BlueHaze

In case you misread the guy you responded to said Maguire, not Maldini...

Status
Not open for further replies.