Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Varane is not satisfied with the money offered him at RM, and I can imagine he´ll wait until the bitter end to get as much as possible. He´s on 150k a week now, and 250k should be enough to bring him to United. In late August.
250 per week is probably what he’ll get at PSG as well. Think Marquinhos makes something like that.

Dve

250 per week is probably what he’ll get at PSG as well. Think Marquinhos makes something like that.
Our advantage is we are playing in the best league in the world, and in Paris, there are more talks about who is going to leave. Kounde to RM and Varane to United. Unless some wants silly money.

A-man

Our advantage is we are playing in the best league in the world, and in Paris, there are more talks about who is going to leave. Kounde to RM and Varane to United. Unless some wants silly money.
Yes absolutely. But unfortunate we don’t look as a club with big chances on the big titles, yet.
How is Varane’s contract situation?

Dve

Yes absolutely. But unfortunate we don’t look as a club with big chances on the big titles, yet.
How is Varane’s contract situation?
One year left, but RM hope to get paid. That´s another obstacle, slowing things down.

A-man

One year left, but RM hope to get paid. That´s another obstacle, slowing things down.
Yes there are so many factors and we really don’t have a clue what’s going on :)

Giggsy13

We’ve been burnt by players looking for their last big pay day. We never learn. Make it simple and pay the Pau Torres release clause.

Darlington Padgett

Is he definitely still class or do people just assume he's still class?
He's not at the same level he was a couple of seasons ago but he's better than what we have. His biggest strength is his pace in my opinion and that is something we're lacking

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I know he might be the best option but personally I'd be more excited by one of the younger CB options we've been linked with.

A-man

Luckhurst saying again that he's Ole's preferred choice for centre back
I think Varane would fit well and almost guarantee to improve us. He also has heaps of experience. When it comes to Torres, I must say Luckhurst statement is the classic example of “the grass is greener”. In what way was Torres performance impressive? He was ok, but impressive? 76% passing accuracy and main responsible for one goal. That said, he looks to be a good player but I really don’t think we would be impressed if it was Maguire, Lindelof or Bailly who was the defender.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
240k pw is too much of an ask. I would pass. He isn't an elite defender who is worth that much salary.

izec

A lot of this rests on who Real bring in as manager...
Maybe. But would be typical of us to chase him half the summer and end up without him, only to overpay for another CB at the end of August. I would just turn my attention to Kounde, Torres or Botman, whoever is the preferred choice and get him in quickly for pre season or before the value shoots up due to the Euros

DSG

Maybe. But would be typical of us to chase him half the summer and end up without him, only to overpay for another CB at the end of August. I would just turn my attention to Kounde, Torres or Botman, whoever is the preferred choice and get him in quickly for pre season or before the value shoots up due to the Euros
Don’t disagree. I like Kounde a lot. Less convinced with Torres...

We have a decent wage structure now. Once we get rid of DeGea and Pogba, we’ll be very much in line. Adding Varane will blow that up.

Cathy Ferguson

Thing is Ramos is heavily linked with a move away, there's zero chance they'll be allowing both to leave, is there.
Alaba is joining. On huge wages, so for that reason I can see Varane leaving, but probably not both of them.

Andersons Dietician

Press leaks that United want an experienced CB to play along with Maguire, which I agree with because I don’t think Harry is a leader as such, he probably could have done playing alongside a Thiago Silva just to help him along a bit. But then I feel like Varane is kind of in the same boat and needs a bit of guidance when he plays.

I’ve no qualms with Varane coming in as he has everything physically you’d want to partner Maguire and if the price is right then why not but if we are talking anything more than 50mil might as well start looking at these other options.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like the idea of Varane.

He's tall, very quick and not easily bullied. I'm not sure his positional sense is that brilliant and he's known to make the odd 'brainfart' here and there.

He'd help us hold a higher line though, and should let Maguire be aggressive without worrying about having no cover.

His injury record isn't brilliant either, so that's a bit of a worry too.

I'd say the 2 best choices for the RCB role are Kounde or Varane, depending on the fee's i'd probably choose Varane

A-man

I like the idea of Varane.

He's tall, very quick and not easily bullied. I'm not sure his positional sense is that brilliant and he's known to make the odd 'brainfart' here and there.

He'd help us hold a higher line though, and should let Maguire be aggressive without worrying about having no cover.

His injury record isn't brilliant either, so that's a bit of a worry too.

I'd say the 2 best choices for the RCB role are Kounde or Varane, depending on the fee's i'd probably choose Varane
Don't know so much about Kounde, but from what I heard he likes to go in to duels. Varane dos not imo.

OmarUnited4ever

If Ramos leaves and Madrid sell Varane, that means they can get a fee & buy another CB, so it would be

Alaba+Nacho+Militao+New CB

Alaba on a free and a CB bought from the proceeds of Varane sale would decent business for them

AgentSmith

Does Ancelotti’s return to Madrid help the muppet’s cause in relation to Varane?

croadyman

El Partidazo de Cope (mostly reliable) are reporting that he is expected to leave but whether it's us or Chelsea very much remains to be seen, it also says that Ramos is going too but my gut feeling all along is that he is going to join PSG

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Cope also reporting that Ramos will be leaving. So I can see them try for either Pau Torres or Jules Kounde.

CM

Reasonable fee. I imagine there will be some competition at that price.

babsk

For that fee we should be getting it done with no hesitation

Cman

Jeez that’s a good price. One would think it’s either Real are trying to start a bidding war or it’s already a done deal where he’s going. Hopefully it’s us. I haven’t been strongly in favour of any of the CB we have been linked with as they all seem to have question marks over them but at 35m euros he would be a complete no brainer.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Only way I can see us getting Varana is if Chelsea and PSG are not interested or they're offering significant lower wage. Otherwise, I literally don't see the selling point for him.

If he comes only for the money, I am warry of another player who won't perform when the crunch arrives. Having said that, I'd still take him because if he keeps fit, we should be able to get at least 5 good years out of him.

SinNombre

All their other sources have constantly reported €60m so I don't think this will happen.

They will sell though. I do not think RM has many sellable assets after last summer of selling Hakimi and Reguilon.

They will try to sell Isco but he can really only be loaned out given his wages. Maybe someone will bite for Asensio.

SinNombre

Only way I can see us getting Varana is if Chelsea and PSG are not interested or they're offering significant lower wage. Otherwise, I literally don't see the selling point for him.
It is not as if United finished ahead of Chelsea in the league the last two seasons and have a lot of young players who will improve further.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It is not as if United finished ahead of Chelsea in the league the last two seasons and have a lot of young players who will improve further.
Indeed, what you state is exactly what'd appeal to Varane, a player with 3 consecutive CL wins.

He'll come here for the Ole vibes, not to join the current European champions. Some of lot, seriously.

Edit: I was wrong, he's got 4 CL trophies.

SAFMUTD

Is he definitely still class or do people just assume he's still class?
People assume he's class. Im latin so most of my friend support Madrid or Barcelona, I lost count on how many times they've shit on him the last two seasons. They preffer Nacho and Militao over him, so I think thats a good reference. They often talk about how Madrid players keep being called class eventhough theyre not anymore the most critizized are Marcelo and Varane.

SinNombre

Indeed, what you state is exactly what'd appeal to Varane, a player with 3 consecutive CL wins.

He'll come here for the Ole vibes, not to join the current European champions. Some of lot, seriously.

Edit: I was wrong, he's got 4 CL trophies.
But he'll be desperate to go to PSG who wait have won 0 CL trophies in their entire history.

Some of you lot can't even be consistent with what you bash Ole and United about ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.