Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Would I be right in thinking that Ole is under a lot of pressure to deliver now? United's squad looks strong and at a very good age overall. I think Varane and Maguire is an excellent CB duo. United probably only need a decent holding midfielder and they're looking good.
100%. He was already under pressure after royally screwing up the EL final last year. On top of that he just got a new contract and he has spent over 100m again.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Arsenal fans are already saying how Ben White is the better investment because of his longevity, acting like Varane is near retirement. Varane has won 4 champions leagues ffs :lol:
Oppos being oppos.

I can't say I know much about Ben White besides him playing for Brighton before Arsenal, but I do know he can't get in the England team ahead of Tyrone Mings.

Yes, that Tyrone Mings, the shit one.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would I be right in thinking that Ole is under a lot of pressure to deliver now? United's squad looks strong and at a very good age overall. I think Varane and Maguire is an excellent CB duo. United probably only need a decent holding midfielder and they're looking good.
Under pressure from the media and fans? Yes. From the board? I don't know, they've seen getting too 4 as a minimum.

Ole arguably has his United now. The fans will expect more than last season but the board will be the ones who decide if stays or leaves.

RedDevilRoshi

Arsenal fans are already saying how Ben White is the better investment because of his longevity, acting like Varane is near retirement. Varane has won 4 champions leagues ffs :lol:
Plus one poster on here over on the Arsenal thread had Rob “fecking” Holding and Pablo “who” Mari ahead of Maguire in a combined Utd/Arsenal XI.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Still feel unbelievable, we get one of the best CB, at his peak, for a "mere" 50m. And he actually likes to play for United.

Sure we offer him the wages he wants, but that's reasonable.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Romano is outgrowing Di Marzio now and is becoming more of an independent entity himself. Whilst he started off that way (as David Amoyal's replacement, basically), he now covers more than what Di Marzio and his network covers. Romano also has someone working under him in Francesco Porzio.
Yeah but what is their hierarchy within Sky Italia, iirc Di Marzio is his boss. He may have more clout for nobodies like us but in reality he is mainly parroting what his redaction tells him. I think that we, muppets, put a bit too much weight on individuals.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Ra-Ra-Raphael
Other clubs can go to hell
He only wanted to sign for us
Ra-Ra-Raphael
feck off Pep and Tom Tuchel
Ole is at the wheel of this bus

Nikelesh Reddy

Wow,so this really happening I guess!I“m just so excited about this transfer...Varane really is a dream signing!Our squad is shaping up really well ahead of the new season,can’t wait for the 14th of August!

lex talionis

I don't know what to feel about Varane, he was world-class for a long long time but the last 2 seasons he wasn't at his best.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be another Alexis' situation for us.
Alexis had already gone to the dogs well before we signed him, which made his signing all the more bizarre IMO. There's no comparison between the form of Varane the last two seasons and Alexis's form the previous two seasons before Jose made what has to go down in United lore as easily the worst signing in United history.

bosskeano

will be a brilliant signing....everyone will have a good wank when this is announced then immediately slate him the first time he makes a mistake! Love Football!!!!

sempleat

Supports
Leeds
Do we think he'll do one of those Real Madrid press conferences where he cries about leaving?
No, those are for long serving captains who are being forced out haha.

He never really had a connection to the club like that, that's kind of why he's leaving.

He definitely won't cry if he has one, he'll probably be offered a press conference although I could see him declining it actually.

el3mel

This isn't the Man Utd I know! :mad:
Everything about us in this market is different. Either the board really means business next season or they're just working extra hard as an apology to the fans for the Super League debacle.

laughtersassassin

I like this reality where no one in the world has money due to the pandemic and we can sign huge named players with zero competition
Let's wait and see if we are offsetting this by selling Pogba and not getting a world class replacement for him.

Not day j git will happen but if it did it would be a disaster

crossy1686

career ending
Let's wait and see if we are offsetting this by selling Pogba and not getting a world class replacement for him.

Not day j git will happen but if it did it would be a disaster
We've signed two world class talents so to lose Pogba isn't such a blow anymore. I'm not sure who is on the market that would walk into our first team though? I think Neves or Saul would probably get in as a DM but who's going to dislodge Bruno, Lingard/VDB?

SATA

I like this reality where no one in the world has money due to the pandemic and we can sign huge named players with zero competition
Arsenal are spending 50M pounds on Ben White and potentially 25M on Ramsdale. Though United and them are shopping on an entirely different class in the market

Coxy

I don't know what to feel about Varane, he was world-class for a long long time but the last 2 seasons he wasn't at his best.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be another Alexis' situation for us.
I’m the same - struggling to get truly excited with this one. Hope I’m wrong :D

crossy1686

career ending
Arsenal are spending 50M pounds on Ben White and potentially 25M on Ramsdale. Though United and them are shopping on an entirely different level in the market
Don't understand the Ben White transfer but Ramsdale is fecking woeful. They're shopping in Lidl's bargain bins and getting ripped off

Status
Not open for further replies.