Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Arsenal are spending 50M pounds on Ben White and potentially 25M on Ramsdale. Though United and them are shopping on an entirely different class in the market
50m for Ben white is decent amount considering we paid 40m for AWB. But I don't know who is sanctioning Ramsdale. It must be some money laundering scheme.

FatTails

50m with one year left on his contract, eh? Football’s bubble continues to expand in a way that is completely detached from the rest of the world and its economy. Insane.

Spoony

The People's President
Varane's moved here for the climate and cuisine. Seriously we've got some decent scran in Manchester these days - in your face Tommy Robinson Lennon or whatever, immigration eh? And it's always sunny in Manchester - Sunnis make up the highest percentage in the area.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

This is apparently what was meant in the original tweet.
The tweet means that Real Madrid won't gift Varane to United. So yeah this translation is better.

CM

Would I be right in thinking that Ole is under a lot of pressure to deliver now? United's squad looks strong and at a very good age overall. I think Varane and Maguire is an excellent CB duo. United probably only need a decent holding midfielder and they're looking good.
No more so than would've been the case anyway. This will be his 3rd full season as United manager and there has been steady progression up to now. Anything less than a continuation of that would likely result in questions being asked.

I guess it depends what you mean exactly. Realistically I don't think the Glazers act unless we fall out of the top 4 but I think there's real desire from the fans (and to be fair, Ole himself) to seriously challenge for the two major honours and win a trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.