g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Crazy shit going on. Now where is that hilarious van Gaal picture with him pointing at players, going "medical for you, medical for you, medical for you, medical for everybody"? :D

Rolaholic

Ramos to P$G, Madrid locking up their current CB and looking into others...

This is all shaping up quite nicely my fellow Muppets :cool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah if PSG aren't in for him then I'm not sure who is apart from United? Won't be Chelsea or Liverpool, unlikely to be City unless they make some big sales at the back to open up space? Looks like either United or new contract. Would be huge.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Great that negotiations have moved closer but after Sancho deal, close has a different meaning when it comes to United transfer news

pacifictheme

Even with VVD fit, I doubt they'll revert to their 18/19/20 form. All their best players have peaked (bar the wingbacks), and without serious investment I think they'll struggle to maintain form.

Kounate is a very good signing, but he's hardly reliable injury wise. There are huge question-marks over the fitness/reliability of all their CBs, and it's impossible to know what sort of player VVD will be on his return. For example, he's entering the career phase where Vidic's injuries started to really catch up with him and he never had anything as serious as what VVD has just experienced.
They already had a pretty tremendous run in so I wouldn't write them off too soon, think they will be right up there next season.

0le

Varane and Sancho would be an excellent summer. Varane, Sancho and a competent defensive midfielder would be phenomenal though.

WPMUFC

Varane and Sancho would be an excellent summer. Varane, Sancho and a competent defensive midfielder would be phenomenal though.
Ducker said Sancho and Varane are the core targets, after that, we will have to sell to buy. So it could still happen.

Rolaholic

Varane, Sancho and Rice/Camavinga and I'll be full of revisionist praise for Woodward after his final summer window in charge :lol:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Yeah if PSG aren't in for him then I'm not sure who is apart from United? Won't be Chelsea or Liverpool, unlikely to be City unless they make some big sales at the back to open up space? Looks like either United or new contract. Would be huge.
Id kinda assumed it would be that as I dont think they would loose Ramos and Varane in the same summer
who do they have now Alaba... militao... nacho... vallejo

to be honest they probably need to sign at least one and possibly two new centrebacks

dinostar77

DM for sure. I'm still of the opinion that DM is the most important position we have to fill, Sancho or not. Much of our struggles in bigger games come from having to play McFred in order to compensate for the job of what one player could do with two. A Fabinho type DM next to Pogba and Bruno would create a balance that opposition wouldn't be able to take advantage of.
You do realise that if we had a top CB next to maguire we wouldnt need a mcfred double pivot to shield the defence? Agree a top DM would be nice but CB is more important. Championships are built on defences.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Man like Murtough.
Not sure quite how involved he is or what he's done differently - but apparently he and Darren Fletcher have stepped in and made the whole process so much better.

if this is a sign of things to come then we might not be seen as a joke anymore.

Kaos

Great that negotiations have moved closer but after Sancho deal, close has a different meaning when it comes to United transfer news
Tbh Madrid are a very different club to deal with than Dortmund and we seem to have a more amicable relationship with them. IIRC the Di Maria transfer was a pretty painless affair. We've also sold them half a dozen or so players over the years so I hope they wouldn't "long the ting' so to speak.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’ve been fairly confident about this one because it’s been very well documented that Varane has been a club (and Woodward) target for a very long time.

Sancho was another we’ve been after ever since he’d left City back in 2017. When the club has that long of a standing interest in a player, we tend to get it done.

Classical Mechanic

I’ve been fairly confident about this one because it’s been very well documented that Varane has been a club (and Woodward) target for a very long time.

Sancho was another we’ve been after ever since he’d left City back in 2017. When the club has that long of a standing interest in a player, we tend to get it done.
Varane said himself that he was close to joining United but chose Real because we'd just signed Phil Jones :nervous:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ll be honest guys, I think I’m a bit big day’d out :(

Rolaholic

I'd give praise to the man responsible for transfers, John Murtough.
For sure but he's apparently still playing a role in our transfer business.

Murtough needs to be commended for seemingly taking a much more serious approach to negotiations with clubs instead of the usual dithering around we had gotten used to

Rolaholic

Apparently Maynard is the official biographer for the French national team and is close to many of their players, pretty good source on this

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
That's the kind of signing I thought we learned never to do again. The "galacticos" type, player that's on a decline, have won a lot and don't really have motivation besides money.

Also 60m is ridiculous. We'd be idiots to pay that much.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
For sure but he's apparently still playing a role in our transfer business.

Murtough needs to be commended for seemingly taking a much more serious approach to negotiations with clubs instead of the usual dithering around we had gotten used to
Yeah Woodward would be the fee and Murtough is the main point of contact. Hopefully this leads to a Varane buy and then another CB as reported this morning and or a DM/ST

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Things are moving faster because have a proper structure in place now. Better late than never.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
That's the kind of signing I thought we learned never to do again. The "galacticos" type, player that's on a decline, have won a lot and don't really have motivation besides money.
28 is on a decline? Bloody hell.

28 is slap bang in the middle fo the prime years of a player

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
He's 28 in his prime on the back of winning everything at Madrid! He's got years left in him!

Big Andy

Bloke
How is he on a decline? He's 28 ffs.

Also, how do you know his personal motivations? IF it was just about money then surely he'd just stay at Real on a fat contract.

WPMUFC

Nacho about to re-sign. :drool: Ramos off to PSG. :drool: Perez hasn't spoken to varane about a deal :drool: One year on contract :drool:

Rolaholic

The motivation of challenging yourself in another league can be strong for top players though, especially after spending an entire decade elsewhere.

It's not like Di Maria who wanted PSG and only went to United because they were tied up by FFP and Madrid wanted to cash in on his best season. By all accounts they don't want him to leave and Varane has had longstanding interest in us dating back to Fergie's time.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
From what I've seen of him, if this is his prime then I don't want to know what his "bad years" were!

Status
Not open for further replies.