Rashford considering his future...

SAFMUTD

Don't renew him, let him fight for his contract renewal. If he doesn't perform let the contract run out, if he's picked by another club then so be it.

Currently he's not worth even half of the wages he's on

L1nk

I don’t understand, apprently he does well in training and such, as soon as he steps on the pitch its like his desire just drops to 0 he absolutely does not care

Red_toad

I don’t understand, apprently he does well in training and such, as soon as he steps on the pitch its like his desire just drops to 0 he absolutely does not care
He was isolated when he came on, probably would have gotten the winner if not tackled by Elanga. Not sure where you get he looked like he didn’t care from?

hobbers

If he really did well in training he'd have started today.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If the promise of a new contract couldn't inspire him, I'm not sure what will.

The absolute definition of 'out of sorts'.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Forgetting all about anything he does off the field and regardless of it, he just shouldn't get a new contract just like any player who is not competing at the level at which they are paid should get one. Seems pretty obvious why we have a bloated squad full of chronic, extremely wealthy underachievers. Someone with some sense needs to take over recruitment and contracts at some point or this madness will just go on for potentially decades.

Telsim

I hope someone can clear this for me. I just saw he is currently on the same salary as Salah and Kane??? :eek: This has to be some kind of mistake, right?

abaka

He should be considering a career change. If i performed the way he does I’d have got at least one written warning by now

Charles Miller

In the paper Man United squad is one the best in europe. None of those players are awful as many of you think.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I hope someone can clear this for me. I just saw he is currently on the same salary as Salah and Kane??? :eek: This has to be some kind of mistake, right?
The mistake is called Ed Woodward 'managing' a football club.

Brophs

The One and Only
In the paper Man United squad is one the best in europe. None of those players are awful as many of you think.
Unfortunately, football is played on grass. Albeit most of our lot look like they spend more time on crack.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It is actually us who should consider his future. Time to change the power relations.
But i felt Rashy tried harder yday than before so lets see

AndySmith1990

I think the "on paper" argument needs to die a quick death already. It's about as meaningless as it gets when analysing the quality of a team

Suv666

Cash in while he still has some value. Won’t be long before everyone else catches on that his ‘out of sorts’ is just his level now.
This
We'll have another Lingard on our hands if we keep him on. Even at his very best he wasn't world class and wouldn't have gotten anywhere near City or Pool's standard.

But there is absolutely no way we'd sell him because the Nevilles and Scholes would go mental.

Suv666

The fickle brigade wanting to sell Rashford can do one and feck right off. Get him under a proper manager and we’ll see the best of him again.
Chelsea City and Liverpool would have already started finding a new club for him. And that is why they are successful football clubs and we are a fecking joke.

Telsim

No mistake and not forgetting martial earns even more.
This is absolutely insane. Even in his wildest dreams Rashford will never be even half the player Kane and Salah are. But he is getting paid the same? And it wouldn't surprise me if he gets even a better contract. Pure lunacy, this. The state of this club is shocking. He needs to get sold as soon as possible, same for Martial.

clarkydaz

This is absolutely insane. Even in his wildest dreams Rashford will never be even half the player Kane and Salah are. But he is getting paid the same? And it wouldn't surprise me if he gets even a better contract. Pure lunacy, this. The state of this club is shocking. He needs to get sold as soon as possible, same for Martial.
he was given that wage at around 21 yrs old. And the next one will of course be an increase

crossy1686

career ending
Martial earns more than Salah

AaronRedDevil

Maybe he’s just becoming disillusioned with the club. He’s very young, world on his shoulders, forced to lead the line because of the clubs incompetence, charity work and then going through uniteds worse period in decades. Too many managers already and I don’t blame him if he’s not arsed learning from his 4th manager, knowing there’s a 5th coming in the summer:lol:. Also the whole Bluemetel scandal and Martial being loaned away, people he’s worked with for years progressing together to form a deadly partnership only to fall apart this season. Plus there’s nothing left to fight for this season and it’s too late for 4th. I have a feeling next season he’ll be reinvigorated. With a much Better manager for next season.

Judas

Open to offers
I do think there's still hope for him. At this point the tide has turned for him drastically online to the point where's its become very extreme. I'm still very intrigued to see what he can do under Ten Hag.

AndySmith1990

Maybe he’s just becoming disillusioned with the club. He’s very young, world on his shoulders, forced to lead the line because of the clubs incompetence, charity work and then going through uniteds worse period in decades. Too many managers already and I don’t blame him if he’s not arsed learning from his 4th manager, knowing there’s a 5th coming in the summer:lol:. Also the whole Bluemetel scandal and Martial being loaned away, people he’s worked with for years progressing together to form a deadly partnership only to fall apart this season. Plus there’s nothing left to fight for this season and it’s too late for 4th. I have a feeling next season he’ll be reinvigorated. With a much Better manager for next season.
None of that justifies lack of effort. It's just making excuses for players again; something we as a fan base really need to cut out.

OleGunnar20

If our squad was in better shape I'd be happy to let him move on for the right price. Its clear things haven't haven't right for a while and maybe a fresh start is best for all.

Given the absolute state of our squad at the moment though we'd be mad to get rid. I agree with those saying a one year extention (is there an option in his contract?) On the same wages and give him a real ultimatum, is the best way to go.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think the club should sell. To extend his contract means to increase his salary. That's ridiculous.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't even know if its lack of effort or a legitimate mental issue with him. There's a fear and total lack of belief in the way he plays football now, nothing like how he used to be. From an outsider looking in, I wonder how much help these players get with the mental side of the game.

AaronRedDevil

I don't even know if its lack of effort or a legitimate mental issue with him. There's a fear and total lack of belief in the way he plays football now, nothing like how he used to be. From an outsider looking in, I wonder how much help these players get with the mental side of the game.
It definitely seems like a mental thing. Before he'd run himself Into the ground the minute an attack is made. But now he's can't move at all. I hope the summer break helps him out. I'd hate to see this happen to Rashford of all player's. He's just not believing himself and all his confidence seems shot to shit.

wolvored

I do think there's still hope for him. At this point the tide has turned for him drastically online to the point where's its become very extreme. I'm still very intrigued to see what he can do under Ten Hag.
Excuses again. Why does it always have to be next season. Why can't they try this season?

Judas

Open to offers
Excuses again. Why does it always have to be next season. Why can't they try this season?
You can write him off baby cakes, I'm not. Plenty of other people who are happy to hate him, you're not alone, so don't worry, I'm just not willing to do so. If next season it's the same pitiful sad story, I'll sadly be at a point where I'm willing to see him go, but it won't be with the hate so many on here are showing. I don't want him given a bumper new contract, it would be idiotic, but I also don't want him binned yet.

wolvored

If our squad was in better shape I'd be happy to let him move on for the right price. Its clear things haven't haven't right for a while and maybe a fresh start is best for all.

Given the absolute state of our squad at the moment though we'd be mad to get rid. I agree with those saying a one year extention (is there an option in his contract?) On the same wages and give him a real ultimatum, is the best way to go.
Yes I have also said that if they need to increase his contract give him a years extension on the same money. Surely he wouldn't have the nerve to ask for more... oh wait he wouldn't have to with the board at Utd. This would be a given.

wolvored

You can write him off baby cakes, I'm not. Plenty of other people who are happy to hate him, you're not alone, so don't worry, I'm just not willing to do so. If next season it's the same pitiful sad story, I'll sadly be at a point where I'm willing to see him go, but it won't be with the hate so many on here are showing. I don't want him given a bumper new contract, it would be idiotic, but I also don't want him binned yet.
Baby cakes thanks sweetie.
On Rashford and others surely they should be trying their hardest every game. Every season there seems to be an excuse. Perhaps they have hit their limit and other teams have learned their limitations.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
he was given that wage at around 21 yrs old. And the next one will of course be an increase
Extending his current contract is the most he can hope for, surely? We need to distance ourselves from Woodward's pay them whatever they want policy.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That's pretty much where I'm at right now with Rashford.

He's earned the chance to turn it around under a competent new manager, one that is renowned for his work with the younger players. Oh, hi Erik :cool:

redshaw

The club needs to see he can get back to form even before offering the same deal let alone an increase. I'm prepared to see how he does next season and if there's no big improvement then we have to consider offers.

A big problem for him going forward though is his friend Sancho. If Sancho is the preferred left hand side player attacker under the new manager then we'll see the similar issues. Long term he doesn't want a right sided role and I doubt he can get his England role back there either. It's looking more like he has to move for his own sake and become the main man on the left for some other club and at least rise up the pecking order for England.