Rashford considering his future...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It’s nothing but PR no matter who does it. It’s the very definition of PR.
Yeah? So every player should close their accounts then.

Most player post their fitness videos, especially during off season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah? So every player should close their accounts then.

Most player post their fitness videos, especially during off season.
When PR is specifically used to deflect or obfuscate, then there’s an issue.

Bizarre that anyone thinks posting fitness videos isn’t PR.

roonster09

Scout
Not close them of course, they can do whatever they want in terms of content, fans don't have to find a positive side to it, is all.
That doesn't mean it's PR. I mean that exactly is PR in posting fitness video?

If James Ducker is writing articles on how Rashford is working 10 hours a day to improve his fitness, yes, that's a PR piece.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That doesn't mean it's PR. I mean that exactly is PR in posting fitness video?

If James Ducker is writing articles on how Rashford is working 10 hours a day to improve his fitness, yes, that's a PR piece.
Do you know what ‘PR’ stands for?

Dorris

How are we going to get enraged about this video on the caf? I'm interested to know how this has offended some.
He’s just massively dislikable these days for numerous reasons. Just seeing him post will annoy a lot of people.

Kaos

Reading the comment on his social media posts, its clear the fans aren't buying the PR spin anymore. He needs to wind it down on the social media and opportune journo leaks, and actually show us he's made strides on the pitch. A video of him doing dumbell curls and shoulder presses isn't convincing anyone. When he's actually tracking back and busting a gut every game I'll be satisfied.

roonster09

Scout
He’s just massively dislikable these days for numerous reasons. Just seeing him post will annoy a lot of people.
Then those morons shouldn't be following his account, as simple as that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He's ripped but can he run on the pitch and play in our new system? That's what he'll get measured by and until then it's all a bit academic although I'd personally sell him like we did with Welbeck in the blink of an eye.

Yakuza_devils

Tbf, he is in great shape.
Hope that translate to the form on the field next season.
Finally our Rashford is back?

Kaos

Tbf, he is in great shape.
Hope that translate to the form on the field next season.
Finally our Rashford is back?
It doesn't mean anything if he's not bothering to track back or is winded after 10 minutes of running. Let's see what he does on a football pitch and with a football first.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Going by your defn, everything posted on social media is PR.

It's weird people go out of their way to get offended by simple video.
Basically yes, especially instagram.

Forgot to put ‘inundation’ in my longer post. If the PR output by Rashy was limited & judicious, no issue would be had. It’s the frequency that also galls some.

Yakuza_devils

It doesn't mean anything if he's not bothering to track back or is winded after 10 minutes of running. Let's see what he does on a football pitch and with a football first.
He is in much better shape than last season. Maybe he has been working very hard in preparation for ETH high pressing game? He knows that his mates Pogba and Lingard are gone. He needs to put in serious shifts if he wants to be in Man Utd. We are not being coached by smiling Ole or out of his depth Rangnick anymore.

roonster09

Scout
Basically yes, especially instagram.

Forgot to put ‘inundation’ in my longer post. If the PR output by Rashy was limited & judicious, no issue would be had. It’s the frequency that also galls some.
It's his personal account, he can post his fitness work, he can post him munching McD burgers. If people are so bothered, they shouldn't follow player accounts. I don't know why people follow the accounts and then moan about "PR".

Kaos

He is in much better shape than last season. Maybe he has been working very hard in preparation for ETH high pressing game? He knows that his mates Pogba and Lingard are gone. He needs to put in serious shifts if he wants to be in Man Utd. We are not being coached by smiling Ole or out of his depth Rangnick anymore.
He was never in bad shape anyway, save for his injuries. But again, its not his conditioning that was the biggest concern, but rather his attitude and to an extent his stamina. Him looking a little more muscular doesn't do anything to assuage those concerns just yet.

flameinthesun

Means nothing until we see him on the pitch giving it his all. Those who are suspicious of his posts being all pr are correct to think so. It's not being negative, its being realistic about a player who says/posts one thing and then shows on the pitch something else.

roonster09

Scout
Means nothing until we see him on the pitch giving it his all. Those who are suspicious of his posts being all pr are correct to think so. It's not being negative, its being realistic about a player who says/posts one thing and then shows on the pitch something else.
Did he say he will be running like maniac in his post? He didn't promise anything.

Yakuza_devils

He was never in bad shape anyway, save for his injuries. But again, its not his conditioning that was the biggest concern, but rather his attitude and to an extent his stamina. Him looking a little more muscular doesn't do anything to assuage those concerns just yet.
Based on the video, he is back to training earlier. Wasn't he supposed to be still on holidays? Hope this is the sign that his attitude is improving?

themanguydude

Player posting his fitness video is not PR. Using too much of that, people even forgot what it means.
"Public relations is the practice of managing and disseminating information from an individual or an organization to the public in order to affect their public perception"

Isn't that exactly what he's doing? Why else would he post a fitness video after a disastrous season where most fans would describe it with terms such as "unmotivated, lazy, unfit". Would you, unironically, say he is "hardworking"?

El Jefe

Did he say he will be running like maniac in his post? He didn't promise anything.
It's funny because if he was out of shape holding a pint in Marbella people would have a problem with that too.

Seems like he can't win.

studs

Why is there always a need to shout from the roof tops with these players. Can they not just keep the head down and get on with it.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
So we just forget about his disgusting performances last season and pretend it never happened? It's going to take a long time and consistently good performances from Rashford before I look at any positives from him.

I have never seen a player appear in the media as much as him, "working hard." He should just shut the feck up and prepare himself like the rest of footballers. Sick of his PR BS.
He's always done that tbh, if that doesn't translate into better performances and display of intensity on the pitch, it is just PR.
Fans aren't skeptical about these clips for the sake of it tbh
The club has been a bit of a sh*tshow for some time now. Why can we all easily accept that but then not be able to accept that the same situation might have affected players form?

We are all too quick to attack everything nowadays. It's a new beginning for the club with lots to be excited about. IMO everyone should reset, park the moaning for a while and try to be positive, at least until we have new reasons not to be.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's his personal account, he can post his fitness work, he can post him munching McD burgers. If people are so bothered, they shouldn't follow player accounts. I don't know why people follow the accounts and then moan about "PR".
It’s all public relations. PR can be proactive or reactive.

roonster09

Scout
It's funny because if he was out of shape holding a pint in Marbella people would have a problem with that too.

Seems like he can't win.
People also forget that Instagram is a business for players and celebrities.

lex talionis

If there is a ball to be won in front of Rashy I want to see him try to win it. No more fukking standing still, hoping for the full time whistle to be blown.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Wow, is it public relations. That's a brand new information :lol:
He takes public relations to new heights. How many other professional footballers do you see continually in the media showing how hard he's working? Pogba and now Lingard pushed him close but Rashford is in a league of his own.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
The club has been a bit of a sh*tshow for some time now. Why can we all easily accept that but then not be able to accept that the same situation might have affected players form?

We are all too quick to attack everything nowadays. It's a new beginning for the club with lots to be excited about. IMO everyone should reset, park the moaning for a while and try to be positive, at least until we have new reasons not to be.
I like your style Bilbo. You are definitely a glass half full type of guy but I'm afraid for me there’s no excuse for Rashfords total lack of commitment last season. A fan can forgive many things. This isn't one of them.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I like your style Bilbo. You are definitely a glass half full type of guy but I'm afraid for me there’s no excuse for Rashfords total lack of commitment last season. A fan can forgive many things. This isn't one of them.
You could point to practically any member of last season's squad and accuse them of lacking commitment - literally any of them.

Footballers are only human, negativity affects them as much as the rest of us, and let's be honest, negativity was rampant throughout the club last season. It's hardly a surprise that the majority of our squad vastly underperformed given the circumstances.

El Jefe

People also forget that Instagram is a business for players and celebrities.
The thing is I've been very critical of Rashford since the Ole tenure but he can't even sneeze now without people finding a fault in it.

Rashford has been posting summer workout videos since 2016 right before Jose joined. He like many other sportsmen do this during the off season, there's nothing wrong with it. Of course he does have his PR machine behind him and that should be called out when they are trying to control the narrative around him but this is innocent.

roonster09

Scout
The thing is I've been very critical of Rashford since the Ole tenure but he can't even sneeze now without people finding a fault in it.

Rashford has been posting summer workout videos since 2016 right before Jose joined. He like many other sportsmen do this during the off season, there's nothing wrong with it. Of course he does have his PR machine behind him and that should be called out when they are trying to control the narrative around him but this is innocent.
Exactly, agreed with everything. It was awful to read when Ducker, Winter, even Simon Stone wrote shit articles to set the narrative around Rashford, it was just pathetic.

Like you said, Rashford always posted these videos. I think most players post preseason training videos, especially when they hit gym during off season.

Belisarius

I don't think we're going to sell him this summer but I hope we do. How much do people think we could realistically get for him at this point? A few year's back there were press reports he could be sold for 100m pounds. Personally, I would accept anything north of 40m now and move on. I can't abide lack of effort. Anything else if forgivable but not that.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
You could point to practically any member of last season's squad and accuse them of lacking commitment - literally any of them.

Footballers are only human, negativity affects them as much as the rest of us, and let's be honest, negativity was rampant throughout the club last season. It's hardly a surprise that the majority of our squad vastly underperformed given the circumstances.
For me there's a big difference between not putting the effort in, not being good enough or playing disjointed football which would effect performances. Players like Bruno, Ronaldo, Fred, McT, Telles, Dalot, Elanga all at least tried. Sancho I'll forgive as it's his first season in the PL but Rashford stood out as a player not in the least interested in trying to work himself into some sort of form. I can't believe supporters have that short of memory that the excuses are starting all over again when it was generally agreed that Rashford basically downed tools and was rightfully dropped for his performamces all through the season when he came back from injury just a few short weeks ago.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

It's innocent when a player posts on his own social media pages but when these videos are appearing in the national press every other week then questions rightfully have to be asked.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
For me there's a big difference between not putting the effort in, not being good enough or playing disjointed football which would effect performances. Players like Bruno, Ronaldo, Fred, McT, Telles, Dalot, Elanga all at least tried. Sancho I'll forgive as it's his first season in the PL but Rashford stood out as a player not in the least interested in trying to work himself into some sort of form. I can't believe supporters have that short of memory that the excuses are starting all over again when it was generally agreed that Rashford basically downed tools and was rightfully dropped for his performamces all through the season when he came back from injury just a few short weeks ago.
I don't think you will find many United fans that were not annoyed by Rashford's demeanour during last season. He deserved to be dropped, and he was dropped. Not even close to the England squad either and will struggle to make the World Cup. It's not as though this has all gone by without any punishment or consequence for him.

It's time to give him a chance to find his way back now though.

Revaulx

Yeah. I’d be surprised if the players that improve under ETH aren’t among the ones you’ve listed.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Someone who is a trainer will hopefully correct me, but kinda funny to see him doing shoulder raises. I've always been told those are a bit backwards and risky, and that shoulders develop best through less direct exercises. But anywho, good to see him bulking up...wait...
That one armed row isn't great for the back either, or at least rest on right knee for right row and vice versa... People should be telling these guys about that stuff. Anyway good to see him back hope he turns up and turns out this season... feck the haters :p