Rashford considering his future...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
100% agreed. I hope we're starting to see the end of "he's a loyal servant/local lad/good guy, let him stay" sentiments for any of our players.
One can hope, but it will be nigh on impossible to separate Rashford from those sentiments.

Tyrion

The overly sentimental, forgiving and vain fanbase is as much to blame as the incompetent board for the club’s decline into mediocrity.
The attitude of fans has nothing to do with the success or failure of a Premier league team. Fans just like to pretend otherwise because it let's them think they have some influence over the situation.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
At a time when we are going to be clearing out 8/9/10+ players, it won’t be surprising at all if the club have no intention of letting Rashford go and I expect ten Hag to be absolutely fine with that. He will have seen what Rashford has been capable of in the past and will be keen to see if he can get him back to that level. Failing that he will remain a backup and push for a move and we will get a transfer fee.

I don’t think Rashford has half the capital right now he thinks he has and the club will hopefully recognise that when they offer him a new deal.
You simply cannot go around offering players performing as poorly as Rashford big contracts. He's on around 200K a week. Obscene money really. And its hard to see him justifying that tbh. He's never actually been a 200K a week player. So our options are to let him go or wait and watch another year before offering him (if he deserves it) much less. We could exercise the 1 year opition if we want to protect his sale value for next summer which would probably be the sensible thing to do.

But I think we have to start paying players what they are worth rather than based on hype / potential / name. Having said that I have no faith in us. He'll have a couple of good months and we'll give him a juicy new contract and the structure continues to snowball.

Tap

The attitude of fans has nothing to do with the success or failure of a Premier league team. Fans just like to pretend otherwise because it let's them think they have some influence over the situation.
Of course fans have a say. Those white hankies and whistles are part of the cooker pressure atmosphere at Real where excellence is expected.

You can be sure that the glazers, players and whoever the new ceo is will be kept on their toes if the same happens at OT on a more regular basis instead of the usual tame applause and the occasional scattered boos.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Exactly.

stw2022

Whether there’s an influence or not stepping back and reviewing the list of excuses is quite something. From concerns about poverty, to imagined relationship troubles, to fairly perverse projections of mental health problems - all to avoid the obvious conclusion that maybe he isn’t very good.

And that’s just the tip of the excuses iceberg

i have zero faith that unless the new manager panders to him we won’t be reading endlessly in the press that the squad are “flummoxed” he doesn’t start every game and Real Madrid and Brazil 1970 won’t stop calling him and making overtures

Last edited:

Tyrion

Of course fans have a say. Those white hankies and whistles are part of the cooker pressure atmosphere at Real where excellence is expected.

You can be sure that the glazers, players and whoever the new ceo is will be kept on their toes if the same happens at OT on a more regular basis instead of the usual tame applause and the occasional scattered boos.
It's more because at Real the director can be voted out. The same doesn't happen in English football. Fans don't have a vote.

Tyrion

Do you think the media matters ? Articles, social media, TV media etc?
To a very small and indirect extent, yes. The club might be aware of it but I doubt the owners are and I doubt it influences them. Most clubs don't get the same attention as United so they wouldn't be as influenced.

Blood Mage

He's not even 25 yet and he's already lost some pace. No denying he has attitude problems but injuries have also clearly wrecked him.

RC89

100% agreed. I hope we're starting to see the end of "he's a loyal servant/local lad/good guy, let him stay" sentiments for any of our players.
I know Goldbridge isn't much liked on here but he's been saying this sort of stuff for a while. We've very much been a 'job for the boys' club. It looks like we're starting to change that. Let's just hope it's not a false dawn.

wolvored

I think TH has already outlined what he wants and expects a Utd team to be able to do. This was stated by the board when they interviewed him. He also got in his senior men. I cant see him changing his principles. Rashford will be given a chance, and better training might make a difference, but if he still performs like he has, then I have no doubt be will be gone next summer.

Foxbatt

And those white hankies keep them winning the CL most of the time. While we clap and sing songs even when we are getting hammered by our biggest rivals. Any player who is not making an effort should be booed non stop.

Withnail

And those white hankies keep them winning the CL most of the time. While we clap and sing songs even when we are getting hammered by our biggest rivals. Any player who is not making an effort should be booed non stop.
Sounds delightful. That'll make the world of difference and help create the right atmosphere for success at United.

ROFLUTION

That's just not true. If fans didn't have an impact, then home advantage wouldnt be a statistically proven thing across every league.

Will Singh

We should be considered he’s future at the club, they make it sound like we are on our knees begging him to stay when in reality he should be on he’s knees begging the club. I can’t see how he has a future here, he’s best mate JlingZ is gone so hopefully takes him with him!

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Someone who is a trainer will hopefully correct me, but kinda funny to see him doing shoulder raises. I've always been told those are a bit backwards and risky, and that shoulders develop best through less direct exercises. But anywho, good to see him bulking up...wait...

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Looks in good shape!

Needs to show if he can last longer than 60 mins on a treadmill though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Someone who is a trainer will hopefully correct me, but kinda funny to see him doing shoulder raises. I've always been told those are a bit backwards and risky, and that shoulders develop best through less direct exercises. But anywho, good to see him bulking up...wait...
You mean shoulder press? There's nothing wrong with that exercise. It's one of the staple compound exercises to do. Not sure about the bold... A muscle gets bigger with exercises that don't specifically target it?

Last edited:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's a compound exercise not an isolation one.

El Jefe

How are we going to get enraged about this video on the caf? I'm interested to know how this has offended some.

AndySmith1990

How about we find the positives in a player working hard to be in the best shape possible for the new season?
Being in shape was never the problem; there were pics last year of him looking fit after his return from the operation. It's his lack of effort that's been missing

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Being in shape was never the problem; there were pics last year of him looking fit after his return from the operation. It's his lack of effort that's been missing
Yes I agree, but as a glass half full kinda guy I like to see what he is doing there as him making an effort. Lets give him a bit of credit, or if that's too much then at least not give him sh*t for it.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
How about we find the positives in a player working hard to be in the best shape possible for the new season?
So we just forget about his disgusting performances last season and pretend it never happened? It's going to take a long time and consistently good performances from Rashford before I look at any positives from him.

I have never seen a player appear in the media as much as him, "working hard." He should just shut the feck up and prepare himself like the rest of footballers. Sick of his PR BS.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's always done that tbh, if that doesn't translate into better performances and display of intensity on the pitch, it is just PR.
Fans aren't skeptical about these clips for the sake of it tbh

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Those are shoulder presses, not raises