Rashford considering his future...

Giggsforever

He lack the vision, creativity and passing you need in a attacker. He has extreme qualities, but is not suited to the modern game, he would have been great 25 years ago.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I hope we get rid. The whole team needs to be rid of.

Also the fact that him and his people came out with this after the derby result....they're taking the piss.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I see this for what it is, a threat to the club ‘leaked’ through a journalist because he isn’t getting his own way. feck him, he can go for all I care.

Red00012

I’ll give him clarity you’re shit and you don’t deserve to be starting , feck off and take Lingz with you and leak your stories elsewhere.

Zen86

I'll always give a strong benefit of the doubt to those who come through our academy.

However, he's looked disinterested and half-arsed for quite a long time now. If his reply to being dropped is to start sounding out the "considering my future" rumours via his camp, rather than taking a good hard look in the mirror and getting his priorities straight, then he quite clearly has no business being a top-level footballer at Manchester United.

SER19

:lol: i hope he's giving strong consideration to goodison Park or st James Park.

A talented, brilliant prospect who became so captured by his 'team' that he forget to develop as a player. The mentality of a kitten

Dante

Average bang
I can't say I believe this article. It looks like opportunistic journalism from a writer who's trawled Twitter to find a narrative that will get as many people as possible to read their content. It's confirmation bias packaged as news.

Firstly, Rashford has had plenty of minutes since coming back from injury - including lots of starts.

He's also admitted that his form's been bad, so it's not like he would consider this an injustice.

And his manager has publicly backed him and said he wants to get the best out of him, so he's hardly being ingored.

In any case, Rashford will have a new manager next season. What's happened in 2021/22 will be history by the time the summer rolls around. Even if this was a negotiation tactic, it's being applied at the wrong time so doesn't seem convincing on that front either.

darko

If the season gets to the point where top 4 is gone, I'd love to start him at right back and Lingard at RF. Teach him a lesson. Show him how it feels like to play RB with a lazy self-entitled teammate in front of him. At half-time I'd reverse their position.

LoneStar

On Reddit, most opposition fans can see through this ‘concern’ of his, and know he‘s been dogshit for a long time. I think Rashford is delusional in thinking that big clubs would be lining up for him. Certainly not on those wages.

I honestly hope he leaves at this point. Feels like it’s best for both parties (and especially for United) now. Maybe a club like PSG will want him for big money, considering that Mbappe might be leaving and they need a big name signing. Well, I sincerely hope so.

el3mel

Game time, what game time ? He's already playing far more minutes than what his actual performance deserves.

Ridiculous if true. Delusional kid.

Sell, it's not a big deal.

Judas

Open to offers
As shit as he’s been I’d be sad to see him go before a new manager gets a chance with him.

But he’s been so off and looked totally not right for ages now that these stories don’t really make me massively panic. We need a clear out either way.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
There's wider issues at play here. For one, I don't think he's been fully fit for a while and probably pained through a lot of pain when we had nobody else.

Out of the current crop of c***s, he's the one I'd give another chance to once a new manager comes in. Perhaps its the romantic in me, but I just find giving up on of our own so quickly really sad. Genuine world class players have struggled at United and will continue to do until the culture of the club is changed for the better.

The bar is already set real low when the criteria is for him to play hard and he can't even achieve that.

If he needs a new manager to pamper him before he starts playing hard, that's an even bigger red flag that we should get rid of him.

Withnail

I'm playing terribly. I'm bemused that I'm not starting every game. If only I could figure out the connection.

This can't be what is really going through his mind???

Orange Tree

He needs to move on. Maybe a new environment would rejuvenate him.

Sad to see how his performance has fallen this season.

humdinger

He’ll get a fat new contract as club won’t let him go. We just need to hope the next manager can get him back on the right track.

Judas

Open to offers
I’m not surprised to see so many want to get rid, but it would be a shame. But then I didn’t think he’d be performing like he is at his age, and yet here we are.

romufc

:lol: i hope he's giving strong consideration to goodison Park or st James Park.

A talented, brilliant prospect who became so captured by his 'team' that he forget to develop as a player. The mentality of a kitten
I don't think he would be giving St James Park a consideration if I am honest. There is no chance he starts ahead of ASM on the left. 3 months in he will be considering his future again there.

Velvet Revolver

This is the problem with footballers these days. instead of putting your head down and working hard to regain your place. You down tools and shy away from challenge and move to your comfort zone somewhere else.

luke511

A very satisfying humbling. He's giving the club an ultimatum over a lack of game time when he's been credited an automatic start no matter how badly he's played for the last 2 seasons, how about working hard and trying to win your place back by performing well?

NewYorkRed

Lingard has been really, really bad for him. Just not a good influence at all and now it’s starting to show.

Jericholyte2

Assuming the reports are true and our budget is going to be around 50 mil in the summer, we need to have smart sells with cheaper yet better replacements.

A smarter club like Chelsea have handled their youth sales could get 50 mil out of Rashford. The same can be invested in an Nkunku who could arguably be better. Theoretically, this sounds Fifa-esque but other clubs have made wise money out of peaked potential starlets.
Firstly, if that is accurate then HOLY SHIT we’re in trouble!

However, if it is then I’d suggest we go all in on free transfers this summer. Mazraoui (RB), Rudiger (CB), Kamara and Kessie (CM) are all available on free transfers and should be snatched up.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I have some sympathy for Rashford he broke into a first team looking like a great number 9.

He has then spent most of the last 5 years playing on the wing, with Mourinho as his first manager, who famously doesn’t train attacking play and Ole whose attacking tactics was basically “go out and show what you can do”

So Rashford has had to adapt to senior football, learn a different position at the time where the clubs coaching has been awful.

Now he is in his mid 20’s should be approaching hs prime yet he has lost years of development and now a new manager comes in and looks at him and goes well you arn’t good enough right now and it isn’t like your a young player any more so he just becomes another mediocre squad player and that’s how he is treated.

el3mel

I’m not surprised to see so many want to get rid, but it would be a shame. But then I didn’t think he’d be performing like he is at his age, and yet here we are.
It's his mentality. He has been shit for a long time but instead of being annoyed at his performance, no he's annoyed at getting dropped for his shit performance.

His mentality as a player has become awful and it's night and day difference from what it used to be when he was just a kid.

The automatic starting no matter and all the praise got into his head a long time. He thinks himself a superstar.

RazorOz

He lack the vision, creativity and passing you need in a attacker. He has extreme qualities, but is not suited to the modern game, he would have been great 25 years ago.
He does have qualities. His biggest issue by far is his lack of work rate, it's just unacceptable for someone of his age how often he simply refuses to run or track back. To have such a low work rate you need to have an insane output upfront to make up for it, like a Messi of 5 years ago, he doesn't.

It's probably all linked to realising he'll be out of the England squad on current form/playing time, but it is hard to really see where he goes. You can't see any team better than Utd really being interested, and his wages are going to be a huge stumbling block for many clubs where he might otherwise fit.

90 + 5min

Those who don’t want to be here can leave. It is not human right to play for the club. You got to show something.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Good.

Let's see if PSG, Barca etc will put up with him not giving a feck on the pitch. If they're stupid enough to go for him, that is.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Has been discussed in the Player Performance thread but felt worthy of its own thread.

For me this is an incredibly sad story of a good player who was promoted above his talent after his sparkling start with United. The state of the club at the time meant they needed (ideally an academy graduate) to hang their hat on and he came along at the perfect time for them. In more stable times he would have had his breakout, calmed down, and then be loaned out for a year or two to develop further and come back a more rounded player.

But the club needed him so he stayed. Many of us throughout the time questioned the sporadic nature of his form, asking if he really was the next big thing or a flash in the proverbial pan (remember the Rashford vs Mbappe debates?). I feel, defending him, that he has been hugely let down by the last manager. In various acts of desperation he was called upon for ridiculous amounts of football whilst injured. However I do also believe that he has to take a fair share of personal responsibility here. Yes he's been injured, yes he'd been played in to the ground, but that doesn't excuse the regularity with which his people go to the media to whinge and moan about all sorts of issues.

The tweet above is just the latest example of the issues with modern players, who potentially believe they're better than they actually are. He's scored 5 goals so far this season, he doesn't press or race back to defend like his manager wants, so what does he do when the manager drops him? Does he look internally and ask what he needs to do to get back in the team, does he change attitude or style of play, or work harder to make the point to the manager when he comes on as a 65th minute sub? NO! He starts walking around the pitch with his hands on his hips after 10mins, then runs to the press talking about how he might need to go somewhere he's guaranteed first team football!

I think it's another example of the thin skin attitude which is the true cancer within our dressing room. What are your thoughts?
Bye bye. Not doing it for United so doesnt matter what he does anywhere else

MyBloodIsRed

I mean I love Marcus. Feels like like he genuinely is crumbling under the pressure, MBE, the #10 jersey, homegrown talent. He needs to reset and man up. Maybe follow CR7 around and ask him EVERYTHING... learn... grow. Ole must have really pumped his ego

He's a good lad but not entitled to anything. That is the worst part about alot of the players in the squad. Act like entitled primadonnas.... Elanga and Sancho have worked hard and performing well. I don't see either sulking or acting like Rashy.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Lingard has been really, really bad for him. Just not a good influence at all and now it’s starting to show.
Dont forget Pogba. That little group was something Mourinho tried to deal with (ultimately in the wrong way) and since, no other manager has done anything about them.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They will be interested because they are not stupid and don’t follow every target based on some month to month form guide.

Like United, clubs interested in Rashford would have followed him for years. The likes of Madrid, PSG, Barcelona etc have probably had an interest since he was in our academy, and having watched him for many years, are not going to be concerned by some poor form at 24, unless it was injury related. For clubs with long term vision, moments like this are looked at as opportunity to get a target of long term interest if anything, because under normal circumstances, clubs would have never thought they would be able to get Marcus Rashford from Manchester United.

You say £50m, I reckon we would get 9 figures for him.
You cannot have been watching United during Ferguson's years. I just refuse to believe someone seeing his teams' performances can put Rashford on such a pedestal.

The guy is basically a faster and more marketable Welbeck.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We'll likely price Rashford out of any move anyway so this conversation is a bit pointless until 2024 when he can actually run his contract down. We're thick as pig shit and don't let unhappy players leave.