Rashford considering his future...

Trip721

I loved watching Rashford a few years ago, as I'm sure most of us did. He was trending the right direction and then COVID hits and he takes his status of becoming a footballer super star and applies it to helping children and everyone loves it. He plays through Euros with an injury, placing national team pride over club team and with the mindset, they can win it. Win Euros, recover at Man Utd and no one is going to say a bad thing. But they lose, he comes back and hasn't played well, he still is using that fading star to come out with books. Some people are upset that he is promoting books, when he should be training, others do not care, as someone said, he probably puts in minimal effort into the books.

I'm assuming, Rushford's PR team is trying to cash in on as much of his bright star now, never knowing when a player's career/publicity can quickly go south. Rashford, rightfully believing this, is OK with the extracurricular activities; unfortunately, the magic is wearing off and wearing off quickly. If Rashford leaves, ends up somewhere else, and is bench ridden, that magic dust is gone and those books do not sell nearly as quickly.

Sooner or later, Rashford and his PR team are going to realize he needs to be the player he once was or accept the fact, he'll be bench ridden and no matter how many books he "writes," the sales won't be there.

Abraxas

I think the point with the books isn't that Rashford is sat in front of an oil lamp with quill and parchment all night after training.

It's just indicative of what we already know - he has an awful lot going on that is nothing to do with helping him in his day job. Whether it's giving light input into 3 books, or social media, or fashion businesses, or various charitable endeavours, or backslapping boxers, or some other commercial venture and the marketing of it.

When you're performing nobody questions it but his performances have declined to such an extent that Man Utd as his employers and the fans should be entitled to ask whether he's giving the correct attention to the job that got him into this position. At the very least we have to ask "how are you playing this poorly as a once promising player", and clearly there should be reasons, whether this is one of them out not.

Rocknrolla69er

Does nobody realise there's a clique involving Martial, Pogba, Lingaard and Rashford

3 of them have been pretty much shown they arnt wanted anymore, so how does the 4th react? He's sulking

It's so simple

So sell the 4th too

Deery

Dreary
Respect to Rashford usually with footballers you can tell their business ventures are just following the money eg property etc. with Rashford looks like his getting into something close to his heart.
There’s piles of money in children’s books, David Walliams made a fortune at it..

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Does nobody realise there's a clique involving Martial, Pogba, Lingaard and Rashford

3 of them have been pretty much shown they arnt wanted anymore, so how does the 4th react? He's sulking

It's so simple

So sell the 4th too
that’s a pretty innaccurate statement, only lingard isn’t wanted by the board.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
rashfoot only has a small input on the books. he’s just the ideas man. someone else writes it. you can tell that because in one of the books the hero repeatedly runs straight into a monster rather than around it.

DeGea’sFeet

There’s piles of money in children’s books, David Walliams made a fortune at it..
Good for him. I love it when people make money, especially when they make money following a passion or interest.

That’s something I’ve never understood about the U.K. and always respected about the USA. The U.K. has a culture of resenting working class people who become wealthy, whereas in the USA it’s celebrated.

clarkydaz

Good for him. I love it when people make money, especially when they make money following a passion or interest.

That’s something I’ve never understood about the U.K. and always respected about the USA. The U.K. has a culture of resenting working class people who become wealthy, whereas in the USA it’s celebrated.
do you love it when he makes loads of money moping around and sulking on the pitch?

DeGea’sFeet

He’ll love it even more when he gets a £300k a week contract..
You’d prefer the Glazers pocket that money instead of the players on the pitch? Now do I think £300k would be better off going on a world class player in his prime or split amongst 3 young very good hungry players that improve us? Obviously, I do. But not the players fault we’re a poorly run club .

Deery

Dreary
You’d prefer the Glazers pocket that money instead of the players on the pitch? Now do I think £300k would be better off going on a world class player in his prime or split amongst 3 young very good hungry players that improve us? Obviously, I do. But not the players fault we’re a poorly run club .
Prefer if they put it into a new stadium yeah, rather that rewarding mediocrity.

crossy1686

career ending
rashfoot only has a small input on the books. he’s just the ideas man. someone else writes it. you can tell that because in one of the books the hero repeatedly runs straight into a monster rather than around it.
You can also tell that because he said it was written and illustrated by other people that aren’t him in his tweet.

CraftySoAndSo

You sure about that?

Rocknrolla69er

that’s a pretty innaccurate statement, only lingard isn’t wanted by the board.
You believe Ragnick hasn't educated United about Pogba and Martial attitudes? Very naive, interesting Martial out on loan and stinking Sevilla up, and Pogbas had no further contract talks.......

But still some Bury their heads in the sand.

I say well done Ragnick on identifying the problems amongst the squad and addressing them. It's been needed for years.

UncleBob

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

studs

Very good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

When a player has been under performing, some would say for years, you can understand slightly why him going out on different tangents might not down too well with the fan base?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
You can also tell that because he said it was written and illustrated by other people that aren’t him in his tweet.
so he couldn’t even get an assist on his own book. typical.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I think the point with the books isn't that Rashford is sat in front of an oil lamp with quill and parchment all night after training.

It's just indicative of what we already know - he has an awful lot going on that is nothing to do with helping him in his day job. Whether it's giving light input into 3 books, or social media, or fashion businesses, or various charitable endeavours, or backslapping boxers, or some other commercial venture and the marketing of it.

When you're performing nobody questions it but his performances have declined to such an extent that Man Utd as his employers and the fans should be entitled to ask whether he's giving the correct attention to the job that got him into this position. At the very least we have to ask "how are you playing this poorly as a once promising player", and clearly there should be reasons, whether this is one of them out not.
Unless a coach comes out and says or insinuates that Rashford is not doing what is required of him in training (and if he's not, why is he starting), the question is moot.

iHicksy

I'm torn on this.

On the one hand I think players doing stuff like this is really good on a personal level. However, when I look at it from a purely football Pov I don't see the absolute best players in the world doing things like this. I can't imagine a young Ronaldo doing this for instance, he's shown to be a nice guy constantly paying for kids operations and donating huge sums of money to hospitals etc. But those are things that aren't eating into his time. Part of me thinks a ronaldo type is spending his spare time in the gym, getting massages, or watching videos of himself during games or sports analytics trying to improve. As much as I love the stuff that Rashford does outside of the pitch, it surely has to eat into the time he has to improve his game.

Even typing that it doesn't really sit well with me, since i'm not even sure how true it is - it's just a feeling and one i'm sure many fans share when they see a player underperform and put in little effort on the pitch while in the meantime they've got several irons in the fire outside of football which are all over social media and the papers.

DeGea’sFeet

When a player has been under performing, some would say for years, you can understand slightly why him going out on different tangents might not down too well with the fan base?
I disagree about the for years. Literally throughout Ole’s reign he was one the things that people pointed to as a plus of Ole’s management.

But I understand why this season people are not taking well to this. But my point is what would they rather he do in his off time? Drink, gamble, sleep with his brother’s wife?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I disagree about the for years. Literally throughout Ole’s reign he was one the things that people pointed to as a plus of Ole’s management.

But I understand why this season people are not taking well to this. But my point is what would they rather he do in his off time? Drink, gamble, sleep with his brother’s wife?
And David James showed that playing computer games all day isn't great either!

It's a difficult one. I think hobbies and suchlike are great, and it's a very awkward line of thinking to criticise his great work with starving kids etc.

But you feel some of our lads need to be a bit less visible with these extra ventures and how they're conducting themselves when their form is woeful.
Lingard another one - although he did have family problems etc. There's always these extra factors some don't add into the overall position.

AndySmith1990

Unless a coach comes out and says or insinuates that Rashford is not doing what is required of him in training (and if he's not, why is he starting), the question is moot.
Even when a manager does that, such as Mourinho with Martial and Pogba, fans still side with the player and ignore it

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I'm torn on this.

On the one hand I think players doing stuff like this is really good on a personal level. However, when I look at it from a purely football Pov I don't see the absolute best players in the world doing things like this. I can't imagine a young Ronaldo doing this for instance, he's shown to be a nice guy constantly paying for kids operations and donating huge sums of money to hospitals etc. But those are things that aren't eating into his time. Part of me thinks a ronaldo type is spending his spare time in the gym, getting massages, or watching videos of himself during games or sports analytics trying to improve. As much as I love the stuff that Rashford does outside of the pitch, it surely has to eat into the time he has to improve his game.

Even typing that it doesn't really sit well with me, since i'm not even sure how true it is - it's just a feeling and one i'm sure many fans share when they see a player underperform and put in little effort on the pitch while in the meantime they've got several irons in the fire outside of football which are all over social media and the papers.
Shut those thoughts down immediately! St Rashford and his team are doing this to save the worlds STARVING children. Your only reaction should be a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Do you hate the poor or something? You monster.

stevoc

And David James showed that playing computer games all day isn't great either!

It's a difficult one. I think hobbies and suchlike are great, and it's a very awkward line of thinking to criticise his great work with starving kids etc.

But you feel some of our lads need to be a bit less visible with these extra ventures and how they're conducting themselves when their form is woeful.
Lingard another one - although he did have family problems etc. There's always these extra factors some don't add into the overall position.
Plenty on here don't seem to struggle with it at all.

Abraxas

If the coaches knew exactly what the problem was and how to resolve it they would have done. That's one possibility. The other is they know what the problems are but Marcus does not respond, and due to our lack of options he plays. But he hasn't been a key man, they know he has been poor as they have eyes so it's not as if him playing is an argument that ends discussion.

It's one of a number of possibilities. He may also be out of time at Man Utd and that's what needs to change to fire him up. He may not be fitting into the new coaches footballing ideas. There are quite a few potential explanations but considering a huge drop in form has coincided with an increase in extra curricular activities and his profile it's not an illogical theory.

I don't see what saying it's moot adds to anything. It's not. That's why it's of interest and discussed.

Foxbatt

If the coaches knew exactly what the problem was and how to resolve it they would have done. That's one possibility. The other is they know what the problems are but Marcus does not respond, and due to our lack of options he plays. But he hasn't been a key man, they know he has been poor as they have eyes so it's not as if him playing is an argument that ends discussion.

It's one of a number of possibilities. He may also be out of time at Man Utd and that's what needs to change to fire him up. He may not be fitting into the new coaches footballing ideas. There are quite a few potential explanations but considering a huge drop in form has coincided with an increase in extra curricular activities and his profile it's not an illogical theory.

I don't see what saying it's moot adds to anything. It's not. That's why it's of interest and discussed.
Ralf has already said that he is training well but it is not showing during the game. In effect it is something we all can see during the match. He is not trying enough and he is too selfish to pass to another player when they are in better positions. And even his biggest supporter Ole has mentioned that too. His extra activities has affected his football. I mean Becks was giving everything on the pitch yet SAF felt it affected his football. Rashford is not half as good as Becks.

Abraxas

Ralf has already said that he is training well but it is not showing during the game. In effect it is something we all can see during the match. He is not trying enough and he is too selfish to pass to another player when they are in better positions. And even his biggest supporter Ole has mentioned that too. His extra activities has affected his football. I mean Becks was giving everything on the pitch yet SAF felt it affected his football. Rashford is not half as good as Becks.
True, but also the idea that he's good in training therefore cannot be distracted must be a bit of a misnomer anyway.

Plenty of players are supposedly great in training and do nothing on matchdays. I think the wider point around his off field stuff is his eye isn't necessarily on the ball. It's about more than training, it's being mentally and physically invested in footballing goals. A singular focus. That's what the best players have, and certainly what the players that fulfil potential have. Some are probably also better at juggling things and know the right amount to take on that it never becomes an issue.

It's all a bit speculative, admittedly, but it's been such a fall from grace it is strange. It's no longer just about not fulfilling his promise, it's about barely looking a premier league footballer, and certainly not a Man Utd footballer.

Foxbatt

True, but also the idea that he's good in training therefore cannot be distracted must be a bit of a misnomer anyway.

Plenty of players are supposedly great in training and do nothing on matchdays. I think the wider point around his off field stuff is his eye isn't necessarily on the ball. It's about more than training, it's being mentally and physically invested in footballing goals. A singular focus. That's what the best players have, and certainly what the players that fulfil potential have. Some are probably also better at juggling things and know the right amount to take on that it never becomes an issue.

It's all a bit speculative, admittedly, but it's been such a fall from grace it is strange. It's no longer just about not fulfilling his promise, it's about barely looking a premier league footballer, and certainly not a Man Utd footballer.
Agree. There may have been less talented players than Rashford playing or played for United but all had a work ethic on the pitch. The never stop effort. This is missing in him. Is it because of bad coaching or managing by Ole and Jose or simply he is too distracted or he thinks he is now good enough to walk into this team I do not know. All what we can see is that he is not making an effort for the whole time he is on the pitch.
This is an accusation that can be said about the three forwards we had or have. Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. So there is or was something wrong in this whole situation.

roseguy64

You believe Ragnick hasn't educated United about Pogba and Martial attitudes? Very naive, interesting Martial out on loan and stinking Sevilla up, and Pogbas had no further contract talks.......

But still some Bury their heads in the sand.

I say well done Ragnick on identifying the problems amongst the squad and addressing them. It's been needed for years.
Not to rain on your parade but Rangnick has had no impact on Pogba's future re: contract. It's Pogba that's delaying. The contract's been the same as it was in the summer. There's nothing to negotiate.

Pogba is just waiting to see what offers he can get from other teams and who United get as manager.

Additionally, Martial wanted off out on loan without Rangnick's input. That whole thing happened I think before Rangnick's first game or just after. I think Martial was coming back from injury so wouldn't have played regardless. He just decided unilaterally to leave and didn't attempt to fight for his place with a new manager in.

TLDR: Martial and Pogba have been the ones who forced things. Rangnick didn't decided anything for them/the club.

roseguy64

I'm torn on this.

You don't see the best players in the world having commercial interest outside of football and also doing charity? Rashford is barely doing anything more extreme than them. He's just in bad form so it looks worse.