Rashford is going ahead with surgery and could be out until October

Withnail

Wishing him a speedy recovery. So it’s surgery on the shoulder and simply rest/recovery on the ankle?

Reckon that means James and possibly Lingard stay now — if either were even close to moves away.
There was talk that they'd also take a look at the ankle in case it needed surgery too.

CM

Good to hear. Looking forward to seeing him fully fit again

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Good stuff, didn't like what sounded like the club trying to delay/stop it

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Better for him to miss a few months and be fully fit, than carry on and be semi fit for the whole season.

He's still very young and needs to get anything like that sorted out asap. Hopefully they can fix his ankle at the same time!

Can't wait to get a fully flying Rashy back

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The right and the smart decision. We have plenty of talent to win games without him and he should be in top shape for 2022 , so we can challenge in the CL.

Just don't rush coming back before you're fully recovered and we should see some great things from Rashford.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'd rather have him for the last 5 months of the season fit and healthy.

8thWonder

"He should have skipped the Euros and gotten the surgery and be ready for the new season."
"A player will always want to play in big international tournaments, it was an understandable decision"
"But he wasn't fit and didn't even play. It was a waste and he should have had the surgery instead."
"A player isn't going to miss the chance at experiencing a tournament that his country is one of the favourites for"
"But he didn't..."

Repeat forever, and you have this thread.
Generally this. But then occasionally this as well...

Disappointing decision from Rashford. Going to the Euros for that contribution was an absolute waste of time.

Hopefully Greenwood, Sancho and Martial go gangbusters to start the season and Rashford can't get back in the team.
Rashford, Martial and Pogba get this type of comment quite often... 'I'm not happy with this or that so I want him to fail'...

I don't even know what that is to be honest?!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Good. We should have done it sooner though. He would have been up and running at the beginning of the season

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So probably will be out until at least after the October international break, if not back to full fitness after the November one. In the league is missing:
  • Leeds
  • Southampton
  • Wolves
  • Newcastle
  • West Ham
  • Villa
  • Everton
  • October international break
  • Leicester
  • Liverpool
  • Spurs
  • City
  • November international break
Would be good to have him back fully fit right after the October break.

siw2007

Good to see this is going ahead. I think the club were hoping that the shoulder would heal naturally but I never think it’s a good idea to take risks with players fitness so I think we’ve come to the right outcome here. Rashford has struggled physically for the best part of 6 months, let’s just get it out of the way, I think the team will be fine with Sancho signing and possibly Elanga emerging as an option.

pacifictheme

I love Rashford but it does feel like he's delayed surgery until after the euros and his holiday. Should have been done ages ago.

Xaviboy

So Sancho on the left until October or when Rashford is back and Greenwood and James for the right side?

hobbers

Should have been done in June but nevertheless, better late than never.

RUCK4444

Big loss for the start to the season.

I’m glad it’s being sorted but we will miss him, even the half-fit version of him.

Glorio

Generally this. But then occasionally this as well...

Rashford, Martial and Pogba get this type of comment quite often... 'I'm not happy with this or that so I want him to fail'...

I don't even know what that is to be honest?!
Simply put, it's a terrible take.

All 3 players you mentioned thrill and frustrate from time to time, however, I always want them to do well at United. Surely if that happens that's the best case scenario and we'll all be happy ...

Right? :houllier:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Frustrating but has to be done. Basically cancels out the benefit of bringing in Sancho for a large chunk of the season leaving us no better off than last.

tomaldinho1

What about Amad?
Dan James/Lingard/Amad/Martial…maybe Elanga. we’ve got a lot of options. I personally think James will kick on this year if he plays on the left in front of Shaw and with less pressure on the LW. Sancho needs to play RW in my opinion for us to develop as a team.

Djemba-Djemba

So probably will be out until at least after the October international break, if not back to full fitness after the November one. In the league is missing:
  • Leeds
  • Southampton
  • Wolves
  • Newcastle
  • West Ham
  • Villa
  • Everton
  • October international break
  • Leicester
  • Liverpool
  • Spurs
  • City
  • November international break
Would be good to have him back fully fit right after the October break.
If he's back by then that's actually not a bad set of fixtures for him to miss.

We may have got lucky there.

KennyBurner

Hoping for a speedy recovery. He is our most direct player. He will surely be missed. I need Martial to be more aggressive in the meantime. Daniel James not needed either.

Zlatattack

No problem. We need a fully fit Rashford, an injured Rashford isn't that great. Martial, Sancho, Elanga and James can cover.