Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

I’m glad that ETH has got him back on track with coaching and general man management. Rashford used to be absolute turd on the right but ETH has managed to make him look pretty decent there.

Rashford hasn’t had proper development coaching arguably since he first broke through under LVG. Mourinho and Solskjaer weren’t the best managers to have at that stage for him.

Correct decision to give him the one year extension too. We should be dangling a carrot to players, not handing it to them right off the bat like that idiot Woodward was doing.

TheReligion

Abusive
Rashford confirms post match he over slept and was late to a team meeting.

Great to see him and EtH hugging at the full time whistle.

Drama over.

Frank White

Legit rolled my eyes reading the last few pages, there is so much revisionism. Rashford was absolutely shocking for over a season, few good games and all of that is completely forgotten and his fanboys are tripping over each other to defend him and get him a large contract. He has been playing better recently but there are fundamental flaws to his game, still. People will start to notice it more when we aren't winning.

And, yes he has always been a dickhead despite a large army behind him doing his PR work.
Based off of what exactly?

Stacks

This is my 3rd or 4th post in this thread, there's no need for sanctimonious BS. I couldn't care less to be proven right on a poll conducted few years ago, but the revisionism around him was annoying to read. When he inevitably hits a dip, and lot of his critics start digging up posts like these, that would be just as bad. If we go by his performances in last 2 season, then he didn't warrant a contract extension, which is what this thread was about. It's pathetic that some are gloating because they were proven "right" as he started scoring? Doesn't even make any sense, but I'll leave you all to continue the circle-jerk.

Considering he has found form this season, and how hilariously short we are in numbers, we should renew him. But, on sensible terms.
to be fair to you I believe PSG were potenitally interested for crazy fees so it wasn't an absurd position

RedDevilQuebecois

I’m glad that ETH has got him back on track with coaching and general man management. Rashford used to be absolute turd on the right but ETH has managed to make him look pretty decent there.

Rashford hasn’t had proper development coaching arguably since he first broke through under LVG. Mourinho and Solskjaer weren’t the best managers to have at that stage for him.

Correct decision to give him the one year extension too. We should be dangling a carrot to players, not handing it to them right off the bat like that idiot Woodward was doing.
Spot on.

Someone on Facebook wrote a very interesting comment about him. He said that Rashford now looks like someone who has grown from boy to man by being much stronger on the ball, more precise on shots and passes this season. Big kudos to Ten Hag for bringing Rashford back on track to become what he was destined to be.

I am afraid you lose all credibility when you try and justify a bad opinion by referring to the last two seasons - in one of which he had 36 goal contributions and was obviously struggling with injury towards the end of it. He had a bad 6 months after an operation and under a terrible manager. That’s it.

Renew on terms appropriate for a world class left winger or lose him for free to City or PSG. That’s the choice we now have.
This is a point I spent most of my first six months on this forum attempting to make, largely unsuccessfully.

Rashford had a perfectly fine season in 2020/21 - it's extremely easy when you watch a player for 90 minutes to nitpick every wrong decision he makes and, at the end of a game in which he produces a decisive goal or assist, come out saying "good stats, yeah, but he was shit for 90% of the game". Maybe it's just time to accept that when a 23 year old forward gets double digits in goals and assists in a Premier League season, he might actually be good!

I'm willing to bet the most vocal posters doubling down on their Yes votes right now are the ones who (during the previous summer) mocked the idea that we'd need to spend upwards of 50 million to replace Rashford with an equally useful player. Going by what Sancho and Antony have shown so far at their price tags, 100 million is probably more accurate :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
So if I've got this right:

Bad performance = "85% of us knew we shouldn't waste our time"
Good performance = "85% :lol: idiots"

Ad nauseum

roseguy64

I can see through his image, I've heard enough about him to know he's a bit of a c*ck. People are trying to paint last 18 months as poor form, conveniently forgetting the shameless PR/Social Media which made him look a twat, trying to fight fans, not looking arsed untill he's ready for a contract renewal, flirting with PSG and Barca....I don't think I'll ever like him.
He was simply late for a meeting. FFS.

Posh Red

I can see through his image, I've heard enough about him to know he's a bit of a c*ck. People are trying to paint last 18 months as poor form, conveniently forgetting the shameless PR/Social Media which made him look a twat, trying to fight fans, not looking arsed untill he's ready for a contract renewal, flirting with PSG and Barca....I don't think I'll ever like him.
I find it mad that a United fan can feel this way about Rashford. A home grown goal scorer who does great things for the local community and his country. I can’t see what real evidence there is to support the claim he’s a bad guy.

roseguy64

One or two people pop up with saying he's awful in person but then that's countered by the overwhelming opinion that he's a good lad. So y'all are gonna need to provide proof of him being horrible. And yes I'm giving him a pass on showing the middle finger to the fan abusing him.

footballbite

Mourinho maybe, but Solskjaer played to Rashford's strengths in setting up the team to play on the counter attack.

Rashford had his best season in 19-20 under Ole with 17 goals in 31 PL games.

The problem was that he ended up getting overplayed while struggling with injuries, largely due to Utd having no one else good enough to rotate him with. His dip in form was largely due to this and explains the results of the poll above.

I wasn't posting on this forum when the poll was made but I'm pretty sure I would have argued and voted for Utd to keep him - his quality never went away, the problem was he'd been run in to the ground, plus then got distracted by off-field issues.

Utd need to sign another top goalscorer again as well ideally in Jan, or at least in summer, or else they' might fall in to the trap of becoming over-reliant on him again. But it surely goes without saying now that they need to do all they can to get him a new deal as he's carrying the forward line.

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

Rashford confirms post match he over slept and was late to a team meeting.

Great to see him and EtH hugging at the full time whistle.

Drama over.
Yet some couldn't wait to sink their claws in with vitriol and glee at the fact he was dropped. There are some shocking takes in this thread.

But most importantly Rashford is doing all hos talking on the pitch, as he has done for the majority of his United career.

RedOrange

Hindsight is 20/20 so it's easy to say the 85% where wrong and 15% would have given a contract, they where using blind faith because there where no signs he was going to get back to his best.
It should be noted that this poll was taken in August after everyone had watched Rashford openly moping and sulking on the pitch for several months and PSG were rumored to be interested. It's a yes/no question but most people probably meant they were willing to sell him for a big transfer fee, not feck him off for some magic beans.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It should be noted that this poll was taken in August after everyone had watched Rashford openly moping and sulking on the pitch for several months and PSG were rumored to be interested. It's a yes/no question but most people probably meant they were willing to sell him for a big transfer fee, not feck him off for some magic beans.
They're still idiots.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
It's a useful exercise in remembering that most posts on the caf are bad takes. That's all really. The point is that it turns out he is a really good player and selling him would have been 85% stupid. As we now have a list of the worst offenders we should try to make use of it.
I would love to know your thought process and meaning here.

Do you want to:
1. Call them out individually and subject them to abuse?
2. Try to get them banned?
3. Go round to their house and beat them up?

You are really taking this stupid poll very far mate. Disturbingly so.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I would love to know your thought process and meaning here.

Do you want to:
1. Call them out individually and subject them to abuse?
2. Try to get them banned?
3. Go round to their house and beat them up?

You are really taking this stupid poll very far mate. Disturbingly so.
No that would be silly. I will just mock them collectively unless one happens to post something I disagree with. In that case I might remind them they are 85%-ers and not actually entitled to an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.