What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Must be doing something right to impress a 5x CL winner
Consequence of the club being in the wilderness for years, doubt the 5 time CL winners pay much attention to what football is on on a Thursday night :(

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I can see through his image, I've heard enough about him to know he's a bit of a c*ck. People are trying to paint last 18 months as poor form, conveniently forgetting the shameless PR/Social Media which made him look a twat, trying to fight fans, not looking arsed untill he's ready for a contract renewal, flirting with PSG and Barca....I don't think I'll ever like him.
I can smell the UKIP from here

Suv666

voted for sell but he’s been brilliant. Reckon there might have been some truth to the stories that he was overworked and injured last season.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Have sign him to a contract, he’s looking like he’s finding his pre Bruno form just before the injury, where ironically he came on against wolves to save us in one of the cups.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
This thread and my debates with some of the short-sighted folks who voted sell will never cease to amaze me. This wasn't even one of those let's take a bet on potential players, this was a top player (on and off the pitch) who people wanted to write off for a loss. Absolutely baffling. Now this may just be a purple patch, but the fact that he has purple patches like these as a winger is reason enough to keep. We spent a fortune on Antony and Sancho who were statistically better before they came here - and they're yet to match what Rashford produces.

Please for Rashford, though - long may this continue.

Woziak

Never doubted him tbf, he will be a player that only gets better when he works with very technical managers like LVG and ETH. He needs love and discipline in equal measures and he needs definite targets, had he been picked from the start against France, I genuinely think him and saka would have terrorised the French. I do not doubt Sancho either who needs to be loved and he will also come good. So yes new 5 year contract because he’s worth £100m plus I’m this ridiculous market.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Turned around his career big time, he and ETH deserve credit for that. Hope he continues to push and gets a louder alsrm clock

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I was in the vote sell list but that doesn’t mean I’m not happy about his contribution this season so far. Rashford had been out of form for a really long time and I’d long since stopped enjoying watching him play, it even looked like he’d stopped enjoying playing.

If we had got a big offer for him at the time of the poll I wouldn’t have minded too much if it had happened from a football perspective but it would have been sad losing a home grown talent that had shown such promise. Nothing personal at all, I just thought something needed to change for all parties.

He’s clearly in a much better place physically and mentally and he’s being loads more effective on the pitch. I and, I’d imagine, most of the people on that list will be very happy about his current form, hoping it continues and improves even more.

edit: cracking goal yesterday.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
This situation turned out about as good as it could’ve, considering the circumstances, for everyone.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Very happy to be here with the humble pie gang. Voted to sell, on the basis of a big fee and him not returning to former glories. Far happier that he’s turned it around though

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I was in the vote sell list but that doesn’t mean I’m not happy about his contribution this season so far. Rashford had been out of form for a really long time and I’d long since stopped enjoying watching him play, it even looked like he’d stopped enjoying playing.

If we had got a big offer for him at the time of the poll I wouldn’t have minded too much if it had happened from a football perspective but it would have been sad losing a home grown talent that had shown such promise. Nothing personal at all, I just thought something needed to change for all parties.

He’s clearly in a much better place physically and mentally and he’s being loads more effective on the pitch. I and, I’d imagine, most of the people on that list will be very happy about his current form, hoping it continues and improves even more.

edit: cracking goal yesterday.
Exactly this.

Any true Utd fan is delighted for the upturn in his performance as it makes the team better.
Any player who has a long sustained run of bad form should not be looked upon as an asset to our team, regardless of who he is. That's just football. The team is much more important than the individual.
Could you imagine Pep or SAF giving Rashford 18m to sort himself out.
Some fanboys here seem to love the players more than the club and care more about Rashford playing well ,to score imaginary points against imaginary friends, than the team winning. Im looking at you @glazed.
Maybe our lack of success has developed this attitude, I dont know, but 90% of CAF threads now are about individuals rather than the team.

Anyway, long may Rashford's form continue. Hopefully he can drag a few others up too.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Some fanboys here seem to love the players more than the club and care more about Rashford playing well ,to score imaginary points against imaginary friends, than the team winning. Im looking at you @glazed.
I'm not a Rashford fanboy. We can all see he'd been bad for a while. What the 85%-ers miserably failed to see is why. And that's why they don't get to have an opinion any more. Because they just spew out bad takes on everything and have for years. Ole is a good coach. Ronaldo can press. The Glazers have put money into transfers. Hire Conte. Hire Zidane. Keep de Gea. It's the players fault. High press is a bad idea. Sell Rashford. It's a relentless stream of stupidity.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I'm not a Rashford fanboy. We can all see he'd been bad for a while. What the 85%-ers miserably failed to see is why. And that's why they don't get to have an opinion any more. Because they just spew out bad takes on everything and have for years. Ole is a good coach. Ronaldo can press. The Glazers have put money into transfers. Hire Conte. Hire Zidane. Keep de Gea. It's the players fault. High press is a bad idea. Sell Rashford. It's a relentless stream of stupidity.
Not sure how you got it in your head that it’s you who gets to decide who can give an opinion or not but I would venture that such a disposition falls under the banner of ‘relentless stream of stupidity’. Nevertheless happy new year to you. Hope people upset you less in 2023!

glazed

Not sure how you got it in your head that it’s you who gets to decide who can give an opinion or not but I would venture that such a disposition falls under the banner of ‘relentless stream of stupidity’. Nevertheless happy new year to you. Hope people upset you less in 2023!
Another 85%-er speaks. What you should really be saying is "I was completely wrong and I will try to do better in 2023."

Obviously I have no power to limit anybody's opinion, nor do I really want to. I'm just messing because so many people managed to be so amazingly wrong so recently. But the serious point remains - too many bad takes discredit the forum as a whole. Happy new year to you.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
What the 85%-ers miserably failed to see is why. And that's why they don't get to have an opinion any more.
:lol:

You do realise that the 85% who voted sell are no doubt very split over a range of other subjects. They don’t just all think as one stupid entity. Rashford is just one subject.

I’d also wager that a lot of that 85% probably agree with you over different subjects so dismissing their opinions as a whole regarding one difference of opinion is really silly.

Threesus

Can the mods please lock this thread? We are not even halfway through the season. The decision to renew him must be taken at the end of the season where we can do a thorough evaluation.

There is no right or wrong opinion. We must do what’s the best for the club in the end.

glazed

You do realise that the 85% who voted sell are no doubt very split over a range of other subjects....dismissing their opinions as a whole regarding one difference of opinion is really silly.
I know but it's fun. And this is the thread where it's allowed (unless it is locked in which case it goes global.)

Love the name “85%-er”, fantastic @glazed :D
It's the new Caf shorthand for bad kneejerk takes. I would exclude matchday threads though as that is the natural home of bad kneejerk takes and they would be no fun without them.

There is no right or wrong opinion. We must do what’s the best for the club in the end.
It's one of those where there is in fact a clear wrong opinion. Enjoy it.

SAF is the GOAT

Rashford needs to stay here because he sees from within the project and he knows that we're gonna win things

slored1

I was wrong as well. Started doubting him and after the Brentford loss thought that time was up for him. Glad I was wrong and I really hope he resigns.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Another 85%-er speaks. What you should really be saying is "I was completely wrong and I will try to do better in 2023."

Obviously I have no power to limit anybody's opinion, nor do I really want to. I'm just messing because so many people managed to be so amazingly wrong so recently. But the serious point remains - too many bad takes discredit the forum as a whole. Happy new year to you.
Dear me. I want to say those words out of a spirit of Christmas goodwill but every time I try a bit of sick comes up.

like he was soooo bad… so so so so bad, like ‘I can’t place a simple pass five yards bad’. Or I’ll walk about the halfway line having a strop as goal no. 4 goes in against us bad. Or four players are ahead of me sprinting into space and we desperately need a goal I’ll take a shot from 45 yards that dribbles harmlessly into the keepers lap’ bad.

Does look a different beast under ETH though, I’ve never seen him play better. Has a genuine shout at becoming world class I’d say but let’s see it over a whole season.

I say we just pin the blame on Ole and move on or reopen the poll. Bet 85% including me would change their votes now. Not letting you bastards have any moral victory because you voted in a way that at the time defied any reasonable metric of common sense though. You cheeky gits :lol:

glazed

Dear me. I want to say those words out of a spirit of Christmas goodwill but every time I try a bit of sick comes up...

I say we just pin the blame on Ole and move on or reopen the poll. Bet 85% including me would change their votes now. Not letting you bastards have any moral victory because you voted in a way that at the time defied any reasonable metric of common sense though. You cheeky gits :lol:
Nice try. Now line up for you 85%-er red hot brand. It will only hurt for a second...

He was pretty bad tbf

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is beating his man again. Outrunning, outmuscling, mazy runs. Thats the Rashford I know. There was a period under Ole when he just passed it to other team mates, thats when his performances started going downhill. He is not that kind of player.

AlPistacho

Looks like he might just be becoming that multifunctional winger/forward who at 24/25 starts delivering goals on a regular basis.

Dion

Looks like he might just be becoming that multifunctional winger/forward who at 24/25 starts delivering goals on a regular basis.
You mean like the 21 year old Marcus Rashford who got 13 goals and 10 assists four seasons ago? Or the 22 year old Marcus Rashford who got 22 goals and 12 assists 3 seasons ago? Or was it the 23 year old Marcus Rashford who got and 21 goals and 15 assists two seasons ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.