Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

Is he the leak? The timing of the dropping would make sense if he was and finally got caught.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Aside from the contract, let's wait and see if we actually learn why he's been benched.

He's come on in the second half, so it's not like he's pulled a Ronaldo.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
That's such a lame excuse. Players are accountable for their own performances and attitude. Rash for rd deserved criticism at the time
Yes he deserved criticism for playing badly. But it was clear to me that no player could prosper in such a dysfunctional environment, especially not a young one. The solution was bringing in a good coach, introducing a modern system of play and stopping Woodward and the Glazers buying and keeping the wrong players. Which we've mostly done. And in a shock development some of our players who were being written off now look a lot better.

The 85% just need to admit they were wrong and sit in the corner, not try to justify themselves.

diarm

Doubt it. He sits out for longer than 45 minutes if that's the case imo.
Yeah you’re right. In my defence - I posted that question 30 seconds before I saw he was coming on.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I can see through his image, I've heard enough about him to know he's a bit of a c*ck. People are trying to paint last 18 months as poor form, conveniently forgetting the shameless PR/Social Media which made him look a twat, trying to fight fans, not looking arsed untill he's ready for a contract renewal, flirting with PSG and Barca....I don't think I'll ever like him.
Legit rolled my eyes reading the last few pages, there is so much revisionism. Rashford was absolutely shocking for over a season, few good games and all of that is completely forgotten and his fanboys are tripping over each other to defend him and get him a large contract. He has been playing better recently but there are fundamental flaws to his game, still. People will start to notice it more when we aren't winning.

And, yes he has always been a dickhead despite a large army behind him doing his PR work.

glazed

Legit rolled my eyes reading the last few pages, there is so much revisionism. Rashford was absolutely shocking for over a season, few good games and all of that is completely forgotten and his fanboys are tripping over each other to defend him and get him a large contract. He has been playing better recently but there are fundamental flaws to his game, still. People will start to notice it more when we aren't winning.

And, yes he has always been a dickhead despite a large army behind him doing his PR work.
Sorry were you saying something...?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some jerking of knees in here yet again

Kush

Sorry were you saying something...?
And, I still stand by it. Rashford had a poor 2020/21 season and even worse 2021/22 season. At the time this poll was done, it was pretty obvious to a lot of us he needs selling not only for his atrocious performances on field but off-field drama too. Just because he is in good form now doesn't mean you can rewrite history. And, yes he is a dickhead. We have enough to go by it.

Stacks

He has 104 goals and 61 assists in 325 United appearances. I feel people were more looking at his body of work rather than discarding him after a bad season or so

glazed

And, I still stand by it. Rashford had a poor 2020/21 season and even worse 2021/22 season. At the time this poll was done, it was pretty obvious to a lot of us he needs selling not only for his atrocious performances on field but off-field drama too. Just because he is in good form now doesn't mean you can rewrite history. And, yes he is a dickhead. We have enough to go by it.
Fair enough. The 85% will not be silenced. I think you should be their official spokesman.

Oh he scored again while I was typing (edit: disallowed)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Should be an absolute keep. An in form Rashford is one of the best players in the league.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great performance and it's why we needed Gakpo. He should be our starting CF on current form

-Supreme-

Well done for ETH showing who’s the boss once again, no player is bigger than the club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bailing us out, he is looking physically stronger too. Long may it continue

Kush

Fair enough. The 85% will not be silenced. I think you should be their official spokesman.

Oh he scored again while I was typing (edit: disallowed)
This is my 3rd or 4th post in this thread, there's no need for sanctimonious BS. I couldn't care less to be proven right on a poll conducted few years ago, but the revisionism around him was annoying to read. When he inevitably hits a dip, and lot of his critics start digging up posts like these, that would be just as bad. If we go by his performances in last 2 season, then he didn't warrant a contract extension, which is what this thread was about. It's pathetic that some are gloating because they were proven "right" as he started scoring? Doesn't even make any sense, but I'll leave you all to continue the circle-jerk.

Considering he has found form this season, and how hilariously short we are in numbers, we should renew him. But, on sensible terms.

Doracle

This is my 3rd or 4th post in this thread, there's no need for sanctimonious BS. I couldn't care less to be proven right on a poll conducted few years ago, but the revisionism around him was annoying to read. When he inevitably hits a dip, and lot of his critics start digging up posts like these, that would be just as bad. If we go by his performances in last 2 season, then he didn't warrant a contract extension, which is what this thread was about. It's pathetic that some are gloating because they were proven "right" as he started scoring? Doesn't even make any sense, but I'll leave you all to continue the circle-jerk.

Considering he has found form this season, and how hilariously short we are in numbers, we should renew him. But, on sensible terms.
I am afraid you lose all credibility when you try and justify a bad opinion by referring to the last two seasons - in one of which he had 36 goal contributions and was obviously struggling with injury towards the end of it. He had a bad 6 months after an operation and under a terrible manager. That’s it.

Renew on terms appropriate for a world class left winger or lose him for free to City or PSG. That’s the choice we now have.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB

You don’t sell your best attacking player with many years ahead of him and a clubproduct, even after a bad season (where everyone was bad).

glazed

This is my 3rd or 4th post in this thread, there's no need for sanctimonious BS. I couldn't care less to be proven right on a poll conducted few years ago, but the revisionism around him was annoying to read. When he inevitably hits a dip, and lot of his critics start digging up posts like these, that would be just as bad.
It's a useful exercise in remembering that most posts on the caf are bad takes. That's all really. The point is that it turns out he is a really good player and selling him would have been 85% stupid. As we now have a list of the worst offenders we should try to make use of it.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I am afraid you lose all credibility when you try and justify a bad opinion by referring to the last two seasons - in one of which he had 36 goal contributions and was obviously struggling with injury towards the end of it. He had a bad 6 months after an operation and under a terrible manager. That’s it.

Renew on terms appropriate for a world class left winger or lose him for free to City or PSG. That’s the choice we now have.
I think this is pretty much it, he needs a big contract at his age.

We have a really good manager now, and Rashford in this form frightens any team.

ETH is getting more out of the players in general so it's keep Rashford and pay him what he deserves or spend years throwing £90-100ms at players trying to replace him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
FFS he overslept and missed a team meeting

Unacceptable, sell. Never want to see him in the shirt again

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Man Utd about to announce a global partnership with an Alarm Clock company

Status
Not open for further replies.