Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurtej

He is a virus and a perfect example of what is wrong with this club…..

Sell at any cost!!!!!

Redlyn

Sell for whatever we can get. If it's a bag of crisps so be it.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Why would PSG buy him? They don't always make the smartest decisions as far as team balance, but they don't buy scrubs either.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Give him an extension till 2024 and sell him in 2023. Let's see how he does under the next manager but personally I don't expect him to be worth the wages and am worried well give him a proper new deal.

amolbhatia50k

Why would PSG buy him? They don't always make the smartest decisions as far as team balance, but they don't buy scrubs either.
Absolutely. Your team is of too high a level to be looking at duds like Rashford. If we sell him it'll be a much worse team.

amolbhatia50k

One of the issues with our team is a lack of football intelligence. Rashford is one of the busiest culprits in this regard.

jackal&hyde

Has a contract till 2024 so there is no rush to do either. Deserves another season to show what he can do and we decide next summer what there is to be done.

Gums

Has a contract till 2024 so there is no rush to do either. Deserves another season to show what he can do and we decide next summer what there is to be done.
This, but I disagree that he deserves it. If the club moves him on, he only has himself to blame. But I do hope he stays another year and regains some kind of quality with a new manager and a new approach. I know this kind of hopeful, wishful thinking has left us disappointed in the past, but I don‘t seem to be able to shake it.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I thought he grew up a Manchester fan, shouldn’t need incentives.
Cantona was bought from Leeds, Roy Keane from Nottingham, while Rashford and Lingard are "home bred". Please tell me how "growing up United fan" is important.

Being an academy product, all that means is that the club has saved money on getting you. Every club needs it to healthily manage finances but in reality it has very little to do with if you are gonna give your all. That is just a cold reality, sentimentalism aside

Real Name

To those that want him to be given another season, I’m sure you’ll all be complaining why the club didn’t extend his contract when he leaves on a free transfer.
Thanks.

Well some will complain, some wont. Personally I think he should be given a chance under ETH. Although as it was said here his attitude is the biggest problem along with the form or after form. He thinks he's done it all and that oozes of him when you see him play. Dont know if that will change and will ETH succeed in changing it.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He's just scored over 20 goals two seasons in a row before this one. There's clearly a player in there who can contribute, the whole squad this season have been awful (bar maybe 2 players).

The issue is we're losing Cavani, Lingard, Martial, Mata, Greenwood this summer.

Our first team attacking options for next season are Rashford, Ronaldo and Sancho for the front 3 positions. We have absolutely no depth. We should really have 6 players competing for the front 3 spots. ETH will have to see if he fancies the likes of Elanga/Amad, but realistically we already need to be planning on signing 2 new attackers this summer, and that's assuming Rashford stays. I wouldn't be massively against selling Rashford under the right circumstances, but the circumstances realistically couldn't be any worse than this summer, we have no attacking players left.
I hear you and its a dire situation but there is a whole window to sign replacements.
The club have to start planning for replacing Rashford as a starter

Circumstances mean for him he'll luckily get one more season. He might be able to salvage something

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Yesterday there were only 87 votes for offering him a new contract, now its 101.

Who are these 14 knobjockeys ?? :eek:

CM

If any half decent offer comes in for him he should be gone. It sends completely the wrong message keeping someone like Rashford around playing the way he is.

I'm not even really interested in whether there's potential for an upturn in form next season now, he's too far gone.

PSV

I wouldn't even give him next season based on this one, but I doubt we'll find many suitors this summer.

Being out of form and lacking confidence is one thing, not being bothered something completely else.

I would be genuinely surprised if he returns to stardom.

Preggy99

Purely based on footballing reasons: Sell

His decision making on the pitch is awful, it seems every time he gets the ball at his feet he either:

• attempts to dribble at full speed with his head down and loses it or it ricochets off him back to the opposition
  • has the 1st touch of a JCB digger and loses it
  • actually gets it under control and attempts a pass/cross which is normally the wrong option
I don't see a manager or coaching team coming in who could improve him at this point. It's a SELL from me.

redmanx

Give him an extension till 2024 and sell him in 2023. Let's see how he does under the next manager but personally I don't expect him to be worth the wages and am worried well give him a proper new deal.
I agree, Rashford has been brilliant in the past, but he has to step up and reaffirm his desire not only to play but to play for United. Maybe, just maybe, ETH will be just what Rashford needs to come good again, but Id only give one more season and tell him so; he has the ability and perhaps without the influence of Pogba, Martial and Lingard he'll knuckle down and be the player we all know he can be, but it has to be "last chance saloon!"

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Same problem as with Martial. If you're not "in" it and you don't want it, all the talent is for nothing. Hence both will not make it here for much longer if it continues

MayfieldsFinest

I don't think Rashford's development has been helped by having 4 managers (all with completely different philosophies) and numerous different strike partners.

gajender

I agree, Rashford has been brilliant in the past, but he has to step up and reaffirm his desire not only to play but to play for United. Maybe, just maybe, ETH will be just what Rashford needs to come good again, but Id only give one more season and tell him so; he has the ability and perhaps without the influence of Pogba, Martial and Lingard he'll knuckle down and be the player we all know he can be, but it has to be "last chance saloon!"
This is another disingenuous narrative being built by some of the posters like you on here when Rashford PR antics and management while being consistently sub par and totally use less on field is far more manipulative and damaging than anything others can be accused of .

izec

Milk Newcastle dry, they would buy him for a good amount. His off the pitch heroics are a welcome boost for the Saudis.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Maguire, Pogba etc have their faults, but Rashford is by far the most dislikeable twat amongst our entire squad.

Thick as shit, lazy, entitled with a serious attitude problem. What a combination.

Just get rid of the fecker

Last edited:

gajender

Milk Newcastle dry, they would buy him for a good amount. His off the pitch heroics are a welcome boost for the Saudis.
How Newcastle went about their transfer business in January Window doesn't give me any indication that would be slightly interested in Rashford even with his Off Field profile .

redmanx

Thanks.

Well some will complain, some wont. Personally I think he should be given a chance under ETH. Although as it was said here his attitude is the biggest problem along with the form or after form. He thinks he's done it all and that oozes of him when you see him play. Dont know if that will change and will ETH succeed in changing it.
Its often seemed to me that Rashford was too easily influenced by the likes of Pogba, Martial and Lingard who all seemed to be using the Club for their own ends. With these bad eggs gone hopefully Rashford will apply himself again, stop sulking and concentrate on doing what he's paid to do, play football.

Real Name

Its often seemed to me that Rashford was too easily influenced by the likes of Pogba, Martial and Lingard who all seemed to be using the Club for their own ends. With these bad eggs gone hopefully Rashford will apply himself again, stop sulking and concentrate on doing what he's paid to do, play football.
Yup, hopefully with the team clearout he'll clear out his mind also and get it back to football.

TOPREDIAMNOT

Let's face with Rashy and Mctom in this first team we are not going anywhere.

Sell or give away. Just get rid.

Bestietom

If we could get 50/55 million for him this summer I would sell, and bring a couple of players in.

Red_toad

can’t believe Ronaldo was telling him where to go and had to drop into his position to cover for him. Lack of effort was criminal, there’s no excuse I can think of, life long United supporter and just doesn’t put in the effort.

Water Melon

What has Marcus Rashford produced to deserve a new contract? He has only gotten worse. Give him his last chance until January to prove that he is an inportant asset. If he does not deliver? Sell. Who cares is he is homegrown or not. The main criterion is whether he is good enough to play for United under ETH.

Robertd0803

No new contract, that would be utterly bonkers at the moment.

Let him have next season to sort himself out and see what Ten Hag can do with him and then decide based on that.

Ace of Spades

Sell, if it was just about a loss of form I could be a bit more patient, but he just does nothing right now. Absolute waste of a player, it is like playing with 10 men.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don’t think he’s ever been as great as made out, he was very good and what was the ‘great’ thing about him was what he could be. Looks like he’s going the other way sadly.

Id give him another year but probably as a squad player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don’t think he’s ever been as great as made out, he was very good and what was the ‘great’ thing about him was what he could be. Looks like he’s going the other way sadly.

Yep he was always going to be a peak Walcott/Sturridge. Don't think he will be more - we should cash in before he falls consistently to their lows too.

Lentwood

Rashford was never easy on the eye but at least those who defended him could point to a somewhat reasonable goals and assists record. Even though many of us pointed out it was easy to pick hole in that.

Now he's struggling on that front too, all you have are his rotten performances. His technical ability is worse than some players I have seen in the Championship.

It's a sell for whatever we can get for me. He'll be the next Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.