Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Last 5 PL apps:
Huddersfield 20 mins
Spurs 0 mins
Burnley 11 mins
Stoke 11 mins
Everton 13 mins
Trend's more important than looking (as so many do) at the season as a whole.
We have a manager who is reluctant to playing him in a striker role even when our top striker is not scoring goals.
Already at 20 yrs he’s made 15 apps for his country. Time will come he won’t (and shouldn’t) accept not starting games.
He was dropped because his form was absolutely rotten, not because Sanchez came.

AkaAkuma

Because all the other young strikers outside of the top 6 are tearing it up? Or for that matter any striker?

Having a squad role at United beats scoring a few extra goals a season at watford. There's plenty of time left in his career to step down a level if he needs to.

crossy1686

career ending

Can this tosser shut up already?
He can't go back on it now can he? He's made such a big deal about it despite the overwhelming evidence suggesting Rashford gets the most minutes. Rashford and Lingard will both make the plane to Russia in the summer despite what he says.

POF

Do you honestly think if he went on loan or was sold it would be to a team like Huddersfield? I can already see Wenger licking his lips. God forbid it doesn't happen.
You think United would sell or loan him to Arsenal? Unless he ran his contract down, there is no way United would let him go to an EPL rival.

As for whether Arsenal would be a good move for him, after spending over £100m on 2 strikers this season, I think he would struggle to start up front there.

simplyared

Because all the other young strikers outside of the top 6 are tearing it up? Or for that matter any striker?

Having a squad role at United beats scoring a few extra goals a season at watford. There's plenty of time left in his career to step down a level if he needs to.
You obviously don't recognize the qualities and skills of the player. Unbelievable to see how people on the caf value him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He did also say this:

”Mourinho has said Sanchez can be an inspiration to Rashford but I don't think that's what he needs right now. We're talking about an established England international. There is only one way to learn, and it's not by sitting next to someone in the dressing room, it's by playing in the team.”

We keep hearing about how a non-participating Zlatan is good to have around as he can be a mentor for Rashford. Now it’s Sanchez turn to be an inspiration to him. What a load of bullshit! So in that respect Rednapp is spot on!

Facts are Rashford’s situation is a difficult one and not easily solved especially after the arrival of Sanchez. So why should the caf go into a meltdown just because a pundit goes out and says he may have to play his football elsewhere? It’s not as if coming to that conclusion is rocket science exactly. Would hate to see that happen myself but you certainly cannot ignore it. Maybe it’s because the pundit was a Liverpool player or he just touched on a nerve. However one thing is for sure Rashford’s situation needs sorting out pretty quick!
Absolute hyperbole and just plain old fashioned bollocks to be frank.

He’s 20 years old playing for arguably the biggest club in the world. He’s played virtually every game this season and is in the top 10 for minutes played.

I think people use the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi and co as references and assume that all young attackers need to be first choice to develop.

Ronaldo’s season at the same age, he played 2400 Premier League minutes and 3700 overall.

Rashford has played 1300 EPL and 2000 overall so far and there is still a guaranteed 15 matches still to be played and potentially more if we progress in cups.

The idea that he’s being stifled or is in some way stagnating is preposterous. His form has dipped a bit but that’s expected at that age and the way we know his form had dipped is because he’s been getting plenty of game time to prove it!

vangagal

Do you honestly think if he went on loan or was sold it would be to a team like Huddersfield? I can already see Wenger licking his lips. God forbid it doesn't happen.
You are deluded if you think Wenger would play Rashford instead if Aubameyang. You are more worrying about Rashford getting sidelined because his form is atracious instead of United progessing? Remind me again how many goals he had this season?
Do you also think Rashford is a bit like Messi too? He's far from ready to lead the line for United.

Kag

I'm genuinely critical of young players not getting minutes but Rashford gets plenty of game time.

He's on the pitch every single game - literally. Yes, he isn't playing up top, but he's not our best striker and it would be negligent to rely on him as a first choice central striker.

At the moment, he's playing all across the front and doing just fine. Out of form a little, ay, but no major concern. I'm not worried about him one bit.

Redknapp is a testicle.

AkaAkuma

You obviously don't recognize the qualities and skills of the player. Unbelievable to see how people on the caf value him.
I rate him, but if he left now he'd be fighting the rest of his life to get back to this level.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I rate him, but if he left now he'd be fighting the rest of his life to get back to this level.
I don't think so. He'd be lethal at Spurs or Liverpool. I think all of our forwards are struggling a bit under Jose. We aren't as fluid and run out of ideas at times.

Rashford is inexperienced and needs guidance. I also don't think him being used as a sub every game will help and the only player he can realistically force out of the team would be Martial. Or he hopes for an injury to one of our forwards.

I can see Redknapps point of view. He said it probably a month to early though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He was dropped because his form was absolutely rotten, not because Sanchez came.
This. He can force his way back in but I don't think he's taking the competition that well (became greedier since Martial became first choice).

How many 20 year olds are playing up front in starting XI?
It's quite normal for forwards to start on the wing and Rashford wasn't even a CF at youth level.
The idea that he should go on loan is silly. He's played more games than anyone in the squad this season.
Also, how does Sanchez block his path to being a CF?
Guessing he's comparing Rashford to Abraham (funnily enough, Abraham has played just 70 minutes more in the league).

I think it is best to just ask the player what he wants - whether he's fine with the minutes he gets here in various positions or if he wants a loan move out to somewhere to play purely as a striker. I think the latter would make it harder for him to get his way into the team though as we'd need to bring in a replacement unless we use Pereira.

Paul778

As usual the redknapp is talking for clicks.

Rashford is doing just fine. Not playing him every game and allowing him to gel in training is the way.

Why do we insist on feast or famine the whole time? There is a middle path.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I don't think so. He'd be lethal at Spurs or Liverpool. I think all of our forwards are struggling a bit under Jose. We aren't as fluid and run out of ideas at times.

Rashford is inexperienced and needs guidance. I also don't think him being used as a sub every game will help and the only player he can realistically force out of the team would be Martial. Or he hopes for an injury to one of our forwards.

I can see Redknapps point of view. He said it probably a month to early though.
He’s inexperienced and needs time. He makes poor decisions at times but will develop. I’m not sure how moving will bring him on? He wouldn’t be first choice at Spuds or Arse

Coleyoscar

Rashford is a great lad and deserves our support. The concern of some pundits is entirely contrived. He couldn't be at a better club.

AP88

Supports
Man City
A loan would do him good - Evans, Cleverley and Welbeck all had decent loan spells before being reintegrated into the first team, while Smalling and Jones had previous experience at Fulham and Blackburn.

The immaturity in Rashford’s game has been showcased this season, and needs to be ironed out in a less pressurised environment; it’ll benefit both the player and United more in the long-term. Everybody seems very sensitive about this, but a temporary move away is logical.‪

Incentivise a Mahrez move for Leicester by giving them Rashford next season; they’re one of the few 4-4-2 teams left in England, so Rashford would get plenty of games as a centre forward and come back a man.

Antonedwin

Jamie Redknapp: if I was Rashford I'd think about leaving because I'd be pushed down the pecking order.

Giggs: if I was Rashford I'd learn from Sanchez and push myself to be better than him.

That's why redknapp won feck all & giggs was one of the most decorated player in history , redknapp is small time , rashford shouldn't listen to him.
He have to fight for his place or feck off , we don't need weak mentally player.
I don't know why some of our fans thought mourinho was wrong for buying Sanchez which push down rashford in pecking order , we aren't rashford fc , i don't care who is playing , youngsters or not as long as we are winning games.

Last edited:

simplyared

Absolute hyperbole and just plain old fashioned bollocks to be frank.

He’s 20 years old playing for arguably the biggest club in the world. He’s played virtually every game this season and is in the top 10 for minutes played.

I think people use the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi and co as references and assume that all young attackers need to be first choice to develop.

Ronaldo’s season at the same age, he played 2400 Premier League minutes and 3700 overall.

Rashford has played 1300 EPL and 2000 overall so far and there is still a guaranteed 15 matches still to be played and potentially more if we progress in cups.

The idea that he’s being stifled or is in some way stagnating is preposterous. His form has dipped a bit but that’s expected at that age and the way we know his form had dipped is because he’s been getting plenty of game time to prove it!
Since the City game in which he played the full 90 mins and scored a very well taken goal he has played 345 of 900 mins. He has started on the bench in all those games but one. Against Southampton he came on and played 77 mins only because of Lukaku's injury. More recent he has played 55 mins in the last 5 games and wasn't even brought on against Spurs. Looking at the whole season is irrelevant. The trend is there to be seen. Re the rest of the season: the only way he will get more game time is if Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez suffer injuries which has nothing to do with him learning from others or what he does in training bla bla bla. Fact is he's found himself in the Mourinho freeze box.

simplyared

You are deluded if you think Wenger would play Rashford instead if Aubameyang. You are more worrying about Rashford getting sidelined because his form is atracious instead of United progessing? Remind me again how many goals he had this season?
Do you also think Rashford is a bit like Messi too? He's far from ready to lead the line for United.
My point is that it would be a top club he would go to. Whether it be Arsenal remains to be seen. Although wouldn't surprise me Wenger could find a role for him. Re the Messi comparison: read the OP. I've not said Salah is or ever will be as good as Messi.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Since the City game in which he played the full 90 mins and scored a very well taken goal he has played 345 of 900 mins. He has started on the bench in all those games but one. Against Southampton he came on and played 77 mins only because of Lukaku's injury. More recent he has played 55 mins in the last 5 games and wasn't even brought on against Spurs. Looking at the whole season is irrelevant. The trend is there to be seen. Re the rest of the season: the only way he will get more game time is if Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez suffer injuries which has nothing to do with him learning from others or what he does in training bla bla bla. Fact is he's found himself in the Mourinho freeze box.
So his form has dipped off and Mourinho has reduced his play time? Much like he did with Martial and everyone was outraged about it only for him to come back stronger for it.

The Spurs game you mention, Rashford was warmed up, stripped off and waiting to come on before Fellaini pulled up lame and Herrera had to come on instead. Of the last 5 games he has played 207 minutes including two starts where he stayed on for practically the whole game. Of the last 10 games, he has played 495 minutes, so over half the available minutes.

By looking at the "current trend" you're only looking at a period where he's dropped off a bit as Martial and Lingard have come on strongly. He'll step up again and get a string of games together before the end of the season. Talk of him being frozen out is nonsense.

rpg

Marcus Rashford current form and ability is not going to get him into any of the top 5 team. Only Mourinho is silly to play him this much.

Smores

thought from the moment Jose Signed as manger Rashfords future was else where.
That just shows your preconceived notions were wrong.

If anything he's getting more minutes than he deserves. If the lad steps up he'll become a first teamer again.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
That just shows your preconceived notions were wrong.

If anything he's getting more minutes than he deserves. If the lad steps up he'll become a first teamer again.
disagree the guy broke through as a striker and he has hardly played that position in 2 years.

AN17

First it was Martial who was being ruined and wasted by Mourinho, now it's Rashford, tomorrow they'll say it's Lingard when he slows down his scoring spree and gets benched for a while. It won't matter to them if the concerned player was stinking up the place for a few games before, if there was another talent waiting for their chance. All they want is something controversial enough to make headlines.

simplyared

So his form has dipped off and Mourinho has reduced his play time? Much like he did with Martial and everyone was outraged about it only for him to come back stronger for it.

The Spurs game you mention, Rashford was warmed up, stripped off and waiting to come on before Fellaini pulled up lame and Herrera had to come on instead. Of the last 5 games he has played 207 minutes including two starts where he stayed on for practically the whole game. Of the last 10 games, he has played 495 minutes, so over half the available minutes.

By looking at the "current trend" you're only looking at a period where he's dropped off a bit as Martial and Lingard have come on strongly. He'll step up again and get a string of games together before the end of the season. Talk of him being frozen out is nonsense.
PL games:
Huddersfield: bench 20mins
Spurs: bench 0 mins
Burnley: bench 11mins
Stoke: bench 11 mins
Everton: bench 13 mins
Southampton: bench 77 mins (on for an injured Lukaku)
Burnley: started 90 mins
Leicester: bench 20 mins
WBA: started 78 mins
Bournmouth: bench 25 mins

total = 345 mins
last 5 games =55 mins

Lentwood

Sanchez signing - It’s a non-issue

Rashford is a talented young player who has played more than he probably should or would have done based on the fact that post SAF we have been a mediocre side

Now we have better players it’s only right that he will get less game time but that doesn’t mean he is finished or won’t get on the pitch

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
PL games:

total = 345 mins
last 5 games =55 mins
Oh right, are Premier League games the only ones that count for developing a 20 year old?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
PL games:

total = 345 mins
last 5 games =55 mins
He’s a kid ffs we have had a tough run when we have struggled and Rashford had a dip also. Why take the last 5 games? Try spreading out since the start off the season or since his debut to get a real statistic of how he has done and how the club is treating him. A bit like flicking a coin and it landing tails 4 and heads once are we to assume it is always 4-1 in tails favour or is it just because the sample size is so small that it means not a lot and skewed towards someone’s narrative??

Hitchez

PL games:

total = 345 mins
last 5 games =55 mins
Why only look at the last 5 games when you've nearly two years of evidence that Jose rates him?

simplyared

He’s a kid ffs we have had a tough run when we have struggled and Rashford had a dip also. Why take the last 5 games? Try spreading out since the start off the season or since his debut to get a real statistic of how he has done and how the club is treating him. A bit like flicking a coin and it landing tails 4 and heads once are we to assume it is always 4-1 in tails favour or is it just because the sample size is so small that it means not a lot and skewed towards someone’s narrative??
I would imagine Rashford, having the kid thing shoved in his face is getting a tad pissed off. Even his manager calls him the kid. Come on he's played 15 times for his country and even though he is only 20 he's way ahead of his years. Time he was treated as an adult!

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Slightly mental argument. List the the players of a similar age profile at top English or indeed European clubs that are nailed on week in week out starters. He'll be back. Of course he will.

johanovic

So you have 20 year old young player Rashford playing as a attacker for a true big club and he has already won the following honors: Fa cup winner 2015-16,EFL cup 2016-17,FA community Shield 2016,UEFA Europa League 2016-17.
Mr Redknapp won this in his career from 1989 to 2005: League cup 1995, Fa Charity shield 2001 and UEFA super cup 2001. Is it perhaps a little bit ironic that a player most famous for being a part of the infamous Spice boy´s and a hopless pundit is telling a 20 year old that has already surpassed him in honors that he must quit the club that has developed him to the player he is today. How about Liverpool and their young players? When did Liverpool last produce a young player that proved himself in his team? Him and Souness are just hopeless as pundits and to put it mildly hardly professional in their judgement.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A loan would do him good - Evans, Cleverley and Welbeck all had decent loan spells before being reintegrated into the first team, while Smalling and Jones had previous experience at Fulham and Blackburn.

The immaturity in Rashford’s game has been showcased this season, and needs to be ironed out in a less pressurised environment; it’ll benefit both the player and United more in the long-term. Everybody seems very sensitive about this, but a temporary move away is logical.‪

Incentivise a Mahrez move for Leicester by giving them Rashford next season; they’re one of the few 4-4-2 teams left in England, so Rashford would get plenty of games as a centre forward and come back a man.
This shit again. He's playing at the top level, with and against the best players, and by the end of the season he'll have made 100 appearances for us by the age of 20. He doesn't need a bloody loan, he just needs a rest and to find his form again. Mourinho still rates him, he'll get plenty of games next season and become a permanent starter if and when his form merits it.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I would imagine Rashford, having the kid thing shoved in his face is getting a tad pissed off. Even his manager calls him the kid. Come on he's played 15 times for his country and even though he is only 20 he's way ahead of his years. Time he was treated as an adult!
And have him burn out like Rooney or Owen? I’m sure Jose like Fergie before him knows best what he can and cannot do. This debate is absolutely ludicrous so I’m away.