Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

Greck

Of course that i don't agree with jaime and no way i want rash to go but from rashfords pespective; what is his future in united? To be 12th player.
Yes season is long, you can't play every match with best 11, etc... but the truth is that every coach has his first 11 which will start most of games. Especially big games. So his positions are lw and striker. He can play rw but even mourinho avoids to play him there. Lukaku is by far first option on striker, he is 24-25 years old and will play there for years.
So his future is to fight with martial for that lw spot. And now you have sanchez there also. When you look at it like this then it is not promising for him.
There's some merit to this thought. I think he'll give it another 12 months and begin to rethink his situation if it's the same ie 12th man.

On one hand he could draw inspiration from Martial who fought tooth and nail to reclaim that spot, on the other hand he'll need to elevate and develop his game massively to do so, which isn't the easiest thing coming off the bench

mark_a

I don't know about you, but I think United need to employ some of these ex-LFC pundit characters. Then they can contribute their venerable opinions on the minutiae of any team/squad issues at the club. That way the club can factor in their wise opinions. Otherwise they're in danger of looking like has-beens spouting utter conjecture for money.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
There's some merit to this thought. I think he'll give it another 12 months and begin to rethink his situation if it's the same ie 12th man.

On one hand he could draw inspiration from Martial who fought tooth and nail to reclaim that spot, on the other hand he'll need to elevate and develop his game massively to do so, which isn't the easiest thing coming off the bench
Like you said, Martial did it and it's paying dividends now with him becoming undroppable. Martial's hands down the best finisher we have at the moment. Rashford's got the potential to match that and just needs to knuckle down and sort it. It's so frustrating that we've never really had all of the front line firing on all cylinders at the same time. We'd be devasting when that happens.

crossy1686

career ending
Redknapp hasnt really said much wrong there. Rashford will get fewer chances because of sanchez signing and lingards amazing run of form.

Rashfords not been at it for a while. To get the best out of him and give him confidence he needs a regular run of games which isnt going to happen for him at the moment. Problem is hes too good to loan out because we will need him.

Disagree completely about thats him relating rashfords case to british players not getting as many opportunities. Its because hes british hes played in every game if anything. Martial didnt even come off the bench in some games this season
Why can't Rashford stay and just get better like Lingard did? Competition for places at a high standard makes players better, not playing week in, week out for the likes of Stoke. If Rashford doesn't want to be the first name on the bench then he can change that by putting one of those players out of the team. The manager picks the squad based on training ground performances, Rashford knows what he has to do to be in the first team.

Red_Beans

Pexbo has advised Louise Redknapp to go and play elsewhere following Sky's signing of Kelly Cates.

The Redcafe poster admitted he feels "sorry" for the halfwit who will inevitably find punditry harder to come by as a direct result of the scot joining the ranks at the O2 Studios.

Sky beat BT to the punch to land Cates last year, parting company with simpleton Niall Quinn in the process.

"I just feel for people like Jamie Redknapp. They go down the pecking order and he's probably thinking what trousers do I fit in now?, said Pexbo.

"Part of Sky is having these pundits but I just feel sorry when someone like Jamie Redknapp is going to be thinking 'this is another pathway blocked for me.'

"Louise might have to go in the end. It doesn't help your confidence. Every time you are thinking? fecking hell is that bloke my husband?".

"She probably needs to go and play somewhere else."

"It is a shame but modern day football punditry really isn't so hard for young British pundits to get opportunities and yet he continually fecks it up."
Post of the year

Baby Groot

I did like too have whatever Jamie redknapp is smoking, must be some pretty strong stuff.

Fully Fledged

I think Jamie Rednapp needs to leave and get a job he's got a clue about. He's robbing a living talking ballcocks on the tv and in the papers.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder if Jamie will do the same article for Phil Foden now that City are buying up the whole league.

Denis' cuff

Should play him the full 90 in every game from a young age, like Liverpool did with Fowler and Owen, so desperate were they to keep up with top clubs, they were burned out and weren’t allowed proper recovery time from injuries.

Dolf

Not sure why everyone is disagreeing.

Yes, he has played alot of games this season but that was before Alexis joined. A loan wouldn't be so strange. A young and talented player like Rashford needs to play every match in his favorite position to fulfil his potential.

beedoubleyou

We have three forward positions. He can play in all three and we only have 4 or 5 players who can fill them. He's 20, played more minutes than most of the squad and started alongside the player he allegedly needs to worry about taking away his place. He has nothing to worry about whatsoever. Mourinho clearly likes him, did he not even put Alexis next to him in the locker room to help create a bond? Also, wasn't it Martial who needed to worry last week?

It's daft to even indulge this rubbish. If Rashford left, then we would need another forward.

beedoubleyou

Also, Rashford has made nearly twice as many United appearances as Redknapp had made for the Scousers at the same age. It's just a pathetic Scouse dig from a man who opens his mouth without a clue what's about to happen next.

Pacificgi

Why can't Rashford stay and just get better like Lingard did? Competition for places at a high standard makes players better, not playing week in, week out for the likes of Stoke. If Rashford doesn't want to be the first name on the bench then he can change that by putting one of those players out of the team. The manager picks the squad based on training ground performances, Rashford knows what he has to do to be in the first team.
Of course rashford can stay. Lingards still here after being on loan at a few clubs so rashford staying isnt just like lingard did as rashford hasnt gone anywhere.

You seem to think players playing with better better players automatically makes that individual a better player judging by your stoke comment. If rashford went on loan to the likes of stoke, ive no doubt hed get regular games, score plenty of goals and hed return a more confident player. Going by your theory, no big club should ever loan out a player.

You dont know what the manager picks his squad based on. Id hazard a guess its performances on the pitch where it counts and not the training ground

Redman24

all these numbers being quoted by people is playing time before sanchez signed. i think it will be very difficult for rashord to be in the starting 11 in most games. i think lukaku, martial,sanchez and lingard are ahead of him.

i also think he should be loaned next season. because if we sign a right winger in the summer then it will get even more difficult for him. he is still young loan him out next summer i say.

el3mel

all these numbers being quoted by people is playing time before sanchez signed. i think it will be very difficult for rashord to be in the starting 11 in most games. i think lukaku, martial,sanchez and lingard are ahead of him.

i also think he should be loaned next season. because if we sign a right winger in the summer then it will get even more difficult for him. he is still young loan him out next summer i say.
Loaning him won't serve him any good.

He should prove his worth by fighting to get a place. Lingard was a nobody few months ago and was doomed as a squad option for cup games only. His quality, goals and performance raised him to become a start. If Lingard can do this why Rashford can't ? It's better for him to prove his worthiness here rather going for a useless loan.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Of course rashford can stay. Lingards still here after being on loan at a few clubs so rashford staying isnt just like lingard did as rashford hasnt gone anywhere.

You seem to think players playing with better better players automatically makes that individual a better player judging by your stoke comment. If rashford went on loan to the likes of stoke, ive no doubt hed get regular games, score plenty of goals and hed return a more confident player. Going by your theory, no big club should ever loan out a player.

You dont know what the manager picks his squad based on. Id hazard a guess its performances on the pitch where it counts and not the training ground
Why would Jose even entertain the idea of a loan? Big clubs do not loan out players that are an integral part of the first team squad and Rashford, when you consider the fact that he has been an ever-present from day 1, is most definitely a key figure in that squad. He has also featured for England on a regular basis during that period.

Giggs86

Since when quotes by Jamie the brainless II deserve their own thread? No one gives a shit what he thinks.

Pacificgi

Why would Jose even entertain the idea of a loan? Big clubs do not loan out players that are an integral part of the first team squad and Rashford, when you consider the fact that he has been an ever-present from day 1, is most definitely a key figure in that squad. He has also featured for England on a regular basis during that period.
Jose wouldn't entertain it. He is a key figure in the squad youre right, but not in the first team as a regular starter. As ive said previously, hes too good to loan anyway but its not a bad option for his game if it were to happen.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Jose wouldn't entertain it. He is a key figure in the squad youre right, but not in the first team as a regular starter. As ive said previously, hes too good to loan anyway but its not a bad option for his game if it were to happen.
Very unlikely to happen all things considered.

I think much of this "Rashford needs to leave in order for his career to progress" narrative has been influenced heavily by his current poor form. As soon as Rashford starts showing good form, the fickle journos and pundits will be referring to him as England's great hope once again.

It's almost as if these lads cannot grasp the fact that a young player will perform inconsistently. Thank God Jose understands that.

RedDevilRoshi

To put it nicely, that is an absolute pile of horse s****

Is he now going to say Stones should leave because City just signed Laporte.

Guy just loves the sound of his own voice.

ZAGREB RED

I don't mind Redknapp as a pundit, he is a fairly likeable character, like his Dad, but as the previous poster said is he going to advise Stones to leave City now they have signed Laporte. United brought in Sanchez but also lost Mkhitaryan so it doesn't make sense to lose another attacking player with three trophies still to play for.

Redman24

Loaning him won't serve him any good.

He should prove his worth by fighting to get a place. Lingard was a nobody few months ago and was doomed as a squad option for cup games only. His quality, goals and performance raised him to become a start. If Lingard can do this why Rashford can't ? It's better for him to prove his worthiness here rather going for a useless loan.
Lingard himself will find it difficult to get games next year as i think we will either get another CM and change the system to not have a number 10 or Sanchez will be the number 10 while a right winger is signed. either way Lingard will not be a starter come August. We need to look at the bigger picture, it is better for Rashford to play games to further his development and at united it will get very difficult, he is still a young lad.

Last edited by a moderator:

djembatheking

Since when quotes by Jamie the brainless II deserve their own thread? No one gives a shit what he thinks.
Totally agree , he is an absolute whopper .

Jamie Redknapp honours - League cup , Charity shield , UEFA Super cup .

Marcus Rashford honours - League cup , Charity shield , Europa League , FA Cup .

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wonder if he thinks Sterling needs to leave now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Someone needs to ask Jamie if Bernardo Silva needs to leave City? :lol:

Captain Obvious

The guy is manchester through and through.
But i can see him leaving in a couple of seasons if we sign another forward that doesn't play on the right. Sometimes you need to put yourself first.

That being said, i cant see him leaving any time soon

crossy1686

career ending

Not me mate, ask Fergie. He always said that young players learn more from training with great players than they even would playing for a small time team week in week out. If you're happy to disagree with Fergie's stance on the matter then by my guest, personally, I trust his judgement.

Managers talk about training ground intensity all the time. Again, watch any documentary involving any of Fergie's players from 1995 onwards. They all say the toughest, most intense games they ever played were the 7 vs 7 in training the day before a game. It was such a high standard and so intense for that matter it made the game at the weekend easy in comparison. Think about the competition you've got at United's training ground then think about the players you're competing against on West Brom's, how would that help anyone's development?

el3mel

Lingard himself will find it difficult to get games next year as i think we will either get another CM and change the system to not have a number 10 or Sanchez will be the number 10 while a right winger is signed. either way Lingard will not be a starter come August. We need to look at the bigger picture, it is better for Rashford to play games to further his development and at united it will get very difficult, he is still a young lad.
However even if that happens Lingard won't leave. He'll stay and work hard to earn his chances in the team.

Going on a loan to play for a midtable club won't do Rashford any good. If he wants to complete his development it should be here. Learn and compete with top players and work hard to earn your chances rather than playing with average players in an average club.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
This. Besides his current slump in form seems to be all in his head. He makes greedy and stupid decisions in order to impress, so getting time just to be played back into form seems counter productive to me.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Rashford will continue to compete with Martial for the left wing slot and occasionally play upfront, same as now. Sanchez will play on the right.

Mata might have to leave, not Rashford.

Redman24

However even if that happens Lingard won't leave. He'll stay and work hard to earn his chances in the team.

Going on a loan to play for a midtable club won't do Rashford any good. If he wants to complete his development it should be here. Learn and compete with top players and work hard to earn your chances rather than playing with average players in an average club.
I agree Lingard wont leave, because he is happy to be a squad player at united. But i am not sure if Rashford will be able to take it. These players have agents who would love to see them move from one club to another just to get more money. What do you think his agent will do when he senses that Rashford is not so happy at being a bench player.

el3mel

I agree Lingard wont leave, because he is happy to be a squad player at united. But i am not sure if Rashford will be able to take it. These players have agents who would love to see them move from one club to another just to get more money. What do you think his agent will do when he senses that Rashford is not so happy at being a bench player.
And what makes you believe when he leaves for a loan to play for a midtable club with average players he'll return all of sudden to become a starting player here?

What I know is If he wants to prove himself worth of a starting position here, it's by taking the consistent chances he gets every match and proves he's better than what are playing in his position or at least on a similar level. He's not like Axel or TFM who were getting barely any chances so was better to go on a loan. Rashford is playing regularly, featuring every match and always takes chances each game. Going on a loan now will just prove that he's not capable of competing with the players in his position so decided to take the easy step. I don't think Rashford thinks that way.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ez-arrival-can-only-help-Marcus-Rashford.aspx

"The kid is having a hell of an experience at every level so there is an amazing future waiting for him, and being surrounded by these players can only help him," Jose told reporters at the Aon Training Complex.

"Marcus's story is quite interesting because he started playing with Mr Van Gaal when the team was really in trouble to have options, and then the monster that kills the little kids arrives but he plays every game."

Rashford is the only player to feature in all 36 of United’s competitive fixtures so far this season, with 20 starts and 16 substitute appearances under his belt. “The story of Marcus not getting any minutes and matches is really old because he's a very important player for us," the boss stated. "He plays every game – starting or coming from the bench as a striker, as a left winger, as a right winger."

Eire Red United

A loan for Rashford would be a good idea if he wasn’t getting playing time here, but he is featuring every week, so getting playing time at a better club, alongside better players which is better than playing a a weaker club.

desirere

It's laughable really.

One would think at least some of you would learn, if only by seeing what is right in front of your noses with Lingard's emphatic blossoming, and yet these same tired old fatuities do their proud rounds year after year.

Rashford's hardly had some handful of bad games since an extremely promising early season start, and already there is talk about the plank. It's worse than laughable. It's tragic.
Well my friend you are entitled to your optimistic opinion... I've never said I don't rate Rashford though. I, unlike you, am looking at the bigger picture, United is moving towards improving year in year out, sadly this will see many leaving in a span of 2-3 years. Rashford isn't one of them, though if he doesn't improve he sadly won't be good enough for our first eleven and he'll fall down the pecking order resulting in a possible loan, thats what I ment with walking the plank, should have used a different term.

Whats even worse, with the addition of Alexis he isn't even currently good enough, he'll still get a lot of game time since the squad isn't any bigger with Mkhi leaving but for how long and at whose expence ? (Angel Gomes, Chong etc.)

I said 1.5 seasons, looking at that number I might have taken it too far, lets say 2.5 to be more realistic. He is more then good enough to be a squad player, but I have higher expectations of him and I hope he does of himself as well.

Anyway these discussions are tedius, only way to know who's right is to fast forward 3 years.

akul87

In reality, we only have 1 striker, why wouldn't we make Marcus the 2nd? Lukaku will need his time off, and Rashford can also be a regular sub for LW/RW/ST. There will be enough time for everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
"I am concerned and feel sorry for Rashford and Lindegaard" - Jamie Redknapp on SSN right now

Yeah so concerned and sorry he doesn't even know the player's name :rolleyes: