Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

vangagal

My point is that it would be a top club he would go to. Whether it be Arsenal remains to be seen. Although wouldn't surprise me Wenger could find a role for him. Re the Messi comparison: read the OP. I've not said Salah is or ever will be as good as Messi.
Thats bollocks. No one has submit an offer to Rashford right now. He is a good young talent but dont put him in Dembele Mbappe bracket's of talent just yet. Nothing right now showing he is that so special talent. You're overrating him too much.

I would imagine Rashford, having the kid thing shoved in his face is getting a tad pissed off. Even his manager calls him the kid. Come on he's played 15 times for his country and even though he is only 20 he's way ahead of his years. Time he was treated as an adult!
You know what? you are talking bollock too much here. You demand Rashford treat like an adult one? He is right now. Mou bench him because he is out of form badly! Can your eyes see it? Put those your rose tinted glassed aside for moment, he is out of form ffs. Sanchez get pick first because he create something that this team lacking at the moment. He is dribbling his way out of defence, pick a right pass, make a right move, know when to accelarate or pick 1 2 pass. And now tell me what Rashford do aside from when he is just running straight to stand and dribbling 3 or 4 defenders stupidly?

He is being treated like a pro here. Benched when he is out of form instead cuddling him and shoehorn him to starting XI just because he is Rashford? One of local lad? His situation just like Martial before when he is sidelined beacuse out of form when see where he is now? He took that challenged form Mou and came as better player instead. Can Rashford do the same instead this media agenda to get him pick regardless of his form now?

Antonedwin

PL games:
Huddersfield: bench 20mins
Spurs: bench 0 mins
Burnley: bench 11mins
Stoke: bench 11 mins
Everton: bench 13 mins
Southampton: bench 77 mins (on for an injured Lukaku)
Burnley: started 90 mins
Leicester: bench 20 mins
WBA: started 78 mins
Bournmouth: bench 25 mins

total = 345 mins
last 5 games =55 mins
I don't know why it's mourinho fault if he played less , and i don't know why it's a problem either , whenever he played recently the kid stinking up the place with his abysmal decision making it doesn't matter being cf rw or lw , your decision making shouldn't get affected by position , with the way he is playin right now he will end up at stoke

Just because he is local lad with glimpse of talent doesn't mean he must be automatic starter , rashford has his destiny in his own hands , not in mourinho's , if he is good enough he will play , as simple as that

Sanchez play because he is the standard of what our other attacker should reach

Last edited:

SteveW

Just needs to work hard and keep improving. Jose clearly loves him but can't select him based on recent form

Hammerfell

He's been utterly dreadful this season so I'm not too upset that he's not playing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's been utterly dreadful this season so I'm not too upset that he's not playing.
He did well in the first few months. Lost form from November til now, but he hasn't been dreadful. He's just playing like a 20 year, they lose form now and then. Nothing new.

Josep Dowling

I wouldn’t be disappointed if he went out on loan. Just to get the minutes and play his actual position as a striker.

If Vardy left Leicester I think he would be perfect for their style of play.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Now Henry is at it!

Marcus Rashford should consider leaving Manchester United in order to secure first-team football and continue his development, according to Thierry Henry.

The 20-year-old has made 25 appearances in the Premier League this season, but he has only been included in the starting XI 13 times and not since a 2-2 draw with Burnley on Boxing Day.

Rashford has not featured for more than 20 minutes in a league game in 2018 so far, and Henry feels he may have to consider a move as he grows concerned that the youngster's progress may be hindered at Old Trafford.

"One of the most important things for me is that you have to play," Henry said on Sky Sports. “You cannot be on the bench and missing games, missing learning about the game and stopping that momentum, and an example is Rashford.”

"Rashford at times could not capitalise on what he did from that year [after his debut], because sometimes he is playing on the right, [sometimes] on the left. “Leave is a strong word. Obviously being from there, he wants to play for United. But he has to play and it is becoming even more difficult for him since Sanchez has arrived.”
http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/henry-rashford-may-need-to-leave-man-utd-47231

AndyJ1985

Why on earth would he leave Manchester United just to be a first team player at some tinpot team in the bottom half of the table? If he's destined to become a great player he'll achieve it here. He gets plenty of playing time for a 20 year old.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Since getting injured a few weeks ago he's had absolutely sod all minutes and watched Sanchez play virtually every minute.

He must be pretty fed up with Mourinho now, he'd do well coming off the bench for Klopp or playing for Guardiola's famous academy.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Annoying how Wise is now apparently relevant following his stint being a twat in the jungle

Decomposing In Paris

Tbf, his (Wise) statements aren't that inflammatory, & there's a lot of 'if"s "but"s & "maybe"s... He's behind Lukaku, Sanchez, & Martial for his two most preferred positions. I'd say that if Ibrahimovic gets fit, he also may be ahead of Rashford as a #9. Unless his form really picks up, he's unlikely to become first choice anytime soon, and if that doesn't change in the future, he may need to consider what is best for his career. Much as I like the boy, if he's not performing as well as the other players he's competing with, he shouldn't be taking their place. Also, he's only 20, but we all hope he'll improve by training with, and learning from good players. We may find that he'll go out on loan, but I don't see Rashford leaving unless he can't hack it here.

Jamie Redknapp is most likely just trying to stir up trouble, and if he's not, I really see this as a reflection of how he never had the mentality to make it at the top.

Jeffthered

These pundits are acutely aware of their influence and coverage of their comments. I have no doubt that they have ulterior motives in some of their suggestions.

Why should Marcus Rashford leave?

I personally, do not think Martial is a better player. Rashford has more to his game, and is having a pretty average season, like many of our attackers are. I would take Rashford over Martial. Better all round player, more honest as a player too.

Decomposing In Paris

I personally, do not think Martial is a better player. Rashford has more to his game, and is having a pretty average season, like many of our attackers are. I would take Rashford over Martial. Better all round player, more honest as a player too.
What do you mean by this? Is Martial dishonest in some way, as a player?

Web of Bissaka

Expect more and more pundits to join in, under this bandwagon.

I don't really blame them since it's their job to talk and talk and talk, but it's clear they're not following Rashford's career to the tee.

How many times have he played? A lot, one of our players who have the most appearances, even last season.
Is he happy? Yup, playing regularly for his boyhood club, and teammates, and improving all the time under Mourinho. Training and playing with world class players at United like Zlatan and Sanchez, isn't that more beneficial for Rashford.
How many trophies have he won staying with United? :cool:

The Press like always magnify everything that they've commented.
It's like if there are keywords "Manchester United", "(insert our player names)", etc, Front Page!
The Pogba one is funny, and now Rashford. Last season, first it's Mata, then Martial and Mkhi and Shaw. I can go on and on. Funny, our manager as a person seems fittingly in align with the club, with this Press attention thing.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
To be honest, it's Sky pushing the narrative for whatever reason.

Jeffthered

What do you mean by this? Is Martial dishonest in some way, as a player?
I never stated Martial was 'dishonest'... but I think Rashford has more natural endeavour to his game. Far more actually. Rashford (and this is all my opinion) always puts a shift in, whether playing well, or not. Martial I can't say that about at all.

We are all aware of the limitations of the Coaching of our attacking play, and it has diminished the qualities of all of the attacking players. But watch Sanchez. Watch Lindgard. Watch Rashford. At least they are active throughout a game. Martial looks like he seems to think the team isn't good enough FOR HIM at times.

Rashford is a heck of a young talent and has been fantastic for the club. I can't wait until he hits form again, which he will of course.

Water Melon

I never stated Martial was 'dishonest'... but I think Rashford has more natural endeavour to his game. Far more actually. Rashford (and this is all my opinion) always puts a shift in, whether playing well, or not. Martial I can't say that about at all.

We are all aware of the limitations of the Coaching of our attacking play, and it has diminished the qualities of all of the attacking players. But watch Sanchez. Watch Lindgard. Watch Rashford. At least they are active throughout a game. Martial looks like he seems to think the team isn't good enough FOR HIM at times.

Rashford is a heck of a young talent and has been fantastic for the club. I can't wait until he hits form again, which he will of course.
Where do you get this impression from? Body language? The guy is of different temperament. His stats are available, he is neither a lazy nor an arrogant git.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Isn't the case of Rashford the same of any young player trying to establish himself at a top club? If he's good enough, he'll eventually cement a place in the starting line up. His problem right now is that both Sanchez and Martial are ahead of him in the pecking order, it seems, which I guess is why these pundits are saying it might be better for him to feature regularly for another club than spend more than half the time on the bench, which will probably be the case at United at the moment.

Decomposing In Paris

Ok, I was just asking as you said that Rashford was more honest as a player, which seems to primarily come down to body language, which is fine, I just don't interpret Martial's playing style as feeling the team is somehow there to serve him. I like them both as players, and to be honest, wish we could discuss one without directly comparing them to the other... but I suppose that's the nature of the beast. I think they're both fantastic talents, but as it stands both can be frustrating. If they apply themselves over the coming years, we could have one hell of a frontline.

Fridge chutney

Will they ever come out and say that no one should ever join City's academy because they don't give youth a chance?

Probably not.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think Jamie can now sympathise what Hansen must have felt in the past 2 decades or so

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I don't blame Redknapp for saying it. I'm sure a lot of former Liverpool players think he should leave at the moment.

Jacci

He’s such a big game player, City, Chelsea, Pool and Arsenal. Rashford doesn’t give a f he loves these kind of games. Such an important trait to possess!