Rashford vs Iheanacho

Drainy

Both look extremely talented with bag loads of potential. Rashford came out of nowhere as the likes of Wilson and Keane were the players getting very hyped on here.
To be fair, Rashford had to grow into u18s football while Wilson and Keane looked class at that level from the start. Physical reasons, mostly but also having to learn a new position at a higher level. It took a while for it to click for him.

They also played in better teams, while Rashford has been playing well recently but in one of, if not the weakest u18s team in recent times so it's difficult to build a great deal of hype in a poor side.

Rashford has always looked a talent but one who would take a while to blossom, so it's amazing how he has done with his chance. At 14 he looked a Lingard type player, but more quick and skillful. After a massive growth spurt and adapting his game he is unrecognisable!

Last edited:

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
To be fair, Rashford has to grow into u18s football while Wilson and Keane looked class at that level from the start. Physical reasons, mostly but also having to learn a new position at a higher level. It took a while for it to click for him.

They also played in better teams, while Rashford has been playing well recently but in one of, if not the weakest u18s team in recent times so it's difficult to build a great deal of hype in a poor side.

Rashford has always looked a talent but one who would take a while to blossom, so it's amazing how he has done with his chance. At 14 he looked a Lingard type player, but more quick and skillful. After a massive growth spurt and adapting his game he is unrecognisable!
This is spot on. City released him with good reason and it's remarkable how much he's progressed in his last two years at United!

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I agree, I watch some of our academy matches and how he adapted to this level caught me off guard. For all the hype that Keane and Wilson got, it seems Rashford will become the one that will established himself in our side.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So who will have the bigger impact this season? Both playing second fiddle to two world class strikers. Rashford off to a better start but good opportunity for Iheanacho to catch up while Aguero is banned.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Rashford, simply due to him getting more chances then Iheanacho... plus, the latter will have to disappear to Africa for a month in Jan.

I really rate Iheanacho though, he'll pop up with more then his fair share of goals over the season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think they are both talents, but Rashford has proven more so far and really couldn't have done anything else with the chances he has had. As someone said in another thread though, it's not really about what level they are at now but rather, what level they will reach eventually.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
So who will have the bigger impact this season? Both playing second fiddle to two world class strikers. Rashford off to a better start but good opportunity for Iheanacho to catch up while Aguero is banned.
Zlatan and?

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Really? Zlatan is better than most.. but that really doesnt work when you're talking about Aguero.
Oh that way, I thought he meant that both Rashford and Iheanacho were behind two world class strikers each, but when I think about it, City only have Aguero apart from Iheanacho.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
They both have tremendous potential, and should go on to have great careers.

Iheanacho has scored more, but I think Rashford has risen to the occasion better, scored more crucial goals under pressure in a struggling team.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its a coin flip and all on the day. Both worldclass talents, Rashford seems to have a slightly better first touch and Iheanacho has that RvN thing of being in the right place at the right time. Personally I'd like to have them both.

dichinero

Its a coin flip and all on the day. Both worldclass talents, Rashford seems to have a slightly better first touch and Iheanacho has that RvN thing of being in the right place at the right time. Personally I'd like to have them both.
Well put!

flappyjay

Rashford, simply due to him getting more chances then Iheanacho... plus, the latter will have to disappear to Africa for a month in Jan.

I really rate Iheanacho though, he'll pop up with more then his fair share of goals over the season.
Nigeria did not qualify but iheanacho will have Gabriel Jesus to deal with in January....come to think of it City have good young attacking talent (sane,Gabriel, Sterling and Nacho)whilst with us it is spread across the pitch.

Werder Herzog

Rashford seems to be able to create out of nothing, and you never feel like he is going to miss, not seen enough of Iheanacho to be fair though.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Just saw your post.
In which universe was that. :houllier:
He was never at City. They did have the chance to sign him but thankfully they rejected him because he was too small.

His brother Dwayne was with him when he came to us,” the club’s secretary, Ron Jamieson, toldThe Times. “He was touting him to Manchester City at the time but the recruitment officer there did not fancy him because he was a bit on the small side and didn’t pick him up.”
“We took him to [Champion of Champions] tournament and all the scouts were there,” he added. “Everton were very keen and Manchester United.

“It was advantageous for us to push him towards United so he went there and the rest is history.”
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...d-youngster-for-being-too-small-a6897671.html

cyberman

The rumour even was that City were trying their very best to sign Rashford before he made his debut never mind letting him go 2 seasons ago!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is spot on. City released him with good reason and it's remarkable how much he's progressed in his last two years at United!
It's remarkable how badly informed you're about nearly every thing. Fair play.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The new Messi vs Ronaldo-esque rivalry? Both look like cracking talents.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
The new Messi vs Ronaldo-esque rivalry? Both look like cracking talents.
I think if they go on to become half the players that Messi and Ronaldo are then that will be some achievement. I can't be bothered getting into discussions/spats about who is the better player as I feel it's pointless - for me, both are great prospects.

VanGaalEra

Rashford edges it, but that's due to the fact that he gets more and has had more playing time then Kelechi.

It's obvious they've both got the talent to be very good players, it's now down to their attitude, hunger and circumstances as to how far they'll go.

cyberman

Rashford, due to the sheer influence he has on the game.
His versatility is ridiculous. He won't end up being a great goalscorer alone, he'll be one of those players with the 25 goals and high teen assists records to his name.

rotherham_red

The rumour even was that City were trying their very best to sign Rashford before he made his debut never mind letting him go 2 seasons ago!
That's not a rumour apparently, this was during the City trying to poach any decent young talent in the North West era. They also tried for Gribbin. Rashford was signed to the highest youth contract Utd had given precisely because City tried so hard to sign him.

Red Stone

I'd rather have a nacho than a rash.

Apart from that, I prefer Rashford.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hard to say at this point. Both showed brilliance. At the moment I'd give the nod to Iheanacho albeit very slightly.

Classical Mechanic

Iheanacho is a talent alright but Rashford has shown more up to this point. He has scored massive goals for United and has scored on his debut in every competition he has been in.

That is not to say Iheanacho won't be as good as him long term but if I was forced into an objective decision between the two right now, it would be Rashford.

I would be interested to hear an objective argument that would favour Iheanacho at this point.

Last edited:

Raw

I hate these kind of threads. They never end well.
From what I remember, we've had a Depay v Firmino thread, Welbeck (Man Utd) v Sturridge thread and Falcao v Welbeck (Arsenal) thread.

They really don't end well do they :lol:

Sparky Rhiwabon

Will he even play? I wouldn't be surprised if Pep played either Sterling or (more likely) Nolito as a "false 9"

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Such a silly statement to make that is simply impossible to back up based on the limited game-time both have had in their very short professional careers so far. Both are very good talents who've impressed this season, there is no way to reasonably claim one is substantially better than the other at this stage. Give it another season or two and perhaps you can start making such claims.

Anyway, Iheanacho was asked about the comparison recently so I'll post his response.

"I hope people keep comparing us because if we can keep challenging each other in the coming years, it could be great for Manchester. If we both keep doing well, improving and scoring lots of goals for the team, it could be interesting. I love a challenge, so when people compare me and Rashford it gives me more confidence and motivation. It also makes me work even harder. Rashford is a great young talent. He is big and strong and makes good decisions so I think he's going to be a really good player for United in the coming years. You can learn from every player, so I've learned from Rashford as well this season and I wish him all the best in his career."
City fan backs City player whilst criticising United fan for picking United player..the mind boggles.