g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rashford vs Iheanacho

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
From what I remember, we've had a Depay v Firmino thread, Welbeck (Man Utd) v Sturridge thread and Falcao v Welbeck (Arsenal) thread.

They really don't end well do they :lol:
Januzaj vs Sterling, Anderson vs Fabregas. The list is endless.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
City fan backs City player whilst criticising United fan for picking United player..the mind boggles.
Please point out the bit in my post where I claimed Iheanacho to be better than Rashford. I did not criticise anybody for saying Rashford was better, I criticised someone for saying Rashford was substantially better.

VanGaalEra

Please point out the bit in my post where I claimed Iheanacho to be better than Rashford. I did not criticise anybody for saying Rashford was better, I criticised someone for saying Rashford was substantially better.
Which is fair, I feel they're at roughly the same level but Rashford has had the opportunity to showcase it more.

Classical Mechanic

Which is fair, I feel they're at roughly the same level but Rashford has had the opportunity to showcase it more.
Not really. He wasn't given 10 games to find his feet. He took his chance and held on to it. He produced in big games and made his exclusion impossible.

Now Mourinho signed one of the best players in the world in his position so Rashford has had only two chances this season for club and country, what does he do, last minute winner against Hull and a hat trick for the U21s.

He is making it happen, period.

I am starting to think you are a closet Bertie or something!

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Yep, not sure why two people have decided to bump an old post I made in which I said nothing other than it's silly to say either is substantially better than the other at this stage of their careers. I'd like to think Iheanacho is better but I'd be lying if I said Rashford hasn't impressed me pretty much every time I've seen him.

DanClancy

Iheanacho is very physically developed especially considering he's supposed to be a teenager.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I didnt say you did I just meant a city fan is going to back a city player and likewise for us. Stop taking things personally lad.

welshwingwizard

Rashford, due to the sheer influence he has on the game.
His versatility is ridiculous. He won't end up being a great goalscorer alone, he'll be one of those players with the 25 goals and high teen assists records to his name.
I agree. He reminds me of Henry in how dangerous he is as goal threat starting on flanks and moving in.

DanClancy

I can remember the last Nigerian great young centre forward Obafemi Martins who burst on to the scene as an 18 year old. From wiki he had a great season apparently 'aged 20' but he quickly went downhill from there.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Can't see how this is up for debate to be fair. I would take Rashford any day of the week. He's already shown that he can perform at ALL levels having scored in each debut. He's just better all round for me. I wouldn't be too bothered if Iheanacho was starting for City on Saturday. But whether they admit it or not (and they most likely wouldn't), if Rashford was starting, the City fans would be very concerned.

Akshay

Staff
From what I remember, we've had a Depay v Firmino thread, Welbeck (Man Utd) v Sturridge thread and Falcao v Welbeck (Arsenal) thread.

We also had a Welbeck v Balotelli thread long back when he was playing for City and many opposition fans laughed that the two could even be compared. That one didn't turn out so bad :).

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
The rumour even was that City were trying their very best to sign Rashford before he made his debut never mind letting him go 2 seasons ago!
No city had him on trial when he was very young and let him go because they didn't think he was technically good enough. He subsequently went on to sign for United and has developed into a top player.

cyberman

No city had him on trial when he was very young and let him go because they didn't think he was technically good enough. He subsequently went on to sign for United and has developed into a top player.
What do you mean no?
Rashford was the main incident that triggered United, along with Liverpool and Everton, into threatening to boycott any underage match v City.
You're also (rumoured) to be stalking Angel Gomes with promises of all the wealth in the middle east if he jumped ship.
Also the rumour goes about Rashford being turned away for his height. Not lack of technical ability.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rashford has made the most of his opportunities and I'm glad we have him but there's just something a bit special about Ihenacho, for me he could go on to be a Balon d'Or contender, that's how good I think he can become.

3KDré

I thought it was because he was too small?

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
It's no contest at the minute. Rashford priced Iheanacho out of the market for the time being.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly

Januzaj vs Sterling, Anderson vs Fabregas. The list is endless.
Has there been one that we've come out on top?
There was the Ronaldo vs Robben thread. That one didn't turn out too bad for us, in the end.

RedCurry

So who has the better attributes over who?
Finishing: Same
Movement: Same
Passing: Iheanacho slightly ahead
Dribbling: Rashford
Pace: Rashford
Strength: Iheanacho
Aerial ability: not sure but Iheanacho is bigger so he must be better
Team work: Rashford

van Persie

Definitely hold Rashford higher right now but Iheanacho is pretty damn good too. Rashford's a full year younger though which at their age is kind of a big deal.

Rossa

So, pretty much a tie in terms of attributes then? I think, however, that most would have Ronaldo down on more attributes in a comparison with Messi, yet most would probably argue is better still. RvN wasn't the fastest, the best dribbler, the best this or that, but his ability to be in the right place at the right time and just score any time made him one of the very best.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
wtf :lol: Since when being bigger means better in the air ?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Both are exceptional talents but I'd take rashford just because he's a United boy, no need to change what ain't broke.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Obsessed with comparisons. :lol:

Both are talents, let's watch them develop first.