Rashford vs Iheanacho

RedCurry

So, pretty much a tie in terms of attributes then? I think, however, that most would have Ronaldo down on more attributes in a comparison with Messi, yet most would probably argue is better still. RvN wasn't the fastest, the best dribbler, the best this or that, but his ability to be in the right place at the right time and just score any time made him one of the very best.
You're right. It's just not the right time to compare the two players. They are both similar in terms of where they are at currently.
wtf :lol: Since when being bigger means better in the air ?
Yea that was a pretty random statement from me, height does help though. But there is just not enough sample to choose from.

Gopher Brown

I wouldn't swap Rashford for Iheanacho for all the apple sauce in Glückenschabbel.

I just worry he might never have had his chance had Martial not been injured that time.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
It's not even close for me, from what I've seen. I've never even been impressed with Kelechi. He was actually ruining most of City's attacks in the few games I've watched him. I can remember only one bad game of Rashford.

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
What do you mean no?
Rashford was the main incident that triggered United, along with Liverpool and Everton, into threatening to boycott any underage match v City.
You're also (rumoured) to be stalking Angel Gomes with promises of all the wealth in the middle east if he jumped ship.
Also the rumour goes about Rashford being turned away for his height. Not lack of technical ability.
I think you're getting confused. United threatened to boycott under 18s matches against city because of their alleged 'aggressive' behaviour towards their youngsters. This was nothing to do with rashford! Also I've never heard of Liverpool and Everton doing the same mind. Rashford happened years before this! I know city's academy coaches very well and it all happened before the current setup under Mark Allen but from what I've been told city rejected Rashford on his technical ability. Size is a media created thing in my understanding.

Prodigal7

Iheanacho I think is a better striker of the ball but for me Rashford has a significantly higher ceiling. Rashfords natural ability running with the ball especially sets him apart.

Prodigal7

I think you're getting confused. United threatened to boycott under 18s matches against city because of their alleged 'aggressive' behaviour towards their youngsters. This was nothing to do with rashford! Also I've never heard of Liverpool and Everton doing the same mind. Rashford happened years before this! I know city's academy coaches very well and it all happened before the current setup under Mark Allen but from what I've been told city rejected Rashford on his technical ability. Size is a media created thing in my understanding.
That is utter rubbish. Rashford has been technically outstanding since a very young age and was a number 10 until a couple of years ago. Both Arsenal and Chelsea were tracking him since he was 12 and city were in his ear every week until he signed professionally at United.

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
That is utter rubbish. Rashford has been technically outstanding since a very young age and was a number 10 until a couple of years ago. City were in his ear every week until he signed professionally at United.
Jeez. I'm not saying he's technically poor I am saying city didn't think he was technically strong - a mistake - and they tried to sign him when he was 16 before he signed a professional contract! He trialed with city when he was 13/14 or even younger!

Prodigal7

Jeez. I'm not saying he's technically poor I am saying city didn't think he was technically strong - a mistake - and they tried to sign him when he was 16 before he signed a professional contract! He trialed with city when he was 13/14 or even younger!
I don't know who your ex city academy coaching pals are, but they are talking a lot of shite. Rashford was one of the most technically gifted youngsters in the country since a very young age, known nationally by club and national coaches.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I don't really think there's much of a difference either way at the moment, I think both should go on to be really impressive players.
I prefer watching Rashford though, really exciting player to watch.

NK86

So a kid who has been with us since aged 10 was trialing with you at age 14, especially considering that he was a talent all this while.

I think you should change acquaintances/friends and by that I mean make up new imaginary friends.

khoazany

I think you got the timing wrong.I believe that happened when Rashford was 7 or something, not 13-14.

You were right about the boycotting it has nothing to do with Rashford.It happened because City was trying to poached every decent United youngster for a good few years, especially at the age U9s-U12s or even the pre-academy lads who were training at our facilities.You were successful in some cases although tbf we did get 1 lad from you who are extremely promising and recently there is another lad moving to us for some unknown reason.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
You're right. It's just not the right time to compare the two players. They are both similar in terms of where they are at currently.

Yea that was a pretty random statement from me, height does help though. But there is just not enough sample to choose from.
Hey, at least you admitted it ;) and like you said if there aren't enough samples to choose from, better to wait for them to play more.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Except Rashford was known for his technical ability since his time in the under 12s and only hit a growth spurt in the last two years.

Sb_16

Here what Rashford's first coach at Fletcher Moss Rangers, David Horrocks, said:

Like most talented kids, Marcus wasn't just scouted by one club,

He went to the Moss Side development centre at United and City knew he was going well so he also trained at their academy at Platt Lane which was close to his home in Fallowfield.

City offered him a chance to play for the club and said they'd build their team around him.

United were worried about losing out because City was so convenient geographically.

So they called me to see if I could drive him into their training ground at The Cliff on a Sunday morning.

United had a programme to develop individual skills,

The ethos was laid down by Meulensteen and all the coaches followed it.

It suited Marcus down to the ground because he was allowed to have the ball and express himself rather than just pass-pass-pass.

Boys can't sign a piece of paper with any club until their ninth birthday. It was around that time Marcus decided he wanted to go to United.

In his words as I drove him to The Cliff, he could see himself being a better footballer under their programme.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...y-Premier-League-transfer-news-gossip-rumours

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
I think you got the timing wrong.I believe that happened when Rashford was 7 or something, not 13-14.

You were right about the boycotting it has nothing to do with Rashford.It happened because City was trying to poached every decent United youngster for a good few years, especially at the age U9s-U12s or even the pre-academy lads who were training at our facilities.You were successful in some cases although tbf we did get 1 lad from you who are extremely promising and recently there is another lad moving to us for some unknown reason.
I stand corrected re his age.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
It"s difficult, Iheanacho is so good in the box, it's unreal. His decision making in the box is sublime and he just has that amazing instinct, strength and finishing. Rashford is more complete imo with better dribbling, more pace and his link up play. I cant pick a winner yet, both absolutely amazing talents. But I think if you put Iheanacho in an attacking team, he'll just garantue goals. And a lot of them.

namco

I know city's academy coaches very well
You mean you know someone, who knows another person, that knows that person, who saw 1 of the City coaches accross the street. :)

Why do all you Berties seem to think you are good friends with the clubs management. Mansour would stone most of you to death it it would make him a few quid. Get a grip FFS.

as-95

You mean you know someone, who knows another person, that knows that person, who saw 1 of the City coaches accross the street. :)

Why do all you Berties seem to think you are good friends with the clubs management. Mansour would stone most of you to death it it would make him a few quid. Get a grip FFS.
:lol:

RooneyLegend

Rashford vs Martial is a far more interesting topic.
Not sure myself. Martial is more gifted technically but he's behind Rashford in understanding the game. Rashford imo will reach his peak level far sooner while Martial is going to take a bit longer to fully understand how to be completely effective as an attacker. His awareness at times is just really poor. As athletes they're of the same level while Rashford is a far more natural finisher.

Z_Wolf

Need to see Rashford play consistently like Martial has done last season but from what I've seen Rashford looks the better player at least for now. Both are exciting though

Last edited:

RedCurry

Hey, at least you admitted it ;) and like you said if there aren't enough samples to choose from, better to wait for them to play more.
Yes it's always tough to compare two young players. My gut says that Rashford will go on to be a bigger player out of the two. There is that desire and attitude combined with skill that you don't often see.

Physically if you compare Rashford who scored against midtjylland and the one who scored against hull, it's quite evident that he's put on some good amount of muscle. I just hope he stays injury free.

Irrational.

He led the line pretty well. A bit inconsistent/ erratic in his decision making but that'll improve.

When he came off City lacked a focal point and looked far less dangerous.

NK86

He led the line pretty well. A bit inconsistent/ erratic in his decision making but that'll improve.

When he came off City lacked a focal point and looked far less dangerous.
City looked like scoring on every counter.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Well, for those saying that Iheanacho doesn't score in big games ...

He was pretty decent today.
To be honest he miscontrolled a bit again today and made a couple of silly errors Rashford doesn't make. but as always with Kelechi right place at the right time, its that knack goal machines have. Shearer, RVN, Fowler. Great strikers score tap ins because they have this knack of being where they need to be. For the love of me I can't understand why Pellers said he was a no.10 and not a no.9.

Rashford was brilliant for you guys when he came on. I'm starting to really believe the hype. I hope the english media don't build him up and tear him down like the do to so many though.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Iheanhacho got an assist and goal today? That is not bad. It will be interesting to see how these two develop. Rashford Seem to have a lot of potential but Iheanancho seems just like a player who knows how to score goals.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think they're both super talents. I don't really like the constant need to compare youngsters but, if you're going to do it, you should at least wait until they're both getting a consistent run in their respective teams.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Rashford is significantly better than Iheanacho imo. There's just a bit more magic about him.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Rashford is significantly better than Iheanacho imo. There's just a bit more magic about him.
Really? I mean I can understand saying he's better, but significantly? I doubt you'd get a neutral saying those words.

There's very little between them really, two top talents although arguably Rashford looks like he has a bit more to his overall game because of his dribbling ability.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Significantly more exciting maybe in the way he plays the game but Iheanacho already has a phenomenal scoring rate in goal per minute and is lethal in the box. They are very, very different styled players. Who will be more effective long term? Who knows.