Rashford vs Saka vs Foden: The English Starboy Trinity

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Three incredible players with plenty of time at the top level remaining,

Age: Rashford is the oldest at 25, Foden is 22 and Saka 21

Appearances: Rashford is at 222 appearances for United and 51 for England, Foden has 115/22 and Saka 114/24

Foden currently has the trophies, Rashford the goals and Saka is the youngest and has arguably the highest potential. When it's all said and done who will claim the crown as undisputed Starboy?

footyfan019

Supports
Arsenal
Having all 3 of them and not winning anything will be an embarrassment for Southgate. I really hope these 3 reach to their potential.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Can't believe you haven't mentioned the real starboy...

:nervous:

Lee565

2 of them probably still won't start in the next euros with southgate's love for kane and sterling

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
2 of them probably still won't start in the next euros with southgate's love for kane and sterling
Saka has that RW spot locked I think. Rashford mostly would replace Sterling as I think by that time Sterling wont even be a regular for Chelsea.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not actually sure who will end up the best but it's good to see England are still capable of pumping out quality players. I always worried a bit after the "Golden Generation" that producing players of that quality was a one-off but players like those mentioned does give you hope.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Three incredible players with plenty of time at the top level remaining,

Age: Rashford is the oldest at 25, Foden is 22 and Saka 21

Appearances: Rashford is at 222 appearances for United and 51 for England, Foden has 115/22 and Saka 114/24

Foden currently has the trophies, Rashford the goals and Saka is the youngest and has arguably the highest potential. When it's all said and done who will claim the crown as undisputed Starboy?
The middle one:

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Foden feels kinda lost this season. Needs to find a settled position and I don't think it's on the left week. Doesn't seem to as influential when playing there and I will pick Saka over him on the right

cyberman

Foden feels kinda lost this season. Needs to find a settled position and I don't think it's on the left week. Doesn't seem to as influential when playing there and I will pick Saka over him on the right
I blame Haaland. He offers no options to play off of so Foden is isolated on the left

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not sure Rashford has as much potential as the other two but you never know given his end product this season. Also they'll find it hard to play together given nobody can play as a striker.

captaincantona

Foden will struggle outside of a Pep set up…there…I said it. Not sure how easy he w finds it for England without the extra numbers to play off that Peps tactics generate. He need players on his wavelength and other coaches simply don’t set up that way.

justboy68

And just a couple of years ago you would have had Sancho in this conversation too. Let's hope he can rejoin it.

mikeyt

Foden needs to play centrally. Sterlings days with England are surely limited now to a bench option at best and Mount is massively over-rated. That being said throw in Grealish among others and to not win something is criminal with the attacking talent we have. I've said it many times but this England generation will be wasted by one of the most inept coaches to have the job.

El Zoido

Why is every good young player a “Starboy” now. I first heard it with Greenwood and now it’s a thing apparently. Gonna put it alongside “GOAT” as annoying terms everyone uses now that boil my piss for no logical reason.

Foden.

Rashford blows hot and cold whilst Saka just isn't as good. He works hard but lacks the talent of the other two.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Foden.

Rashford blows hot and cold whilst Saka just isn't as good. He works hard but lacks the talent of the other two.
What talent does Saka lack? He's at the point where he has to be double or triple teamed every game or teams can't handle him. He has 13 G/A in 18 games this season in the league.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Rashford is a bit too old to be considered a starboy now isn't he?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Why is every good young player a “Starboy” now. I first heard it with Greenwood and now it’s a thing apparently. Gonna put it alongside “GOAT” as annoying terms everyone uses now that boil my piss for no logical reason.
I always thought wonderkid/wunderkind sounded fairly daft. Impressive that they've managed to come up with an even worse word for the same thing.

Fecking football twitter no doubt. :mad:

Woodzy

Sancho would be a fairer comparison due to age and obviously he comes out bottom atm because know one knows where the feck he is.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Same. Can't stand these terms. Clutch is another but thankfully people realised how idiotic it sounds.

feck off

I'm getting old

What talent does Saka lack? He's at the point where he has to be double or triple teamed every game or teams can't handle him. He has 13 G/A in 18 games this season in the league.
He's become a consistent performer in a good Arsenal team.

Foden is that bit better at everything and Rashford, when actually in form, is more direct and aggressive than him. Saka is one of the players that does everything well but never strikes fear into an opponent.

Doracle

Foden.

Saka is exceptional. He’s arguably the best right winger in the world currently. Foden feels more at risk than the other two of not fulfilling his talent. He’s a cog in the City team but not currently showing too much sign of dominating games himself. He’s still young though and could easily move up a level in performances very quickly.

As for England, they obviously should be playing all three off Kane.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The Weeknd had a song that was done to death on every station a while back, that's where the hipsters picked it up from.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Foden will struggle outside of a Pep set up…there…I said it. Not sure how easy he w finds it for England without the extra numbers to play off that Peps tactics generate. He need players on his wavelength and other coaches simply don’t set up that way.
Yeah other coaches just tell their players to go out and enjoy themselves. No tactics just vibes

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
He's become a consistent performer in a good Arsenal team.

Foden is that bit better at everything and Rashford, when actually in form, is more direct and aggressive than him. Saka is one of the players that does everything well but never strikes fear into an opponent.
Tell me you don't watch Saka without telling me you don't watch Saka. There's very few things Foden is better than Saka at.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Would Foden work as a false 9 with Rashford and Saka as inverted forwards?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Same. Can't stand these terms. Clutch is another but thankfully people realised how idiotic it sounds.

feck off

I'm getting old
I somewhat understand vague labels like starboy, but come on, clutch means a very specific thing in sports. Why is it idiotic to say it?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Football being one of them.
Are you sure it's football you're watching? I'm genuinely curious how you think Foden is a bit better than Saka at everything.

As I see it Saka is faster, stronger, has a better weak foot, has better crossing and shooting, is better at beating a fullback and is generally just better at being a winger than Foden.

The only things I can see Foden being obviously better at are his technique/close control and passing.

Rossa

Saka looking the most talented, Rashford with the most lethal skillset of pace, power and finishing, and Foden the most punchable. A great squad needs all three.

Foden, to me, is not as good as the other two. He works well for Pep, but he isn't particularly creative. He isn't quick enough to play on the left, but he is a very good option to play from the right as he has that uncanny ability to fool the defender and get a yard or two to fire a shot, which are often quite dangerous.

Saka is a weird one. He isn't the fastest winger, but he always manages to glide past, and he is also surprisingly strong for his build. He's the best dribbler of the three, and arguably has the most complete skillset.

Rashford is the fastest, most powerful and most direct by some margin. He also seems to get into more scoring situations. His dribbling in tight corners is erratic at best, and he has a tendency of running into blind alleys. At his best in a counter attacking side, perhaps, which is very different to Foden and Saka.

Saka most likely to turn out the best, and then I have Rashford as a very possible number two. Both of them probably will punch Foden at some stage.