2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Fahad Jawaid

I would not blame him much, he is just very raw at this stage, he is somebody who was not even a starter for Atlanta. It is just shocking management from the club, to go into a season with such a raw and inexperienced player as a starter. We should have signed Kane, the difference today was staggering between both players, one was bullied and on his ass whole day, the other was acting as a playmaker and striker with huge gulf in technical ability as well. Holjlund should be bench player who could come on against tired defenses and make difference and get odd goals and not be the source of goals.

Jev

We’ve set him up to fail and his confidence is nosediving. It was obvious to those of us who knew him that he was nowhere near ready for the role we signed him for but as always people got carried away by a transfer and wouldn’t hear of it. I have severe doubts as to whether he’ll ever be good enough to start for us but he certainly isn’t right now.

RuudTom83

From kick-off it was basically going to be one of those games where you are asking him to sacrifice himself and run all game with very little service.

Thankless task but his attitude was good...which is now the levels we have dropped for praising players.

Last edited:

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Like all our other attackers. Feels a good 2/3 years away from being ready. They should be starting dead rubber games, not games we have to win. Diabolical recruitment and planning really.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We’ve set him up to fail and his confidence is nosediving. It was obvious to those of us who knew him that he was nowhere near ready for the role we signed him for but as always people got carried away by a transfer and wouldn’t hear of it. I have severe doubts as to whether he’ll ever be good enough to start for us but he certainly isn’t right now.
It really is not fair for the kid. You could see it from miles away. This Summer window was when common sense just not there within the Club.

And that include some agenda posters.

Bobski

I am not worried about the lack of goals. That can change quickly, it is the rest of his game that has to massively improve, looks years off from being a viable full time starter.,

AndySmith1990

He's not very good really. It's only his age that is giving him a pass. His price tag is mental, but that's not his fault tbf. Just another abysmal decision from Erik Ten Hag

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Not even pressing well anymore. Looks much slower than when he started. Club sucked the life out of the lad.

Devil81

At one point tonight it was played right to him in the box and he let it role straight past him
The defence of him is crazy, he's literally offering nothing at all. We've seen players come into clubs and make huge impacts at 20 years of age, why can't he create his own space to shoot.

75 million at this time looks 50 million pound over what his value should be.

goalscholes

Should be eased into the team but we have no one else. He’s lost all his sharpness and looks exhausted and devoid of confidence

Longshanks

I think he is a bit crap in all honesty. He can hold the ball up, but after that the rest of his game is seriously lacking. Focused too much tonight on having a scrap with Upamenco more interested in the defender than the ball at times.

RedRocket9908

The defence of him is crazy, he's literally offering nothing at all. We've seen players come into clubs and make huge impacts at 20 years of age, why can't he create his own space to shoot.

75 million at this time looks 50 million pound over what his value should be.
I have to agree, he is terrible and way out of his depth at a club this size.

Tonight it was litterally played right to his feet and he stood and let it role straight past him

Idxomer

I don't think he has much of a natural talent.

I know Martial failed in the long term but we have seen what a talented expensive young forward looks like when he was bought. Hojlund needs a huge amount of work and time to be developed. I don't see that happening at a big club, especially at United.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He looked absolutely shagged at the end of the game, doesn't bode well for anfield. Only positive is that we have an extra days rest.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't think he has much of a natural talent.

I know Martial failed in the long term but we have seen what a talented expensive young forward looks like when he was bought. Hojlund needs a huge amount of work and time to be developed. I don't see that happening at a big club, especially at United.
At least Martial came into a defensively sound, possession team - albeit boring and uncreative. That's why he thrived. Hojlund has come into an uncreative, defensive mess.

Bobski

I think he is a bit crap in all honesty. He can hold the ball up, but after that the rest of his game is seriously lacking. Focused too much tonight on having a scrap with Upamenco more interested in the defender than the ball at times.
He really can't, as shown constantly tonight. He might win the odd free kick backing in but he looks like a big lad who has been used to dominating his competition physically and now that he can't he is trying to work his game out. Very typical challenge for a young striker to have to overcome but it leaves him with nothing he really excels at right now. Movement is not great, struggles to get on the end of chances, not very creative for himself, and limited in build up.

RedIan

Weghorst was more involved than rasmus. Neither can score but Weghorst was normal involved a lot more in attacks.

tomaldinho1

Looks knackered every game from about 20mins in. In fairness tonight was a hell matchup for him - two big experienced and physical CBs and next to zero service.

El Zoido

He’d have been fine in a Fergie team. What can you do here? This club is an absolute mess. No judgement can be made. Kane would have flopped here.

RedRocket9908

He’d have been fine in a Fergie team. What can you do here? This club is an absolute mess. No judgement can be made. Kane would have flopped here.
He wouldnt last 5 minutes in a Fergie team as Fergie would never have put up with a player who contributes so little

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
For all these "Look at his movement!" merchants. Watch him on 42 minutes when Garnacho is making his break. He hasn't a fecking clue what he's doing. In, out, in, out, in, out, all the while getting closer to Garnacho and dragging more defenders towards him, ruining the move.

Lentwood

Exactly what you'd expect from a 20YO playing as a lone CF against two of the most physically dominant CBs in the world.

That said, he needs to stop trying to spin his marker. It's one thing about CFs that's always driven me mad, whether it's playing with them or watching them.

Lay the ball off, one touch into midfield and spin. Its the best way to launch attacks.

El Zoido

He wouldnt last 5 minutes in a Fergie team as Fergie would never have put up with a player who contributes so little
He’d have been managed properly and brought in so that he could be utilised. He got far more out of much worse players. If you haven’t noticed, this club makes even good players look like trash, let alone those still in development.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
fecking hell, we've signed the danish Oli Mcburnie. For 72million!! Oli would've cost 50 quid.

Bobski

Exactly what you'd expect from a 20YO playing as a lone CF against two of the most physically dominant CBs in the world.

That said, he needs to stop trying to spin his marker. It's one thing about CFs that's always driven me mad, whether it's playing with them or watching them.

Lay the ball off, one touch into midfield and spin. Its the best way to launch attacks.
This is one of the things I used to love about Andy Cole, always looked to play 1-2 touch max with back to goal, lay it off and go. Missed it when RVN became out main striker and the attack was a lot less fluid, Ruud took a lot more touches in those situations.

Dinghy

Think I'm yet to see him make a bit of space for himself and fire off a shot. Our main striker, ffs... If there's no one to spoonfeed him one on one vs the keeper, he's absolutely helpless.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
For all these "Look at his movement!" merchants. Watch him on 42 minutes when Garnacho is making his break. He hasn't a fecking clue what he's doing. In, out, in, out, in, out, all the while getting closer to Garnacho and dragging more defenders towards him, ruining the move.
I remember that. But i was more disappointed with Antony. He's keeping up with the pace, but on a mile away on the other side. WTF was that? Why didn't he go center? Was he expecting a cross field for him there?

Heinzesight

He’s a 20 year old striker who has been thrown in to an underperforming and depleted team, not much pre-season, with a big price tag and probably not fully fit. Give the guy a chance.

El Zoido

Come on, seriously
I mean I don’t specifically need to defend Højlund cause he’s well short of the level, but yeah I really believe Kane would’ve struggled in this team. I can totally picture the “Kane is past it” threads. Nobody can thrive in this team, we’re fecking abysmal. Beyond awful.

Ludens the Red

Not looking great tbh. I was optimistic with his start. The Galatasaray game he looked the part but in all honesty he’s looked bang average in his last dozen games or so. He isn’t actually making a lot of great runs and the few chances he gets he’s been squandering. We’re not a great side but we are in the top six and he’s our first choice striker and he’s scored zero league goals. That just can’t happen really.
But it just smacks of abysmal planning again. So many people said this was very high risk to go into the season with him as the main forward.