g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Rasmus Hojlund image 11

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Played just 30 minutes for us and already our fastest player this season.

PlayerClubOpponentTop speed (km/h)
Dominic SolankeBournemouthSpurs36.10
Anthony GordonNewcastleMan City35.67
Anthony GordonNewcastleAston Villa35.63
Adama TraoreFulhamArsenal35.55
Rasmus HojlundMan UtdArsenal35.45
Alejandro GarnachoMan UtdSpurs35.01
Ameen Al DakhilBurnleyMan City34.97
Anthony ElangaNott'm ForestSheff Utd34.88
Pedro NetoWolvesMan Utd34.84
Pedro NetoWolvesCrystal Palace34.82

LDUred

Hojlund has to play imo.

He will at the very least put himself about, make runs into channels, compete in the air, hold up the ball, etc, and do the general donkey work that centre forwards are supposed to do.

Martial is an absolute passenger. The sight of him strolling about while the defenders casually stroke the ball about is infuritating. If his shorts had pockets he would have his hands in them.

If Martial plays, Brighton's defenders will consequently push up and play on the centre line, so it makes no sense to pick him when it plays into their hands.

BuzzKillington

Nothing to write home about. A few decent touches here and there.

It was a typical game for Denmark these days. On paper we're better than everyone in the group and everyone we're playing are very happy to sit back and try to counter most of the time. And we're not that good at unlocking defences. Our strikers often end up getting crowded out in or around the box and service into the box isn't that good most of the time. So often a frustrating time. It doesn't help that Hjulmand often seems to have clear favourites.
Are you talking about Denmark or United?

Red Rash

He seems rapid. Is this the overall list? Is he fourth fastest already?

Ollie Derbyshire

That’s cause all the rest play like they’ve been told to calm it down and never go full pelt.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Looking forward to seeing him play today. He should start from the off.

AngliaRed

Rashford could of played him a few times for 1 on 1s but decided to piss about too much.

Puzzling sub for Martial.

miked99

The way he took the disallowed goal was promising, but I feel like he touched the ball half a dozen times in the entire match. He struggled to get involved today.

I'm excited to have him though and he will surely add value once he's fully fit and settled in.

klayton88

It's refreshing to see a hard working number 9. Give it a few months though and we'll be calling for his head.

Stadjer

The sub must have been because Hojlund cant play 90 minutes yet after the injury... otherwise bringing Martial on for Hojlund is just very strange. Would have prefered Garnacho on as the left winger and Rashford as centre forward over Martial though.

zaafi

He brings some much needed tenacity, and has lovely striker's instincts and movement. So excited to have him!

Andersons Dietician

I was quite impressed with what I saw of him today. Should have made a better contact on that first opportunity he had where he got across Dunk but he should of had a few goals today if his strike partner could and would actually pass the ball.

Must have been taken off to protect him or something as taking him off for anything else would just be insane when he looked the most likely to grab a goal.

TrailMonkey

He worked hard but rarely received the ball in a position to do much with it.

Perhaps he could have done better with that early effort (cross from the left) that he didn't make proper contact with. Not his fault his goal was chalked off (correctly).

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The way he took the disallowed goal was promising, but I feel like he touched the ball half a dozen times in the entire match. He struggled to get involved today.

I'm excited to have him though and he will surely add value once he's fully fit and settled in.
He'd have touched it more if our daft left winger knew how to pass the feckin ball

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
No idea why he was subbed off. That sub has made me doubt Ten Hag's state of mind.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Hojlund wasn't injured I can't understand him coming off. One of the few bright sparks today. If his teammates could put the ball in the box more often he'd be a menace.

Superunknown

He worked hard but rarely received the ball in a position to do much with it.

Perhaps he could have done better with that early effort (cross from the left) that he didn't make proper contact with. Not his fault his goal was chalked off (correctly).
I agree with most of that. I don't agree with your last bit about the goal because I don't think we have conclusive evidence. From my point of view, the goal should have stood. A top down angle would have cleared this one up and is the only way to resolve the situation.

He worked hard but didn't get the ball. We did a very shit job of getting him on the ball. I was disappointed in how little Rashford tried to play him in.

izec

Rashford could have given him 2 assists for 2 easy tap ins.

His runs are great, but our players are too selfish or dont go for the killer ball when they need to. Infuriating.

Sgreddevil

Can't blame him for the few chances provided to him which I thought he did well with them. ETH needs to play around him and he would be an asset. Weird decision to take him off for Martial who looked invisible in the game.

Dannn411

Great potential. Just hope his potential is not destroyed here. He has most of what he needs to be a good striker going forward.

Sylar

Liked what I see and we need him basically to go injury free now for the sake of our season. He looks like a striker that any manager would like to have. Should have had a goal (not even counting the one that was disallowed)

His hold up is strong and hopefully we start delivering to him instead of our players being selfish

Telsim

He was quite good. Not much service, but this is how it is around here.

The boos when he was subbed really caught me off guard, though. I guess the crowd also liked what they saw.