2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Grande

Well we can't use french rules for a foreign word. A french would try to pronounce it like a danish or not pronounce it at all.
Empirically speaking, I have a French colleague, and she pronounces every single Norwegian word according to French rules of pronunciation.

The Norwegian understanding of Danish btw is that they speak Norwegian trying to follow French rules of pronunciation, but mixes it up with Dutch. But then again, they colonized us for four hundred years, which tends to skew perceptions a bit.

So I guess not pronouncing it at all would be the safest option.

RedStarUnited

This is incorrect. Martial is at 140 and Jesus is at 108.
You sure mate?

PlayerMinutes playedTotal Goal Contributions (Goals and Assists)Min per Contribution
Jesus234719 (11 Goals / 8 Assists)124
Martial144212 (9 Goals / 3 Assists)120

Source
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gab...22&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anthony-martial/leistungsdaten/spieler/182877/plus/0?saison=2022

Why is Gabriel Jesus being used as a benchmark for other players? He's absolute dog-shit.
Mate, it makes zero sense! I blame that Arsenal fan.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But we were? Lukaku and then Haaland? We were also interested in Mandzukic when LvG was at Man Utd. Even Cavani deserve a mention.
Lukaku perhaps, and Haaland is of course Haaland himself, the person who I have stated was the catalyst for this transition. Lukaku has always been Mourinho’s type anyway, I don’t think he was so much one for the Henry centre forward profile.

The others were not strikers we saw as long term solutions. They were temp plasters and short term options. I don’t think they necessarily reflect on what we saw our ideal profile as.

Ultimately, I don’t see Hojlund’s market value being what it was if not for Haaland making that type more fashionable at the very top.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's a stretch in the same way that the English word "island" sounds like the Danish name "Højlund". Silent H, nasal "un", soft D and such in French.
I'm even more confused. The safest way to butcher that name is to pronounce it in french, there would be no H, D and N while the J would be strong.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I'm even more confused. The safest way to butcher that name is to pronounce it in french, there would be no H, D and N while the J would be strong.
Yes exactly. So a bit like the suggestion of "island" (in English) sounding like "Højlund" (or probably how and English person would pronounce it). Of course you have to squint but whatever about that, it makes sense to me.

JPRouve

Scout
Yes exactly. So a bit like the suggestion of "island" (in English) sounding like "Højlund" (or probably how and English person would pronounce it). Of course you have to squint but whatever about that, it makes sense to me.
To be honest if the Forvo pronunciation is correct, Island is not that far for my foreigner ears. Any french pronunciation sounds absolutely wild though. :D

PSV

Last season in premier league

Jesus - 18 g/a in 2064 mins = 114
Martial - 9 g/a in 970 mins = 107
You sure mate?

PlayerMinutes playedTotal Goal Contributions (Goals and Assists)Min per Contribution
Jesus234719 (11 Goals / 8 Assists)124
Martial144212 (9 Goals / 3 Assists)120

Source
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gab...22&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/anthony-martial/leistungsdaten/spieler/182877/plus/0?saison=2022

Mate, it makes zero sense! I blame that Arsenal fan.
I used the word "ever". It bears a different meaning than "last season".

Ekeke

It amuses me how much opinions of a players worth are controlled by the surrounding narrative.

Rashford scored 30 goals and provided 11 assists last season, and half the caf thinks he's rubbish, or it was 'a purple patch' (one hell of a 'patch', that :lol:).
Hojlund came on a sub and touched the ball twice or something and he's already better than Gabriel Jesus apparently. :confused:

On here you're either AMAZING! or A CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER!

Why does everything have to be so hyperbolic all the time?
I've been wondering for many many years.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Can this club become any more of a joke :lol:. Always in the headlines for all the wrong reasons…
It's not like the club makes the letters for the names. It would have been an official Adidas supplier and dependent on them.

Don't know why people seem to think it's the clubs fault for everything.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It's not like the club makes the letters for the names. It would have been an official Adidas supplier and dependent on them.

Because 9 times out of 10 it is the clubs fault :lol:

Redcy

Because the narrative is that the club is shit, the team is shit and Hojlund is shit, please get with it.

Lyng

Yeah that would be wrong.
It should be pronounces like this: Hoylun. H is not silent but the D is. And øj is basically how the british say OY!

binary bot
Probably the best possible outcome to reading feck’s sake upon entering a thread :lol:

Meep

Lindelof. Hojlund. Who cares if we totally switch the letters?

RuudTom83

Have a day off! ffs

The endless need to complain and moan about everything is so draining to scroll through...I'm talking about all social media and football news sites.

JPRouve

Scout
Have a day off! ffs

The endless need to complain and moan about everything is so draining to scroll through...I'm talking about all social media and football news sites.
He says while needlessly complaining. :smirk:

We Need Another Rebuild

I think he plays 60 minutes Saturday, think Brighton are a perfect game for him to start.

They play a high line, like to press from the front, will be space in between the lines and space in behind to stretch them. Think his link up play and ability to out muscle CBs will give us a greater grip on a game like this than previous years, as when we have tried to break or get out we have played the ball up to Martial who loses it then it just comes straight back creating waves of pressure.

First Outlet we have had in years, really excited to see how he copes against a very good side, hopefully puts in a good performance before Bayern midweek.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He reminds me a little on Alen Boksic. Big, strong but yet extremely mobile and pacey. I hope he will have much better luck with injuries than Alen.