2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sparky Rhiwabon

You can see he’s got potential but not sure he’s ready for this level yet. Maybe he could do with a loan to somewhere like Middlesbrough in January.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Service excuse should be over by now. He should be more involved in game but he is not. He just can't position himself in right place. He can be talented as it goes but zero goals and zero assusts in 8 PL games is appalling stat

Djemba-Djemba

You can see he’s got potential but not sure he’s ready for this level yet. Maybe he could do with a loan to somewhere like Middlesbrough in January.
We're not sending a 60m striker or whatever he was out on loan to a championship side.

He's been a bright spot this season but I thought today he was poor.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nope, his lack of technique was apparent at Atalanta and was commented on before his move.

It is clearly not better than Haaland's who's very efficient with his use of the ball.
Haaland plays for city you think he’d look “technically efficient” if he played for us? Repeating what other fans said is irrelevant I’ve watched his every game here and his issue is clearly nothing to do with technical ability. He holds up the ball well and runs with the ball well. Show me some instances of this poor technical ability?

TrustInJanuzaj

I fecking knew this place would turn on him as soon as possible. Such a toxic board full of sheep.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
What has he shown in the league? He's too weak, he misses what little chances he geg's, and his hold up play is nowhere near as good as his fanboys say it is. He did nothing today.

RuudTom83

His attributes could be used in midfield, he could try staying deeper and using the selfish wide players more. If the team can't create for him, then maybe he can create for the team?

Not getting on his back, just giving an observation.

TrustInJanuzaj

What has he shown in the league? He's too weak, he misses what little chances he geg's, and his hold up play is nowhere near as good as his fanboys say it is. He did nothing today.
Great physicality, good hold up play, good eye for goal (such as the arsenal one). He’s getting absolutely zero chances. Use your head ffs.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
There were worrying signs today that the malaise around the club has gotten to Hojlund. He's still chasing but not pressing like he was a month ago. His hold up play lacks the same conviction that we saw in places like Munich. You can see there's a lack of belief in his play, he's making runs but with less belief the ball will actually get to him. Alarmingly, he was flat footed when the ball broke more than once today. That wasn't the case a few weeks ago and it shows he's no longer prepared to spring into action, he's lost the belief that the ball will come to him. We badly need to start making more chances for him and show the kid it's worth his time to run the channels and make himself available.

philippexyz

Had a bad game. Struggled with the physicality of the PL particularly today. There is hope, room for improvement.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
we didn’t beat the 007 allegations

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I fecking knew this place would turn on him as soon as possible. Such a toxic board full of sheep.
Turn on him? He has zero goals and assists in 8 games in league. And it is not that he is involved in build up or something. What should we say? That he is doing great?

evil_geko

Anyone already giving up on the young lad this early in his United career is a joker. But people already predicted that will happen, Caf doing Caf things. God forbid very young player is given time to develop. The modern generation of fans that only want instant success, devoted of any sort of patience.

The Mitcher

Great physicality, good hold up play, good eye for goal (such as the arsenal one). He’s getting absolutely zero chances. Use your head ffs.
He's gotten out muscled and outplayed by every league degence. His hold up play is not good enough and he loses the ball. Also 0 goals 7 appearences is an eye for a goal? You're embarrassing yourself :lol:

Frank Grimes

Very heavy footed. Also because he is a big man he can't turn quickly.

I'm not doubting his effort and desire and he has a lot of plus points and we can all see he is feeding off scraps but parts of his game need major work. I was expecting him to be more technically accomplished.

TrustInJanuzaj

Stop being melodramatic. What's he ACTUALLY done bar two games on the champions league?
Maybe people could use their heads and eyes and base it on the context of the team? Oh wait logic….nah you don’t get that here. He’s done about as well as you can hope in a team this poor. Do you honestly think Harry Kane would be banging in goals in this side. Absolutely no chance.

TrustInJanuzaj

He's gotten out muscled and outplayed by every league degence. His hold up play is not good enough and he loses the ball. Also 0 goals 7 appearences is an eye for a goal? You're embarrassing yourself :lol:
Continue to be a reactionary sheep slagging off our own players. You do you fella. I know I’d hate to be in the trenches with you.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This is player performance thread, not player potential thread.
Good hold up play? How many times he did it today? 2
Eye for goal? When?

evil_geko

Maybe people could use their heads and eyes and base it on the context of the team? Oh wait logic….nah you don’t get that here. He’s done about as well as you can hope in a team this poor. Do you honestly think Harry Kane would be banging in goals in this side. Absolutely no chance.
We don't do logic or common sense on here, the only way is the way of constant moaning and misery.

The Mitcher

Continue to be a reactionary sheep slagging off our own players. You do you fella. I know I’d hate to be in the trenches with you.
Complete nonsense. Try mot being delusional, yourself. You only defend him because he's a ETH signing.

Idxomer

Haaland plays for city you think he’d look “technically efficient” if he played for us? Repeating what other fans said is irrelevant I’ve watched his every game here and his issue is clearly nothing to do with technical ability. He holds up the ball well and runs with the ball well. Show me some instances of this poor technical ability?
I'm not repeating what others said, I noticed that well before his move. Look at any of his compilations. He loses the ball a lot because of poor touches, his passing is also quite average. The stats back that up too.

Zlatans Knee

I feel sorry for him, he has come into a team that has a badly malfunctioning attack. He is getting close to zero chances per game. He is working his socks off. He didn't have the best game today but he is only 20 so that is going to happen. He is still the least of our problems.

lex talionis

First of all, it’s absurd — as in insane — to compare Harry Kane to Rasmus Hojlund. Kane isn’t the type of striker who requires perfect service. He takes scraps of chances and scores bags of goals. Spurs were never a chance creating machine under Conte and previous managers yet Harry was a goal scoring machine under all of them.

We’re asking too much of Hojlund, who just wasn’t ready for the PL. He’s a fantastic young prospect but the PL is a hard slog. He needs time.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Because he gets close to nothing from his team mates. Bruno scored, but his general play was awful (par the course for him) and there was little output from Antony and Garnacho. Ironically, Dalot actually made an overlap and created a chance right after he gets taken off, which resulted in that half chance Martial had.

Bobski

I am not overly worried about the lack of goals, it is the heavy touch and poor weight of pass that is more concerning to me.

The Mitcher

Because he gets close to nothing from his team mates. Bruno scored, but his general play was awful (par the course for him) and there was little output from Antony and Garnacho. Ironically, Dalot actually made an overlap and created a chance right after he gets taken off, which resulted in that half chance Martial had.
That's not an excuse after nearly 10 games.

Hester_manc

One can point to Højlund as a problem. But you also have to look at the bigger picture. He is new to the club, 20 years old and part of an attack that does not score goals or make assists. There is only 1 of our most offensive players who has made 1 goal and 1 assist. The rest have not actually been able to produce anything at all. It suggests a bigger attacking problem at United and not just a Højlund problem.

Walters_19_MuFc

I am not overly worried about the lack of goals, it is the heavy touch and poor weight of pass that is more concerning to me.
Interesting. A striker is paid to score goals, and ultimately, that's what he'll be judged on.

Forgive me for comparing him to one of the best strikers in the world, but Haaland isn't the most polished player when it comes to his overall play, but he makes up for it with goals.

Listen, Hojlund has come into a team that struggle to create chances, and he's feeding off scraps, so it was always going to be difficult for him, but I'd prefer a player with a mid touch and pass, who scores goals, over a player with class technique, who doesn't. Unfortunately, Hojlund is neither at the moment, but he's 20 and will improve.

LennartsParadis

How is it possible to be this delusional? Dude got what, maybe 3 passes to his feet in total?
As usual he spends the game chasing 30/70 balls in the air. How can you make any assessment based on that?

Are you's even watching the game(s)?!