g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Rasmus Hojlund image 11

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

laughtersassassin

He should be doing better. But my word, can some one please actually try and give the lad some chances??

He's struggling but also there is enormous pressure because he's getting one chance a game, and snatching at everything. 3/4 times in the first half he made the best run or movement and the ball never comes despite a pass being on for him. It's maddening. Pass him the fecking ball.
Other than having 1 or 2 prem goals I'm not sure he actually should be doing better.

Perferomance wise he is already our best attacker. He causes teams issues but we just create absolutely nothing.

If he was playing for City or Liverpool I'd have no doubt he'd be having an amazing season.

Goals wise he is doing worse than I expected but we have only scored 11 goals in 10 games so that's clearly a team issue.

Perferomance wise I'd actually say he is doing better than I expected

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Have you seen the stats about Bruno passing to Højlund? He is basically passing to him zero times each match. Its insane.
It's unbelievable mate. It's basically like at 5 a side where you don't pass to the lad you don't like :lol: I jest but it's maddening as I said, they should be looking for him far more since, you know, HE'S OUR STRIKER :houllier:

Other than having 1 or 2 prem goals I'm not sure he actually should be doing better.

Perferomance wise he is already our best attacker. He causes teams issues but we just create absolutely nothing.

If he was playing for City or Liverpool I'd have no doubt he'd be having an amazing season.

Goals wise he is doing worse than I expected but we have only scored 11 goals in 10 games so that's clearly a team issue.

Perferomance wise I'd actually say he is doing better than I expected
I'm being harsh for sure, as I think he maybe should have put one of those chances away and also unlucky v Brighton for his goal, but as I said I have far more of an issue with everyone else. I really like the look of him, but working off of basically nothing as a striker while the team fails to even look to pass to you must be frustrating AF. Try Mount right wing, Garnacho left wing (since they can actually pass a ball) and see what happens. It genuinely cannot be worse for him than it is regarding chances.

RuudTom83

You need to build partnerships within the team...constant changes to a team in terrible form is not really a great environment for a 20 year old to learn his position in a new league.

But he is doing ok.

Be patient.

ClassOf'99

The criticism in here is crazy :houllier:

We had the perfect contrast yesterday, Haaland has less work to do, gets more chances and still only got 1 goal from open in 3 SOTs in a fully functioning City team!

Højlund got 0 chances created for him except the one by Foden of all people, Rashford wasn't looking for him, McT refused to find him and Bruno, well the less said about captain fantastic the better.

I'm not saying he is or ever will be at Haaland's level but a few have rightly pointed out most strikers get 3/4 chances a game which usually results in 1/2 goals.

I don't know how you can expect a striker to score with 0 chances :lol:

I like the lad, he's a handful, good hold up play and interlinking, strong, has a bit of pace about him and occupies defenders, all he needs is players actively trying to find him because at the moment he's having to create for himself.

Which annoys me even more than he's being subbed when players who will/would look for him are coming on, i.e Eriksen last game, Garnacho this.

Also you could see we clearly had no threat going forward once he was off the pitch.

There are far worse players/problems in this team than a 20 year old who is actively trying and wanting to play for the badge.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Doing good enough for now in this team, will improve with time.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think on the rare occasions he actually gets the ball he's improving game on game. His touch is good, he can dribble in tight spaces and his hold up play is looking promising in general.

It's just a shame he never gets the ball because we're shite.

IRN-BRUno

You can see the potential with him, the end product is still quite raw but that's to be expected of someone his age with not much experience at a top level. It doesn't help when he gets himself into good positions but is ignored like in the first couple of minutes yesterday when McTominay decided to shoot instead of playing the obvious pass.

Ideally he'd be here as back-up initially to someone more experienced instead of having all the pressure on him. He looks to be the kind of character that can deal with that but it's perhaps not best for his development.

L1nk

What is Hojlund supposed to do, genuinely, nobody around him, nobody passing, nobody creating chances

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Have you seen the stats about Bruno passing to Højlund? He is basically passing to him zero times each match. Its insane.
That's really weird. Where are all of his xA and chance creation stats going to? Rashford and the other winger?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That's really weird. Where are all of his xA and chance creation stats going to? Rashford and the other winger?
Rashford, Casemiro and Eriksen more than likely.
Specifically to Hojlund I can only remember Rashford and Dalot consistently looking for him

spiriticon

He'll get better but let us be honest here, his current level is that of a 10-goal a season striker in Serie A, never mind the Premier League.

We needed someone with more experience but I accept that the CF market is very tight.

Lost bear

I’m not saying that he’s the primary cause for us not scoring goals nor lacks class. I think he will be a great striker for us a couple of years down the road.

Just saying that if we had someone like Rooney or Van Persie(which is something we need if we should have the chance to compete for the title or cement top 4), he’d be used as a sub. I feel people are expecting too much of him as we speak.
Ah, ok. Yes, I’d tend to agree on that.

Blood Mage

A mid-table PL striker who'll be a bench option at best when we finally get our shit together.

Red Star One

He’s a very talented player no doubt and has a great chance to develop into a top player, but it will take time, so those that already criticize him for not being lethal with all the half chances might have a hard time - there’s much more to come and he will need at least a full season to keep developing and adapting to the league. One of our lesser problems, although we obviously cried for a striker that was ready to bag 15-20 goals a season from the go. This season is a write off anyway, so I think best we can do over next months is to just allow him develop and adapt to the tactics of the probable new manager

Devil81

I'm getting a bit bored of him now, we see teams fighting relegation and around midtable with strikers who manage to score goals with little supply. Too many excuses being made in terms of the service. He's played some of the worst sides in the league during his early days with the club and he's not looked like scoring.

75 million pounds should have bought us a prolific striker that could actually create his own goals. All this no service stuff is just excuses.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
His xG is around the level of Burnley and Luton forwards. Appalling service.

Dragam

I'm getting a bit bored of him now, we see teams fighting relegation and around midtable with strikers who manage to score goals with little supply. Too many excuses being made in terms of the service. He's played some of the worst sides in the league during his early days with the club and he's not looked like scoring.

75 million pounds should have bought us a prolific striker that could actually create his own goals. All this no service stuff is just excuses.
Does 81 refer to your IQ ?

L1nk

God I hate this fanbase sometimes, we deserve everything we get with comments like this. Absolutely no clue whatsoever but hardly surprising.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I wasnt a fan of his when we were in the hunt for him, didnt really see him as being what we needed.
I now think he could become someone really important for us but seriously he needs some help out there. We are letting him down badly.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Put away the grapes, get off your chaise longue and post like a normal person instead of an entitled Roman emperor all the time.

75 million pounds should have bought us a prolific striker that could actually create his own goals
You have quite the delusions about football.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Why is United's chart 1-50 mins and City's is 1-91 mins?

Not saying it would look any different, but it would be a good chart to compare if the mins were the same...or am I reading it wrong?
My guess would be that it's to compare the starting XIs. We made a sub at half time (after 5 mins added time, so 50 mins of play for our first XI), City didn't make a sub until 86 mins (with the 5 mins at the end of the first half, their first XI played 91).

Ole'sgunnarwin

Let's say Ronaldo, Weghorst and Hojlund have been the last 'number 9s' we've had since the start of last season.

Ronaldo 10 matches 1 goal.
Weghorst 17 matches 0 goals
Hojlund 9 matches 0 goals.

That's one goal in 36 matches from our centre forwards.

Oranges038

Let's say Ronaldo, Weghorst and Hojlund have been the last 'number 9s' we've had since the start of last season.

Ronaldo 10 matches 1 goal.
Weghorst 17 matches 0 goals
Hojlund 9 matches 0 goals.

That's one goal in 36 matches from our centre forwards.
That just proves they is all shit. Absolutely nothing to do with the wingers not creating or the fullbacks being unable to cross the ball.

Swiss_Red89

There is not enough service for him, I agree. But he had chances to score already during these PL games. It's not like he had absolutely no service. He needs to start to put the limited chances away.

ForeverRed1

He’s got a selfish left winger who has 0 chemistry with him to his left and Antony who can’t pass or cross with his right foot - on the right/ or Bruno who is off form.

He needs the service to be a lot better, hopefully the wingers can get their acts together soon, we need them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
That just proves they is all shit. Absolutely nothing to do with the wingers not creating or the fullbacks being unable to cross the ball.
Maybe it proves our wingers and fullbacks are dogshit? Not a farfetched thought.

justboy68

Least of the problems. Whether he will end up being good enough to be our starting striker in the long run who knows, but he is not to blame for what we've been serving up.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Better to look at their xG vs goals. I specifically remember Weghorst missing a ton of chances

Marwood

He was probably better than Haaland at weekend. Or more involved at least.

The difference is Haaland got three chances put on a plate for him and took one.

Did we create a single proper chance for Hojlund?

laughtersassassin

He was probably better than Haaland at weekend. Or more involved at least.

The difference is Haaland got three chances put on a plate for him and took one.

Did we create a single proper chance for Hojlund?
It's a good point. Obviously he is not better than Haaland but if we swap who plays for who I've no doubt Hojlund scores against us in that game and Haaland comes out with no goals.

People saying he has had chances and missed I really don't think he has had many chances at all. At best maybe he could have one or two but also he put away some chances that where marginally offside by himself or others or even the one where the ball went out of play.

Personally I think his goalscoring chances have been extremely limited and he just hasn't got the rub of the green as of yet.

There is a reason our entire attack has only scored 1 goal between them. Because we are absolutely shite at the minute.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Impossible to prove the point with hard data, but from what I have observed in watching professional football for 50 years is that top CFs aren't served glorious chances very often. They actually make the most of half chances or even nonchances. Even Ruud, the Dutch tap in master, rarely scored on a chance that would have been "easy" for a mediocre striker like Martial. Ruud would burst a lung and run through brick walls to get into that tap in position. Even Ole, a squad player, didn't often score goals that were perfectly teed up for him -- he fed off scraps and scored brilliant goals that lesser players like Martial could only dream of.

Very early days for Rasmus, but from what we've seen so far is that he looks more like an RvN whose athleticism and commitment will enable him to score off scraps and individual desire. As a squad we're just not built to create scoring glorious chances that lesser players who crave the perfect ball dream of scoring.

jem

There is not enough service for him, I agree. But he had chances to score already during these PL games. It's not like he had absolutely no service. He needs to start to put the limited chances away.
Unless my memory is failing me, he has had some bad luck with goals being overturned. He's one of the few players in this team I'm not overly worried about.

Cantonagotmehere

His touch and hold up play is very good and better than I thought it would be, he's also creative in the box. In a 'good' team he would have a bunch more goals, IMHO. I think he is going to be very good for us. I would like another striker to compete with him though.

With the ownership still a mess obviously, the only players I really focus on (care about) are:

Hojlund
Mount
Dalot
Garnacho
Hannibal
Amrabat
Any youngin'

Man Utd 0:3 Newcastle

Irwin99

Wonder how many shots he's actually had on goal since joining us? Notice lots of people are saying we failed to pick him out when he came on again.

Obviously Wout was a terrible striker for us but it always seemed he barely had a shot on goal either. It's kind of important if you're going to score goals for teammates to find your striker.

tomaldinho1

Wonder how many shots he's actually had on goal since joining us? Notice lots of people are saying we failed to pick him out when he came on again.

Obviously Wout was a terrible striker for us but it always seemed he barely had a shot on goal either. It's kind of important if you're going to score goals for teammates to find your striker.
There was no difference between him and Tony when he came on. The only chance they get is a lofted ball which is going to be very hard to bring down or something fizzed into them, usually a bad pass, and there's always two players on them.

Slevs

likes to play with penises

When your wingers' first instinct is to shoot at the goal and only pass when the shot is impossible, then its hard to get him chances.
That goes for all the wingers we have.

Dragam

There was no difference between him and Tony when he came on. The only chance they get is a lofted ball which is going to be very hard to bring down or something fizzed into them, usually a bad pass, and there's always two players on them.
There was - højlunds aggressive pressing forced their goalkeeper to kick it out of play a couple of times, and he won most of the duels with their defenders for the ball. Things martial obviously dont bring.

But i agree on both of them being starved of chances - obviously when the team is playing very badly it's hard for the strikers to shine.

MattofManchester

Unfortunate for him to be here.

He looks very promising.

But we'll destroy his confidence if this keeps up.