5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Predictably, he's a long term project player - a decent bench option if the world class player you have is injured. And yet ETH overpaid for him anyway. Another data point about managerial ineptness.

Ekeke

Thought he was decent in the first 45 mins other than the penalty give away. Some moments where he was unlucky

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I really like him and hope we don't ruin his development. Because he has all that's needed to be a top, top CF.

city-puma

He is a fighter. But he doesn’t have technique and lacks creativity. People need to be realistic. He can still become a true star when the team is playing in the right setup, which I don’t know when we can see it happening.

At least you can see the potential in him. He's one of the only players in the squad who has actual physical gifts - something we sorely lack. His hold up play is great for his age and he's clearly a hard worker.

Hasn't quite all came together for him yet but I feel like he has the tools to be a big player in the future. One of the few you could say that about.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
We are simply not using Hojlund's strengths. The kid is strong and he's quick. Yet we never play early balls into the channels for him to chase. We never throw balls into the area and challenge him to make a nuisance of himself with defenders. It must be soul destroying for him playing in this side, which prefers to go slowly anywhere than play with real speed. I am glad the Old Trafford crowd boo'd his substitution.

Red-17

Him and Rashford are both players who should be on the end of a counter attack making the forward run. Neither are great decision makers or passers to make the incisive pass required to effectively counter attack, and the closest player to them most of the time was McTominay who is even worse at that. You don't see City asking Haaland to make creative and incisive passes on a regular basis do you? Even he failed to convert an actual sitter, but his team create 4-5 opportunities eery game for him so even when he isn't sharp he ends a game with 2 goals and an assist. The only chance Hojlund had today was created by Foden of all people.

We have seen him demonstrate really effective movement on many occasions, but at this rate, he like every other signing will probably pick up bad habits and regress despite his immense potential.

Devil81

Working his bollocks off with zero supply. That said so did Weghorst.

He's got to start scoring the half chances he gets otherwise he's just going to keep heaping pressure on himself.

OrcaFat

He did okay under the circumstances. I wouldn’t say he was part of the problem but he’s not a one-man solution either.

L1nk

Working his bollocks off with zero supply. That said so did Weghorst.

He's got to start scoring the half chances he gets otherwise he's just going to keep heaping pressure on himself.
But that’s pretty crazy, even the top end of strikers miss multiple chances a game before scoring, the likes of Haaland and Kane I believe had about 30 odd % chance conversion rate last season, they have a team supplying them with ridiculous amount of chances.

But for some reason according to our fanbase a young, inexperienced, albeit talented kid in Hojlund is meant to be bagging half chances from a team that barely gives him anything to work with otherwise he’s a flop. It’s ridiculous

If he was playing for City in Haalands’ stead he’d be bagging goals.

OrcaFat

But that’s pretty crazy, even the top end of strikers miss multiple chances a game before scoring, the likes of Haaland and Kane I believe had about 30 odd % chance conversion rate last season, they have a team supplying them with ridiculous amount of chances.

But for some reason according to our fanbase a young, inexperienced, albeit talented kid in Hojlund is meant to be bagging half chances from a team that barely gives him anything to work with otherwise he’s a flop. It’s ridiculous

If he was playing for City in Haalands’ stead he’d be bagging goals.
I think this is true. I highly doubt he would score as many as Haaland but I bet he would have five or six by now if he was playing those players.

kundalini

Terrible performance. Gave away stupid penalty then wasted a through on goal with a poor touch.

Irwin99

Played decent until the penalty but it went pretty bad from there. Can't understand the anger when he gets taken off, it's not as if he's a prolific goalscorer that's making a huge, positive difference to the team. He's a kid with a great work ethic who is still learning.

RedRocket9908

Played decent until the penalty but it went pretty bad from there. Can't understand the anger when he gets taken off, it's not as if he's a prolific goalscorer that's making a huge, positive difference to the team. He's a kid with a great work ethic who is still learning.
It was right to bring him off in my opinion, he was poor again today and other than the run at goal where he was dragged back contributed very little.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't think he is all that. A bit overhyped I think. You can all have a go at me but that's how I feel.
He is only hyped up on here because we paid 70m for him.

Nobody even knew about him 3 months before we signed him. I have the same feeling right now. Haven't seen anything to suggest that he can become WC.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't get all praise that he gets. I don't care how much he tries and how much he runs.
8 games in PL. Zero goals, zero assists.

Superunknown

I don't think he is all that. A bit overhyped I think. You can all have a go at me but that's how I feel.
He basically does the bare minimum you would expect from a striker who plays for a side trying to stay in the top four/fighting for Champions League spots/hoping to mount a title change.

Except score goals in the league.

binary bot
He’s the one positive for me. The goals will come and his overall play has been good.

He’s the type of signing we should be making throughout the squad albeit a bit cheaper but that’s a hole we’ve put ourselves in.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I don't get all praise that he gets. I don't care how much he tries and how much he runs.
8 games in PL. Zero goals, zero assists.
Have you seen us play? We are dysfunctional team with no pattern whatsoever. We are sitting with -5 GD, so its not like everyone else around him is scoring goals. We are absolutely awful at the moment

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He looks and plays exactly how you’d expect a 20 year old playing his first season of PL football for a side who struggle to consistently create chances to, really. I don’t see the need in getting overly aggressive either to defend or slate him

marktan

He's good for a young talent, promising. But the problem is we spent £70m on him and need him to deliver now because we enough young talents and the rest of our big money attackers are useless (Sancho, Antony, Mount)

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think he's doing OK, but I judge him as backup striker that is here to develop. He should not be first choice striker for a club with our aspirations (top 4), but it's hardly his fault.

Sylar

His last few chances for us were him picking up a mistake from the defence to go through on goal today, sticking his foot out from a rashford shot from distance and that solo goal v galatasaray. I can't think of many other chances that have been created for him.

With the way we play and our lack of creativity, we basically need him to have as close to a 100% conversion which is not gonna happen. Otherwise we need to spot his runs, get crosses to him early or create three four chances for him per game for him to bang in the goals.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The media and even social media, from what I've seen, have been surprisingly lenient with him. I was expecting more criticism for the lack of goals.

I don't see what a lot of others are seeing in him. He's new, he's young and he works hard so people understandably want him to do well and will cut him slack but I think he looks limited in a lot of facets of the game.

His pace is good.

He works hard. That shouldn't be impressive, it should be the bare minimum but amongst the shower of shit he plays with, it stands out as a quality.

Finishing, hard to know because we create feck all for him but he definitely hasn't been clinical with the chances he has had.

His movement is poor, he has a habit of just making straight line runs, probably because he doesn't have the agility to jink in and out when he's at full speed. That's the most worrying for me. I was hoping he'd have a "striker's instinct".

He's big but he is ungainly with his strength.

The biggest thing that's against him though isn't his fault, he is cursed to have wingers like Rashford and Antony playing beside him. One is one of the most selfish footballers you'll see and the other is ponderous and creates feck all. If we had generous, talented wingers he'd be getting opportunities to improve most of those facets but now he has to make do with the scraps of a chance a game with a half chance here and there.

laughtersassassin

Because Hojlund's goal record shows another story?
Not this season it doesn't.

They all have done nothing in the league.

And Hojlund has more goals in the CL than the others.

Very simply put the likes of Rashford haven't done anything to deserve to get to stay on while Hojlund gets subbed off.

It might be a low bar but perferomance wise Hojlund has been out best attacker this year.

Rashfords been absolutely awful but he doesn't have consequences for his perferomances which must be nice for him. ETH is basically encouraging Rashford to not even try at this point because Rashford knows his perferomances are irrelevant.

There is a reason Old Trafford has been booing ETHs when Hojlund gets subbed off whole others performing much worse stay on.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He looks and plays exactly how you’d expect a 20 year old playing his first season of PL football for a side who struggle to consistently create chances to, really. I don’t see the need in getting overly aggressive either to defend or slate him
It is not about him. Exactly as you said; he plays as expected. It is about Murtough/ETH. Hojlund was and is wrong signing. We needed first choice striker and we bought "young and learning" one.

And ot is not good for him too. He became a part of the team in which he needs to be key player. And he is not ready for that.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It is not about him. Exactly as you said; he plays as expected. It is about Murtough/ETH. Hojlund was and is wrong signing. We needed first choice striker and we bought "young and learning" one.

And ot is not good for him too. He became a part of the team in which he needs to be key player. And he is not ready for that.
Hojlund was the wrong signing only if you were deluded enough to believe we would actually achieve anything this season. Given that we are garbage throughout the squad, then signing a young guy who can develop into a top player where we have him for 5+ years is exactly the right decision. It buys us time. Spending big on a player like Kane, only for us to still be shit, very quickly descends into a disastrous piece of transfer business where you lost 100m and your team is still disaster FC. And I guarantee you, the way this season has gone would NOT have changed with a more experienced CF in. The problems go far above the squad and this Kane hypothetical would change feck all with us.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hojlund was the wrong signing only if you were deluded enough to believe we would actually achieve anything this season. Given that we are garbage throughout the squad, then signing a young guy who can develop into a top player where we have him for 5+ years is exactly the right decision. It buys us time. Spending big on a player like Kane, only for us to still be shit, very quickly descends into a disastrous piece of transfer business where you lost 100m and your team is still disaster FC. And I guarantee you, the way this season has gone would NOT have changed with a more experienced CF in. The problems go far above the squad and this Kane hypothetical would change feck all with us.
We are Man Utd. We can't build a team for the future in expense of current season. We always must look short term and long term at the same time. Spending premium money on him was insane stuff to do while not having decent striker.

This is PL. Top 5 is hard to get. You can't, just can't go into season without having proving goal scorer.

RedDevilQuebecois

Well it wouldn't have a been a penalty because it was outside the box, but a free lick in a decent position yep
If VAR had to be called in should Hojlund have gone down, it would have been for a possible red card against the defender as the last man. Remember that we got Forest's Joe Worrall sent off because of a similar play.

He didn't deserve to be subbed off at all. The kid feeder is the one who should have been given the boot.

Stadjer

What experience striker who is also clearly better than Hojlund was available last summer? Any realistic option so that wont include Harry Kane.