2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Thiagoal

If he was playing at a team that supplies chances like City he’d probably be in double figures for goals already. His movement and finishing look to be top class but our players can’t seem to be able to put a cross in.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
In a 442 with wingers supplying crosses he’d kill it. We are just not supplying enough chances to him.

loved how proud he looked when his brother got subbed in

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
His technique isn't that bad, very few players are a complete package with everything.
He is going to be a top player, I have no doubts about that. His offball movements are very clever and he clearly knows how to interpret the moments of the match very well.

ShinjiNinja26

Kid looks the real deal no doubt. Shame he’s been completely starved of any service since he’s arrived. Hopefully that will improve quickly and we’ll start seeing him bang them in more often. His movement and hold up play has been top quality.

ROFLUTION

Really curious as to why he's not passed to more often. Or is he? Does he get on the same amount of chances compared to what we create than Haaland does?

Ruud Gullit is right, he'd pass to Van Basten because a striker like Van Basten just finishes the chances and gets confidence by getting passed to. Same with Højlund. You gotta build up goals and therefore confidence in him by passing/crossing to him more. Maybe it's oversimplified and need a statistical view on it, but it doesn't seem like he gets on the end of that many chances.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
He's been set up to fail. Really unfair to rely on a 20 year old kid to be the main striker for man utd. We should've signed someone more experienced in addition to him.

crossy1686

career ending
He's yet to score a goal in the league and he's the real deal?
Let's face it, a lad aged 20, with the experience he has in lesser leagues should never be leading the line for a club like United. He should be bedded in over a period of a season or 2 while the established CF gets rested. He's not going to score many goals this season, as many of us predicted when we signed him. The only saving grace in this whole situation is that his mentality seems solid, which will carry him through until he gets adapted and better.

KD6-3.7

He's been set up to fail. Really unfair to rely on a 20 year old kid to be the main striker for man utd. We should've signed someone more experienced in addition to him.
I’ve said the same thing. He should be an impact player from the bench to a much more experienced and better striker while Højlund develops, like most young players who join us there’s a high chance his progression stagnates because our club is a mess on and off the field.

RuudTom83

10 games 3 goals for United
10 games 7 goals for Denmark

Not bad for a 20 year old and putting stats aside he passes the eye-test for sure.

In a miserable season he is something to be positive about.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looks talented and has lots of good attributes but needs to start scoring more, a goal every 235 minutes isn't going to cut it.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Let's face it, a lad aged 20, with the experience he has in lesser leagues should never be leading the line for a club like United. He should be bedded in over a period of a season or 2 while the established CF gets rested. He's not going to score many goals this season, as many of us predicted when we signed him. The only saving grace in this whole situation is that his mentality seems solid, which will carry him through until he gets adapted and better.
I agree, but people on here are getting carried away. He isn't singlehandedly carrying us or saving us.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The best thing I like about him is his footballing IQ - also known as "he's not a fecking moron". You can't teach someone to have that. Everything else can improve with time, but his composure and decision making are pretty awesome for a kid.

Dragam

10 games 3 goals for United
10 games 7 goals for Denmark

Not bad for a 20 year old and putting stats aside he passes the eye-test for sure.

In a miserable season he is something to be positive about.
Indeed - you somehow get the impression that some "fans" don't actually watch the games, but rather just the scoreline, and go "he didn't score ?! Failure!!!"

But he has indeed played very well, with the very limited amount of service he has gotten. Yesterday he didn't get played once while he was in a good position, which is reflected in the fact that the only shot he got was a shot from a very wide position with a very tight angle - granted he did score a nearly identical goal vs san marino, but it's a very low xg "chance".

While he wasn't served any big chances, he did serve some for his teammates, with the nice backheel to mct, and the layoff to eriksen - especially the one to eriksen should have been a goal.

And something interesting on the official uefa page - despite not playing full minuttes Højlund has ran the 2nd most of all united players... and registered the 12th fastest speed of all players.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/statistics/players/

Looking further into the stats shows that Højlund has 3 goals from only 7 attempts, giving him the best goal to shot ratio of all top strikers.

Garbriel jesus has 3 goals from 12 attempts

Julian Alvarez has 3 goals from 9 attempts

Mbappe has 1 goal from 6 attempts

Haaland has 0 goals from 13 attempts

AND Kane (who would have allegedly singlehandedly won us the league last season) has 2 goals from 7 attempts... so 1 less goal from the same amount of shots as højlund.

Last edited:

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Every time he gets the ball he makes something happen. And more often than not this season he has got the ball and had to make something out of nothing. I can't really recall a single chance that has been created for him where you think "you should've scored there" - feeding off scraps so far.

laughtersassassin

Looks talented and has lots of good attributes but needs to start scoring more, a goal every 235 minutes isn't going to cut it.
We don't create much for him. Last night for instance he was the one involved in creating for others but no one made him any good chances.

All that said I'd love us to maybe go for Ivan Toney in Jan and play him and Hojlund up front together or something. We need another striker either way. Obviously we won't do that but would probably be a good idea.

Golden Nugget

It’s a shame for him so far this season as he’s really feeding on scraps. Both Antony and Rashford like to cut in and shoot, as well as Garnacho (Rashford has been less greedy lately, but out of form). Bruno has yet to hit form this season.

The winger I thought would benefit most from having a true striker has been sulking for 2 months and never even had the chance to play with him.

zaafi

I guess it's impossible to establish that a player has all the tools to be a world class striker until he scores against Luton Town. It's not like his qualities or natural ability is evident or anything.

Pronewbie

Peep
It’s a shame for him so far this season as he’s really feeding on scraps. Both Antony and Rashford like to cut in and shoot, as well as Garnacho (Rashford has been less greedy lately, but out of form). Bruno has yet to hit form this season.

The winger I thought would benefit most from having a true striker has been sulking for 2 months and never even had the chance to play with him.
What's surprising to me is how rarely Antony crosses the ball. He used to do it more often for Ajax towards Haller, or at least that's what the highlights suggest.

Golden Nugget

What's surprising to me is how rarely Antony crosses the ball. He used to do it more often for Ajax towards Haller, or at least that's what the highlights suggest.
I had forgotten about it, but you’re right. I understand not crossing the ball when your option was Martial, but yeah it seems like it’s something that has been completely erased out of his game

Brightonian

Should just swap him and Rashford's wings, if crosses is what we want. Antony is derided for being one-footed, so make it his crossing foot instead of his shooting foot. Likewise make Rashford's instinctive direction outside instead of inside.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This surprises me too. I don't think he is a bad player but his performance isn't justified either. He used to do a lot of crosses to back post at Ajax and I can't remember one cross.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I guess it's impossible to establish that a player has all the tools to be a world class striker until he scores against Luton Town.
Whenever you reference Rashford and Bruno's stats, you ommit their goals and assists from the cup competitions and say shit like "I don't care how many he scores in the Carabou Cup", and now you're downplaying the importance of league goals? :lol:

zaafi

Whenever you reference Rashford and Bruno's stats, you ommit their goals and assists from the cup competitions and say shit like "I don't care how many he scores in the Carabou Cup", and now you're downplaying the importance of league goals? :lol:
I never downplayed the importance of league goals? How on Earth did you arrive with a weird conclusion like that?

I said it is obvious that he has all the tools to be a world class striker. He has extreme physicality, pace, good hold-up play, link-up play, works hard, good finisher, brilliant movement and has that natural striker's instinct.

No idea how you managed to bring Bruno and Rashford into the conversation.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
i am curious when the tide will turn on him
Of course it's possible that it will, modern life being what it is but he ticks a lot of boxes for the fans. Not only a young, high quality goalscorer but a naturally hard worker and a humble guy. No obvious love for the social media bullshit or the party circuit. Hasn't even got his own aftershave yet, ffs. He's as backlash resistant as you can get, I think.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I never downplayed the importance of league goals? How on Earth did you arrive with a weird conclusion like that?
"Until he scores against Luton Town". What even is that as a comment? We haven't even played them yet.

I said it is obvious that he has all the tools to be a world class striker. He has extreme physicality, pace, good hold-up play, link-up play, works hard, good finisher, brilliant movement and has that natural striker's instinct.
I rate him. He clearly has potential, but he should have scored in the league by now given some of the chances he's had.

zaafi

"Until he scores against Luton Town". What even is that as a comment? We haven't even played them yet.
I meant that he can still be the real deal even if he hasn't scored in the league yet. He scored against Bayern München and has 3 goals in the CL (4 if it wasn't for VAR), so it's not like PL is too hard for him. He should be given time, but it is clear that the goals will come, as we've already seen the potential with his movement, and gets into goalscoring positions often.

I rate him. He clearly has potential, but he should have scored in the league by now given some of the chances he's had.
He did against Brighton, but again VAR intervened. I'm confident the goals will come with him.

Sea-Cow

I love how fast he is for a bigger lad. He seems both quick over the first few yards, and has incredible top speed once he has room to really open up.

Has he scored any with his head yet? I have seen him attack crosses flashed across goal but I don't remember beating a CB in the air with a header. I could be forgetting some.

Raven

I love how fast he is for a bigger lad. He seems both quick over the first few yards, and has incredible top speed once he has room to really open up.

Has he scored any with his head yet? I have seen him attack crosses flashed across goal but I don't remember beating a CB in the air with a header. I could be forgetting some.
His first goal against galatasaray.

AshTheBash

1 goal all season and people are praising him. Wow. Imagine if we had a Haaland the reaction...

standards on the floor. When will the tide turn on this fellow? Or is simply working hard (the bare minimum in Keane's eyes and this forum in the 90s and 2000s) mean you get away with not scoring the goals needed as our main number 9? As the number 9 you need to be top scorer and scoring the goals on the regular.. no excuses.

Weghorst was the same. Becsuse a player puts effort in the Manchester United fans seem to ignore the lack of quality, or negatives of a player. Where as other big clubs fans are more balanced, and look at everything not just hard working as a big club has standards, and if you fall below those standards you get criticised. Standards.

Rasmus has missed some very easy chances, and should be criticised for such.

Last edited:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
1 goal all season and people are praising him. Wow. Imagine if we had a Haaland the reaction...

standards on the floor. When will the tide turn on this fellow? Or is simply working hard (the bare minimum in Keane's eyes and this forum in the 90s and 2000s) mean you get away with not scoring the goals needed as our main number 9? As the number 9 you need to be top scorer and scoring the goals on the regular.. no excuses.

Weghorst was the same. Becsuse a player puts effort in the Manchester United fans seem to ignore the lack of quality, or negatives of a player. Where as other big clubs fans are more balanced, and look at everything not just hard working as a big club has standards, and if you fall below those standards you get criticised. Standards.

Rasmus has missed some very easy chances, and should be criticised for such.
He's scored 3 this season.