2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Bobski

He has had a tough week against the caliber of CB's he has faced but the hold up play has to improve. Can accept the missed chance, but he needs to offer much more in general play. Not getting enough passes, but he can't hold the ones he does get.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s not helped by the team, but he lacks fundamentals probably due to his age. We shouldn’t have got him as our only striker signing, and arguably shouldn’t have got him at all given the money spent.

Jev

Why is he starting? I don’t know whether it’s his fault or his teammates’ for not passing to him but he’s simply not in the game. We’re effectively playing with 10 men.

L1nk

Poor striker. We need better.
Not looking good for him is it....
Again I have to come in here and ask what it is you want him to do exactly? He's playing upfront alone and the ball barely gets passed to him, our midfielders cannot string more than 2-3 passes and are constantly losing the ball. He isn't the kind of striker you just play constant hoof balls up to. He had 1 chance which he didn't score and that was it, yes he might have scored but even the most world class strikers don't thrive on 1 chance a game.

rajds89

We’ve seen glimpses of what he can do, especially in Europe but today I thought he was poor and doesn’t look nowhere near ready to be the main man at club our size.

RedRocket9908

Really poor again today, he contributed very little, failed to charge down the keeper when he was coming way out of his box, cant keep possesion, and shot straight at the keeper when given a one on one then couldnt even tap in the rebound.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Needs more service and some consistency in his duelling. To be expected as a young lad, but we need to be able to rotate him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I still don't see why the feck we paid that amount for him. He doesn't look like a superb finisher, he isn't great aerially despite the height advantage, he almost always has the ball trapped under his feet too.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He will hopefully have learned a lot over the last week. It should be a lot easier for him in the majority of matches to impose himself. I think he will figure it all out better in the second half of the season and will get off to a flier next season. Just a feeling. He’s too isolated as things stand. He’s raw, we all knew this

L1nk

What's wrong with the post? Is he not 20? Does he have a lot to work with? Explain to me what's factually incorrect with the post.
They are just obsessed with seeing him fail because they're crying about Harry Kane still

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
What's wrong with the post? Is he not 20? Does he have a lot to work with? Explain to me what's factually incorrect with the post.
Just the fact that you predictably rush straight in here to begin your frantic batting away of valid criticism of him.

Let me ask you this - are you able of conceding that it’s possible he simply isn’t good enough for Utd?

flameinthesun

This would be the moment where he gets rested for our more experienced forward, if we could rely on Martial...

mu4c_20le

People keep goign on about service but the one time Antony actually does something bright, he runs right by his pass

Mike Smalling

I'll be more critical of Højlund after today than many of his recent performances. He didn't hold on to the ball well enough, and messed up the one big chance he got. It's not even that he didn't score it, but the finish was just really bad. Straight at the goalkeeper. Bad performance.

Toca99

Poor striker. We need better.
I haven't seen him getting a better pass than he got today in last 10 PL games...give him 2 passes like that in every game and you'll see another result. It's not his job to make other do great passing to him. He moves good and are available to be played to so many times but none of his team mates see him or can make a good pass to him. With a better midfield players he would have scored a long time ago...

paulscholes18

There’s feeding off scraps and that’s this. Doubt Haaland would have anymore than 3 league goals this season for us.

RedRocket9908

This doesnt have a lot to work with excuse is starting to wear a bit thin, he contributes nothing to our all round game and loses possesion far too easilly when he has it.

arnie_ni

I know hes isolated but he needs to hold the ball better and win some fks. Got bullied abit. Had a decent 20 30 mins in the middle of 2nd half

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He§s a good young talent, and will polish his game with time, but in a dysfunctional team like ours who sets to defend and play on counters and wait for one or two chances, we could do with a more clinical striker. In a well oiled machine he would miss 2 and score two. But this team is so reliant on individual brilliance its so painful. Ten Haag ball make him look worse than he is although today he could have done obviously better with finishing. But looking at some attacking play on the other side, you could basically write off all DIaz, Salah, Nunez based on this game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s still waiting for a miracle to come

Lee565

Striker version of Antony, works hard but sod all end product, his hold up play is not good, he is purely a fox in thr box which means he will often leave us feeling like we are playing with ten men which was kind of the issue we had with ronaldo...

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Striker version of Antony, works hard but sod all end product, his hold up play is not good, he is purely a fox in thr box which means he will often leave us feeling like we are playing with ten men which was kind of the issue we had with ronaldo...
I think that's a terrible analysis. He was poor today but he certainly is capable of getting involved in the build up.

zaafi

Just the fact that you predictably rush straight in here to begin your frantic batting away of valid criticism of him.

Let me ask you this - are you able of conceding that it’s possible he simply isn’t good enough for Utd?
Just as predictable as you jumping into this thread to laugh at posts who defend him.

Yes, absolutely. But I don't think that's the case. First of all, you're talking about us as if we're some elite team in the world. We're not. We're an average PL team, so we're not really getting these world class players you hope for.

Secondly, he has every single tool to be a top striker, I just think they need to be polished and improve them. Naturally, it will come with experience, like it does with young players. It's a bit worrying how - or a few others - can't see these traits. I know you're not a scout, but you don't really need a lot of football knowledge to be able to see these.

I know posters like you base everything on goals scored, though. It's fine, you can't help it. The moment you saw how many goals he had scored for Atalanta, you decided he wasn't good enough.

Now, I have a question for you: what do you think you would say if you saw Watkins or Toney at 20 years of age?

Superunknown

I don't think today was his sort of game at all, not with the way we currently are. Ironically, I think he would have scored today had he been playing for Liverpool and the way they played. They needed somebody to put the chances away, which I think is what his strength apparently is.

Saying that, I am a little annoyed at his chance. In these sorts of matches, games are won 1-0 with goals from positions like that. Just reminds me that he is still very, very raw.

RuudTom83

Lacking a bit of fire in his belly.

Sometimes you just need to want it more.

Maybe the weight/pressure is a bit too much every match. A few games when he comes in as a sub would help.

Roux

He tackles himself at times - everything he does is rushed or a struggle.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.