g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Rasmus Hojlund image 11

Rasmus Hojlund Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Only 20. People forget that. Please dont let the price cloud that fact.

zaafi

This doesnt have a lot to work with excuse is starting to wear a bit thin, he contributes nothing to our all round game and loses possesion far too easilly when he has it.
I can't say I disagree with him losing possession too easily. He really does, and definitely needs to improve. I think he needs to be given more support as well. A lot of the times he has the ball, he is literally alone. No player to left, no player to right, and the only players around him are hiding behind opposition players. It really is pathetic, and shows how cowardly our players are.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This doesnt have a lot to work with excuse is starting to wear a bit thin, he contributes nothing to our all round game and loses possesion far too easilly when he has it.
As a fan, you'd be willing to accept those weaknesses if he was a poacher in the penalty area (like a Chicharito) but he isn't that guy either.

Castia

He’s got potential but nowhere near ready to be starting. He’s struggling to get involved in the game, his hold up play and link up is almost non-existent

75 fecking million. Rarely started at Atalanta and had 9 goals to his name. Playing purely because he cost 75m otherwise he’d be a squad player coming off the bench at best

ClassOf'99

He will hopefully have learned a lot over the last week. It should be a lot easier for him in the majority of matches to impose himself. I think he will figure it all out better in the second half of the season and will get off to a flier next season. Just a feeling. He’s too isolated as things stand. He’s raw, we all knew this
I remember Rooney saying that the best lesson he learned was coming against Milan, Kaka and Prime Nesta & Maldini, he learnt a lot from the defeat.

We know how he turned out, so I've hope for our 20 year old striker.

(Not saying Liverpool are that classic AC team nor that Van Dijk or Monster are on the same level as those 2, nor that Højlund will be abotger Rooney btw)

But heres a strange thought, to support our young players instead of thrashing them every chance you get, it's the kids first season in the PL playing upfront for a completely disfunctional attack and probably the worst United squad for years.

*Edit* the bottom isn't aimed at you Ali Dia btw, your post is very sensible unlike the 70% of the maniacs in here

Someone

Something
He isn't ready, it's not his fault. He could be something special in the future, but we should get someone with more experience.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is useless. feck that shit about his age, potential and desire but at this moment he is playing worse that Wout did. He can't hold the ball, he doesn't win duels in air, his movement is completely random and his finishing is non existent.

I don't know will he become new Haaland or at least new Watkins but right now he is offering nothing.

Nep77

You can point his age for the performance or lack of it but he definitely is not talented enough on the ball to be leading the line for Manchester United.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We need a journeyman in jan asap, then start playing him as an impact sub, this isn't the right environment to have a young lad play week in week out.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He shouldn't start every game because he is in terrible form, but it happens with young strikers. Ten Hag should start to rotate between him and Rashford, and unfortunately even Martial if Rashford doesn't up his game.

If he starts him again, then that will be another proof that Ten Hag has no idea how to get the best out of players and team.

Bobski

Not sure what his strengths are at this stage. Struggles physically with his back to goal, mediocre technique meaning he doesn't offer much in the all round game and isn't taking the limited chances he gets.

Maybe in a better possession team he could concentrate on being a poor mans Haaland, not in the game but constantly making runs down the side of the box looking for first time shots, but Utd are not that right now so he is a bit of a luxury.

Stadjer

Only being 20 isnt really much of an excuse when there are much younger players scoring in the Premier League, there is no excuse for that one on one he missed today.
Yes there is. The excuse is the goalkeeper.... most likely the best goalkeeper in the world right now. Alisson stopped better strikers scoring better chances.

zaafi

Only being 20 isnt really much of an excuse when there are much younger players scoring in the Premier League, there is no excuse for that one on one he missed today.
A bit harsh, I think. Alisson is the best keeper in the world, and has saved far better chances than that many times.

Malone_Post

He’s not a very good finisher is he? Just doesn't seem like a natural goalscorer at all. Only scored 9 goals last season too.

Works hard, is strong an an ox and blistering fast. But for the money spent I’d expect better technique.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It was a half chance, not some amazing chance.

He's 20. And that is an excuse. Look at any CF over the past 30 years who plays with physicality and isn't an Mbappe style player where they aren't a forward who engages physically with defenders. Forwards like Lewandowski, Cavani, Dzeko, Ibrahimović, Kane and so on (literally any CF of that style). Pretty much none of them did anything in a big league until the age 22 or so. Most weren't even playing in big leagues.

Dinghy

Now, I have a question for you: what do you think you would say if you saw Watkins or Toney at 20 years of age?
Probably that neither were good enough to play for United at the time. That's your hope for Høilund, that he might become as good as Toney or Watkins in 5 years? Heh...

zaafi

Probably that neither were good enough to play for United at the time. That's your hope for Høilund, that he might become as good as Toney or Watkins in 5 years? Heh...
No, they're just an example of strikers who did nothing at Højlund's age, but are now some of the best PL strikers. Højlund is already playing in PL, but is finding it difficult to settle in the most physical and fastest league in world. What a shock! That does not mean he won't be good enough.

saivet

He was poor but tough game to play and up again one of the best CBs in the league and another good CB in Konate who is a monster physically.

Amira

First bad performance. Not enough running and didn’t take his chance

Manny

Grammar Police
He worked hard physically when he joined, going into duels and coming away with the ball. He needs to get back. Especially in games like this.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: admit it, you’re related to him aren’t you?
:lol: Give over.

Last season you were advocating us signing Weghorst

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/wout-weghorst-2022-23-performances.475014/post-30271657

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/wout-weghorst-2022-23-performances.475014/post-30219532

Now you’re dying on the hill that is Rasmus Hojlund… I’d just give up talking about forwards if I were you mate.
Must you insist on trying to pick fights with everyone you come across? It's getting tiring as feck.

L1nk

:lol: Give over.

Last season you were advocating us signing Weghorst

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/wout-weghorst-2022-23-performances.475014/post-30271657

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/wout-weghorst-2022-23-performances.475014/post-30219532

Now you’re dying on the hill that is Rasmus Hojlund… I’d just give up talking about forwards if I were you mate.
Of course, you not only looked into my post history like a loser, but you also decided to mock what I posted without actually looking at both posts, you know both posts where I specifically say Weghorst isn't good enough to be a starter for this club, and if we signed a major forward in the summer like Harry Kane, I only wouldn't have minded having Weghorst as a different option sat on the bench for little to no money and wages, because if nothing else he had good workrate and a good attitude and his general play did lead to us creating chances, which I don't think anybody complained about. But you decided to ignore the content of both posts in order to just say what you've said and make it look like I wanted Weghorst under any circumstances.

So, mate, why don't you just admit you clearly want certain players to fail because the club didn't sign your favourites? I'm 'dying on the Hojlund hill' because you clearly have zero comprehension of what is happening and just want him to be prime Harry Kane already. Instead of just shitting all over this player who's dream it was to play for us, i'm recognising that what we have on our hands is a raw striker at 20 years of age that has been put into a situation that he shouldn't be in because the club didn't want to also buy somebody more experienced for him to bounce off of.

We used to give time and patience to young forwards because we were excited with what we knew they could become but now all we do is hound them out of the club. How dare I try and support a player that is 20 years old playing striker for Manchester United a few months into his career here. Man, I should just be berating him and calling him trash constantly instead because Harry Kane at 20 was an absolutely world class forward banging them in for club and country, so why can't Hojlund be like that?

One of the worst posters on this forum who wants nothing more than our players to fail just for some smug satisfaction about being right, I'd give up and just stop talking about Manchester United if I were you mate.

Winrar

Would've rather taken a more experienced striker for less. Atlanta took us to the cleaners.

Swedish_Plumber

He’s not a very good finisher is he? Just doesn't seem like a natural goalscorer at all. Only scored 9 goals last season too.

Works hard, is strong an an ox and blistering fast. But for the money spent I’d expect better technique.
Get the feeling he’s one of those that scores the hard ones and misses the easier chances. Think he deserves more time though. Think there’s a player in there in a more functioning attacking side.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
No, they're just an example of strikers who did nothing at Højlund's age, but are now some of the best PL strikers. Højlund is already playing in PL, but is finding it difficult to settle in the most physical and fastest league in world. What a shock! That does not mean he won't be good enough.
And what are you seeing - specifically - that suggests to you that he will become an elite level striker…?

And btw, let’s not forget that Ferguson is doing fine in the PL, Greenwood was doing fine in the PL, Newcastle Utd have a 17 year old with more PL goals than Hojlund this season.

Red00012

He shouldn’t be starting but our recruitment is rubbish so we have to start him

M Bison

Supports
York City
Had no support and against 2 top class defenders, with very little to work with. Was always going to be tough, and looked goosed towards the end.

Hester_manc

He was good today, but should have scored a goal. First half was difficult for him, and he did not get many passes.

Irwin99

I didn't think he was good again sadly. The ball just didn't stick to him when he actually did find it.

Obviously it's not the sort of game you judge him on in isolation and he's still really raw but we do need a striker in January because this team has so few goals in its attack.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Of course, you not only looked into my post history like a loser, but you also decided to mock what I posted without actually looking at both posts, you know both posts where I specifically say Weghorst isn't good enough to be a starter for this club, and if we signed a major forward in the summer like Harry Kane, I only wouldn't have minded having Weghorst as a different option sat on the bench for little to no money and wages, because if nothing else he had good workrate and a good attitude and his general play did lead to us creating chances, which I don't think anybody complained about. But you decided to ignore the content of both posts in order to just say what you've said and make it look like I wanted Weghorst under any circumstances.

So, mate, why don't you just admit you clearly want certain players to fail because the club didn't sign your favourites? I'm 'dying on the Hojlund hill' because you clearly have zero comprehension of what is happening and just want him to be prime Harry Kane already. Instead of just shitting all over this player who's dream it was to play for us, i'm recognising that what we have on our hands is a raw striker at 20 years of age that has been put into a situation that he shouldn't be in because the club didn't want to also buy somebody more experienced for him to bounce off of.

We used to give time and patience to young forwards because we were excited with what we knew they could become but now all we do is hound them out of the club. How dare I try and support a player that is 20 years old playing striker for Manchester United a few months into his career here. Man, I should just be berating him and calling him trash constantly instead because Harry Kane at 20 was an absolutely world class forward banging them in for club and country, so why can't Hojlund be like that?

One of the worst posters on this forum who wants nothing more than our players to fail just for some smug satisfaction about being right, I'd give up and just stop talking about Manchester United if I were you mate.
Yet, I’m proud of Onana’s performance today.

And I wanted Hojlund to score the winner.

Maybe, just maybe, some people want what’s best for Man Utd MORE than they want what’s best for Rasmus Hojlund’s career?

Ever consider that?

Dinghy

With this logic we would have never given up on Macheda, Will Keane, James Wilson, etc as they might have become good enough one day. When you cost £72m and are meant to be the main striker, you need to be a hell lot better than what he is at the moment.

Said before the season that he'd struggle to get 5 goals in the PL. Let's just say I haven't changed my mind. There really isn't anything special about him.