View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Still so happy for him, I bet he’s on cloud 9. Waiting for his first league goal and it comes in the shape of a winner from 2-0 down at the stretford end. Over the moon for him

JTRI

The goal was taken brilliantly. Pressures off now, he’ll score against forest.

cpresc

Loved the commentary...

Casually: "and that is the happiest human in Manchester this Christmas"

Dominos

When a player is a on a drought like that it can be a mental block not allowing them to score. Now he's finally got off the mark hopefully the goals will flow.

I still think, the idea that he's a poor finisher is a bit harsh and a premature conclusion. People talk like this guy is missing sitters every game, when he's barely had a sniff of goal all season in the league. The lack of chances he gets should have people questioning whether he's making the right runs and taking up the right positions, but I can't say he's even had enough chances to determine whether he can finish or not. Almost all of his sights of goals have been half-chances, and it's harsh to expect a young player suffering a crisis of confidence to be putting away half chances.

The story of his season seems to be being inches away from a tap in when we roll the ball across the 6 yard box, but him just not quite reaching it. The one in the first half where Garnacho squared to the back post, and the one Rashford squared for Garnacho's goal are 2 examples where he could have had a couple of easy goals but the timing/pass/run was just slightly off for him.

Whilst I think the goals might flow for him now, I'm still not confident because he simply doesn't get enough service or get himself on the end of enough chances. If we can be more cohesive in attack I'm convinced he'll score, I don't think his finishing has been as bad as made out on here. He's probably going to have to start scoring from some half chances to score consistently in this team.

Bondi77

Very happy for Rasmus to get his first and and we could see the relief pour out of him.
I liked the interview with him and Alejandro as it looks like they are good buddies and if Marcus gets up to speed we could have a really dangerous front line.

Alemar

Technically difficult goal to score - one time volley, and it went in off the post. Will make him a lot of good confidence wise, and it was a winner as well.

Still, 2 or 3 times he was not quick enough to meet low crosses, need to work on anticipation and acceleration

laughtersassassin

Technically difficult goal to score - one time volley, and it went in off the post. Will make him a lot of good confidence wise, and it was a winner as well.

Still, 2 or 3 times he was not quick enough to meet low crosses, need to work on anticipation and acceleration
I think for a few of those people are starting to be harsh now.

First one Garnacho overhit it. And another one after that Garnacho opted to shoot.

AndyMUFC

Buzzing for him. It was clearly affecting his confidence as the longer it was going the worse his performances were getting but that will be massive for him.

Time to get another at Forest on Saturday!

El Zoido

He’s a good player, with plenty of development ahead of him. Feed him chances and he will score, no question about it.

Von Mistelroum

Love the lad already and really want to see him do well. He doesn't get many chances created for him and the lack of goals as a result has clearly knocked his confidence, but he's got off the ground now and hopefully will go on to score many more.

Loved seeing the rest of the lads coming up after the game to support him too!

WakeAndBeek

The fact his premier league XG was so low speaks volumes about our lack of creativity. Made up for him today though, he’s been getting a rinsing on social media all week which I’m sure he’s aware of. Loved the passionate celebration and a great finish.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Delighted for the kid.

Its important to remember, he's 20 years old, he's only played 100 odd games or so of mens football, he's moved into a dysfunctional team in the toughest league in the world.

Really he should be a third choice option behind a couple of experienced senior pros he can learn from, but here we are.

He needs time and patience.

Conor

Really good finish, couldn't be happier for him seeing him celebrate like that. Need more players that invested in the club.

Dominos

3.7 isn't the complete picture either really, it's a load of low percentage shots tallied across 15 games. Very very rarely have we seen him miss a chance and think "how has he not scored there?"

He needs to improve on scoring half chances because the best strikers don't just score sitters and clear chances, they turn decent opportunities into goals somehow. But what we've seen so far is nowhere near enough to declare him a "poor finisher", he's a kid brought into a dysfunctional team with no service and a crisis of confidence, and has barely had a clear chance to speak of in the league.

Valencia Shin Crosses

The fact his premier league XG was so low speaks volumes about our lack of creativity. Made up for him today though, he’s been getting a rinsing on social media all week which I’m sure he’s aware of. Loved the passionate celebration and a great finish.
I've never understood football fans blaming strikers for the lack of goals no matter the circumstances. He's had some misses but he also basically never gets played the ball in dangerous areas. You just aren't going to be that lethal if you're a box striker that doesn't get the ball in the box but once every few games.

Joel Miller

I was so happy for him when he grabbed that winner, and it was a right good instinctive finish too. Delighted for him

fallengt

Had his Macheda's moment. 19 and is better than Weghorst. The boy is a star

dazjoe

That's 6 goals in 23 games. Pretty similar ratio as last season at Atalanta (10 in 34).

His record is pretty much exactly what most of us thought it would be, for a 20 year old in his debut season. If he'd scored those 6 at, say, 4 in the league and 2 in the CL, scoring one goal every 3-5 games, no one would have any issue' it's just that it's taken so long to get off the mark in the league questions have been asked.

He's a talented young kid, who should get to 10-12 goals in all comps this season, as 99% of people predicted.

L1nk

:lol: This forum is absolutely a joke at times. Look at the difference in this thread from this match to the last few matches, before yeaterdays goal he was the worst signing ever, a massive flop, a waste of money, had no technical ability whatsoever and was basically written off already, now look at it, perhaps you people will now give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit and lay off the kid?

Didn’t do well first half but stepped up more in the second and got the winning goal, happy for him and hoping he kicks on as he was doing at the start of the season for us. Joint top scorer in all competitions for us despite being “an awful signing”, rest of the players need to take long hard looks at themselves then.

Teja

:lol: This forum is absolutely a joke at times. Look at the difference in this thread from this match to the last few matches, before yeaterdays goal he was the worst signing ever, a massive flop, a waste of money, had no technical ability whatsoever and was basically written off already, now look at it, perhaps you people will now give him the benefit of the doubt for a bit and lay off the kid?
A few people were complaining but the prevailing narrative always was that there was no service into him, our attack isn't functioning etc.

The only reasonable complaints I saw were his movement off the ball in the box left something to be desired and that he pairs better with Rashford LW than Garnacho LW.

L1nk

A few people were complaining but the prevailing narrative always was that there was no service into him, our attack isn't functioning etc.

The only reasonable complaints I saw were his movement off the ball in the box left something to be desired and that he pairs better with Rashford LW than Garnacho LW.

Another waste of money.
The defence of him is absolutely crazy at this stage, he's 20 which isn't even that young when it comes to talent these days.

He's miles off being the level for us at this time.
The Scandinavian Lukaku. He may get better but his first touch is shocking and I don't see it improving to the level it needs to be at. Technique can only be marginally improved.
He plays like a player you’d take a 20m punt on, hoping for him to become decent in 2-3 years. Like a Danish Daniel James.
Trust me pal you're not that guy
He’s not the one.
72m wasted. He isnt going to cut it at this level. Weghorst was actually better. He could link up play at least. We should've signed Marcus Thuram for free.
Yeah, Wout would at least show for the ball if he wasn't involved. This guy just ghosts.
Absolute outrage that we spent that money

Our club is a bit of a joke
Is this the worst debut of a striker in the prem ever? Like zero goals in 5 months
Or he's not or has never been good enough.

Looking at the signings we've made in the last two years that would be my general opinion.
Abysmal striker. £70m Weghorst.
It is true. But he sure helps in that with his movement. Martial who barely moves is more involved than Hojlund.
Weghorst at 20, would people defend him as much?

He's absolutely rubbish, at 20 you should be making far bigger impact.
he's a Frankfurt/Rennes level striker atm that is being expected to play like prime United striker simply because someone above him thought he could.
If he cannot hack it at ours, we should sell him so that we don't ruin his career and we also cut our losses.
I wonder how good Rasmus is in training and how much the other players trust in him. Let's be honest, he showed nothing more than potential in Italy, and he's done nothing in the PL (from a finishing perspective) to suggest he's improved on that. So if he can't hit a barn door in a 5-a-side or shooting practice, how are the players around him going to play to him on a Saturday?

I'm not saying he's shit. But aside from his CL goals, it's easy to see him as a younger version of Weghorst with a burst of pace, ie he likes a physical battle, can do a bit of hold up, but can't finish for toffee.
Should have stayed in Italy for another season
So much talk about lack of service but can someone explain how his runs are any good? I always see him parked in the middle of the box surrounded by 2-3 defenders for a cut back.

The small times I see a near post run, he's been found, eg rashfords cutback at Anfield, and he doesn't gamble for a tap in.

His movement isn't 'bad' but it's definitely overrated. As is his hold up play.
There's very little to be exited about with him. The technical quality just isn't there.
he’s currently a Championship / League 1 level striker who the club has massively overpaid for.

You don’t rip up a team in order to try and justify a daft transfer - if you’re gonna ditch anything, you ditch the dud player.
Barely scratching the surface of the shit he’s been getting, it’s been like this for weeks. Absolutely no concept of context or nuance, just straight up writing the guy off after a few months into a first season. Now look at the thread

MiracleInMadrid

Barely scratching the surface of the shit he’s been getting, it’s been like this for weeks. Absolutely no concept of context or nuance, just straight up writing the guy off after a few months into a first season. Now look at the thread
I’ve really been surprised at this.

Everyone seemed to see his qualities in the beginning, and he proved his goalscoring capabilities in the CL.

It was so obvious, that he needed to adjust to the tempo in the league. I still think he brings far more to the team than Rashford and Martial as an attacker though.

In addition, he’s been playing in a highly dysfunctional team, especially offensively. He’s been dependant on the likes of Rashford, Bruno and Antony to create and find him. All of whom has been in horrible form and all seem to have tunnel vision towards goal 9 out of 10 times. No attacker would thrive in this enviroment.

On top of that, he’s a young number 9 who’s playing under huge pressure while leading the line in a team, club and under a manager under immense pressure.

That said, we obviously should have a more experienced striker in the team. That’s solely on the club.

Scottynaldinho

Very happy for him. I agree that the kid has been getting harsh treatment by the majority here. Being called physically weak tells you everything as that is one of his best traits.

The shot of him on the ground asking for a penalty while being offside had me cursing at my screen but I shed a few tears when he scored. A great celebration and emotions from the kid. That's what football is all about.

suheilsworld

He started poorly but so did most of the players but really grew into it and made some proper striker runs. Really happy ad relieved for him and I hope he kicks on in the second half of the season. Really hope our players start finding him in the box as once again there were few instances where Garnacho went for the shot and not the pass to him. It took an opposition defender assisting him to get a goal

GazTheLegend

???? "Absolute outrage that our club spent that money" is still a pretty fair comment in context and deliberately not aimed at Hojlund. There's no doubt we overpaid for him AND we do still need a better backup for him than Martial. I think generally people have been pretty fair on Hojlund on the caf, the usual melts aside.

It might look like money well spent one day and hopefully the drama queens look daft. That's life on the internet, sadly.