View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Delighted for him. Took it very well, an instinctive striker's finish. Hopefully he grabs a few more, we need goals.

STYLOISRED

I have a Chelsea supporting friend who is adamant that Rasmus will make it here. Says he will gladly drop Jackson for Hojlund in a heartbeat and that he reminds him of Drogba.

Jev

I don’t know what’s worse, the meltdowns when things go bad or the ‘positive’ kneejerks when things go right. I’m really happy for him, and the goal was a great, great moment but to ridicule the just criticism he’s been getting because of one fantastic finish is a bit silly. He looked below-par again for the first hour, and if that finish was five more inches to the left, no-one would be praising him. Hopefully this is the turning point but that goal in isolation does not change that overall he has not been up to scratch so far.

Last edited:

Siorac

I'm not a body language expert but it seemed like he was reasonably pleased with the goal.

FromTheBench

His biggest problem so far seens to be he is behind the crosses by a bit for some reason.

For example first Garnacho goal someone like haaland taps that in before it reaches garnacho.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Underrated finish…hopefully he kicks on from here and the goals start to flow.

Raven

Great that he's opened his premier league account, lovely finish too. He has so much talent, it's going to be good watching him develop.

klayton88

Barely scratching the surface of the shit he’s been getting, it’s been like this for weeks. Absolutely no concept of context or nuance, just straight up writing the guy off after a few months into a first season. Now look at the thread
He's scored 1 goal in 20 games, calm down. Most of the caf having blind faith that it now means he'll score every game. You set yourselves up for it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Barely scratching the surface of the shit he’s been getting, it’s been like this for weeks. Absolutely no concept of context or nuance, just straight up writing the guy off after a few months into a first season. Now look at the thread
One goal.

Hopefully follows it up with another winner on Saturday and improved performances.

Mike Smalling

I'm happy for him, but let's be realistic. The goal was the result of a decent finish and quick reaction to a big mistake by the Villa player. He is not likely to get that chance in many games, and he was still struggling to get on the end of crosses by the wingers.

It might give him a boost in confidence, which could help, but I highly doubt it will be "floodgates opening" situation.

Devil81

He's scored one goal, let's not get carried away. As I said last night in this thread hopefully that's lift off and he starts knocking them in regular for us now.

But let's not escape the fact his transfer fee was 75 million and last nights shot on goal was his only shot of note I can remember for a good few matches.

Until the lad puts the ball in regular I'm yet to be convinced, there are plenty of big lads we could bring in to do a job at holding the ball up at half his price.

I do take back the rubbish post though, that was a post made on the emotion of another defeat and after I'd had a few Christmas drinks.

Unam333

I'm happy for him, but let's be realistic. The goal was the result of a decent finish and quick reaction to a big mistake by the Villa player. He is not likely to get that chance in many games, and he was still struggling to get on the end of crosses by the wingers.

It might give him a boost in confidence, which could help, but I highly doubt it will be "floodgates opening" situation.
It was a great technique though and to quote Cruyff: "football is a game of mistakes. Whoever makes the fewest mistakes wins."

Aston Villa's two goals are the result of mistakes as well. Last game vs Newcastle our mistakes led to their goals.

Zed is not dead

People conveniently forget he scored 5 goals in the CL and is currently the club’s top scorer.

Some people here really decided he would be their scapegoat for the season and will look for any argument to say he’s shite

Glad he finally found the back of the net in the league. Everyone agreed that a good first season would be around 10-15 games in all comps, and stats wise he’s on track.
Maybe let’s not call him Weghorst or the second coming of Ronaldo just yet

tomaldinho1

On balance I genuinely think we’re the worst fan base towards our players. I would have said it was Arsenal a few years ago but the amount of vitriol in here you see is beyond anything I’ve known before.

TheReligion

Abusive
On balance I genuinely think we’re the worst fan base towards our players. I would have said it was Arsenal a few years ago but the amount of vitriol in here you see is beyond anything I’ve known before.
The worst internet fans *

Fortunately the match going bunch are pretty loyal and supportive. You know. Like actual supporters?

Josep Dowling

Loved the passion when he scored the goal. You can tell it meant so much. The pressure that’s built up over the season. Hopefully the first of many.

PoTMS

The irony in calling everyone else kneejerk. He's scored one goal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Am I wrong when I think that we are not using him efficiently? He is a lot more comfortable when we try to find him for one-twos or passing him the ball in space, even in tight quarters. Instead he seems to be largely treated as a target man and to me it's not only putting him in a tough spot due to his lack of tactical maturity, it's an "old" man role, but also because our players aren't actually good at using target men, the passes and crosses aren't accurate enough and no one actually makes runs around the target man.

Now, he needs to pay more attention to the offside line. He is quick enough to give himself a bit more room and avoid most of his offsides.

Captmfla

Amazing goal to give his team the win. What a debut premier league goal to erase away his goal drought. This can be made into a movie!

Red00012

He’s had his Macheda moment let’s hope that’s where the comparisons finish.

simplyared

The boy has such a strong character. The comittment and the way he puts himself about. Never say die attitude! Looks like him and Garnacho have found each other. Great to see!

tomaldinho1

Fortunately the match going bunch are pretty loyal and supportive. You know. Like actual supporters?
For the most part yes I agree - mainly because I think the effort put in is much more obvious pitchside and I guess it’s a generally older fan base less prone to sensationalist takes every two minutes.

spiriticon

Yeah let's calm down here. I'm happy for Hojlund but it's just one PL goal in a very shit PL season.

Quote me again when he scores 20 goals a season. Let's see how much time he needs to get there.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You quoted me when I said nothing wrong? In fact I've considered context of his lack of service and pondered why (he is also to blame for not making good enough runs).

His runs weren't great, his holdup play wasn't great. A good finish from a ball that fell his way doesn't change that. Before his goal, he couldn't trap an easy pass from Rashford that would see him on goal, and he messed up another counter transition where it was 3 on 3.
If he starts firing, great, but it doesn't change the fact that he was not great in his own play up until this point at least.

PSV

He’s had his Macheda moment let’s hope that’s where the comparisons finish.
Hojlund still has a lot to do to even earn that comparison.

They were literally booing the team going into half-time last night, and Onana specifically a bit earlier.

You quoted me when I said nothing wrong? In fact I've considered context of his lack of service and pondered why (he is also to blame for not making good enough runs).

His runs weren't great, his holdup play wasn't great. A good finish from a ball that fell his way doesn't change that. Before his goal, he couldn't trap an easy pass from Rashford that would see him on goal, and he messed up another counter transition where it was 3 on 3.
If he starts firing, great, but it doesn't change the fact that he was not great in his own play up until this point at least.
This is my take as well. If confidence is suddenly going to make him do striker things properly then by all means, I can't wait for the rest of the season.

Betson

Delighted to see him get off the mark in the league , the longer the goalless run went on the more pressure that was going to be heaped on him and you could see the emotion on his face after he scored , a lot of pressure on young shoulders. But I still have my doubts as to if he is ready to lead the line yet in this league. But there is a lot of potential there.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
When they've declared their position, people just have to keep coming out with complete shite to entrench further. :lol:

Hojlund already has more goals for United. He's already proven more in a top league than Macheda ever did. He already has more senior international goals in 10 games than Macheda had youth international goals in 20 odd (and of course never got near actual international football).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
When they've declared their position, people just have to keep coming out with complete shite to entrench further.
I'm critical of Hojlund but a comparison to Macheda's touch and movement who broadly went on to have a nothing career isn't exactly a high benchmark.

Red_toad

Lad has already far surpassed anything Kiko did in his entire career. Lads an established international, has scored 1 more goal for United in far fewer games and 9 more in Serie A.

tomaldinho1

Yeah let's calm down here. I'm happy for Hojlund but it's just one PL goal in a very shit PL season.

Quote me again when he scores 20 goals a season. Let's see how much time he needs to get there.
You can’t have gone into this season thinking he’d get 20 surely though?

Marwood

Let's also see how much time it needs for the team to be playing well enough for the striker to get 20.

Because unless the striker is world class and in his absolute prime the team needs to be there for the striker to hit such figures.