Rasmus Højlund | Manchester United Player | Shirt Nr 11

Chip

Quick translation:

Højlund:
Well of course it's huge. Having to play for the club that I dreamed of when I was very small. It is only something you can dream about. So of course I am happy and proud of that.

It is of course nice to be able to say that Christian is here now. He has welcomed me very well. He called himself "Agent-Christian" towards the summer because he did his job well behind the scenes.

Journalist:
Agent Christian, you have to elaborate on that.

Højlund:
No, now I'm also making it sound like he negotiated my deal, but he just asked if I wanted to come over here and that they were really hooked on me. That I was an exciting player. If I shouldn't go talk to my people and see if we could get the work done on it because they were interested. He (Christian) wanted to get another Dane over here. He could see that the way they (United) play and the way I play would be a good match. Yes, we just talked a lot back and forth, and got to talk about things.

croadyman

It's all a bit confusing because reports say he is in full training but lacking fitness but he was literally training and playing pre season with Atalanta.

I reckon he could play from week one but really we just want to give him more time to get up to speed
Yeah that could well be the case

croadyman

Quick translation:

Højlund:
Well of course it's huge. Having to play for the club that I dreamed of when I was very small. It is only something you can dream about. So of course I am happy and proud of that.

It is of course nice to be able to say that Christian is here now. He has welcomed me very well. He called himself "Agent-Christian" towards the summer because he did his job well behind the scenes.

Journalist:
Agent Christian, you have to elaborate on that.

Højlund:
No, now I'm also making it sound like he negotiated my deal, but he just asked if I wanted to come over here and that they were really hooked on me. That I was an exciting player. If I shouldn't go talk to my people and see if we could get the work done on it because they were interested. He (Christian) wanted to get another Dane over here. He could see that the way they (United) play and the way I play would be a good match. Yes, we just talked a lot back and forth, and got to talk about things.
Clearly Eriksen will have been assigned to help him settle as a fellow Dane

RuudTom83

Ben foster thinks we should have spent an extra 30m and got Harry Kane.
The narrative last season was United paid too much for a 30 year old Casemiro...now its the opposite and United should have paid even more for Kane.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...United will be criticised regardless.

Last edited:

Amarsdd

I would have thought similar if Kane was clearly pushing for a move to United and handed in a transfer request. But as it is all down to Levy, I wouldn't have put it past him to ask for like 120M all summer and when we hand him that price at the end of the window, him just refusing and saying now he wants 150M. Feck that.

L1nk

These pundits don't have a clue. An ounce of brain power would tell you it's not a simple case of "spend an extra 30mill and get Harry Kane." Let's chalk it up to what it really is, they hate the fact United bought a Danish player because good old English British Harry Kane was right there for the taking... little problem with that though.

How many times must it be reported that;

A) Levy does not want to sell Harry Kane
B) Levy (if he was forced to sell lets say) especially does not want to sell Harry Kane to a Premier League team
C) Levy does not want to sell Harry Kane for a reasonable amount of money (100+ million minimum easily)
D) Bayern Munich have just seen an offer of over 100mill pounds (including bonuses) turned down
D+) Levy would rather sell to a club like Bayern Munich for cheaper than a club like United for more money (and again, their bid was turned down)
E) Harry Kane is after obscene wages
F) The total financial package for Hojlund over his contract is miniscule compared to the total financial package for Harry Kane over a contract (the difference between about 8 mill to 30mill or something like this) severely affecting our financial power considering FFP.
G) Harry Kane is 30 years old, Hojlund is 20, i'm sorry but this is a big factor regardless of how good Kane is

There's more

But no no it's just "pay a little more and get Kane." These people get paid for these opinions by the way, so stupid. Braindead.

ShinjiNinja26

When are these clowns going to realise we weren’t getting Kane full stop? If we spent an extra £30m and bid for Kane then suddenly it’s an extra £20m on top of that, pay that then it’s an extra £10m on top of that and so on. Bottom line is Levy isn’t selling us Kane regardless of what we offer. Pundits are looking at what Bayern were quoted and thinking it would apply to us as well.

Jeffthered

Good to get him in... get him fit and we can start to see him develop.

I still want to see more in and more out before Window closes...

Chief123

I’m delighted we’ve gone for Hojlund and not Kane. We’ve been crying out for a striker of this profile. Yes Kane is brilliant, but I’d much rather a player like Hojlund who has huge potential, is young, high energy and is fast as feck. There’s nothing like having a strong striker who’s absolutely rapid. For the style of football ETH wants to play I think Hojlund will be perfect for us.

The_Order

With the shite Spurs are putting Bayern through rn....

Welcome Rasmus!

Shimo

Watching his first interview with the club and he mentions connection to Johny Evans - am sure it was discussed at some point but, I missed that, what's that about ?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I'll be at the spurs stadium for spurs v united on the 19th, any chance Rasmus could be involved?

Big Andy

Bloke
I'll be at the spurs stadium for spurs v united on the 19th, any chance Rasmus could be involved?
CAn't see them chucking him in at an away ground, his first start will surely be at OT

criticalanalysis

When he does that wide smile, he looks like a mix of young CR9 blond locks Ronaldo and the joker :lol: