Rasmus Højlund | Manchester United Player | Shirt Nr 11

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Not the best rebuttal. I am confident in us getting the best out of the kid, and am hopeful he can have a good career here. All your posts have shown nothing but negativity and reaction, so if that is how you feel then fair enough.
Something tells me you are taking this conversation a little more seriously than is necessary!

manuchamp88

I have a feeling he will take #5
Bet he doesn't. Some key numbers are a mess at the moment. A striker with the no.17, a CM who was given the no.7, ripped from the clutches of Garnacho (why oh why?) and the club's no.9 barely features.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Something tells me you are taking this conversation a little more seriously than is necessary!
Not in the slightest, I will keep this thread on track as it feels like your posts are aimed purely at what I have said rather than about Højlund, but this signing should be exciting for fans. Not a guarantee of a success but a signing where it's the right mindset of the club

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
That’s not how it works, so stop going on about it?
You clearly never played Championship Manager.

You could reassign numbers every year to reflect changing squad status and it was all hunky-dory, so long as you didn't inform the player of said change in status and just waited for it all to dawn on him months later.

AI at its finest, why would the caf operate differently?

Castia

Not in the squad for tonight’s game

How bad is the injury? He’s training we’ve all seen the pictures I was hoping he would make the bench tonight

Trex

How bad is the injury? He’s training we’ve all seen the pictures I was hoping he would make the bench tonight
Forrest or Arsenal game going by reports.

ShinjiNinja26

The Arsenal game is the one that’s been mentioned for a possible debut. He’s training but I think he’s still doing individual stuff at the moment, hopefully he’ll begin training with the rest of the squad next week.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
The Arsenal game is the one that’s been mentioned for a possible debut. He’s training but I think he’s still doing individual stuff at the moment, hopefully he’ll begin training with the rest of the squad next week.
Arsenal game off the bench maybe. But surely that can't be his first start.

croadyman

Yeah hopefully joins team training next week

Pronewbie

Peep
Similar to how we bedded in Casemiro last season then, except last season we had McT going on a hot streak to plaster the cracks. Hopefully Martial can play a couple in the meantime.

croadyman

Think there is a real possibility of him making bench next Saturday if he joins in next week

m1tch

The club, manager, and his new teammates are doing a cracking job of cranking up the pressure on this young lad.

Let's hope he's got the mentality and talent to cope with that - even if it's a unfair ask, he can't really look to big personalities around him can he?

ShoePolish

He'll do a grand job by just being in the side right now.
Rashford can go back to his position, Garnacho can drop on the bench.

Tibs

As shit as we are, we shouldn't throw the lad into the deep end before he is fully fit..if that means 2-3 more games without him then so be it.

Josep Dowling

The boy doesn’t stand a chance. Purely because we are so shite there will be too much expectation on him to do well. He should be coming as a rotation player really.

Mike Smalling

The boy doesn’t stand a chance. Purely because we are so shite there will be too much expectation on him to do well. He should be coming as a rotation player really.
He's got an incredibly difficult job on his hands with tons of pressure. We can't create chances at all, and he's not going to create them himself. Seeing the first two games, I've downgraded what success looks like for Højlund from approx. 15 to 10 goals.

laughtersassassin

He's got an incredibly difficult job on his hands with tons of pressure. We can't create chances at all, and he's not going to create them himself. Seeing the first two games, I've downgraded what success looks like for Højlund from approx. 15 to 10 goals.
Problem is who's gonna score for us then? We where 6th top scorers last season.

And Rashford won't get near is equalling his tally for last season.

So at best we are looking at scoring a similar amount but if that's the case we will be in a fight for 5th or 6th imo

Mike Smalling

Problem is who's gonna score for us then? We where 6th top scorers last season.

And Rashford won't get near is equalling his tally for last season.

So at best we are looking at scoring a similar amount but if that's the case we will be in a fight for 5th or 6th imo
I couldn't tell you. I think we will probably be around 6th to 8th top scorers this season. I feel certain we will be behind at least City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle and Brighton. Potentially also Chelsea and Spurs.

It's just not looking good.

laughtersassassin

I couldn't tell you. I think we will probably be around 6th to 8th top scorers this season. I feel certain we will be behind at least City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle and Brighton. Potentially also Chelsea and Spurs.

It's just not looking good.
We are fecked then in truth. No way around it. 6th top scorers won't get us in the top 4 this season

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We are fecked then in truth. No way around it. 6th top scorers won't get us in the top 4 this season
Unless we end up having Chelsea 2005 levels of defense than yeah you'd be right.

We probably should have gone all in on kane, hope it doesn't cost us too much.

laughtersassassin

Unless we end up having Chelsea 2005 levels of defense than yeah you'd be right.

We probably should have gone all in on kane, hope it doesn't cost us too much.
I think the Club where planning for MG to be our other striker, and rightfully so that doesn't look to be happening now.

Then the problem becomes we need to sell to buy and MG won't fund another striker. Would need to be loaned to get his value back up first.

Doesn't really seem to be a way to solve our goalscoring problem unless the club find another 60-100 million in their back pocket

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think the Club where planning for MG to be our other striker, and rightfully so that doesn't look to be happening now.

Then the problem becomes we need to sell to buy and MG won't fund another striker. Would need to be loaned to get his value back up first.

Doesn't really seem to be a way to solve our goalscoring problem unless the club find another 60-100 million in their back pocket
Perhaps but even then that wouldn't have been a perfect plan either, that certain someone himself is still a prospect after all, not a veteran.

Assuming we're going for a top class striker and not just stop gap we have to either shell out 150 mil for oshimen (not happening) or wait a tear and hope other options become available.

A very undesirable situation to be in.

Mike Smalling

It would be take big improvements from several players to turn this around, in my opinion. Rashford needs to go on a streak similar to last year, Højlund needs to be effective from the start, Antony and Garnacho need to take it to another level, Mount needs to chip in with goals and assists. I'm not sure how much I believe in these though.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It would be take big improvements from several players to turn this around, in my opinion. Rashford needs to go on a streak similar to last year, Højlund needs to be effective from the start, Antony and Garnacho need to take it to another level, Mount needs to chip in with goals and assists. I'm not sure how much I believe in these though.
Having an actual striker who is a threat will open up spaces for our other attackers

LInkash

He is meant to be a really confident player so hopefully we've made the right judgement and he can handle the pressure and hit the ground running.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It should. But are players needs way too many chances to score. They miss way too many decent chances
Again having a top striker would have helped. When you have pressure taken off you by a top striker its easier to score. I really think people are underestimating how much we needed to go for a top level striker this summer above all else.

Top 2 priorities this summer should have been a top level striker and a keeper.

We signed Mount first with a large amount of the budget. That just a massive mistake right there

RedChisel

He's being set up to fail. He will be tossed into a failing team and will be under massive pressure to turn things around.

r0663664

Worships Man City
If fans expect Hoijund to make a huge difference will be disappointed, I think he will need 8-10 games to understand the intensity of the Premier League. He will be probably coming on as a sub or coming off in the 60-70 mins. Sorry, Hoijund will not be a savior of this club looking at how funds are misuse. After Alex retire, we have spend billion on our squad and quality remains the same. Every manager that we had seems to play will monopoly money from Fellani, Di Maria, Maguire, Fred, DVD, Pogba, Mata, Matic, Sanchez and etc. What a joke this club is? Letting the managers decide their shinny new toys without asking the manager if it is the right player.