Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

He was bought on as No 9 and he was playing as no 9 for Monaco when we bought him if I am not mistaken .
Berba was the 9.. he was inverted from the highlights I seen at the time. But we definitely brought him in as a 9 and that’s where he played until young Rashy broke through.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
He’d be one of the fastest players in the team? Greenwood wouldnmt be better because he han’t played football for nearly 2 years so he’s a complete unknown quantity currently.
There is a distinct difference between quick and fast. Being quick over a few steps is much more useful in football. I just don't see real quickness from his highlights.

AdNani

Berba was the 9.. he was inverted from the highlights I seen at the time. But we definitely brought him in as a 9 and that’s where he played until young Rashy broke through.
He played as the 9 for us when he arrived, he went to the left but when he first signed he was playing as a 9

gajender

Ok but I think most saw him as future No 9 even at Monaco and agreed he was definitely seen as No 9 and played as one initially at United before Rashford's emergence and then Van Gal shifted him on the left while also playing Depay through the middle as well .

FredTheRed1994

Not sure what I think of Højlund. From what I saw at his time at FCK, i really can't believe the price tag he has got! Way to much, from a limited time IMO. Not even a full season of playing time .. (thought Diallo had played more than he did at Atalanta)

Think there might be some better options at this price range

NotThatSoph

Okay fella. You convinced me with your flawless reasoning and logic. You’re right, we’re in FFP hell. We can’t spend a pound over 120m because if we do, we’re out of the Premier League and the Champions League. Thank you for showing me The Truth. :lol:
I'm just asking you to show your work. You know better than financial analysts, who have been writing about this for a year, so it would be interesting to learn something.

croadyman

Great game. Nice touches in tight spaces and a good game with his back to goal as you say. I like that little burst of pace as well.
Yeah his back to goal play and nice touch & move style is really demonstrated there,also like you say that little burst of pace down the middle as well

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I think he'll be fine adapting.

Players in Serie A aren't really any shorter, slower or weaker than their Premier League counterparts. They're just less aggressive with their pressing because of team tactics.

If you watch this video of Hojlund, he seems to get double and triple marked all the time and heavily pressured on every move. That's a decent test of his suitability for English football which I don't think you could say about any of our recent flops (Sancho, VdB, etc).

I think he'll take to the PL fairly quickly. He already plays like a PL player, if his highlights are anything to go by.
Where is that video is he consistently double and triple-marked? I see him getting closed down by multiple players but that's normal for an attacker.

Rossa

There is a distinct difference between quick and fast. Being quick over a few steps is much more useful in football. I just don't see real quickness from his highlights.
Haaland is fast but not particularly quick. Same with Lukaku. Even Walker is more fast than quick - albeit bloody fast. It depends on the style of play, but Haaland thrives well in a Pep set-up, so it should work.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Despite being young it's clearly visible to me that Hojlund is better fit for us than Oshimen. His linkup play is better, he's quicker and looks like a smarter guy as soon as he gains more experience.

Having said that, ideal scenario is to sell Martial and bring 2 strikers this Summer, for example Jonathan David is available for around 60m EUR according to reports.
:lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
We should sign his younger brother Emil just in case he also turns out good.

SIgned him a few times on FM and has decent potential

zaafi

Hardly a controversial statement.

Osimhen is a better goal scorer, and excels in aerial duels. Napoli have excellent crossers from both sides, and we have Shaw, and Bruno occasionally. We'd be taking away one of his strengths if he played here.
Another thing with Osimhen is that he doesn't really do much else other than waiting in the box, but he has brilliant work rate, which he uses to press the goalkeeper and defenders.

Højlund looks better technically and link-up play with team mates. So when he says Højlund would be a better fit for us, assuming he continues his progressive trajectory, (especially when he's played here for some time) he isn't wrong.

L1nk

I get where he's coming from, obviously it's abusurd in one sense to say that because right now Osimhen is absolutely the more accomplished player, however they play completely differently from each other, meaning it's not as absurd to say Hojlund might be a better fit for us because of the way he plays, not because he's currently a better player than Osimhen which he obviously isn't

Teja

His performance vs Lazio looks good, proper striker.

His game with back to goal is good, agile for player of his size and decent dribbling skills too.

Any idea why the dispossessed and miscontrols stats are so bad? His touch, technique specifically seems okay and not really getting Lukaku vibes from him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His performance vs Lazio looks good, proper striker.

His game with back to goal is good, agile for player of his size and decent dribbling skills too.

The goal he scores shows why he would be good for us. A striker that bursts a gut to get into the box is exactly what we have been missing.
His all round play also is quite good, but what I have noticed about him most is that he has good movement in the box and he is always getting into the 6 yard box when he should

Big Andy

Bloke
The goal he scores shows why he would be good for us. A striker that bursts a gut to get into the box is exactly what we have been missing.
His all round play also is quite good, but what I have noticed about him most is that he has good movement in the box and he is always getting into the 6 yard box when he should
I reckon he could add 5-10 goals a season to our total just by being in the box for a tap in. Look at how many Haaland got just by being within the 6 yard box last season. He must've picked up 10-20 goals form within the 6 yard box or thereabouts. Either way, we need to be far more clinical in front of goal next season. Many game last eason we could've been 1-0, 2-0 up and out of sight, only to end up 0-0 with 25 minutes to go and having to chase games. If we can turn some of those draws into wins, and some of those tight 1-0's into 2-0/3-0 allowing us to make earlier changes to rest players, it makes things much easier.

Gandalf

Not sure what I think of Højlund. From what I saw at his time at FCK, i really can't believe the price tag he has got! Way to much, from a limited time IMO. Not even a full season of playing time .. (thought Diallo had played more than he did at Atalanta)

Think there might be some better options at this price range
Amad had only 4 league appearances for Atalanta and was signed in a deal with the potential to reach 37M based off that. Considering that was 2 and a half years ago and Rasmus is a little more proven it is understandable that the fee is likely to end up north of 50M. Forwards are hard to find and so come at a premium, if you wait for them to have that breakthrough season (15-20 goals in a top 5 league) then you can start the bidding at 100M so you have to take a swing on potential or have very deep pockets.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Thanks but those are his attributes now. I mean how did he develop in your game? Do you have a screenshot of his attributes/record when he's older like 25-26 yo?
Here he is in my current save (unfortunately not playing) for PSG much.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Any idea why the dispossessed and miscontrols stats are so bad? His touch, technique specifically seems okay and not really getting Lukaku vibes from him.
No idea, usually these stats are dominated by attacking players who plays in congested areas.

Not sure about his stats, I haven't checked, also i have no idea on this player. Just found his game vs Lazio very interesting, showing what he is capable of.

Yeah, proper goalscorer effort. Would love to see player who are goal hungry.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tends to happen with players who try a lot of take ons. Also he's 20 and it was his first season in a serious league. Important to remember, as he'll also be making a big step up to the prem where it'll take time to adapt

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Hardly a controversial statement.

Osimhen is a better goal scorer, and excels in aerial duels. Napoli have excellent crossers from both sides, and we have Shaw, and Bruno occasionally. We'd be taking away one of his strengths if he played here.
Another thing with Osimhen is that he doesn't really do much else other than waiting in the box, but he has brilliant work rate, which he uses to press the goalkeeper and defenders.

Højlund looks better technically and link-up play with team mates. So when he says Højlund would be a better fit for us, assuming he continues his progressive trajectory, (especially when he's played here for some time) he isn't wrong.
I get where he's coming from, obviously it's abusurd in one sense to say that because right now Osimhen is absolutely the more accomplished player, however they play completely differently from each other, meaning it's not as absurd to say Hojlund might be a better fit for us because of the way he plays, not because he's currently a better player than Osimhen which he obviously isn't
No, it's completely wrong and wishful thinking about a player you fancy. If they were close in ability that would be one thing, but one is currently on the best strikers in Europe the other is not. Osimhen would make United a better team, so he's the better fit.

zaafi

No, it's completely wrong and wishful thinking about a player you fancy. If they were close in ability that would be one thing, but one is currently on the best strikers in Europe the other is not. Osimhen would make United a better team, so he's the better fit.
Football is a team game, and you're completely ignoring what makes Osimhen good for a team :lol:

Blindly ignoring his weaknesses and strengths, and just assuming he will do as good here as he is for Napoli.

L1nk

Not true though is it? I mean yes the Osimhen being one of the best strikers in Europe is true of course.. but if he plays in a way that isn't what ETH wants from a forward to play in the system he is developing, but Hojlund's way of playing - even if it's not as good yet - is, how is it a wrong statement? United would have a world class striker sure but then ETH has to compromise on how he wants the team to play because Osimhen doesn't have the traits that Hojlund does and therefore the team is more compromised to accomodate Osimhen's way of playing, so no he isn't necessarily the better fit

You're basically confusing current ability with fit, you're thinking in the mindset of you just plug any player into a position and the team works so long as the player is good - no matter how they play - where as it's quite obvious ETH is building a system where he wants his players to be able to do specific things and therefore targets players of those skillsets - even if they currently aren't as good as other players we could target for those positions.

Surely you'd say that there are better skilled midfielders than Mount we could have targeted.. yet he wanted Mount

Onana is great but you could argue it would maybe be better for us to buy Diogo Costa or arguably a better keeper like Mike Maignan, but he wants Onana.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Football is a team game, and you're completely ignoring what makes Osimhen good for a team :lol:

Blindly ignoring his weaknesses and strengths, and just assuming he will do as good here as he is for Napoli.
So you believe RH would make United a better team than Osimhen?

zaafi

So you believe RH would make United a better team than Osimhen?
Probably not right away, no, but we're trying to build for the future, which means getting players (yes, also strikers) that can play how Ten Hag wants. We don't want another Lukaku on our hands. Sure, he scored goals but the rest of his play such as link-up and technique is almost non-existant, and Osimhen is the same in this aspect.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
As a Dane I'd honestly like him to play at least one more full season in a team where he's guaranteed a lot of playing time as opposed to coming here (or elsewhere) where he's probably mostly going to challenge for a starting spot. Of course it's always interesting to see how a young player steps up when having to prove themselves but I'd like to have a proper striking playing for Denmark again who's actually playing in his club as well.

From his point of view he's probably also looking at which manager/coaching setup he's going to work with and whether that's a good fit.

L1nk

As a Dane I'd honestly like him to play at least one more full season in a team where he's guaranteed a lot of playing time as opposed to coming here (or elsewhere) where he's probably mostly going to challenge for a starting spot. Of course it's always interesting to see how a young player steps up when having to prove themselves but I'd like to have a proper striking playing for Denmark again who's actually playing in his club as well.

From his point of view he's probably also looking at which manager/coaching setup he's going to work with and whether that's a good fit.
If this guy had the chance to join United i'd be dead certain that he chooses United regardless, his social media activity, interviews, and reports from people like Romano basically confirm that he's desperate to join

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Not true though is it? I mean yes the Osimhen being one of the best strikers in Europe is true of course.. but if he plays in a way that isn't what ETH wants from a forward to play in the system he is developing, but Hojlund's way of playing - even if it's not as good yet - is, how is it a wrong statement? United would have a world class striker sure but then ETH has to compromise on how he wants the team to play because Osimhen doesn't have the traits that Hojlund does and therefore the team is more compromised to accomodate Osimhen's way of playing, so no he isn't necessarily the better fit

You're basically confusing current ability with fit, you're thinking in the mindset of you just plug any player into a position and the team works so long as the player is good - no matter how they play - where as it's quite obvious ETH is building a system where he wants his players to be able to do specific things and therefore targets players of those skillsets - even if they currently aren't as good as other players we could target for those positions.

Surely you'd say that there are better skilled midfielders than Mount we could have targeted.. yet he wanted Mount

Onana is great but you could argue it would maybe be better for us to buy Diogo Costa or arguably a better keeper like Mike Maignan, but he wants Onana.
No, I'm not. What I'm saying is that even considering the dropoff of coming to a team that might not suit him the best Osimhen raw ability will be more beneficial to United than RH. Let's put it this way, if United could afford Osimhen would it even be a question who they take?

OsloRed

No, I'm not. What I'm saying is that even considering the dropoff of coming to a team that might not suit him the best Osimhen raw ability will be more beneficial to United than RH. Let's put it this way, if United could afford Osimhen would it even be a question who they take?
If we could afford Osimhen, we'd buy Kane.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Probably not right away, no, but we're trying to build for the future, which means getting players (yes, also strikers) that can play how Ten Hag wants. We don't want another Lukaku on our hands. Sure, he scored goals but the rest of his play such as link-up and technique is almost non-existant, and Osimhen is the same in this aspect.
Osimhen is 24 so he's for the future as well. And he's clearly better than Lukaku and if Osimhen bangs in 30+ goals a season nobody, including the manager, would care about his technique or link up play.

Status
Not open for further replies.