Rasmus Højlund | Signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Hojlund seems to be the second tier striker right now from Kane and Osimhen due to their fees...

my question i guess is why Muani isn't heavily linked with a move away to big clubs right now? Hojlund seems to be getting more ink than Muani
Frankfurt are seemingly asking for exorbitant fees at present.

croadyman

Hojlund seems to be the second tier striker right now from Kane and Osimhen due to their fees...

my question i guess is why Muani isn't heavily linked with a move away to big clubs right now? Hojlund seems to be getting more ink than Muani
Think he's been loosely with Bayern & PSG

Alemar

Quoted prices for Muani are prohibitive, whereas 50-60m quoted for Hojlund are affordable (even if still expensive)

Gandalf

He has been linked with a few clubs but nothing very advanced. For us I think it is just that he is another wide attacker who occupies similar areas of the pitch to players we already have and so does not address a need. A player like Rasmus who is an out and out CF fits better as we have plenty of wide attackers creating chances and playing around the edge of the area but we are screaming out for someone to get in the 6 yard box and finish things.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Obviously, United would rather have strikers like Kane/Osimhen/Muani but would settle for Højlund due to cost. The question is if settling for the next tier down is really worth it?
Muani is in the same bracket as Højlund surely? Hojlund this season and then Kane on a free next year would be great business. The trouble is though we’d have lots of competition for Kane next season but I’ve got a feeling if he’s still at Spurs come September I think he’s signing a new deal with them.

laughtersassassin

They dropped the case because of a withdrawal of the witness, you make it sound like he went through a court of law and was proven innocent. He wasn't.
Not defending MG but the statement also did say due to new evidence as well as withdrawal of witness. It's best not to only quote one section of the statement

croadyman

He has been linked with a few clubs but nothing very advanced. For us I think it is just that he is another wide attacker who occupies similar areas of the pitch to players we already have and so does not address a need. A player like Rasmus who is an out and out CF fits better as we have plenty of wide attackers creating chances and playing around the edge of the area but we are screaming out for someone to get in the 6 yard box and finish things.
Yeah similar to Rashford then

Bojan Djordjic

No I get it I think I just am tired of coming out on the wrong end of deals. I never want to see Greenwood play for us again but begrudgingly admit that he is an absolutely stunning footballer. I'd much rather we pay the money for Hoijlund now and send Greenwood on loan. Let him remind the world of his value and more time to pass in people's minds then get something like his actual value.

Swapping him straight up with a 30m player just feels like we are leaving so much value on the table.
Nah, think this is a good deal. Greenwood is worth nothing to us commercially. The players who can pay big money will have no interest in bringing that PR scrutiny. Need to offload him to another league. Also, Greenwood was showing nothing for us at centre forward. He's so overrated. His movement was really poor and Hojlund already shows much more natural instinct for box movement. Honestly think Greenwood is a complete one trick pony (great shooter but no creativity, no dribbling ability and woejus off the ball) and coupled with his disgusting character, I'm chuffed if we can get rid of him and get someone in who's a much better profile.

joedirt87

Rasmus we have haaland at home Hojlund. if we get this kid I hope he can at least be a double digit goal scorer in year 1.

LordSpud

I'm impressed with the speed at which we've moved in the transfer window so far. Literally went from Mount to Onana to Hojland in a couple of weeks with plenty of the window left to sell some players and maybe bring a 4th in

croadyman

Muani is in the same bracket as Højlund surely? Hojlund this season and then Kane on a free next year would be great business. The trouble is though we’d have lots of competition for Kane next season but I’ve got a feeling if he’s still at Spurs come September I think he’s signing a new deal with them.
Yeah I would definitely say he is too,like you said competition for Kane would be fierce IF he doesn't go to Bayern or sign deal

Belisarius

There’s a certain poster on this page that has some god awful views on stuff. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, but fecking hell - it looks as if he has zero idea into the Greenwood story at all.
It's true that he doesn't. But, then neither do you. No one does. The case never came to trial so Greenwood never had the opportunity to present a defence. Some people still hold to the concept of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law after having had a chance to confront ones accusers. While others will convict him in the court of public opinion and condemn him based on the limited information that was released to the public. It's not at all obvious to me that one group is morally superior to the other no matter how shocking the videos were.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
But surely you can't disagree with the people who choose to judge based on the picture and audio evidence they seen heard as well
That's up to them, what I will disagree with is someone telling me that I have to make a judgement based on just those when the people in the know say there is other evidence

Dazzmondo

The fees I've seen for Muani are extremely high. Guessing that's the reason

croadyman

I'm impressed with the speed at which we've moved in the transfer window so far. Literally went from Mount to Onana to Hojland in a couple of weeks with plenty of the window left to sell some players and maybe bring a 4th in
I am gonna be greedy and say we need a 5th whether that's cover at CB & RB (like Pavard) or backup ST (Taremi). I could see the 4th being some cover for Casemiro but maybe wrong.

JustinC00

They get the better player. Anything over £30m Is robbery.
We get the better person. That "better player" is a vile monster who isn't fit to wear the United badge. Consider the extra 20m+ that you think is robbery as what we have to pay for someone to take that vile idiot off our hands.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's true that he doesn't. But, then neither do you. No one does. The case never came to trial so Greenwood never had the opportunity to present a defence. Some people still hold to the concept of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law after having had a chance to confront ones accusers. While others will convict him in the court of public opinion and condemn him based on the limited information that was released to the public. It's not at all obvious to me that one group is morally superior to the other no matter how shocking the videos were.
+1

lsd

The Oracle
it's a good business deal for everyone involved....Hojlund gets the move he wants and we get a young #9 who looks to have all the ability to be a top top class player. Mason gets a fresh start in another country away from the english press and united. he gets a chance to mature, rebuild his career and hopefully grow up a bit.

what he did was horrific but at the end of the day, no prosecution took place and the family involved has taken the steps they needed to put this incident behind them. As much as people want to be judge, jury and executioner, we have to hope giving him a second chance will help turn his life around. If the girls parents are willing to do so, who are we to judge anyone?

He is a complete scumbag who is very lucky he is not in jail where he should be and we should not ever be putting that behind us.

Anyone wants him to play for United again really needs to take a long look at themselves as they clearly have something wrong with their head

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
100% correct - but there’s a level of how much you defend a person. The poster in question genuinely seemed to ask what Greenwood did wrong - as if they’ve been living under a rock. Each to their own on opinion, but there needs to be some rationality behind it. I think if we can get a talented feck in Hojlund as part of the deal, perfect. If Atalanta don’t want, he can be sent to a football team in the abyss for all I care.

I’m all for rehabilitation - but to walk straight back into the club and expect people to forget is naive.

Apologies for the topic-derailment.

Back to the thread at hand, I can’t see Atalanta wanting cash + player. I think £45-50m will do it though.

Bojan Djordjic

Good points.

I have to ask though. What do you mean by Kane being an exception of the elite strikers that are high volume scorers from a young age?
Kane at 21 years of age scored 21 PL goals and has scored 20+ ever since in the PL except three seasons where he scored 17, 18 and 17 again.
I guess I'm even classifying 21 as quite old for an elite striker to be showing their pedigree, although admittedly I thought Kane was a tiny bit older before he started really racking up good numbers. Prior to that, he had made almost no impact at all. If you look at Lewa, Benzema, Aguero, Brazilian Ronaldo or Michael Owen, they were putting up really big numbers in their teens. Obviously, they are among the greatest strikers in modern history and Michael Owen but even the fact that he's only becoming a regular starter at 20 would indicate that he's not in the very upper echelon of forwards if we go by trends.

zaafi

I didn't know United wanted 21-year-old Osimhen rather than the current one. I never said he is trash, but if United are interested in an elite striker he's not at that level currently.
That's not the point I was trying to make. Of course we are interested in an elite striker, but the reality is that we're not getting one now.
Højlund is one of the highest rated young strikers at the moment, so it makes more sense to go for a younger striker with potential instead of an experienced one who isn't even that much better and we'd have to replace in a few years anyway.

Bojan Djordjic

Don't think ETH will make the same mistake on squad rotation. Most fans could see the issue coming and I expect he'll adjust
Wish I could believe that but it's something he was heavily criticised for at Ajax and showed no signs of changing. Think it's just part of his coaching philosophy that the best players play every week and you need to dislodge them if you want game time.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Very joyful reading the last few pages of this thread…

Hojlund is going to be great for this club.

Football talk only

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Stick to the threads lad, we aren’t here to talk about MGs guilty or not guilty.

the fact that he hasn’t trained with the group in nearly 2 years never mind kick a football makes it totally logical for the club to send him on loan, as a sweetener for this deal. The rest can be discussed later when the thread reopens

croadyman

Wish I could believe that but it's something he was heavily criticised for at Ajax and showed no signs of changing. Think it's just part of his coaching philosophy that the best players play every week and you need to dislodge them if you want game time.
I still believe IF the leeches finally feck off and Jassim gets the club he can improve squad depth and will allow for more rotation

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Explain to me what he actually did and maybe I'll understand the wow?

It was 6am on a Sunday morning when the girl in question posted the stuff and you're just gonna believe her?
I agree. You can't report a crime before you drink morning coffe, smoke a couple and eat something. Common sense.

subotai

Stick to the threads lad, we aren’t here to talk about MGs guilty or not guilty.

the fact that he hasn’t trained with the group in nearly 2 years never mind kick a football makes it totally logical for the club to send him on loan, as a sweetener for this deal. The rest can be discussed later when the thread reopens
Just got American werewolf in london vibes :D

Not meaning to detract obviously :)

Duafc

Village Lemon
Some people need to really regularly refresh themselves on at least the transcript of the recording.

Then catch a grip.

The police and CPS both felt on the evidence they had at that point that the bar for prosecution was passed, meaning they felt, on the evidence they held, a successful prosecution was likely and that it was in the publics interest to proceed. Those decisions to move to court aren't just willy nilly, because it's high profile, or for any other reason. They are matter of fact on the strength of the evidence at that time.

Key witness withdrawal will simply torpedo any case of this type and offers no insight into innocence. New evidence coming to light could be anything and it's not really proper to speculate.

Important to bear in mind, for me, the cycle of abuse, the complexity of relationships (heightened by being attached to a world wide, rich, starlett) and the great many reasons victims of abuse remain with partners, cover for them, change their story etc. To maintain the relationship.

It is beyond favourable to MG to ignore the above and suggest we simply cannot judge him because it never got to court. He will likely never be criminally convicted (for this) but the evidence in the public domain is more than enough for anyone to hold a moral stance.

I would simply ask people to offer their explanations for the transcript instead.

Is it fake? Roleplay? AI generated? Is she making it up for money and fame? What do you think is happening in that situation, and do you believe her to be handily recording it in it's first instance?

Because I feel it is absolutely crystalline in content.

I have a lot more time for people who simply say I don't really care about footballers character, I just want good players at United.

Duafc

Village Lemon

Posted before I saw this, apologies Geebs.

Still think this stance is beyond silly at this stage.

L1nk

Not defending MG but the statement also did say due to new evidence as well as withdrawal of witness. It's best not to only quote one section of the statement
I posted the whole statement in another post, not excluding it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.